Check your privilege when speaking of protests

In light of recent events, there has been a resurgence of the belief that in order for a protest to be effective, it must also be nonviolent. This belief especially plagues liberals, who are talented in drafting long Facebook posts about how they are down with the cause, but not really because windows were broken and some white nationalists got their asses beat. Here’s looking at you, Berkeley.

I’m here to explain to this particular segment of the “jolted from a coma, but went back to bed” crowd that they are wrong. Listen closely, because if I have to hear this flawed, problematic and deeply cowardly line of reasoning the next time some people invite a violent fascist-endorsing hate monger to UC Berkeley, we’re fighting.

To those campus personalities who made their bread, butter and following by campaigning for ASUC offices and who now feel the need to misinform their constituents by using their glorified platforms, I have news for you. You have a lot to learn about protesting and how it works.

First, no protest is nonviolent. You are laboring under the assumption that protesters are coming into a peaceful atmosphere and disrupting it through chanting, song and broken windows. This, of course, is a misrepresentation of our society and its treatment of the marginalized. For the sake of this brief explanation, let’s fuck the broken windows and get straight to the reason so many students were compelled to protest Milo Yiannopoulos’ event. From the outset, marginalized student communities have been extremely vocal about the violent impact of Yiannopoulos’ appearances and his consistent abuse of platforms. He was banned from Twitter for “participating in or inciting targeted abuse of individuals.” He outed a trans woman during an appearance at UW Milwaukee, an act that placed this individual’s life in danger. And he had plans to name undocumented students in our community as part of his appearance at UC Berkeley, an act that, in the time of Donald Trump, places our classmates at an even greater risk of being attacked. This is violence. If I know that you are planning to attack me, I’ll do all I can to throw the first punch.

Let’s move on and discuss the atmospheres created during protests, when police are invited to monitor citizens practicing their right to assembly. I don’t care what Breitbart article or liberal bullshit listicle you’ve read, or what your experiences in white suburbia might have taught you — police are violent agents of the state. They carry weapons, enforce laws that place our communities in danger and use excessive force in order to subdue and “protect.” Often, the people protesting are the same people who are at most risk for being violated by the police. Thus, the presence of police officers in riot gear — armed with less-than-lethal weapons they are more than happy to use on protesters — creates an atmosphere that perpetuates violence on community members.

Look — no one actually wants to protest. The decision arose in the face of the fact that the student body was not taken seriously when it said, repeatedly, a million times over, that inviting Yiannopoulos to campus was probably a bad idea. From where I was standing, there was no actual dialogue about why Yiannopoulos should be invited to campus, despite his violent actions and despite the fact that — as evidenced by recent events — most of the student body didn’t want him there. (Besides, can you really have meaningful dialogue with people who, at their core, want to eliminate you? The answer is no.) And if Berkeley College Republicans really wanted him – and it really did – well, he came. But for every action, there is a reaction. Just as you all claim that he should be allowed a platform on campus (under the guise of weird misrepresentation of plurality of ideas or whatever), students are allowed to protest him.

To Milo: I’m sorry that you were too scared to stand your ground during a routine Berkeley protest. Hopefully, you’ll think twice now about recruiting at my alma mater, where hate speech may be allowed a platform by the administration but will never be tolerated by the student body. Here’s a big fuck you from the descendants of people who survived genocides by killing Nazis and people just like them.

To people with platforms who decide when a protest should and should not be violent: You speak from a place of immense privilege. As I recently wrote in a tirade against this brand of idiocy, asking people to maintain peaceful dialogue with those who legitimately do not think their lives matter is a violent act. Putting #LoveTrumpsHate at the end of a post is a privilege that many of you take advantage of, especially when there are those of us who know that our grandparents and parents survived hate only through the grace of violent action. No offense.

Read more opinion coverage on the use of violence in protests here.

Nisa Dang is an alumna of UC Berkeley. Contact the opinion desk at [email protected] or follow us on Twitter @dailycalopinion.

• TheAdventurer

“Check your privilege”?! You’re at Berkeley!! I don’t care what color, shape, or gender you are – it doesn’t get much more “privileged” than that!

• Hoss Dellgado

What goes around comes around… I am not threatening anyone. All I am saying is if those people act violent they shouldn’t be surprised when the authorities crack down with…. violence…

• Wes Weber

“Check your privilege…” No. Actually, you need to check your character.

• Julio Weigend

This woman is a fascist–a living contradiction. Combating words, no matter how offensive, with violence is fascism, period.

• elia

Dear Social Justice Warriors,

Enjoy your future of serving coffee at the Starbucks…you know, the one with the windows you just smashed.

Leftist brownshirts use childish namecalling and cowardly group violence because they cannot win an open debate and cannot win a fair fight.

Sincerely,
    The Grown Ups

• Estil Rumage

So we only allow free speech if it’s not “hate/racist/etc speech”? And what constitutes so-called hate/racist/etc speech and by whom? Correct me if I’m wrong but when a particular viewpoint is endorsed/promoted by those in charge and contrary viewpoints are afraid of speaking out because of violence or threats of violence or at least being ostracized from society (which is apparently what the protesters and those who sympathize with them want)…then isn’t that exactly what a dictatorship would do?

• ThatGuyWhoLeavesComments

lol “Check your privilege.”

That the same “privilege” that allows you the RIGHT to protest? How delusional can you be? You have a TON of privilege but all you see is your own skin color and believe that somehow absolves you of all the very real privilege you have.

• dirtysteve

“Check your privilege” is not a term that works in the real world. People dont magically change opinions because you spot pre-programmed silencing techniques.

• BC

My privilege

You mean the fact that since I got off the boat i have been working to pay for you snowflakes..

Cant wait for your anarchist to run into me

• ShadrachSmith

As a longtime poster on university newspapers, I’ve never seen anger directed at the administration for egging the students into felonies as politics.

It’s the administration doing this, the students are just tools.

• Nelz0026

nothing like some good ole fashion communism….yeah baby! Stailn, Lenin, Chavez, Castro and all the heroes of the left were really just pacifists that were pushed to hard and had to fight back – I mean come on so several million innocent people had to be sacrificed whatever!

• Johnny Argon

NISA ,,,, you Ignorant Intolerant Butthurt Snowflake Racist Liberal ,,,,
    you would be a great spokesperson for the 1950s and 1960s KKK riots and protests and burnings with the implicit support of the police and government ,,, only now the KKK has morphed into Nisa and Liberal Academia and the Police are the Berkeley administration

• NOW CLONE THIS ONE!

