Berkeley police respond to 3 incidents Saturday night in South Berkeley

bpd.bowen_xiao
Bowen Xiao/Staff

Saturday was a busy night for Berkeley police officers, who responded to multiple distress calls occurring that evening, as first reported by Berkeleyside.

Stabbing on Russell and King Streets

About 7:30 p.m., Berkeley police responded to reports of a stabbing on Russell Street and King Street, according to Berkeley Police Department spokesperson Andrew Frankel. The victim was transported to Alameda County Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

According to Frankel, the victim knows the suspect, but the suspect is still at large and an investigation is ongoing.

Collision in South Berkeley

A truck and a bicyclist collided about 7:40 p.m. in the area of Ashby Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Way. The bicyclist was transported to Alameda County Hospital by the Berkeley Fire Department. Frankel said in an email that drugs and alcohol were not a factor in the crash.

Robbery on Stuart and California Streets

At approximately 8:50 p.m. Saturday, two young men allegedly robbed another young man of his backpack at gunpoint according to Frankel. The victim, who suffered no injuries, described the suspects as two black male teenagers in hooded sweatshirts.

The suspects were last seen fleeing by foot west on Stuart Street from California Street. BPD is currently conducting an investigation and searching for the two suspects, who remain at large.

Anderson Lanham is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @AndersonLanham.