Campus White Student Union page created on Facebook

Update: The UC Berkeley White Student Union Facebook page was deleted Monday. Read more here

A Facebook page for a UC Berkeley White Student Union was created Saturday, causing campus community members to voice their concerns, especially on social media.

According to the group’s mission statement, the White Student Union was founded to “unapologetically provide a safe space for white students to air their true feelings” about the “challenges European-American students on college campuses face.”

It also claimed the group was inspired by its counterpart at UCLA, whose Facebook page indicated that it was created Friday.

A similar page was created at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a response to a Black Lives Matter rally, prompting the campus’s administration to respond, condemning the creation of the group.

Various students took to social media to voice their concerns regarding the group’s creation. While some students expressed anger, some simply doubted the group’s validity.

“From where I am, it seems that students aren’t taking this too seriously, because despite how indicative this is of white supremacy’s presence at Cal, it’s very low on the list of priorities,” said Nisa Dang, a campus senior. “The response has indicated that this type of reactionary, supremacist behavior will not be welcomed or tolerated by students who have been working to uplift the oppressed and marginalized.”

Kevin Sabo, president of the UC Student Association, said he had been in touch with UCSA board members regarding how to address the group. He has also personally reported the page to Facebook, as have other community members, but said the issue was still under review.

“Events like this can be triggering for communities of color who are underrepresented and feel microaggressions everyday,” Sabo said. “This is a slap in the face.”

Associate Chancellor and Dean of Students Joseph Greenwell responded to several students’ concerns on Facebook on Sunday evening, stating that the campus was looking into the group because of a “violation of the use of the University brand.”

The creators of the Facebook page declined to respond for comment.

Check back here for updates. 

Adrienne Shih is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @adrienneshih.

Because of misinformation from a source, a previous version of this article incorrectly stated that a protest was planned in tandem with the Black Student Union and BAMN. In fact, the rally was not organized with these two organizations.

• Johannes De Silentio

Black Student Union: Good
    Asian Student Union: Good
    White Student Union: Racist

Whites will overcome this racism. I mean, it is [insert the current year]. COME ON!

• Feet2Fire

Guess lying and sociology go together.

• roccolore

Across college campuses, there have been many hate crime hoaxes.

• Feet2Fire

“HOAXES R US,” it seems, ever since around 2008… ! –i.e., harmonious race relations have disintegrated and claims of “hate crimes” have spiked ever since the election of the Chicagoites… Sad to say.

• Nicholas I

Like The Holocaust and Jews. Some things are just made for each other.

• Otto Greif

These colleges need to require a class on the First Amendment.

• Otto Greif

Protesting a Facebook page, that’s too funny.

• CalAlum99

Good satire indeed.

• blackalaureate

the “white student unions” exist in social media only. they are purely fabricated, meant to stir up trouble.

• Khalisnky

I think it’s cause there’s a very real possibility of them getting the sh*t kicked out of them if they tried to meet in public, so I’m not surprised

• blackalaureate

no it isn’t.

• Khalisnky

Whoa, you calling me racist all of a sudden?!!! Say it straight up, are you calling me racist, now? You better explain why, don’t just point your finger and say “racist”! A 6-year-old can do that.

• blackalaureate

oh calm down. i didn’t call you anything.

• Khalisnky

Pardon me.

• blackalaureate

that’s just a racist excuse. real student groups register like any other group and they show up on the quad just like any other group. all of this is fakery.

• Negus Wong

Wouldn’t that be a racist hate crime?

• garyfouse

This is amusing. I guess we are coming full circle when it comes to separating us all by tribes. Yet, given the demonization of whites in academia (“privileged whites”) maybe this should have been predictable.

But let us play Devil’s Advocate for a moment. If these folks are making racist statements, then they are to be condemned out of hand. If not, then ask why a black student union is fine, a MEChA chapter is fine, an Asian-American Association chapter is fine, and so on. Yet a white student association is straightaway deemed “supremist”.

Segregation was wrong. Tribalization is also wrong.

• Aiser88

Tribalization is NOT wrong. It is a natural component for human happiness and belonging. The tribe is what one falls back on to assert group interest, maintain social cohesion, find a mate of the compatible background and build the kind of society that reflect your values. Those that wish to do away with tribe want atomization which is incredibly wrong. The atomized individualistic person becomes alienated, easily depressed and totally deracinated, cut off from ones roots. In an environment where everyone is individualized it is impossible literally to have any sort of social cohesion and harmony and even shared values and back grounds. People that live in diverse areas such as big cities tend to be more rude, don’t even know their next door neighbors name it’s just a god awful environment to be in.

• Fog Juice

spot on.

• hadabellyfull

SHHHHHHHHHEEEIT>……….and
    SHUT IT DOWn .signed Rabbi Shekelstien….

• http://fanghornforest.wordpress.com The Reactionary Tree

I wish we had organizations like this when I was in college. It’d be really cool to have an organization where you get in touch with your European heritage.

• SarahBJones

You started this, man. You’re making it happen yourself. You’ll be found out. Don’t worry.

• Khalisnky

Found out, Sarah? That someone started a White Students Union FaceBook page in a free country? Then what? The guillotine? You, my friend, need a trip to North Korea. … or maybe you belong right here in Berkeley ;-)

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! It’s all the fault of the Whites!

