Attempted armed robbery and completed armed robbery occur Wednesday night

An attempted armed robbery and a completed armed robbery occurred near campus Wednesday night, according to a UCPD crime alert.

According to the alert, the attempted armed robbery took place at 9:50 p.m. on Virginia Street near Le Roy Avenue, during which the male suspect allegedly approached the male victim holding a handgun and demanded his property. The victim, with unknown campus affiliation, immediately fled, the alert stated, and the suspect was unable to steal the victim’s property.

The second armed robbery occurred at 11:58 p.m. at the intersection of College Avenue and Parker Street, according to the crime alert. Three victims with unknown campus affiliation were approached by the male suspect. The suspect allegedly made a motion simulating a gun hidden in his waistband, and demanded the victims’ property, the alert stated. The victims complied with the suspect and the suspect left the scene in a dark colored older model sedan.

The suspect for both incidents was described in the alert as a 20 to 30 year old Black male about 5’7” to 5’10” with a light complexion and medium build. According to the alert, the suspect in both incidents was also described as wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.

Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to contact Berkeley Police Department at 510-981-5900.

Contact Sakura Cannestra and Sydney Fix at [email protected].