Romantic fall dates

Fall-Leaves_Michael-Drummond
Michael Drummond/File

It’s finally that time of the year. The leaves are a-changin’, the wind is a blowin’ and love is in the air. You’ve been eyeing that special someone and you think it’s finally time that you ask them out before the holidays roll around. Luckily, the Bay Area is full of fall-themed romantic outings and we at the Clog have sat down to compile a quick list of romantic fall dates to help you woo your soon-to-be significant other.

1. Take advantage of the free movie screenings right here at UC Berkeley. Every fall, ASUC Superb puts on a series of films on a big screen on the Glade (for free). With one movie screening left this fall, now is your chance to take advantage of this opportunity and ask that certain someone you’ve been eyeing out on a date. Grab a couple of blankets and your pumpkin spice lattes and head on over to the Glade. You can find ASUC Superb’s lineup of movies here.
  2. Head on over to Union Square in San Francisco for some ice skating. While this may not exactly be totally fall related, the holidays always seem to come early in the city, and nothing’s more romantic than falling on your butt in front of your crush. Trust us, we’ve been there.
  3. Take a stroll through the Bay Area’s fall foliage. If you’re looking for the best fall foliage in town, we at the Clog recommend whisking your significant other off to the nearby UC Botanical Gardens. If you’re looking to escape the Berkeley bubble, check out the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco or Tilden National Park in Orinda.
  4. Find an enormous pile of leaves, then take your lover by the hand and majestically run through them. You might think we’re joking, because we usually are, but let’s be real. There’s nothing better than running through a giant pile of leaves, single or not. Take our word for it.
  5. Relive Cal-loween with a scary movie marathon. We’re all a little sad that Halloween is over, but since it’s still fall, here’s an excuse to watch your favorite scary classics and romantically scream with your soulmate. Or try out a Disney throwback Halloween movie marathon (i.e. “Hocus Pocus,” “Halloweentown”).
  6. Enjoy a seasonal activity like apple picking. We know, it’s a little bit of a cliché, but your date is sure to appreciate participating in something so festive. And hey, now that it’s fall, it’s also flu season, and an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  7. Check out the fall-themed (and holiday themed) festivals happening in the Bay Area for the remainder of this month. Many of these are free, and are sure to get you and your date into the fall and holiday spirit. Plus, they have food. And everyone loves food, right?
  8. Visit the Oakland or San Francisco Zoo. Crowds will be somewhat light, the weather will be cooler and the animals will be sure to get your mind off your impending doom (term papers, we see you). If your date isn’t great company, at least the giraffes will be.

Contact Chloe Lelchuk at [email protected].