When I lived in the Bay Area in the 1990s back when I was a “Liberal”, my Berkeley Alumni friends were drinkers, partiers, pot smokers….etc. The furthest they went was akin to “Dude, pot isn’t a drug Maaaaaaaaaan”

Now, Berkeley allows Op Eds about violence, silencing speech, “going after Fascists”…when EVERYONE is considered a Fascist conveniently.

Who protects THE PEOPLE from YOU? All this talk about “Fascism” from the very people behaving like FASCISTS, is Orwellian. No wonder Scott Adams and other Alumni donors are pulling their support of Berkeley. Who the heck over the age of 25 and not living with their parents would jump on such a train?

ANTIFA is a TER.ROR ORGANIZATION in Europe and now in the U.S. and should be designated such. I don’t say this merely out of being ‘political’, I say this because their goal is simply violence against anyone, they have no argument and I’ve listened to them make their ‘case’.

There is no case, there’s nothing RATIONAL coming from them.

• NOW CLONE THIS ONE!

And like someone said below, in the mind of the Terror Group Antifa, or other Black Bloc Anarcho groups it comes down to:

“Non violent speech is hate speech….but my actual violence is speech”

• Then: Racism against non-leftist white people isn’t really racism.
    Now: Violence against non-leftist white people isn’t really violence.

• Scott S di Vincenzo

Defund Berkeley / Entitlement Fascism #DefundBerkeley / Entitlement Fascism / Defund Berkeley

• dislikedisqus

It’s hilarious that you’re so arrogant about your supposed intelligence and you don’t even know what “legitimately” means:

“asking people to maintain peaceful dialogue with those who legitimately do not think their lives matter is a violent act.”

Hahaha.

• UR_FREINDLY_NEIGHBORHOOD_TROLL

“despite his violent actions”
    Dang you’re dumb.

“idiocy”
    The only idiocy around here is yours, sweetie.

• CuriousOnlooker

Here’s what I’ve been hammering into my 5 year old son. We are black Americans by the way, who think your “privilege” arguments are just excuses to fail. Work hard and treat people well and you will do fine in this country.
    But I digress.
    Son,
    -You have value and are cherished, but you are not more special than anyone else
    -The world doesn’t revolve around you
    -Negative actions have negative consequences
    -Be charitable
    -Use your words
    -Stay away from kids who say mean things, ignore them

So, children of Berkeley here’s some advice since clearly you have not been parented:
    -If you don’t like what someone has to say, IGNORE THEM
    -Oppossing speech is not hate speech
    -Offensive speech is not hate speech
    -Your opinion is not more valuable than anyone else’s

Good luck with life. You’ll need it.

• gekkobear

“a violent fascist-endorsing hate monger to UC Berkeley, we’re fighting.”

Violent” How? I’ve never seen him do anything but speak?
    Oh… wait’ I know now.

Summary of your argument:
    * His speech is “violence” which should be illegal!
    * My “violence” is speech, which should be protected by law!

Congratulations on your Orwellian torturing of logic; rational thought, and justification for a “rule of law” that would silence all dissent; and justify beatings to all dissenters of your point of view.

If you need to justify fascist violence to stop any “fascist-endorsing” person… who stops you?
    And how should they do that?

• lspanker

The only thing that George Orwell got wrong was that he was about 33 years too early…

• Joseph

“If I know that you are planning to attack me, I’ll do all I can to throw the first punch.”

This is what happens when people care more about their identity as themselves rather than who God sees them as. :'(

• Bob Loblaw

at least we can now stop pretending the violent brown shirts protesting Milo’s speech weren’t supported by the student population

• Praelium

Well, then. “He was banned from Twitter for “participating in or inciting targeted abuse of individuals.” Time to examine. Mr. Dorsey lives in America and has the freedom to accept and reject accounts. However, Mr. Dorsey plays favorites and does not show equality. For example, Village Voice’s account is approved by Dorsey and Milo’s account is rejected. https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE . Village Voice is encouraging violence. Encouraging people to break the Sixth Commandment is not just. Further, “The presence of police officers in riot gear — armed with less-than-lethal weapons they are more than happy to use on protesters — creates an atmosphere that perpetuates violence on community members.” Time to examine. The theory that police presence increases the motive of rioters is weakened by the events of last week. More rioters + less police = $100K damage. The Lord wishes to reign in His universe and shows us how He works: few realize that He is working in the present.

• OrionElectra

Civil war is coming. People like Nisa Dang will not prevail.

• Seth Richardson

18 U.S. Code § 241 – Conspiracy against rights
    If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or
    If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—
    They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

• JK

You are hate and bitter and all you kids did was break into 3 banks and a starbucks +plus beat people bloody in the street. All in less than an hour. You stopped a “gay man with a black boyfriend from talking” (I only know this about him because of your protest turned riot). Not all of you were wearing mask. Most of you followed the crowd to the crossroads I watched it live on 3 different ustreams and live streams.
    Until the ring leaders made everyone put away their phones. Shame and failure is all you have now. Sadly you are so ignorant of the concept of free speech you somehow envision yourself as the victors in a just starting battle against what you call hate. You attempted to keep me from hearing what someone has to say and failed. Since you hated this Milo so much I took some of my valuable time and watched Three ( 3 ) of his speeches I heard no hate calls to violence or claims of superior white people.
    When I was a boy I was put on a bus for a 2 hour ride to the center of Atlanta where 100% of the people there were black It was called “bussing”. During those times I have seen hate I have heard the cries of the oppressors. People lined up with GUNS in front of the school busses You and your like would have fit right in with them Though I can not imagine you spitting tobacco.
    Thanks for one thing, I now know a story about a legal immigrant who was refused the ability to speak freely. I know this because the hateful outspoken youth at Berkeley have become the thought police. Where views not your own are shouted then beat down if needed and you are proud of it!

