Male student robbed on campus Monday night

alerts_DapreeDoyle_file
Dapree Doyle/File

A robbery occurred near Minor Hall Addition and Hertz Hall on Monday, according to a Nixle alert released by UCPD Tuesday.

The alert stated that the male victim, a campus student, was near the northwest corner of Minor Hall Addition about 6:18 p.m. According to the alert, the male suspect allegedly approached the victim and demanded his property, making a motion as though he was carrying a gun.

“The suspect demanded the victim’s property while making a motion as if he had a gun but no gun was seen,” the alert said.

The victim complied with the suspect’s demands, according to the alert. The suspect then reportedly fled the scene, moving south west towards Hertz Hall. UCPD searched the area following the robbery, but was unable to locate the suspect.

The alert said the victim was not injured during encounter. According to UCPD spokesperson Sgt. Sabrina Reich, the suspect allegedly stole a small black Jansport, along with its contents, which was valed at a total of $50.

The alert described the suspect as a male, possibly in his 20s, about 5 feet and 10 inches tall and 200 pounds. The suspect was also described in the alert as having a “muscular build,” and was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt that covered his head, as well as a dark ski mask and dark pants.

Reich said the case is under investigation by UCPD.

“Certainly if we get more suspect information … we’ll be updating the public,” Reich said.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call UCPD at 510-642-0472.

Check back for updates.

Chantelle Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.