Places to visit in the Bay Area over the long weekend

baybridge.DANCE
Nikki Dance/File

After weeks of waiting and crossing the days off our calendars, it’s finally time for the much-anticipated long weekend. Whether you’re planning on taking your loved one out of the city for Valentine’s Day this Sunday or if you just want to chill with a group of friends, we at the Clog sat down and thought of some fun places to visit in the Bay Area.

Alamo Square

In honor of “Fuller House” airing later this month, give your childhood a tribute trip and head down to Alamo Square. Only about a BART trip and short bus ride away, this is the place where the famous “Full House” opening theme song was shot. Plan a picnic and maybe even dance to the beat of “Wherever You Go.” If you want to feel an even greater sense of nostalgia, walk an extra mile to 1709 Broderick St. and take pictures with the infamous house where the show was actually shot.

Samantha Cristol/File

Samantha Cristol/File

49-Mile Scenic Drive

If you can rent a Zipcar for a few hours and split the fare with your squad, make sure to drive along the 49-Mile Scenic Drive. The route traverses along various landmarks in the city, including Union Square, Nob Hill, North Beach and Fisherman’s Wharf. You don’t even need to think twice about hitting this road trip — just think of all the good memories you’ll make while you’re blasting loud music, sharing deep talks and stopping along the way to take pictures.

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Coit Tower

Located on Telegraph Hill Boulevard in San Francisco, the Coit Tower is a 210-foot tower that boasts a fantastic view of the city from on top of the world. If you’re blessed with a clear day, you might even be lucky enough to see our Campanile from the other side of the city.

Courtesy

Courtesy

Presidio

Presidio is a 1,491-acre destination found in the northwest corner of San Francisco that contains everything you ever wanted all in one spot. From museums to art installations to restaurants, Presidio is a must-see. If you are someone who wants to hike in the middle of nature, you will absolutely appreciate the set of trails they have, including their famous tranquil wood line and Lover’s Lane.

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Cable car ride

In case you haven’t had the pleasure of being a basic, typical tourist yet, remember that you always have time to be one. There are three lines you can hop on to tour around the city. Our personal favorite is the Powell-Hyde line, which runs over Nob Hill and Russian Hill and ends a few minutes away from Ghirardelli Square. And since you’ll already be at Ghiradelli Square, get yourself a scrumptious chocolate sundae.

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Contact Sowgandhi Rayapudi at [email protected].