Finals stress is long behind us, but we at the Clog would like to unwind before summer classes and internships make work pick back up again. What better way to cool off than with a mojito that features strawberries, which scream summer, and basil, which is known for its relaxation properties? We promise it’s almost as good as taking a trip to the spa. This recipe makes only one mojito, but feel free to multiply it to share with your inevitably jealous housemates.
What you’ll need:
¾ cup of strawberries
3 basil leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
1 slice of lemon
1 cup club soda
What you’ll do:
- Blend all but one of the strawberries with the sugar in a blender until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the bottom of your cup or mason jar.
- Finely chop the three basil leaves and place the pieces on top of your strawberry puree. Squeeze lemon juice into your cup.
- Add 1 cup of club soda to the mixture.
- Slice your last strawberry and put the slices in your drink for garnish.
Contact Juliet Hemmati at [email protected].