Spring semester reminders

BerkeleyPrices_WinkyWong
Winky Wong/Staff

Now that we’ve returned to Berkeley, we’re beginning to realize that we’ve come back likely having gained weight, not as well-rested as we thought we would be and dreading the impending schoolwork. Since syllabus week will be filled with many frazzled activities, it’ll be easy to forget what needs to get done. We at the Clog have created a list of second-semester reminders so everyone’s life can be a little less hectic during the upcoming days.

Renew your bus pass

Kelsi Krandel/Staff

Kelsi Krandel/Staff

Unless you want to be kicked off the bus for not having a bus pass four minutes before your class starts, you should probably renew your Class Pass as soon as possible. Unfortunately, first semester’s bus pass is only valid until Jan. 26, one week after the start of instruction for the spring semester. But have no fear, the pass can be easily renewed at the Cal 1 Card office located in Lower Sproul Plaza. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., so be sure to stop by between classes this week.

Drop deadlines

TeleBEARS

The deadline for undergraduates to drop classes without a fee is Jan. 29. It’s also the last day to drop early drop deadline classes, which are classes that are typically in high demand, without the dean’s approval. If you’re unsure whether or not one of your classes is an EDD class, you can check out the list here. Then, Feb. 5 is the deadline for all students to add classes without any fee and is also the deadline for graduate students to drop classes without a fee. Students are charged with a late registration fee if they’re not registered for classes by Feb. 5. Since this fee could easily be avoided, we suggest that you decide which classes to get rid of fast. We could all do without a higher CARS bill.

Get a new RSF membership

RSF-Berkeley

Any UC Berkeley gym is free as long as you activate your membership online and are a student. Paid memberships are also available for alumni and staff members and can be activated online or in person. Let’s keep to those New Year’s resolutions, shall we?

Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program application deadline

lab

If you’re interested in doing undergraduate research with URAP, keep in mind that the spring application is currently open. The deadline to apply is Jan. 26 at 8 a.m. A full list of spring projects can be found on the URAP website. In addition, keep an eye out for application deadlines for other activities you’re interested in joining. Most organizations open their applications in the beginning of the semester, so write those deadlines out on the notes app on your phone or in your planner.

Contact Emilia Malachowski at [email protected].