The return of Berkeley bites

Ethan Epstein /File
Ethan Epstein /File
Ethan Epstein /File

Greetings fellow Golden Bears, the time has come for us to return to our gloriously decorated institution of higher learning. We at the Clog can sense your pure bliss to be returning to the hallowed halls of Dwinelle and Doe Library. We know all of break you were just itching to purchase your course readers and begin your stress-free problem sets. But alas, spring semester is finally here and to help add to your academic thrill, or to ease the pain of returning to the Bay, we at the Clog have complied some Berkeley bites that remind you there’s no place quite like Berzerkeley.

Artichoke Basille’s Pizza

Ah, the savory smell of cheese, garlic and, of course, our beloved artichokes. In all seriousness there truly is no slice that compares to the massiveness or grandeur of Artichoke’s. Additionally, the sense of community and solidarity achieved by packing bucketloads of college students in a line for a slice of pizza is unparalleled, and gives your late night (or daytime) snack sentimental value. Whether it’s the crab, the meatball or the OG artichoke pizza that aids you through your current life crisis, fear not, dear reader, your pizza is patiently awaiting your return.

Caffe Strada

Calling all caffeine dependent folks. We know you all missed your favorite source of coffee. Well we’re happy to report that Strada is anxiously anticipating your arrival. In addition to Strada’s reasonable prices and energizing beverages, its outdoor seating and studious vibes can’t be found anywhere else. Nothing arms you like returning to your three-hour sleep schedule and series of all-nighters like Strada.

Boba

Boba, our favorite sweet treat and coffee alternative, is definitely something we know you all missed over break. Though you can possibly get a milk tea at home, nothing beats having a boba place located every five feet and the social event that is going to boba with your squad. After all, what’s a weekday with out blowing off your homework to grab boba before slowly trolling back to your studies.

Cafe 3

Oh yes, a list of Berkeley bites would not be complete without the culinary genius that is Cafe 3. We at the Clog know you all longed for the savory powered eggs, the wide variety of fresh fruit and the bliss of  the flavorful soup selection. Even better is the Cafe 3 guarantee of seeing your must feared foes at the most inopportune times. We know, you’re already racing to pregame brunch with some Bear Market goodies.

With all of these fabulous dining options, who wouldn’t be stoked to begin a semester full of group projects and midterms!

Nichole Bloom is the assistant blog editor. Contact Nichole Bloom at [email protected].