• Jay Beswick

BAMN Riots funded by;

BY ANY EANS NECESSARY or BAMN Engineered the Sacramento Riots on 6-26-16, here is a list of their donors; ***************** BAMN AFFILIATES ************************
    http://www.aaaed.org/
    http://www.ueaa.net/
    http://www.bamn.com/ (affiliated with both organizations)
    AAAED was founded in 1974 as the American Association for Affirmative Action
    * AAAED – American Association for Access, Equity, and Diversity
    * LEAD – The Fund for Leadership, Equity, Access and Diversity
    * UEAALDF – United for Equality and Affirmative Action Legal Defense Fund
    * BAMN – By Any Means Necessary
    * DAAP – Defend Affirmative Action Party
    Donations come primarily from the following
    Kellogg Foundation
    Detroit Federation of Teachers
    The Ford Foundation
    The Impact Fund
    California Federation of Teachers
    Society of American Law Teachers (SALT)
    Southern Poverty Law Center
    Volunteers for Affirmative Action (Flint)
    Michigan Federation of Teachers
    Judge Gregory Mathis
    Inner City Miracle
    Law Students for Affirmative Action
    Center for Constitutional Rights
    Citizens for Affirmative Action’s Preservation
    San Francisco Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO
    AFSCME Local 312 (DOT)
    UAW International
    Michigan AFLCIO
    Judge Greg Mathis
    UAW Local 6000
    Buck Dinner (Fund for Equal Justice)
    International Longshoremen’s Assoc. Local 1414
    Movement For Justice
    SEIU Local 79
    Bowling Green State University (several departments)
    Michigan Education Association
    Committee to Elect Sharon McPhail
    AFSCME Local 207 (Public Workers)
    SEIU Local 790
    Oakland Education Association
    Steelecase Inc.
    Women Law Students Association
    Laborer’s International Union Local: 645
    SEIU Local 535
    Michigan Human Right Campaign
    United Steel Workers of America Local 295
    Steve Conn & Heather Miller
    Dr. Melvin Murphy
    Wilma Chan, California State Assembly Majority Leader
    United Educators of San Francisco (UESF)
    United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW)
    Amalgamated Transit Union Local 192 (AC Transit workers, Oakland, CA)

• Jay Beswick

Mainly the Teachers union

• Jay Beswick

Yvette Felarca interviewed as the organizer. Yvette organized the Sacramento Riots on 6-26-16 as well. She is a teacher in Berkeley, no surprises there. She is regional director of BAMN or BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. She is California Teachers Union funded and she has a legal defense fund for members arrested or hurt. She works under Donna Stern out of Detroit! If you use social media to plan to protest, be aware that DHS has already read your plans, the have your donors list, a list of your facebook members and more. Don’t kid yourself FREE SPEECH is not what protesters want for for any one with a different opinion.

• JK

Yeah what he said plus if you get rowdy you eat pepper spray and go to jail

• djmc993150

Cite an example of milo being violent.

• CityDweller71

Nisa Dang is a complete POS and should be run out of the country.

• JK

You are doing the same thing name calling and calling for violence get a grip

• Jaime Osbourn

I look forward to the day when an idiot like you makes the mistake of attacking someone who is carrying. The write up of your obituary should be very entertaining.

• JK

I don’t think they allow guns in CA they go by a better constitution there. Wink.

• Suzaku Kururugi

I’m black and through most of my life, other blacks have shown me that my life does not matter. Next time I see a black lives matter event, I’ll be sure to defend myself proactively against people with a platform that do not think that my life matters.

• Douglas Levene

Hey, if Berkeley is going to start suppressing dangerous and harmful speech, could it please start with Marxism and all its offshoots? After all, utopian egalitarianism was responsible for the murders of 100 million people in the last century.

• burthoovis

Let that door open where violence is an acceptable response to speech and you might not like what else crawls through…maybe it’s time to grow up a little…?

• Booyeah

“You speak from a place of immense privilege”

No, we do not speak from UC Berkeley. Nice try, Nina. You obviously speak from a place of immense ignorance. Maybe some day that piece of paper you indebted yourself to will actually be worth something.

I’m guessing it was gender studies.

“Worth something” Nevermind.

• The Five Meter Man

The fact that these people have educational opportunities at a large, well-funded research institution is also quite a privilege. Many people will never be able to attend a college like Berkeley, yet they’re setting fires and destroying campus buildings and calling the rest of us privileged. It’s Bizarro world on the left nowadays.

• Josh

I’m curious if these views will change once the violence you support starts to get punched back? It will happen and it won’t be pretty. Many that support anarchy will end up at the bottom of the pile….

• Lorenzo

At minimum the author could show some decency and cite “Rules for Radicals,” by Saul Alinsky, as her inspiration for the opinion piece. Sad, sad waste of a Berkeley education.

• Marc

“…marginalized student communities have been extremely vocal about the violent impact of Yiannopoulos’ appearances and his consistent abuse of platforms.”

Hey, just wanted to give you a dose of reality. If you are a student at UC-Berkely, you are not marginalized. If you are a student at UC-Berkely, you are part of the academic elite of the world. That squarely puts you in the heart of the “1%.” Actually it would put you in more like the .0001%.

• Shaun Plander

All these commenters really clinging tightly to their privilege. Do any of you know ANY trans people? What Milo does is ABSOLUTELY 100% violence.

• Booyeah

You’re clinging really tightly to your fallacies.

“Do any of you know ANY trans people?”

This is called red herring.

“What Milo does is ABSOLUTELY 100% violence.”

That is ABSOLUTELY 100% false. Would you like a dictionary to look up ‘violence’?

• KillerMarmot

Free speech is violence.

Violence is free speech.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. We all know the drill. Just stretch the meaning of words until they mean nothing; then you can claim any nonsense whatsoever.

• Sonus

They really don’t realize that the very concept of hate speech is, in, practice, Orwell’s thought-crime.

It has no place in a free society.

• mogden

Except for the fact that it’s not violence, you are completely right.

• lspanker

Are you really that stupid, or is this just part of your act?

• lspanker

Sorry, you don’t get to redefine “violence” because you’re butt-hurt about someone expressing a less-than-flattering opinion about you.

• Tehy

So basically, to clarify: if something is done to a trans person, it’s worse than what is done to a non-trans person? Do you even think these statements through?

• Seter

Actually yes, I used to live with an mtof, and was around its friends quite a bit.

They were psychotic, something definitely not wired right upstairs.

What Milo does is NOT violence, what your ilk does is definitely violent (my x-roommate was also extremely violent).

• Johnnydub

Milo was spot on when he said transgenderism is a mental illness.

• roccolore

Democrats are fascist cowards who hate free speech and make excuses for riots.

• DCPizzaIsSatan

Do you think for one second that the DOJ, DHS, FBI, local task forces, etc. haven’t already completely and utterly infiltrated your groups, your social media, your classrooms, your meetings, your electronic communications, that they don’t have extensive dossiers on every one of you, that your movements and actions aren’t being monitored 24/7, and most importantly, that the political winds at the highest levels of power have not just shifted against you? Do you think you have double-secret tactics against this? Do you think running to Brooklyn like Ian Dabney Miller is gonna work for all of you? Apart from your elders like Mr Miller, a not very smart person, you’ve all grown up with Uncle Ombama. Uncle Obama has left the building. Anyway, not my problem.