• SarahBJones

You seem to have a loose wire

• https://twitter.com/Raiden679 Raiden

Apparently Freedom of Association is not so sacrosanct when it comes to Whites.

• http://www.infostormer.com/ infostormer

This is long over due. The fact that these Black groups are crying about it is ridiculous. They should go back to Africa if they have a problem with a group being formed that looks out for White interests.

• Epoche

Or we could just find ways for people to be able to form organizations that exclude others based upon self defined criteria. No need for anyone to go anywhere

• Epoche

Jewish ethnocentrism is good, white ethnocentrism is bad.

• Mark Talmont

But for the political influence of white, conservative Christians in the US, there probably never would have been an Israel and at least more likely than not would have wiped off the map quite some time ago.

• Epoche

Thats different because Jon Stewart made a few wisecracks.

• So Kali

Can hispanic students join?

• Khalisnky

According to UC Davis’s newly formed page, YES! That’s kinda nice. If the Berkeley and UCLA ones were smart they’d say “yes” too

• yosemiteone

No Stupido !

• Khalisnky

My god, there are now FaceBook pages for the following colleges: UCLA, UC Berkeley, U of Illinois, U of
    Austin, Penn State, Georgia State, PRINCETON (?!!), North Carolina, Cincinnati, Missoula, Minnesota, NYU (?!!!).

Wow.

• christiania

This just shows the insane amount of doublethink progressives do. Non-white student unions are just fine, but for whites to get together to discuss their issues and culture then suddenly that’s called white supremacism. Racism against non-white is evil and disgusting, but white people can’t be the victims of racism and any complaint is waved away as a need to “check your privilege”. Nobody bats an eye when Afrocentrists affirm that Bach or Julius Caesar were black, or that the “real” Celts or Romans were black, or even that the HRE was ruled by a black dynasty. Nobody bats an eye when they say all we’ve done for thousands of years is hijack supposedly black culture and science in a transparent effort to do to us what they’re accusing us of doing to them. But a white person wears a sombrero, and that’s akin to murder.

Who are the real racists?

We have one of the brightest, most vibrant and profound cultures in the world. There’s thousands of years of history, thought and tradition behind who we are, and on top of the pan-Western classical Greco-Roman stock, home to some of the world’s greatest thinkers and writers, every white country adds one more layer of richness. We have an incredible heritage and we have the right to be proud of it.

This has nothing to do with “white supremacism”. In fact, this has nothing to do with other races at all. This is about us, our culture, our right to be proud of who we are and of what our ancestors and ourselves have accomplished. How is that “white supremacism”? Don’t we have a right to appreciate our culture and our roots like any other people on Earth? Don’t we have the right to air our grievances when something we feel is unjust has been done to us? Why are we the only ones who are denied that basic right, in the countries our forebears have sweat, bled and died to build, no less?

This is solely about us, but they try to make it so it’s about them. Everything is always about them. Look at what they’re saying. “This is a slap in the face to them, those who feel microaggressions every day.” A slap in the face to minorities? This doesn’t even concern them! This has exactly nothing to do with them! It’s a slap in the face to them because they choose to interpret it that way. Only their feelings and their perception of our intentions matter. The real intentions, the real reasons? They don’t matter.

This is about us, our culture and the issues we face in society. In a world where it’s perfectly acceptable to make an event where white people are denied entry solely due to their skin color, where asking campuses to set up “white-free safe spaces” (aka apartheid) is not even considered a politically extremist demand but a perfectly reasonable one, they dare paint us as the racists.

Thanks for proving the point of the organizers of this union for them. Whites need to come together and resist this insanity. We need to defend ourselves. I don’t hate minorities. I’m not a “white supremacist”. However, to deny the right of white people to come together and discuss the issues they face in society, notably in regard to their culture, is the opposite of tolerance. It’s blatant hatred. It’s precisely because of this hatred that we must come together and secure our future.

• Jamie

This is poor journalism. You left out the problematic parts of their mission statement. You missed the key point of contention. It isn’t that they want a cultural group, its the foundation of that group that gets problematic in the second to last paragraph of their statement. THAT’S what the problem is. Leaving that out of your article makes it seem that people are upset simply because they want a group too.

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! What poor journalism! It’s so problematic! It’s like anudda Shoah!

• Rap_Porter

“White Student Union” pages, anonymously created, have popped up for
    campuses around the country, all in the past couple of days. There is no
    evidence they are connected to anyone at those campuses; for all we
    know they are the work of a single person.

• DNAC101

AS as a black man, I find it more interesting the response to the existence of such a student group. In a free society you can’t define or determine which groups are allowed to form or not. That is not a free society if one tries to do that. Also, in the real world people don’t have to care about the feelings and emotions of others.

So, as a black man, I am in no way threatened or mentally harmed by the notion of a White Student Union. I am actually more interested in when the meetings are starting so that I can learn about this perspective on race relations.

I would say to everyone else, if you are not strong enough to accept the fact that people have a right to form a group that does not have to meet your emotional standards, maybe college is not the place for you?

• Epoche

A lot of the anti-white rhetoric comes from upper class whites who want
      to crush the lower class whites as a form of status posturing and are
      really unconcerned about the status of race relations or how the average
      minority is doing. I dont deny there are a lot of structural problems
      in the country but it disgusts me to see someone such as Quentin
      Tarantino make a living from stirring up crap in the media and then says
      the other day that Italians are not really white for government and
      affirmative action purposes.

