Top television shows to binge watch this fall

Binge_LaurenGlasby_Blog
Lauren Glasby/Senior Staff

Tired of watching the same shows you watched all summer? Instead of mindlessly browsing through your standard Netflix titles, we at the Clog have compiled a list of must-watch shows premiering this season to combat show boredom. Grab a bowl of popcorn, snuggle in a blanket and get ready to chill.

“American Horror Story” Season 6

American-Horror-Story-Season-6

FX/Courtesy

The mystery surrounding the FX horror show has thickened since Rotten Tomatoes may have revealed the upcoming season’s title to be “American Horror Story: The Mist.” Whether or not this is another ploy in FX’s strong promotional campaign remains to be seen. Throughout the summer, we’ve been teased with 20 different trailers, only one of which genuinely reflects the new season’s theme. But alas, show creator Ryan Murphy continues to keep fans in the dark and refuses to reveal any plot details. Tune in Sept. 14 at 10 p.m. to experience a show that will either have you on the edge of your seat or hiding beneath the covers.

“The Good Place”

Courtesy/NBC

NBC/Courtesy

From the co-creator of “Parks and Recreation” Michael Schur, “The Good Place” stars Kristen Bell and Ted Danson in a comedy about a place where good people go after they die. Eleanor Shellstrop (Bell) is a not-so-good person who ends up in “the good place” after being struck by a truck. Michael (Danson) is the moderator and aids Eleanor in fitting into this new world while avoiding “the bad place.” Premiering Sept. 19 on NBC at 10 p.m., this is a show for those of you who appreciate Bell’s snarky humor and offbeat punchlines.

“Westworld”

HBO/Courtesy

HBO/Courtesy

A television remake of Michael Crichton’s 1973 science fiction film, HBO’s “Westworld” centers around a futuristic theme park that caters to anyone’s deepest desires for the right price. Think “Jurassic Park” meets western “Alice in Wonderland.” Nothing is what it seems in the world created by Dr. Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins). The plot revolves around the downfall of Ford’s fantasy world as the androids in the theme park start to break out from his control. One android in particular, played by Evan Rachel Wood, must come to terms with the fact that she is not human. Catch this highly anticipated series Oct. 2 at 9 p.m.

“Narcos” Season 2

Netflix/Courtesy

Netflix/Courtesy

For those of you who can’t wait for your next show addiction, Netflix has already released the second season of hit crime drama “Narcos.” For those of you who haven’t seen the first season, get ready for a bumpy ride on a cocaine-paved road. The second season continues with the story of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar (Wagner Moura) and his cocaine empire, the Medellin Cartel. Set during Reagan’s presidency, the show follows Escobar’s life as he makes billions while dodging the Drug Enforcement Agency and Colombian government. More than your typical gang-versus-police plot, “Narcos” depicts the Colombian power struggle and the man who stayed at the top by perfecting the cocaine trade.

If you finally decide to put the “Friends” reruns on hold, you should have no problem finding your latest obsession with the shows on this list.

Contact Angeline Nguyen at angelinenguyen@dailycal.org.