• KillerMarmot

To Milo: I’m sorry that you were too scared to stand your ground during a routine Berkeley protest.

Apparently “routine” Berkeley protests involve beating and pepper-spraying people, and destroying private property.

Dang, don’t say things that are so easily refutable. Make people have to work a little to prove that you are lying.

• NoeValleyJim

I don’t know back in the early 90’s that was pretty routine. Are you now or have you ever been a Cal student?

• KillerMarmot

Let me quote the LA Times:

But even though there was only one arrest Wednesday night, Berkeley officials insist the incident was something altogether new.

“We have never seen this on the Berkeley campus,” Mogulof said. “This was an unprecedented invasion.”

Dang and you call it routine, Berkeley officials call it unprecedented.

• NoeValleyJim

I saw way more property distruction and more injuries during the Rodney King riots. The 60s were far more violent.

I ask again, did you actually go to Cal or are you making things up?

• JK

Well at least now you admit it was a riot not a protest

• NoeValleyJim

What year did you graduate Cal? I am Biophysics Class of 93, how about you?

• lspanker

Yep, BSChE 1995. Cal taught me to hate left-wing thug hypocrites like you, FWIW.

• NoeValleyJim

1993 Biophysics, after 3 years in the 82nd Airborne. I will always be ready to stop fascism, wherever it rears its ugly head. I intend to be one of the peaceful protestors next time Milo comes to Cal, even though I am in my 50s.

• lspanker

You’re rather confused on what constitutes “fascism” and what does not. You smack your noggin on too many times on the petal doors on the way out or what?

• NoeValleyJim

Undemocratic? Check
            Ultranationalistic? Check
            Promotes violence against minorities? Check

Smells like fascism to me.

• helen

I’ve been here since 68 and have never before seen “protesters” of any kind chase down other citizens and beat them unconscious as a crowd cheers on. Never.

• JK

Plus the police made Milo leave he had no choice.

• Nunya Beeswax

Pol Pot’s program of “cleansing” Cambodia was based on principles he received from Marx and Lenin. It was his way of trying to hit “reset” and purge Cambodia of counter-revolutionary thought. No surprise that it was a failure.

Please convince me that the Black Bloc and its apologists don’t want something similar. Their (and apparently, your) version of freedom of speech is that everyone has the right to agree with them or become victims of cleansing revolutionary violence.

I submit that you also seem to be confused about what is and is not a violent act. If you are truly unsure as to the difference between “asking people to maintain peaceful dialogue with those who legitimately do not think their lives matter” and being hit over the head with a hammer, I’m sure somebody would be happy to arrange a demonstration.

• Kelly

“To people with platforms who decide when a protest should and should not be violent: You speak from a place of immense privilege.” Your ignorance is astounding. Gandhi, MLK, Mandela: all speaking from a place of “immense privilege”?

• disqus_6YcQLVlAyH

So will you put these efforts to help Trump get re-elected in 2020 on your resume?

• KillerMarmot

Milo Yiannopoulos must have been delighted. I have little doubt he will use video clips of the riot in future talks. Wearing ski masks and beating people with red and black flags — you can’t buy that kind of material.

• RobMyers

“Disgusting” doesn’t begin to describe this piece. And what a piece it is. Only in Cali can someone say with a straight face that words are violence, and that unilateral violence on the part of protestors is self defense, defense from no actual violence or calls to violence. Orwell is spinning in his grave.
    I do wonder how this line of thinking and rhetoric will progress. How long until someone decides that the “imminent threat” of the left’s violence needs to be pre-empted on their part, so they decide to “defend themselves” with a violent attack of their own.
    You see how screwed up this course of thinking is? Of course not. Because in your selfish belief that you hold the moral high ground – the one true right way of thinking – you’re justified in whatever abhorrent act you feel you need to commit, because it’s all in service of the greater good. This is how fundamentalists, Nazis, and jihadists, think. Congratulations for placing yourself in such fine company.

• NoeValleyJim

Free Speech only applies to government attempts to pre-emptively censor speech, it does not apply to a private actors requirement to listen to it.

If you are under the mistaken belief that you can say any nonsense you like without consequences, I challenge you go to up to the biggest dark skinned person you can find and start hurling racial epithets. Most likely you will get what you deserve.

Milo Y. is a fascist who hates gays, women, Muslims and immigrants. He stirs up Transphobia and racial animosity wherever he goes. He is worlds biggest troll. These are not my opinions, these are facts. If you want to support this kind of speech, be my guest, but I intend to protest him next time he comes to campus. And I am a 50-something white man!

But I am also a UCB Grad and Army Veteran and I will not stand aside and watch fascists take over our country and remove our freedoms without a fight.

• KillerMarmot

Milo hates gays? Hilarious! Milo IS gay.

And no one was required to listen to Milo Yiannopoulos. Rather the thugs that rioted forced people NOT to listen to him.

• NoeValleyJim

He wants to shove gays back in the closet and has argued at length in favor of this idea. He says that gays should be bullied into marrying women.

You can be gay and homophobic at the same time.

• lspanker

And you heard him say these things personally? Or are you like those idiots back in the 1990’s who used to scream about all the “hateful” things Rush Limbaugh allegedly said on the radio, but when asked specifics, got all huffy and indignant because they would NEVER listen to someone like him?

• NoeValleyJim

I read them with my own two eyes on the Brietbart.com website where they were published under his name. The website he is one of the editors of. You could find it yourself too I bet, if you exerted the slightest bit of effort to find it.

• lspanker

I read them with my own two eyes on the Brietbart.com website where they were published under his name.

Sources and cites, please.

You could find it yourself too I bet, if you exerted the slightest bit of effort to find it.

You would have no problem providing a link if you knew it were true.

• NoeValleyJim
          • NoeValleyJim

Now this the moment when the Milo worshiper gets all squirmy and claims that Milo is joking and it is not really that offensive to take away hard won civil liberties.

Go ahead, I expect it from you.

• lspanker

The fact that you found anything threatening in that Milo piece you linked to suggests that you have some issues of your own. You’re either hyper-sensitive, have no sense of humor, or the sarcasm simply went over your head.

• NoeValleyJim

I am curious, if Milo had suggested that straight white men should submit to and marry gay men and engage in an*l sod*my with them for the good of humanity, would you have found it to be just as funny?

