Coming home from a long day working at an internship or taking summer classes, you may just be tempted to order take-out. You’re too tired to cook, right? Well, with a little meal prep you may not have to go there. Make these cheesy, veggie-packed quesadillas and stick them in your freezer. All you have to do when you get home is reheat, and you’ll have a great meal bursting with flavor!
What you’ll need:
8 flour tortillas
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced
2 cups cheese
2 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
What you’ll do:
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn and place into a large bowl.
- Mix in the red onions and bell pepper.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Mix in the taco seasoning and garlic powder.
- Place about one cup of the mixture onto one side of one tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla and cook on a skillet until the bottom of the quesadilla is golden brown. Flip the quesadilla and continue to cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat for other quesadillas.
- Allow your quesadillas to cool to room temperature.
- Place your cooked quesadillas on a baking sheet and freeze for one hour.
- Move your quesadillas into an air-tight plastic bag and place them into a freezer until you’re ready to eat them.
- To reheat you could either fry in a pan or bake until melted and crispy.
Contact Juliet Hemmati at [email protected].