• Khalisnky

TO THE BERKELEY WHITE STUDENT UNION: If you are going to INSIST on having that page up you had better do a DAMN good job of making sure you moderate it and take out macro-aggressive, overtly racist garbage.

• Epoche

everything is racism though. White Student Union is racist.

• Jimbo

Are your feewings hurt? Oh no!

• Khalisnky

No, not at all! This is going to create VERY interesting dialogue. I’m just saying that it’s the kind of thing bonafide, vitriolic, very real racists could latch onto and totally hijack, invalidating anything they’re trying to do.

• Khalisnky

I’m not an ultra-PC type, though my sentiments do lean liberal, to make things clear.

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! Thanks for clearing everything up!

• blackalaureate

people are idiots. obviously there is a network of trolls who are creating these pages this weekend to get attention. these are not real organizations.

• Khalisnky

I’m hearing actual UC Berkeley students have been in communication with other black student groups with real UCB emails, so I’m thinking not trolls actually

• blackalaureate

the “white” student unions that are popping up on FB are trolls. they don’t exist in real life.

• Khalisnky

No, I’m talking about those. There are several REAL black organizations on FaceBook saying they have actually been contacted by students who affiliate with said white student union WITH berkeley.edu emails. Just saying

• blackalaureate

there is no reason for white student union members to contact black students. think about it. it’s just trolling.

• Khalisnky

Other than friendly interaction and dialogue, but maybe that can’t take place between black and white student unions?

• blackalaureate

apparently, no.

• blackalaureate

and emailing people is no proof of actual flesh and blood existence on campus. it’s trolling, and effective trolling at that.

• jartaylor

To say only whites may not have a group is to say that whites are uniquely evil. Sounds like racism to me.

• josh

wow, is this the real Jared “Huwhyte” Taylor? It’s an honour, sir.

• Epleguy

Our huWhite savior!

• Homer Chimpson

And of course the left has a problem with this.

The left has a problem with white people doing pretty much anything but lying down and dying.

• 1776

I see Ben Garrison is posting on the Daily Cal now, did this page make it too 4chan?

• https://plus.google.com/u/0/110297224959855395697 Brad B

Right wing and left wing are all part of the same bird.

• Khalisnky

Beautifully said.

• Ian S.D.

Roundeye very bad. Current Year. Reasons.

• Alex Andrés

good to see you goys came by to say hello.

• https://twitter.com/raidh0 ᚱᚪᛁᚧᚩ

It looks like the flame of free speech may yet burn within the halls of Cal Berkeley ­— let it rise!

Let it rise and consume the censorious (((Cultural Marxism))) that paralyzes our universities.
    Let it rise and consume every (((safe space))) that stifles the education and expression of Whites.
    Let it rise and burn over the (((anti-White))) faculty who seek to destroy our schools and the future of Whites.

Long may they live, this glorious vanguard of Golden Berserkers, who rise to reconquer what Whites built — the great capital of the University of California! Hail to my brothers and sisters in the great state of California! Hail!

• Identitarian_Ethic

White students need to organize not just because all the other ethnic groups do it, but because whites need to reclaim an understanding of themselves as a people and their place in the world. Whites need to understand their duty as heirs to European civilization. Unless people of European descent secure societies for themselves and their posterity, everything we love, everything we know as precious or beautiful, everything that really matters will be lost. It’s not just about saving ourselves; it’s about saving the future.

• http://www.radixjournal.com/ Frosty_The_White_Man

I’m a student on campus (((sociology major))) and a klansman tried to recruit me outside the student union. His name was Ben and he told me his friends from Montana would be coming down to liberate white students like me. If you see him, please notify the police.

• THE CURRENT YEAR

IT’S 2015 PEOPLE, COME ON!

• Lance MacThrust

Thank you for keeping our European – American bothers and sisters safe!

• Polisalwaysright

The goyim know, shut it down!

• Saint Bibiana

I recommend those in this comment section go and have a gander at the blatant and naked racism directed towards white people on that page.

Beyond the overt anti-caucasoid slurs are dozens of posts decrying the page as being white supremacist despite the pages explicit message of being inclusive to all white and white allies.

Meanwhile, Black Lives Matter protesters are openly advocating for black only spaces in at least two colleges. They are openly advocating for segregation. So who exactly is being supremacist here?

• Feet2Fire

“Turn around time.”

• http://Batmannananana.com/ Caesar Merlin

I think the black student union is a farce as much as the next as the next fellow. we do seem to have a lot of new faces in the comments section…..

• http://paultown.com/ Paul Town

Oy vey, as a Jewish-American Black man, I find this vaguely reminiscent of both Slavery and the Holocaust. Never forget.

Shame, White man. It’s 2015, Whites should not be allowed to have an identity.

• http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lscn8zKCkR1qj99ylo1_1280.jpg America is Kiked

It’s almost DECEMBER 2015!

• Nicholas I

You should be president

• moremane

As a disabled, gay, trans, Black, Jewish refugee from conflict South Africa with multiple triggers, I find my current state in life vaguely reminiscent of my last bowel movement.

• Mike549

You people wouldn’t last one day in the shoes of an Otherkin. Check your privilege.

• Festung_Europa

Hey if there’s a student union for Jews, the most disproportionately represented and priveledged ethnic group on campus, why not let white males organise – for the high scores they get they are the least represented.