• The Five Meter Man

You evidently don’t understand how Milo employs sarcasm and irony in the service of his provocateur-ism. Nearly all of his arguments are facetious, that is his particular “brand.” I think Milo’s goal is to get people to think of issues in different ways than they would otherwise, and obviously to promote himself. He understands the best way to do that is through humor and stirring up controversy. It gets him attention, which gives him a platform. The ultimate irony of this whole debacle is that Milo’s upcoming book skyrocketed to the #1 trending best seller on Amazon and he’s scheduled dozens more college visits, including one back to Berkeley! Good job “shutting him down.”

• NoeValleyJim

Yeah I can’t wait until he writes a sarcastic article in favor of lynching, cross burning and raping feminists. He is a regular laugh riot.

• The Five Meter Man

The left is losing because for a long time it has treated moderate political views as “right-wing,” branding them with extreme rhetoric and ridicule. At the same time, the intolerant and regressive wing of the Democrats is plagued with a severe lack of humor. Everything to them is life-or-death serious. When you treat things that aren’t actually bad or said in jest as “literally Hitler” for long enough, you lose power over the language to describe things that are actually abhorrent, such as what you just said.

The election of Donald Trump was a rejection of the left’s cultural hegemony. Virtue signalling and histrionic moral posturing are no longer winning political tactics. You know what they say about crying wolf. Best get used to that, or the next 8 years are going to be very rough for people like you.

• NoeValleyJim

A majority of voters rejected Trump. A majority of voters voted for Democrats instead of Republicans in the 2016 Congressional elections. Trump has the lowest approval ratings of any new President. His nomination was greeted with the largest protests in the history of America.

You are misreading the national temperature if you think Conservatives are winning the battle for the hearts and minds of America. The only reason Republicans hold the reigns of power is corruption and voter supprestion by the Oligarchy.

Peoples disgust with your misrule will lead to you being out of power faster than you can imagine.

• The Five Meter Man

You’re placing too much emphasis on the man, and not enough on the movement. Of course people don’t like Trump personally. He’s a rude blowhard who pisses people off and brags about grabbing women in the genitals. The fact that he has a bad approval rating and that he lost the popular vote doesn’t say anything to refute my overall point. In fact, that he won the election at all given his baggage is astounding, and speaks to how the “old rules” of politics have changed so much. Democrats were SURE Clinton was going to win, right up until the point when she lost.

As for the congressional elections, that’s a pretty funny way of saying that democrats are concentrated in cities which have a larger population and vote in presidential elections. Funny thing though: Congress is made up of districts, not decided by the popular vote. How about the actual makeup of our legislative bodies, and not whatever inconsequential statistic you can throw out? News flash: Republicans control both houses of Congress. Wait until the 2018 elections if you want to have an accurate gauge on the way the wind is blowing.

Also note: I did not say conservatives are winning the battle. I said the left is losing it. If you don’t think the average American is sick of politically correct bullshit, you’re living in a bubble.

What we’re seeing today is a rejection of the old model of political consensus that has held since, in Goldwater’s words, “the preachers” took hold of the Republican party. Trump is not a conservative, and his election was a victory for conservatives only because they got a supreme court justice and likely repealing Obamacare out of the deal.

• JeffwithaJ

Jim,
            You are crazy. Seek psychiatric help. I’m not kidding.

• NoeValleyJim

Typical right wing response.

• JDV

If it was as well-written as the piece you linked to, yeah I’d find it funny. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen something very similar to what you suggest and I laughed. You could say it’s due to my privilege that I’m able to laugh at it, but that argument doesn’t hold much sway with me anymore. It’s been abused.

• lspanker

ROTFLMAO! Proof positive you’re a humorless twit. Lemme guess, did your mommy prevent you from watching the Three Stooges as kid because you really thought that Moe used a real hammer on Larry?

• NoeValleyJim

HAHAHAHAH it is a joke!!!! Wow I just did not get it before. When a member of a dominant group threatens to take the rights away from a minority, it is just a joke!! You Conservatives have such a good sense of humor. Wow, thanks for explaining it to me.

• JDV

Dude, during your stint getting that “good Berkeley education,” did you by chance encounter Swift’s ‘A Modest Proposal?’ That Milo piece you linked to is pure Swiftian satire, my good man.
            Look, Milo is a tool and an attention hog and a classic troll, but he’s harmless unless he’s empowered by giving him any kind of attention, especially negative attention. But he’s not a hatemonger and he’s not advocating violence against anyone. His whole schtick is provocative performance art in the line of Andy Kaufmann. Only yeah, he’s conservative. I have to say, as a liberal myself who’s always thought conservatives had a no sense of satire, it’s almost refreshing to see one who gets it. You’re gonna have to get over it. There are people with differing points of view who just might poke fun at OUR sacred cows for once, instead of the other way around.

• A Lion in Zion

Quote the issue. Don’t dodge.

• NoeValleyJim

You aren’t a very careful reader. The link is right there, up about three replies.

• A Lion in Zion

Quote it. I don’t see anything wrong in that article. I want to see what you are getting all worked up about. Surely not every word is offensive to you is it?

• NoeValleyJim

While Yiannopoulos is openly gay, he has stated that gay rights are detrimental to humanity, and that gay men should “get back in the closet”. He has described being gay as “aberrant” and “a lifestyle choice guaranteed to bring [gay people] pain and unhappiness”

“Why not capitalise on this new wave of gay traditionalism by bullying gay men back into heterosexual unions”

This suggestion is particularly offensive.

Are you straight?

• A Lion in Zion

Cite it so I can check it out in context. I understand how editing can create a lie.

What is the normal type of human sexuality?

• NoeValleyJim
          • A Lion in Zion

Oh I get it. You don’t understand metaphors and hyperbole.

The article is about how the world would be better if gay men were having children because of their high IQs, and how that would improve the gene pool. That isn’t an attack on gay people.

“You are brilliant and I hope you have kids!” – weakest insult ever.

• NoeValleyJim

How would you like to be bullied into marrying a gay man and forced to endure an*l s*domy?

• A Lion in Zion

😂 How can you not understand the article? You are proving him wrong by example, but not in the way you think:

“Elsewhere in the world, the story is the same. Abraham Lincoln was almost certainly at least bisexual. And then there are figures from remoter history, such as notorious bum bandit Alexander the Great. It seems that wherever you find human greatness, gays are joyfully abundant.

That’s at least in part because gay men are smarter: we test higher for IQ than our heterosexual counterparts. Intelligence allows us to “transcend” our evolutionary programming, according to evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa, which may explain the correlation between homosexuality and high IQ.”

