The dreaded interview with your potential future employer just got a little less terrifying. Prepare answers for these 20 questions and you will be on your way to acing that phone call or Google Hangout interview.
- What is your current job/extracurricular activity work?
- What are some responsibilities you’ve had in the past year?
- What are some interesting facts about you?
- What are some projects that you’re excited about pursuing?
- What has been your favorite project thus far? Think of two.
- What has been the hardest project you’ve worked on?
- What is your past experience with (insert skill required for internship)?
- Where and how do you absorb your news and information about the industry?
- What are some interesting trends you’ve read? Try to connect it to your past work.
- Why do you want to work here? Be specific and do your research.
- What are some ideas you have about improving the company? Think of two.
- What are moves or trends at (insert company here) that you admire?
- Is there recent news about the company you’re applying for?
- What are specific traits you have that make you an ideal candidate?
- What are some weaknesses that you possess? Pick actual ones — such as trouble asking for help or communicating with your superiors — and note how you are working to change this.
- How do you handle your work/school/life balance?
- What future aspirations do you have? Alternatively, where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What are some classes you’ve taken that have prepared you for this position?
- What do you want to learn at this internship?
- What do you consider as the most exciting projects or developments in your field?
BONUS — questions to ask the interviewer:
- What are some things about (insert company here) that I’d only know if I worked there?
- How have you seen the industry change over the past few years?
- What are some qualities you’re looking for in an intern?
- What are some changes you’d like to see at (insert company here)?
- Are there any big projects you’re working on that you’re excited about?
- What is a typical day like for an intern? What will I be doing?
- What is the team like that I would be working with?
Contact Alexandra Yoon-Hendricks at [email protected].