• Karime Parodi Ambel

who said “male” only?

Wow. Like…wow!

• Ryan McMahon

If we allow a WSU then we will get another Hitler! Don’t you guys remember Hitler? He was evil!

• Ordo_Hereticus

Indeed I remember Mr. Hitler, I miss him.

• JohnFHudson

You have no choice but to allow a white student union. The right to form one is protected by the First Amendment.

• Ordo_Hereticus

For once I’m proud of you California, this is the last place I expected this to come out of.
    It’s high time those of European stock realize they have to look after themselves and should allowed to do so.

• Laguna Beach Fogey

California is usually ahead of the curve.

• ThomasER916

When the curve is the downward slope of ethno-masochism.

• Jerry S

Whites are the minority in Kalifornia, y’know.

• JohnFHudson

Actually, this is the first place you should have expected this because it is the most oppressive here.

• Ordo_Hereticus

Now that I think about it, that’s a good point.

The fire rises.

• Satori

Why shouldn’t white students be able to have a student union? Asians students do. Hispanic students do. Only whites are expected to be “post ethnic cosmopolitans” and that is bull crap.

Because (((((((BECAUSE)))))))

FLAGGED!

• Tim L

When in us history did Asian or Latino Americans systematically oppress white for 4 centuries? There’s your answer

• LutherHeggs00

So it’s “justified revenge”? Good to know. How long will it last?

• Tim L

The revenge is in your head

• Tim L

Tell me of the white diaspora and it’s horrible trials and tribulations

• Mike Bradford

You write like slavery was a bad thing. Well, it was but apparently for white people.

• JohnFHudson

During slavery white working people had to compete with slave labor.

• Mike Bradford

I thought they just did the jobs that white people didn’t want to do anyway. Like Mexicans.

• JohnFHudson

A lot of white people would take any job today or then. You see them with signs at the driveways of shopping centers.

• Mike Bradford

Yeah, have you ever tried to give one of them a job? Ha. Not likely, the pay at the car window is too good.

• Jade Theriault

Slaves. Who were tortured, raped, and brutalized by the white elite. Who were brought over on a boat by the white elite who colonized native american land. Can’t you just admit you’re a racist white supremacist? You’re implying that white people’s suffering was comparable to black slave’s suffering. Who’s families were torn apart and lynched. The things you are saying on this thread are delusional. The people you are trying to convince are reading your words and only seeing hatred. It hurts my heart to see that people still think this way after so many years. I hope one day you’ll understand.

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! It’s the White elite!

You goy must think of the black slave’s suffering!

Watch my movie for $10 and remember the 6 million views!

• Max Blancke

How about generations of European children working themselves to death in the mills and mines of the newly industrialized US?

• Jade Theriault

….who were employed by Europeans

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! The world is our group!

• JohnFHudson

Life is an individual sport, not a team sport. Even if there were some white people who got rich by “exploiting” child labor it obviously did not benefit the exploited children just because they were white too. That is what is so unjust about “affirmative” action.

• Epoche

Having to deal with incompetent co-workers and customers under threats of racism.

• Epoche

Until whites are willing to physically defend their interests otherwise we hve no future.

• JohnFHudson

The reason white people face reverse discrimination is that the elite decided in the late 60’s that the easiest way to stop ghetto riots was to sacrifice white working class people. No Kennedy is going to be kept out of Harvard by “affirmative” action. No Bush is going to be kept out of Yale by “affirmative” action. No Clinton is going to be kept out of Stanford by “affirmative” action. No Hearst is going to be kept out of Cal by “affirmative” action. This is an issue for middle and working class white people.

• Epoche

Well the problem with that line of reasoning is that the rioting continues and the white upper class dont reproduce at replacement level so it will be interesting to see how this plays out but not in a good way. I would imagine that many of the institutions who cater to this way of thinking would lose prestige and universities themselves would be unsafe to attend.

• JohnFHudson

The rioting today is nothing compared to what it was during the 60’s. I am a retired Old Blue who lived through those times as a student at Berkeley High School.

• Epoche

So what do you think that whites should do? If people feel as though existing social arrangements are not meeting their needs then what should they do?

• JohnFHudson

As I said earlier, the reason we find ourselves in the position of the most disfavored race is taking away our right to colorblind treatment was the path of least resistance for the ruling class. We have to alter the path of least resistance so that it runs elsewhere. That means that we have to disrupt this society to such a degree that the ruling class finds it easiest to restore our rights. First we have to organize and commit ourselves to the cause. As you can see from the reaction to the Facebook page, the mere act of organizing ourselves causes a perfectly legal disruption. The fact that Dirks violated the civil rights of those behind the Facebook page not only increases the disruption, but, with a little luck, will result in a financial gain from a lawsuit against him and the university. The fact that the Facebook page is back up indicates that Dirks and Zuckerberg have had second thoughts about the wisdom of trying to bludgeon the WSU out of existence. Zuckergberg may have violated the California Constitutional right to free speech which applies to private persons conducting a public forum. (See Pruneyard Shopping Center v Robins (1980) 447 U. S. 74 where the U. S. Supreme Court upheld a decision by the California Supreme Court holding that the right to free speech in our state constitution applies to private parties. In Pruneyard the California Supreme Court ruled that a privately owned shopping center was a traditional public forum and that the owner of the shopping center had no right to prevent First Amendment activity as protected by the California Constitution. This holding should be applicable to Zuckerberg’s Facebook public forum.)