He is just saying humanity would be better off as a whole if gay people had kids. You have clearly proven him at least anecdotally wrong.

Good lord, you people are so damn sensitive it is a wonder you are able to survive through a normal day.

• NoeValleyJim

He argues that gay men should be forced to endure sexual intercourse with people they do not desire for the good of humankind. I think straight men should be forced to be anally sodomized, it would make them loosen up and get in touch with their feminine side and would be for the benefit of humanity.

By the way, debasing individual rights to the good of the State or society is one of the defining features of fascism. Eugenics has a pretty sordid association as well.

• A Lion in Zion

No he doesn’t say that gays should be rounded up and forced to breed. You are again, mistaking hyperbole for literalness.

Have you ever read Hunter S Thompson?

He is simply saying that one of the cons to gay freedom is that they will be removed from the gene pool.

• NoeValleyJim

You are claiming without any evidence whatsoever, that Milo intended for his piece to be taken satirically. Provide evidence for this claim, if you can.

I think you aren’t smart enough to be able to tell the difference between satire and something said sardonically.

• A Lion in Zion

Read any of his articles. They are all written tongue in cheek. Watch his interview with Dave Rubin. He makes the same argument and laughs. I am sorry you were offended by the high IQ remarks. For what it is worth, I will never accuse you of it.

• NoeValleyJim

Nope, you can’t do it.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/11/29/trump-could-stop-ohio-state-first-day-office/

Not written tongue in cheek. Too easy to refute your assertions, I am going back to work.

• JDV

That piece is obviously his actual viewpoint. I disagree with that viewpoint, but he’s not being outrageous or advocating violence. Again, you’re gonna have to get used to people who disagree with you without resorting to or advocating for violence.

• JDV

Look, I read the piece as straight satire about how gay men have been historically overrepresented in positions of power and now that they aren’t reproducing in sham marriages, we’re losing future generations of high-IQ gay men. It’s SATIRE! Do you really believe Milo, a flamingly out gay man, would prefer to go back in the closet?

• JeffwithaJ

Jim,
            I think it’s about time you revealed your sources.

• NoeValleyJim
      • David Barber

“Milo Y. is a fascist who hates gays, women, Muslims and immigrants. He stirs up Transphobia and racial animosity wherever he goes. He is worlds biggest troll. These are not my opinions, these are facts.”

Aside from the troll, I disagree. I have watched many of his videos. I see no fascism. I see an entertainer willing to combat idiotic far-left “Safe spaces”, “SJW’s – AKA Red Guard) identity and gender politics that have no supporting research that they are good: the opposite in fact. I see people with different opinions that are not dangerous, except to ideologues who refuse to have anyone in the world who disagrees with them.

“I will not stand aside and watch fascists take over our country and remove our freedoms without a fight.” As you shouldn’t. However, as an “Army Veteran” you fought for the freedom of the constitution, which includes free speech. (Being an army veteran does not give you any privilege in debates, unless related to something with which you have direct army experience, and then it’s anecdotal).

If you were a veteran, what were you fighting for, besides commercial interests of the military industrial complex? Were you fighting for laws to be enacted that controlled what people could or couldn’t say? Are you not aware of how totalitarian states come to power? Silencing of dissent, using the streets to foster hatred of those in power? Oppression and victim politics that Orwell talked about? Labelling people to dismiss their arguments and make them the “enemy”? Changing the meaning of words to assist in degrading people who think differently?

For anyone, ever, to suggest that words and speech need to be controlled with violence and oppression is to reveal a deep and dangerous misunderstanding of the very foundations of democracy. There’s a reason it’s the 1st amendment.

As a liberal I can assure you that there is a very real danger in politics and the establishment. Perhaps as a European, also in his 50’s, I have a better reading of history and the soviets, knowing people from Eastern Europe and now living and speaking to people in China.

As a starter, people should re-read Orwell’s essays and books, not least 1984 and Animal Farm, Goebbels on propaganda, and currently Prof. Jordan Peterson and other academic intellectuals, male and female, that have a good grasp of the madness currently sweeping the west.

http://www.azquotes.com/author/5626-Joseph_Goebbels

• NoeValleyJim

Go read about the beginning of the end of the Weimar Republic and how today looks very much like 1932. The Right has merged with the “alt-Right” (fascist right) and has seized power. Your complacency is your undoing.

Do you think it is okay to yell “Fire!” in a crowded theatre? Do you think inciting a riot is Free Speech? Can you hurl racial epithets at any Black or Brown person you see?

Free Speech is not absolute. Milo is an advocate for violence and rape to people who disagree with him. He is an absolute danger to transexual people.

I will exercise my Constitutionally protected right to protest him every time comes to visit. Too bad you are enabling him and don’t see the threat he really represents.

• Sargv

National Socialists were Left wing (hint: they were socialists). Hîtler was a Lefite. Right-wing? Churchill.

• I’m all for protesting him. But you are missing the plot here. Is Milo leading brownshirts into Berkeley and attacking people? His brinksmanship and performances are often extreme, alarming, bullying, and nasty, too. But if you define all this as “advocating violence” which deserves a preemptive response in kind, then what about when a right wing group claims that a campus speaker like, say, Peter Singer is actually an “advocate for violence” in his writing and should be violently protested and prevented from speaking? What you’re embracing is a breakdown in civil dialogue (which is exactly what Milo is hoping for) and a descent into mob justice.

• Sargv

> Is Milo leading brownshirts into Berkeley and attacking people?

Nah, it’s other way around. He tried to argue with brownshirters. But the only argument brownshirters listen too is live ammunition.

• Milo is no innocent lamb in this fracas. He’s been deliberately provoking people with the most despicable innuendos (not just liberals either, consider his treatment of conservative Ben Shapiro). If the right wing overlooks or encourages Milo’s despicable rhetoric because he irritates liberals, they ignore that he is lowering the bar of discourse for everyone, including themselves.

I am at least saying that I deplore and denounce violence in these circumstances, no matter the provocative person in question and no matter where the violence is coming from. And no excuses for such violence either. I’ve seen some conservatives having the decency to say that Milo’s tactics are low and nasty and that he is not a good example of civil discourse. It is possible to have a constructive argument between differing views without it descending into insults and rioting reprisals.

• Sargv

I partly agree with you. Milo indeed trolls you. And you took the bait and started hurling stones (arguably because Left is in a state of complete ideological bankruptcy and now out of words). Now – look at the footage. You are being reduced to a bunch of blood thirsty animals. Nobody argues with animals.

