Editor’s note: The Daily Cal presents print redesign

Since December 2015, The Daily Californian’s Redesign Team has worked to recreate your reading experience. Through careful selection of fonts, colors and styles, we at the Daily Cal are excited to launch our 2017 print redesign.

The team, composed of myself, Trevor Greenan, Melanie Archipley, Emily Montenegro and Willow Yang, took on the challenge to overhaul our design style with a focus on meeting the demands of our reader base and the modern world.

We studied the paper’s return-rate data from 2013-16 and used it to inspire our new aesthetic. We looked to this data to reimagine the way we present our paper in hopes of making it more accessible and enjoyable. In the months that followed, we widened the spaces between lines, brightened our colors and reformatted our paper. After months of making mockups and debating style, we are happy to bring you the finished project.

As modern-day journalists, we strive to stay current. As designers, we take on the challenge to repeatedly do better than our best. We are certainly proud of the product. We would like to thank everyone involved in the project for their tireless hard work and dedication, and as always, thank you for supporting the Daily Cal.

Danielle Sundell is the creative director. Contact her at [email protected].