• Epoche

The act of merely organizing at this point is likely to result in threats, intimidation and violence. Instead of a white student union, how about a page that says color blind not diverse. I agree with you that the goal is not to engage blm in a street fight but to make the elite know there are consequences for such betrayal. How do we do that without engaging in violence?

• JohnFHudson

There are all kinds of thing that can be done. One is to form a white student union. The formation of a white student union has already resulted in a well deserved and humiliating defeat for Dirks: THE FACEBOOK PAGE IS BACK UP! Certainly Zuckerberg did not want this Facebook page to exist. Dirks violated the Constitution to get it taken down. The only plausible explanation is that Dirks went eyeball to eyeball with the attorney for the people behind the Facebook page and blinked.

The white student union is working. Keep running the same play until they stop it.

• Epoche

As far as I know they are just posting things online. How do we take it further?

• JohnFHudson

We need a couple of students with the courage to stick their necks out in the face of the perhaps violent response that we can both foresee. Dirks would undoubtedly try to sabotage the effort any way he can. It requires a lawyer to enforce our Constitutional rights in the face of a repressive bully like Dirks. I can be that lawyer. In fact, I would love to be that lawyer. However, my student days are in the distant past.

• So Kali

They should leave and create their own nation on a southwestern pacific island where they can exclude all non-whites and learn to breathe water (because Global Climate Change is a Hoax).

• Epoche

Whites created the nation. Other groups should leave.

• JohnFHudson

Of course the rioting continues! It worked. The rioters were rewarded with “affirmative” action.

• Epoche

Eventually I could see a black lives matter activist jumping into stage at an event and attacking a white liberal such as clinton.

• Basement Lifter

Blacks are communist by nature, they do not own much of anything, they do not produce much of anything and their low IQs and metal spatial ability compounded by they illegitimacy and crime rates prevent them from advancing in a civilized society. They want what whitey has.

• Epoche

What do you think we should do about it?

• Dintdo Nuffin

Your absolutely right Basement Lifter, Martin Luther King had ties to the Communist Party. Nelson Mandella was a member of the South African Communist Party.

On the bottom of the posters that Black Lives Matter idiots carry Is stamped with REVCOM.US

• Basement Lifter

MLK was also a plagiarist and a womanizing philanderer. In 2007 South Africa became an importer of food for the first time in the countries history. Once the new government allowed blacks to take land from white farmers, the land became idle. Blacks destroy everything they touch.

• Max Blancke

I recently read an article where it was claimed that actual memories can be passed through DNA. Specifically, it was claimed that memories of the experience of slavery are carried in the DNA of modern African Americans. Of course, there is no evidence of this. And even so, it would not have anything to do with any of the Black or White students who are descended from the large percentage of immigrants that arrived after the Civil War. The idea of blaming some 18 year old white kid (whose ancestors came penniless to the US in the 1920s, after toiling as peasants in eastern Europe for the last 1000 years) for 400 years of slavery is insane.

• Tim L

Your reply is a big straw man argument. Acknowledging white supremacy in US history is hardly blaming 18 year old white kids for everything.

• SWohio

That must be why the student thugs are screaming obscenities at white students.

• lspanker

Specifically, it was claimed that memories of the experience of slavery are carried in the DNA of modern African Americans. Of course, there is no evidence of this.

Of course there isn’t any evidence, and if a white person claimed to have “memories” of fighting the Napoleonic Wars, being a Knight of King Arthur’s Round Table, or walking the streets of Nazareth with Jesus, he would be branded a kook. One has to wonder how much of the paranoia and hysteria generated by the BLM types is due to genuine oppression, and how much is just plain mental illness…

• Jerry S

Obviously, there couldn’t possibly be a clearer way to show the hypocrisy and double-standards of Leftists, academics and the media. We’ll soon witness the university administrators twisting themselves into pretzels, trying to find a way to condemn and ultimately ban these groups.

• Jade Theriault

Because whites don’t need a group. The world is our group…

• NotYouNotSure

Whites are less than 10% of the worlds population, that makes them a minority and certainly not the world as their group.

• JohnFHudson

It is not our group when it is legal to discriminate against us. It is not our group when we have a chancellor who thinks it is good social policy to deny admission to white applicants. White students desperately need a white student union to combat the overt anti-caucasian racism that is so prevalent in the bay area and on this campus.

• Jade Theriault

Since when is it “legal” to discriminate against anyone? Affirmative action was put in place so that all the other ethnic groups that white people have oppressed over the years could have the opportunity to climb out of the rut we put them in. To me, affirmative action translates to allowing admission to a proportion of each ethnic group, so that there is diversity. I see plenty of white students on campus all the time, no more or less then I see any other group. And I think it’s kind of funny (and telling) that the Greeks are predominantly white. Makes sense, that’s where the money is.

Now, based on your comment history, I can see that you’re an angry conservative who likes to spew your ideals all over the internet in the hopes that maybe you’ll enlighten someone. I also know that somebody has probably told you this affirmative action stuff before. So I’ll say this. Ethnic union groups were created in America only because of white oppression. Ask a random white person if they’ve ever felt discriminated against, in a grocery store, in school, at a movie theater, by a cop… They’ll probably say no. Whereas, almost every (EVERY) non-white person would say yes.