If you meet words with fists, you will end up eating bullets.

If you follow identity politics, you will be judged for (imagined) sins of your group.

It’s all your doing, and it will undo you in the end.

Purify yourselves. Get rid of the abusers, who use their victim status to bash the others – PoC anti-white racists, feminist misandrists etc. Then maybe someone will start to listen.

• Strange. I did not take the bait. He did not succeed in trolling or upsetting me. I’m used to this sort of thing. And many other liberals don’t bat their eyes at Milo either. If you don’t want to be reduced to the group you are part of, its hardly fair to say that I get to be lumped in with a crowd I have roundly criticized. And the dehumanizing language is unnecessary – call the violent protestors foolish and hypocritical sure, irrational certainly, but they are acting on real human emotions however mistaken their tactics are. Identity politics is a tricky subject – there are groups of people in our society that are more vulnerable than others (which some on the right seek to deny) but there are also far left extremists who defend violence and crushing free speech, and reduce complex individuals and circumstances into simplistic caricatures (which some on the left seek to deny). However, the alt right can’t be throwing stones regarding identity politics, since some of them have fully embraced ethno-nationalism.

All the tribalism and chest beating obscures the fact that there are a whole lot more people in this country who are disgusted by the far left *and* the alt right. The horseshoe theory of politics is being demonstrated now. Because the establishment neoliberal center has fallen apart, its demise has polarized people seeking extremism as the solution to centrist failures. But puritanical extremism is never a long term solution to complicated problems.

This too shall pass, although the madness may not have reached its climax yet.

• NoeValleyJim

Where did I advocate for violence? I advocate for shouting him down.

• Alright, since you are not advocating/defending violence in the protests, do you condemn the actions of those involved or excusing it (including the author of this piece)? If so, then we are on the same page as I have no problem with using speech to protest speech.

• deniselb

You compared his speech to yelling “Fire” in a crowded theater, meaning that it exceeds what is constitutionally protected. But that is not even remotely true.

By all means protest. That’s your right. But protesting and preventing him from being heard by the students who invited him to speak are two different things.

• JeffwithaJ

You advocate shouting him down? These are your critical skills in action? What would you think of people shouting down someone you wanted to hear speak? What if it was someone you thought of as the ultimate super duper greatest defender of all that you believe is good, and they were shouting that person down as a fascist, homophobe, racist, whatever? What would you think of that?
            Yes, Jim, it seems you are a fan of free speech only for those you agree with. That’s not free speech. Shouting people down is like an infantile tantrum.

• NoeValleyJim

I would go home and watch his YouTube video.

• NoeValleyJim

I encourage a health debate, include the raising of one’s voices enthusiastically. If as a result I could not hear a speech by someone I wanted to here, I would go home and watch her speech on YouTube.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

When the intent of one party is to silence the other by shouting over him, that does not qualify as “healthy debate”.
            That’s more correctly censorship
            A fascist thing, don’t ya know.

• NoeValleyJim
          • Nigel McPhearson

FYI. This is more like 1918 when commies tried to take over the country. Guess who rose up to stop them after a ridiculous amount of patience. Also you are in fact allowed to yell anything you want at any darkie you like.

• deniselb

Please show me where Milo incited violence.

I’m not a fan of his, but I have watched a few of his talks on Youtube. I saw ridicule. Ridicule is not incitement to violence. I didn’t see anything even remotely resembling speech that warrants being suppressed. Maybe it’s there. If so, I’d appreciate a link.

I see things going on now that make me fear fascism in this country, but Milo is not one of them.

• Masterlock2020

What you fail to realize is that, without the right to offend, there IS NO FREE SPEECH. That which protects your right to say things I might find objectionable is precisely what protects my right to object. And please don’t conflate such things as shouting “fire” in a crowded theater, or uttering libelous charges against someone with “offensive” speech. If you aren’t enough of a critical thinker to tell the difference, then I feel sorry for you.

• Francis Merde

You have the right to peacfully assemble. That does not include the right to block traffic (especially emergency routes to local hospitals), beat the s*** out of other people, or destroy property that does not belong to you. That’s not a protest, and there is a word for such action…it’s called rioting, and it is a crime.

• Masterlock2020

Your comments are right on-point. NoeValleyJim probably needs a refresher in Orwell. Maybe we could get a donation jar going and buy him the Cliff’s Notes version.

• The_Dadster

NVJ is sticking with the simplistic one line definition of fascism, which is a construct of the American left; meant to marginalize and demonize people. It is a lot more complicated than that.

“Re: Fascism – One common definition of the term focuses on three concepts: the fascist negations of anti-liberalism, anti-communism and anti-conservatism; nationalist authoritarian goals of creating a regulated economic structure to transform social relations within a modern, self-determined culture; and a political aesthetic of romantic symbolism, mass mobilization, a positive view of violence, and promotion of masculinity, youth and charismatic leadership.[25][26][27] According to many scholars, fascism—especially once in power—has historically attacked communism, conservatism and parliamentary liberalism, attracting support primarily from the far right.”

“Fascism was influenced by both left and right, conservative and anti-conservative, national and supranational, rational and anti-rational.[39] A number of historians regard fascism as either a revolutionary centrist doctrine, as a doctrine that mixes philosophies of the left and the right, or as both of those things.[40][41] Fascism was founded during World War I by Italian national syndicalists who drew upon left-wing and right-wing political views.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

• lspanker

Milo Y. is a fascist who hates gays, women, Muslims and immigrants.

Liar. Milo’s biggest crime in your small mind is that he dares bring up subjects that you and your ilk are desperate to avoid because you have no reasoned intelligent argument to offer. Therefore, you spread nonsense and threaten violence, because you’re scared to death that others may listen and make up their own minds.

• NoeValleyJim

Argumentum ad hominem.

• lspanker

Here’s another one for you, Trotsky wanna-be. You brag about being an Army vet. If that’s so, I would really LOVE to see your DD-214. Something tells me with an attitude like yours, you got that Big Chicken Dinner on the way out…

• NoeValleyJim

How would that work? Why would I give you all my personal details? I tell you what, chairborne ranger, if you show me yours, I will you show you mine.

Not only am I Vet, I got an EFMB and Jump Wings. And a couple Article 15s for being a smartass, much like your hero Milo Y.

• lspanker

Tell me about your jumps. What aircraft? Let’s see if you knoweth what you talk about.

• NoeValleyJim

C-130 mostly, a few C-141, one Huey on a “fun jump” at Bragg where I sprained my ankle. 37 in total, mostly mass tac at night, because I was in the 1/505 and we trained hard. No combat though, I was lucky.

