August 2016 horoscopes

Horoscope Readings
Elvert Barnes/Creative Commons
It’s the last month of summer and the beginning of a new school year — the destiny of just about everything in the world seems uncertain. So take a couple minutes out of the chaos of the changing times to catch up on how the stars have aligned for you in these August 2016 horoscopes.
Aries (March 21 to April 20)
You’ve been full of excess nostalgia recently, but don’t think this is anything to worry about. You’re about to go through some very important internal changes along with whatever is changing externally in your life. This will help you grow as a person and you’ll finally be able to let go of some things you actually haven’t needed for a while. Don’t be afraid if you suddenly can’t find your organic chemistry textbook from freshman year in your moving boxes — this is just nature’s way of lightening the load of your past.
Taurus (April 21 to May 21)
Many conflicts will arise throughout the month and, as a sturdy earth sign, this may initially cause you much distress. These conflicts will be from problems you’ve left unaddressed for too long. So take the time to face them and accept them as your responsibilities, and you’ll find that you suddenly feel much more free. You’ve always been able to build a schedule despite the initial conflicts anyway.
Gemini (May 22 to June 21)
There’s little more important to a Gemini than their own freedom. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and weighed down by the problems of a close friend, remember that they’re not trying to restrict your personal freedom and are only looking for support. Try to bear with them for the next month, and they’ll soon reward you as your go-to Taco Bell buddy whenever you’d like to fulfill your fourth dinner cravings with company.
Cancer (June 22 to July 22)
As a Cancer, you’ve always had many friends who you’d do anything to make happy. And this month, you’re really going to go the extra mile. Don’t be surprised if one of these friends begins to suspect that you’re becoming more than friends — this relationship is evolving faster than your Pokemon. If you choose to draw the lines quickly, you’ll be able to retain an amazing friendship, and if you choose to reciprocate when the time is right, you may find a new and strong love.
Leo (July 23 to Aug. 22)
This month you’ll have tons of confidence. This is great, but try not to come off as obnoxious or pretentious, especially since you’ll be meeting a bunch of new people this month and first impressions will matter. Remember that you really are special and unique, but your experience as an intern in Ireland this summer doesn’t mean the person next to you is any less impressive. You’re both in the same classes, and you’ll be grateful you made a good impression when a group project rolls around.
Virgo (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22)
There’s no doubt that you’re a very intelligent and creative person, but don’t let your self-doubts and reflections keep you from achieving what you want this month. It’s your natural tendency to retreat into your mind, but if you’re confident in yourself and take a chance on something that usually makes you uncomfortable, you’ll find that you were capable of much more than you thought. Audition for that acapella group you’ve been watching for years or go interview for the medical school you really want.
Libra (Sept. 23 to Oct. 22)
You have great intuitive sense and instinct, and it’s best to use these to your advantage when making decisions. Lately, you’ve found yourself trying to balance what others think is best and too often find yourself weighed down with trying to appease opposing opinions. You’ve gotten far by trusting your own judgement and people respect your decisions more than you think. So when someone tells you to swipe right and another to swipe left, let your instinct guide you again and you’ll feel liberated.
Scorpio (Oct. 23 to Nov. 21)
Your sense of humor is truly unique, and this month you’ll meet a group of people who will appreciate it more than anyone ever has. This month will be filled with a lot of laughs and giggles, and you’ll find yourself smiling a lot more. Although you’re often independent, don’t worry if you seem to become a little attached to the new people in your life. This loyalty is just the result of a true friendship, and if you all choose the same Pokemon team, there’s little that will get between you.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22 to Dec. 21)
Sometimes the raw truth is refreshing, and this is something you’ve always known. This month, don’t hold back from the truth to keep someone happy. Your friends know that your frank honesty always comes with good intentions and they trust your judgement for it. You really care about the people around you, so don’t be afraid to tell them that taking 25 units is almost impossible or that the top they’re wearing makes them look like a bartender at a Renaissance fair (great, if that’s the look they’re going for).
Capricorn (Dec. 22 to Jan. 20)
As a Capricorn, you have amazing determination and self-regulation. This month you’ll use your drive to plan new travels and adventures, which will be an exciting reward for your hard work. Although your trip may not always go according to plan, remember that you can enjoy and grow from the things you can’t control. Everything will work out, even when you lose your Wi-Fi in a storm and have to submit a discussion post a little late.
Aquarius (Jan. 21 to Feb. 19)
You’ve had a vision for the future that you’ve been waiting to tell the world. Now they’re ready for you and it’s your time to get involved, because people will be more open to your ideas than ever before. There are tons of social movements happening right now that could greatly benefit from having a new direction or vision. You can help justice get more attention on Sproul Plaza and beyond.
Pisces (Feb. 20 to March 20)
A variety of different characteristics will suddenly become attractive to you. You may find yourself wanting to adopt these traits or find a partner with them. Either way, you’ll suddenly seem to be looking for something that you never knew you wanted before. This can be extremely beneficial to your personal growth, but be careful that you aren’t looking to fix a personality “flaw” so you can pass Computer Science 61B — you can do that just as you are.

Contact Raeline Valbuena at [email protected].