I haven’t met a single white person who thought this group was good (or even necessary). How can you have a “union” when none of us white people even agree? We live in the Bay Area and we’re perfectly happy with our privilege . Maybe you’d be happier in Texas. I hear they’re talking about registering Muslims now so maybe you’ll feel safer…Go away.

• JohnFHudson

I was born and raised in Berkeley. I am a member of the Berkeley High School class of 1968 and the Cal class of 1972. YOU should go somewhere else.

• Jade Theriault

HAHAHA. You’re hilarious. Here I am trying to figure out if that is worth responding to….
            Nah. Like I’m not sure if that comment even had a point to it.

• ThomasER916

HAHAHA. You have a bleeding rectal prolapse of tolerance.

• Jade Theriault

LOL. That’d be a great band name . Bleeding Rectal Prolapse of Tolerance

• ThomasER916

Their first album is “Equal Marriage.”

• https://politicallogical.wordpress.com/ WideBridge

Hmmm. JohnFHudson’s comment has six up-votes, yours zero.
            Go Berkeley!

• boscoblitz

He is so right and you unfortunately are so wrong

• Basement Lifter

Got idiot?

• JohnFHudson

Yep. He does. If he’s white he’s a self-hating and self-destructive idiot.

• lspanker

Now, based on your comment history, I can see that you’re an angry conservative

Oh, but YOU’re not angry, ARE you?

So I’ll say this. Ethnic union groups were created in America only because of white oppression.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle, black. But then again, you gotta have someone to blame for your own personal failures, right?

• Jade Theriault

Keep on replying to every single comment with leading questions and logical fallacies that don’t address any of the arguments anybody here has made (What pot? What kettle? Don’t you know what a student union even is?). I’m sure you’ll change the world eventually! In the meantime, I’m enjoying the free entertainment here. Stupid never gets old. Happy Thanksgiving/white colonization/Native American genocide day!

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! White colonization and “genocide”! It’s like anudda shoah!

Remember the 6 million turkeys!

• boscoblitz

perhaps you should go to your “safe space” . Hopefully in some foreign land

• Micah 李 文 Jung

what about now?

• ThomasER916

“The world is our group…”

Asia for the Asians!
        Africa for the Africans!
        White countries for everyone?

• So Kali

Sarcasm. Learn it!

• ThomasER916

It’s not sarcasm. You just can’t recognize the Cult of Magical Humanity.

“Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed – nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity – too bad for you.”
            – Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

• Micah 李 文 Jung

Not isnt

• The Puppetmaster

I’m not seeing any connection between this white advocacy group and anything claiming “supremacy”. It seems to be a mirror image of the other campus ethnic or cultural groups.

• Epoche

Thats what they hate. Where did this idea of supremacy come from anyways? If private people form an organization to advance their own interests – well then wouldnt they be privileged in those organizations? Lets try this logic elsewhere: Tech Founder Privilege, Student Activist Privilege, lobbying the government for benefits for your own group at the expense of other groups privilege, QE stimulus privilege, etc etc.

• ThomasER916

It’s magical supremacy. They hate magical supremacy, which is why they form explicit non-White supremacist groups.

Oy vey! It’s logic!

• Sheik Yerbouti

Supremacy is the dog whistle they always trot out. It’s a bigoted assumption that any time white people attempt to congregate, they MUST be trying to start a KKK chapter. Anyone who knows anything about the KKK can see just how purely foolish it is for anyone to evoke the klan these days.

There is no more “The KKK” to speak of. Just small groups of disconnected, costumed kooks that the “original” KKK would likely have rejected utterly. So when I see BLM fools daily invoking the KKK, it’s clear they are reaching for straws, ANYTHING to make white people “look bad”. Even if it’s a blatant, childish lie.

Unfortunately the hatred of white people in the US is very strong and if any of these groups actually start having meetings, I predict non-whites will react swiftly and with substantial intimidation and violence. They seem to be the only tools for discussion they have these days.

• Feet2Fire

There are some in this thread who are ridiculing this effort by white students and expressing incredulity that white students would ever feel “repressed.” Whether they are repressed or not (and that is entirely subjective), white people have the right to associate and express themselves, just like any other ethnic/racial group. For any school authorities or Facebook to try to squelch such efforts is what is deplorable and should be resisted. This is still AMERICA. Am encouraged to see that, for the most part, this thread has thoughtful, restrained comments, with only occasional name-calling and nastiness. :)

• Tim L

Except that minor fact that we live in a country where whites enslaved and systematically oppressed minorities for 400 years

• Patriot077

It lasted in America for less than 400 years and was brought here by the British. We Americans fought a war to end it, though slavery and oppression is alive and well in other parts of the world to this day. You are no doubt aware that whites were often virtually enslaved through indentured servitude as well. And Irish immigrants were treated badly as were the Chinese. Our success is rooted in moving beyond rather than picking at the scabs that keep the wounds bleeding. The people who suffered under these “original sins” surely moved beyond, why do their ancestors feel the need to keep the pain alive?

• Tim L

Your comparison of indentured servitude to slavery just shows how ignorant you are

• SWohio

African tribesmen selling each other into slavery. Arabs selling African tribesmen into skavery.

You need to check your micro aggression. Oh, and do a little research. Maybe then you could make intelligent comments.

• SWohio

Apparently the history of African tribes selling conquered tribesmen to Arabs in North Africa, who then sold them to European slavers, doesn’t fit your worldview.

