Usher lyrics for this week

sather.gate1

Everyone knows that the best sort of music to play at parties is the classics. We’re talking about songs such as “Ignition” and “Gold Digger.” So this week, as you’re procrastinating by listening to songs such as these and wondering how you could avoid responsibilities in the most effective manner, you might begin interpreting the lyrics. You’ll soon realize that many of the lyrics match your life here in Berkeley. In particular, Usher lyrics spoke to us at the Clog as the most relatable.

“Walking with my head down, counting every step, hoping that the next one, brings me closer to the man I was”

This lyric from Usher’s song “Looking 4 Myself” applies to every student who has ever misguidedly wandered down Sproul at noon. At desperate times such as these, you must keep your head down and hope that you were as strong as you were the day before when you accepted no fliers. As the persistent flyers jump in front of you, you just need to remember Usher’s lyrics and keep walking toward that green gate of freedom.

When you’re on the phone, hang up and you call right back, u got, u got it bad”

This lyric from “U Got It Bad” is applicable to those late night calls to West Coast Pizza. Even though you may want to hang up, you stay on the phone or just keep redialing because the thought of those delicious cheesy sticks has landed West Coast Pizza a spot on your speed dial.

“Thank God the week is done, I feel like a zombie goin’ back to life (back to life), hands up, and suddenly we all got our hands up”

This is the lyric that can relate to 99 percent of this student body, because we all know the feeling of class finally ending on a Friday (or Thursday for some incredibly lucky souls) and feeling life seep back into our bodies. Of course, during dead week, it’s a never-ending cycle of feeling like death itself has grasped you.

“There’s always that one person, that will always have your heart, you never see it coming, ’cause you’re blinded from the start”

In this case, this lyric from Usher’s song “My Boo” relates to the 32nd governor of California — Edmund Gerald “Pat” Brown. Without this politician and lawyer, who knows what California politics would be today? But more importantly, who knows if there still would be Pat Brown’s Cafe on campus? Thanks for bringing us good meal point food, Edmund Gerald Brown.

Contact Emilia Malachowski at [email protected].