Ten-minute avocado toast recipe

Taylor Follett/Staff
Taylor Follett/Staff
Taylor Follett/Staff

We get it. Between school, friends, work, plans and whatever else you’re doing with your life, you probably don’t always have time to eat three square meals a day. Maybe you only skip breakfast occasionally, maybe you scarf down a bowl of sugary cereal or an apple or maybe you just feel guilty every time you lie to your mom and tell her you’re eating a healthy breakfast every day. It’s hard to find something that’s delicious, somewhat nutritious and quick to make for breakfast!

Fear not. We at the Clog know how to help you. Avocado toast is one of the most popular brunch foods these days and while there are many variations if you have a little more time, we also have a recipe for a quick, easy and amazing avocado toast that you can make in about 10 minutes.

What you need: Most, if not all, of these ingredients are things you should already have lying around your house, making the recipe even easier to make.

Taylor Follett/Staff

Taylor Follett/Staff

• 1 fresh lemon — while lemon juice would work as well, we think fresh lemon tastes better.
  • Olive oil
  • Red pepper. Regular pepper can also work, depending on taste and what you have in your home.
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 bagel or 2 slices of toast — either works but we prefer as many carbs as we can fit into one meal, so that’s where the bagel comes into play.

What to do:

Taylor Follett/Staff

Taylor Follett/Staff

1. Toast your bread until it is golden brown.
  2. Cut up the avocado into thin slices and put it on the bread. We’ve found that the best ratio is one half of the avocado to one slice of bread (or one half of the bagel).
  3. Use a knife to spread the avocado slices around the bagel so they cover the whole bagel.

Taylor Follett/Staff

Taylor Follett/Staff

4. Lightly drizzle olive oil onto the toast. Be careful — it can become really overpowering really fast, so go easy on it.
  5. Sprinkle the red pepper onto the toast.
  6. Squeeze a quarter of the fresh lemon onto the toast.
  7. Enjoy, as you rush out the door and begin your busy day — don’t forget to grab some napkins, though, because the oil can get everywhere.

Taylor Follett/Staff

Taylor Follett/Staff

“Contact Taylor Follett at [email protected].”