UC Berkeley student charged with murder, attempted murder, home robbery

gomez

Update 1/22/2017: This article has been updated to reflect new information obtained by the San Francisco Chronicle. 

UC Berkeley student Pablo Gomez Jr. appeared at the Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse on Tuesday for their arraignment on four felony charges — murder, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and first degree robbery.

Gomez, 22, was arrested Jan. 7 in connection with the stabbing of female victim, identified as Kiana Lailin Schmitt according to the San Francisco Chronicle, and the murder of Emilie Inman, a 27-year-old South Berkeley resident — both of which occurred Jan. 6. Gomez was apprehended by the Burbank Police Department before being transported to local authorities.

At their arraignment Tuesday afternoon, Gomez was formally charged with Inman’s murder. Gomez was also charged with assault with a deadly weapon and the attempted murder of the unidentified female victim who survived the attack.

According to Berkeleyside, Gomez’s final felony count was first degree home robbery, which involved a third female victim. Berkeleyside also reported that two of the female victims were injured with “a sharp instrument” that was determined to be a knife.

Gomez is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 1 for a plea hearing, during which they will also be assigned an attorney, Berkeleyside reported.

Gomez is currently being held without bail in Santa Rita Jail, according to online records on the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office website.

Check back for updates.

Chantelle Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.

• Anita Perry

Pablo Gomez Jr. who is charged with stabbing a woman to death and attempted murder of another woman is not “they” as in singular, or any other idiotic pronoun. He is not “zir”, “zim”, “they”, etc. Gomez = “he” or “him”. Maybe the problem is we have been coddling these violent delusional males for way to long. Within a three month period in the bay area, two male trans/queer activist have been charged with grisly homicides of women.
    Last November in Oakland, CA, transwoman Dana Rivers was charged with a ghastly triple homicide of a lesbian couple and their adopted son who were stabbed and shot to death in their own home, arson for trying to burn down the house to destroy evidence, and possessing metal knuckles. Dana Rivers is not a woman. His pronouns = “he” or “him”.
    Currently, in Washington State transwoman Douglas, “Donna”, Perry is on trial for first degree murder of three women. His pronouns = “her” or “him”.

• Anita Perry

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say Washington State serial killer suspect transwoman Douglas, “Donna”, Perry’s pronouns are “he”, or “him”.

• Rechts

My theory is the prevailing one, given the freakshow this entire sordid event has become. Gotta love Berekeley and the manifestations of tolerance!

• Joe

The VAST majority of illegals are NOT working in the fields. And even if they were, apparently you believe strongly in unfair wages and nigh slavery? I love your hypocritical liberal parting words though. Perhaps you can join “it” in prison someday when your “tolerant” leftism takes full root.

• Glen Wishard

The author of this article needs to use the personal pronoun “dipshit”.

• Dexter Fishbourne

How do we know that Emilie wants to be referred to as her or she? Lets ask….. oh wait HE “allegedly” (there is a witness) killed her… POS.

• Catherine Peacock

You don’t have the right to even say her name.

• Rechts

Emilie was probably drinking wine with Gomez, a kindred liberal spirit who was misunderstood, when Emilie slipped on her pronoun reference and “their” went all stabby-stabby, that’s what I heard.

• MERKEL MUSS WEG

Kill him!
    NO MERCY!
    TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY!
    MERKEL MUSS WEG!

• Punxsutawney Dr Phil
  • Catherine Peacock

Stop using the pronoun “they.” He murdered an innocent, beautiful, young woman who had everything to live for, and just happened to open her door to this murderer. Emilie was a loving, kind, and compassionate young woman. Why is everyone concerned about using the pronoun he reportedly desires? He shouldn’t get what he desires. Gomez repeatedly stabbed Emilie without a thought or care about her. Was he thinking about his pronoun then? HE IS A MURDERER named Pablo Gomez. If you must refer to HIM, use murderer to refer to him.

• JO

What does her being “beautiful” have to do with anything at all?

• Catherine Peacock

You didn’t know her otherwise you would understand what I meant.

• Catherine Peacock

Jo you must know something about Emilie to understand what I mean by describing her as beautiful. She excluded beauty from inside her soul. She stood out as a person who’s love for humanity was uniquely special. She radiated a goodness. I wish you could have known her, then you would not ask such a silly question.

• Catherine Peacock

You obviously don’t know what beautiful means because you don’t know Emilie.

• lspanker

Immigration status?

• Spikier Than Thou

Irrelevant, since given the charges we wouldn’t be letting him leave the country even if he were foreign. If he did it he can enjoy a California jail for a long time.

• lspanker

Not irrelevant in the event he’s another one of those illegal aliens showing his appreciation for the misguided generosity of the California taxpayers with criminal activity.

• Justice4All

The same taxpayer money you’re willing to spend on brick for an unnecessary wall instead of towards programs that actually mater. That taxpayer money?

• lspanker

The wall is QUITE necessary, if only to stop future Democrat voters.

• Justice4All

In saying “to stop future democrats from voting” you are implying that you would want to keep a future generation of legal citizens from excercising their right to vote even if they gain their citizenship legally, like you wanted in the first place, just because they think differently then you. You would never willingly subject yourself to the difficulties migrant workers are put through but with the wall built who will take their place, you? Well first the companies would have to cut back on workers in order to legally hire field help which would then take jobs away from the U.S. and isn’t that a big part of what Trump is about hmm? Providing jobs? Of course thanks to Obama, unemployment has dropped from %10 to %4.7 or so in the last 8 years, which is a drastic change that I’m sure can be quite difficult for a simple brained person like yourself to grasp. Focus on your retirement plan and your pensions while we let the youth vote and decide what is essentially going to affect them and not your rotting caurcus.

• lspanker

In saying “to stop future democrats from voting” you are implying that you would want to keep a future generation of legal citizens from excercising their right to vote

They wouldn’t be “future citizens” if we actually enforced our immigration laws.

You would never willingly subject yourself to the difficulties migrant workers are put through but with the wall built who will take their place, you?

We have tens of millions of grown adults who are either unemployed or seriously underemployed. You don’t think that any of them are capable of working in any of the occupations currently staffed by illegal aliens?

Of course thanks to Obama, unemployment has dropped from %10 to %4.7 or so in the last 8 years

If that were even remotely true, Trump would have never been elected. The U-3 statistics touted by the Democrats don’t include the millions who have simply given up looking for work because there is none for them. Proof positive that you have no idea of what you’re talking about.

• this_is_fckd_up