Police arrest suspect in connection with shooting at San Pablo Avenue and Delaware Street

Berkeley Police Department arrested a suspect in connection with a shooting that occurred at the intersection of San Pablo Avenue and Delaware Street in West Berkeley around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to a BPD crime alert.

The suspect surrendered to BPD at its police station without incident, according to the alert. BPD is withholding the suspect’s name at this time pending ongoing investigative efforts.

After receiving a call at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, BPD found a 28-year-old male victim who had been shot. The victim was then taken to Highland Hospital in Oakland, where he remains in critical condition, according to BPD Officer Byron White.

At around 8:05 p.m., police activity around Tenth and Delaware streets began “pairing down,” with officers lifting the “shelter in place,” according to a second crime alert Tuesday evening.

Tuesday afternoon officers are searching the area bordered by Tenth Street, Delaware Street, Ninth Street and Hearst Avenue for a possible suspect, according to White.

Those with more information are requested to call BPD at (510) 981-5911.

Check back here for updates.

Adrienne Shih is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @adrienneshih.