• Jerry S

Whites are the minority in Kalifornia, y’know. It’s about time they look out for each other.

• So Kali

Not “The” minority, “A” minority in California

.
        I understand that it hurts you to think, JS, but it gets easier if you just try.

• http://atlanticcenturion.wordpress.com Lawrence Murray

This is very problematic because reasons and ((((social science)))).

• Khalisnky

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Negus Wong

On the contrary, I think providing a safe space for White-identified students is a great step forward in understanding.

Non-White persons of color often recommend that Whites educate other Whites rather than depending on persons of color for insight about race and ethnicity. Often White-identified persons hear “it is not my job to educate you” when exploring questions of ethnicity and ethnic identity. This group creates a needed learning space and a safe space for exploration and deconstruction of Whiteness by White-identified persons. It empowers White students to teach other White students about their Whiteness and White identity.

ni gan shuo shenme? chi da-bian, benzi!

• Mike549

If whiteness is to be rightly deconstructed, then perhaps blackness should as well. Clearly, the goal for all of mankind is a planet of raceless, faceless automatons that identify primarily as consumers. Perhaps the ideal appearance is a “neutral” or light brown skin tone (but not too light), so as to create a kind of center for all extremes to gravitate towards. We should start by metaphorically eliminating the extremes of “black” and “white”; only later should we consider actually eliminating them by miscegenation (or other means). These safe spaces you’re advocating might be the first step on the road to enlightenment.

• Kvasir

Eliminating race by miscegenation is an act against what took nature thousands and thousands of years of evolution. Cultural Marxism tends to disregard nature and turn everything natural and truthful upside down. Apparently you approve of eugenics as a viable means of genocide for the White race.

• Tim L

Where in America is it not safe to be white?

• Dintdo Nuffin

White people don’t need to understand their whiteness and white identity. Even in cities that are above 75% black. Such as Jackson Ms. Which is 87% black. The city and Federal government spend millions to promote people of color identity. Jackson crime is through the roof and most whites know to stay away from there. In white areas there are no marches against crime. No night out against crime. Even in 99.5% Jackson schools, no white person would ever go there but yet the district still tries to promote racial identity. White schools use that time promoting math and science. Remember diversity is for white majority institutions. No one ever demands diversity for majority black institutions.

• Micah 李 文 Jung

How do we change that? Since I would love that! black unversities dont have that. Even though there are majority of black students in some schools and the white minority is there

• Micah 李 文 Jung

I agree with the first statement not so much whites should only educate whites. I would love to have other teachers teach me. I do agree whites do need more white identity and blacks need black identity and mixed raced students mixed raced identity

muvvfuggah yu bz denigratin tradishnally marjnilized groopznshit

• Cultured Thug 2

I really feel triggered by your suggestion that we can’t create our own safe space. Aren’t you leftists always saying that White people need to talk among themselves about race and not depend on PoC to educate us? Now we’re only doing just what you asked, and you’re getting upset!

• John J.

Whites have unique group interests which are perfectly legitimate, just like every other racial group. When other groups organize themselves along racial lines, nobody bats an eye. There are Black Student Unions and Caucuses, Hispanic Student Unions and Caucuses, and even Asian Student Unions and Caucuses. Its about time that White people started defending their interests, because if they don’t… our people will undoubtedly lose out to other groups with sharper elbows.

• Real American

What’s wrong with this? Do Whites not have the right to form a union to voice their concerns?

• Anomalous

First a white student union, next a “final solution” to all the students of color on campus. White unity is code for white supremacy. My grandmother was gassed when she was just six years old because of dishonest rhetoric like this. Oy vey, it’s like another shoah out there! Remember the 6 million!

• Khalisnky

Ummm… Jewish, here. Remember the BSU’s invitation to have Farrakhan speak on campus? Know what he says about Jews? Okay, now that you’re up to speed on that, will you apply the same standard to the BSU as you would this group and care to talk some more about Jews and final solutions?

I thought not. Think. Critically. Here. And have all your facts before you cry “racist”.

Why would you start your comment by announcing that you’re a liar?

• Jimmy

Your grandmother died when she was six? Then how did she give birth to your mother/father? Something doesn’t add up…

• Feet2Fire

Good point, excellent observation.

• http://garrisongraphics.blogspot.ca/ Ben Garrison

And how did those gas chambers work when they had wooden doors? Something isn’t adding up here…

• Feet2Fire

IDK, but the formation of White Student Unions at several campuses in recent days is a very good development; hope everyone will assist this effort and make it a success. It’s time for things to “turn around.” :)

• Negus Wong

Are you denying the Holocaust?!

Are you denying Holocaust Deniers?

• ThomasER916

Oy vey! It’s like anudda Shoah!

Kaballah nshi

• hatecrackers

His grandmother got gassed not killed

• Feet2Fire

Get serious. Your hyperbole is misguided at best, and dishonest at worst. White people have rights too, including freedom of speech. They have the right to form a “union” if they wish, just as all other ethnic groups have the same right.

• Ragnar

Actually white people shouldn’t have rights because of all the bad things other whites did a long time ago, somewhere, or something.

• Feet2Fire

This introduction is an excellent beginning, and we wish them a lot of luck and good will, instead of kneejerk fear, hatred and other disruptive reactions:

From their facebook page:

We welcome students of European descent (and allies) to follow and
          contribute to the UC Berkeley White Student Union. We were inspired by
          the new White Student Union at UCLA and hope that our initiative will
          move our brothers and sisters across the country to do the same.

European-American students on college campuses face unique and immediate challenges that are ignored or even actively denied in today’s cultural climate.

We unapologetically provide a safe space for white students to air their true feelings about the future of our nation, discuss and reflect on the lessons laid down for us by our great European writers, philosophers, and artists, and develop a positive program to restore the pioneering will and greatness of our unique and virtuous people.

We affirm the dignity and ancestry of our proud people who have gifted
          the world with countless works of beauty, science, and wisdom, and are
          committed to promoting a dialogue and political resistance that will
          secure a future for our posterity and spirit.

At the same time, we do not wish to denigrate or harm any other group or ethnicity.

We condemn the cowardly campaigns of moral subjugation and propaganda
          that seek to instill self-hatred and surrender within European-American
          youth and justify the continued invasion and degradation of the lands,
          institutions, and cultural heritage that are rightly ours.

We seek to honor our past while promoting a positive, peaceful vision of
          the future; one in which every ethnic group has the right to organize
          and represent themselves and their interests.

Yea they lampshaded 60 trillion Jews or something. I learned this because the trustworthy Jew Steven Spielberg told me in his highly believable film Swinder’s List or whatever.

• M2000

I find it strange you’re not outraged that the local Black Student Union is allied with Palestinian groups that deny the holocaust. But you’re more upset over a white student union.

What holocaust? Palestinians don’t deny the Nakhba.

• Mina17

A lot of thoughts ran through my head upon reading that. Most of them potentially a bit too harsh to use and maintain any semblance of gentility.
          But no, I believe Palestinians lean more towards the celebratory side when remembering the holocaust.

• Epoche

If you dont believe we have as many rights to promote our interests as any other group then we should physically separate. In fact many white people would gladly suffer a drop in income and socioeconomic status to get away from all this diversity. That would be our final solution. Look up Orania in South Africa. Thats what we want.

• ForeignSpectator

Final solution? Wow, that’s the most blatant slippery slope I’ve ever seen. Go spend 5 minutes reading about logical fallacies before attempting to argue.

FINAL SOLUTION TRUMP 2016 BANZAI

• http://therightstuff.biz/ Meow Blitz

My grandfather, Marty Katzberg, told me that when he was living in ancient Rome the younglings organized themselves into a Roman Student Union. Days later Titus destroyed the temple and massacred 6 trillion of our family members. This student union stuff is rooted in ancient hatreds and I for one am disgusted.

I knew your grandfather. I kept shoving him into the oven, but he escaped every time.

• Mark Talmont

And your liberal demigod Roosevelt would not lift a finger to intervene.

http://www.aish.com/ho/i/Why-Didnt-the-Allies-Bomb-Auschwitz.html

http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/40186/

And how do you feel about an Obama administration bristling with radical Islamic sympathizers like his svengali Valerie Jarrett? Are you OK with the “divest Israel” campaign?

I absolutely agree with you. Today a Facebook page, tomorrow 6,000,000 dead jews.

• Purus Sanguis

Typical hateful leftist anti-white racism. White students should be allowed to have a safe place on campus to express themselves freely.

• Cultured Thug 2

White people think they can be proud of who they are? Wow, just wow. It’s 2015.

• Laguna Beach Fogey

The current year, in fact.

• Feet2Fire

What does “PRIDE” have to do with one’s color and which genes one inherited? It was just a roll of the dice that created each of us. What we should take pride in is how well we develop ourselves, using what we’ve been given/inherited. Too bad the concept of “PRIDE” ever got mixed up in it.

Good luck to all the various student unions, regardless of color/heritage.

• Ian S.D.
      • Epleguy

Roll of a dice? wtf. Our parents created us. You are a product of your forefathers.

• Feet2Fire

Sure (and foremothers!), but DNA expression is an IFFY “roll of the dice.” You and your siblings could have different or varying genetic expressions; one sib might have brown hair, the other red. It’s DNA happenstance. It would be crazy to be PROUD of your red hair!, as if “YOU” had anything to do with it coming into being. The same is true for one’s skin coloring. Why should somebody be “PROUD” to be black or white? Instead of “pride,” maybe we should express a sense of appreciation for our heritage. Might engender less confusion and animosity in others. :-)

• UncleSham

Whites shouldn’t be allowed to organize. America is a country for Blacks and Hispanics. And Asians maybe.

• Cultured Thug 2

Agreed. It is 2015, white people are illegal, aren’t they?

• Real American

The Founding Fathers were homosexual negroes and hispanics you see.

• moremane

Just Mexicans, it seems. America being “more diverse” through immigration, mostly just means more being Mexican. 1/4th of Mexico’s population is in the United States. Mexican gangs also target Blacks specifically.

• http://spawktalk.blogspot.com/ Sean Last

It’s good to see white people looking out for their own interests for a change.

U have a hid as your icon

• Tim L

Where have you been for the past 400-500 years?

• Epoche

Watching black on white crime and black cities being ran into the ground

• Jerry S

Finally, an organization that doesn’t discriminate against white people! Bravo!

• So Kali

idiot

• Jerry S

They better. Whites are now in the minority in Kalifornia.

• Khalisnky

Well this is an interesting twist, lol! The plot thickens!!!