• lspanker

Hmm, was a C-141B loadmaster out of Norton, we did CAM/SOLL missions similar to Charleston, although IIRC we seemed to drop a lot of pet rocks out in the desert as well. So what happened in your life that made you so hysterical and hypersensitive?

• NoeValleyJim

I grew up and realized that fascists are trying to take over America. I love my country and will stop these SOBs or die trying. My family deserves better. Fascism is on the march all over the world and if you don’t see it, it is only because you refuse to look. I stand on the side of freedom.

• NoeValleyJim

I got a good Berkeley education and learned to think critically. When did you lose that skill?

• lspanker

You’re kidding, right? I can listen to opposing points of view and not turn into a fascist and start breaking things. Feel free to come back when you have reached that level of intellectual development.

• Sonus

Argumentum ad hominem.

Milo Y. is a fascist who hates gays, women, Muslims and immigrants. He
            stirs up Transphobia and racial animosity wherever he goes. He is worlds
            biggest troll. These are not my opinions, these are facts.

quod erat demonstrandum

• NoeValleyJim

Calling a fascist a fascist is not ad hominem. Go back to the dictionary.

• Sonus

So calling a hypocritical fool a hypocritical fool isn’t ad hom?
            OK.

You’re a hypocritical fool.

hypocrite
            [hip-uh-krit]

noun
            1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

• NoeValleyJim

Do tell then. How have my actions differed from my stated beliefs? Be specific please.

• Sonus

Have you already forgotten my original reply.

Calling someone a fascist, then whining about ad hominems is pretty much the definition of hypocrisy.

What you claim are “facts” ( Milo being a fascist) are strictly your opinion.

Doesn’t matter how much you believe it in your fevered brain, it’s still just an opinion.

• NoeValleyJim

No there are real fascists in the world. Calling a fascist a fascist is not an ad hominem attack. Saying “Mussolini was a fascist” is not ad hominem.

We have a difference of opinion as to whether Milo is a fascist or not, but I have made my case. You have chosen to ignore it, but I made my case.

Using words in their intended way is not hypocritical. The fact that you cannot even have a discussion about the topic without regarding it as a personal attack says a lot. You have built a big fortress of lies around this topic and cannot even have a meaningful discussion about it.

• Sonus

It’s your opinion that Milo is a fascist.

Without concrete evidence it will only be your opinion.

And you are the one who complained about ad hominem attacks.

After engaging in ad hom personal attack.

That’s pretty much the definition of hypocrisy.
            As I posted.

If you want to have a meaningful discussion, you should take a long look in the mirror before accusing others of the very actions you’re engaging in.

• NoeValleyJim
          • Sonus

Alleged pedophile.

But still no concrete proof of fascism.

You do know that pedophilia crosses all political bounds, right?

Google Gerry Studds.

• A Lion in Zion

Look, just because your thought police act by lynch mob doesn’t mean you are violating first amendment rights. If I go about lynching voters like you do with speech, I would be impeding their civil rights. Even though I don’t work for the government.

• JK

The problem is you think you can decide that milo is what you say he is for everyone else. We have laws about speech like you pointed out you can not just yell fire in a movie theater for a joke. If you do not like what he says, peacefully protest lawfully not blocking traffic or have a march and march in the streets lawfully. If you think he has broken hate speech laws then call on the courts dont beat up people trying to see him and destroy property you will eat pepper spray at the least and die at the worst. We the people will not stand for your hate, oppression, violence of any point of view you deem hate. You are not that smart college boy I am 74

• NoeValleyJim

That is exactly what I intend to do, thanks for your suggestion. If he comes to Cal again I will join the students in a peaceful protest.

• JeffwithaJ

No, Jim. You said you were going to shout him down. You were going to go and infringe on the free speech rights of others.

• Nunya Beeswax

Hurling racial epithets at a specific individual qualifies as “fighting words,” and has been excluded by SCOTUS from First Amendment protection. Back to the drawing board with you.

• NoeValleyJim

That is right. Milo does the same thing, thanks for realizing this.

• Maximus300

You have every right to believe what you want about Milo. However, your belief is no excuse for violence and neither are any of the assertions in this series of articles. You and your compatriots have done more damage to your cause because of your violence. Pity your not more tolerant or compassionate.

• A Lion in Zion

Agreed. He has a right to be ignorant. But no right to act on that ignorance and beat women with flag poles.

• NoeValleyJim

I actually agree with this. I have the right protest and shout him down. I don’t have the right to use violence to achieve my aims.

• A Lion in Zion

Do you have the right to go to a movie and shout it down?

• NoeValleyJim

As long as I am willing to live with the consequences.

• A Lion in Zion

Good. As we agree that when the thought police show up to silence a person, they should be hauled off.

• OOTS

NoeValleyJim is a liar, No real vet would play the tough guy on the internet and try to back it up with claims of having jump wings.
            He is just another pathetic wannabe who has an overactive imagination, a classic Walt

• NoeValleyJim

lol, Ft. Benning class of 84-02. Another chairborne ranger insulting Vets.

• A Lion in Zion

Do you believe in blockades to restrict the freedom of movement for Milo’s fans?

• JeffwithaJ

“I have the right protest and shout him down. ”
            But not the right to call yourself liberal.

• You contend that a Gay Jew who lectures in support of free speech is a Fascist?

Climb out of the rabbit hole, sweetheart.

• NoeValleyJim

He is a classic case of a fascist. You only can’t see it because you don’t know his writings and you don’t know history.

• KillerMarmot

I do know history, and a lot about the history of fascism.

Milo is essentially a classic liberal. the polar opposite of a fascist.

• NoeValleyJim

He is a self-described Monarchist. How is that liberal?

• Gary Miller

You apparently didn’t learn what fascism is. Well just to let you know, YOU are a prime example of an authoritarian fascist. Too bad you never opened one of those history books in school or else you would not be acting like you do. Learn how to deal with differing opinions without acting like a child.

• NoeValleyJim

A fascist is:

Ultranationalistic
            Anti-Democratic
            Uses violence, harassment and threats of violence to advance his political causes
            Believes the individual should submit themselves to the will of The State or greater society.

He meets all the criteria and defy you to show otherwise.

• Gary Miller

Ya, the only thing he is on that list is nationalistic. Which you can easily say about any President, person in congress, person in the military, and just anybody who loves this country. Everything else you’ve listed is bull shit that doesn’t even make sense and is obviously not true. I don’t even like Trump, and don’t like having to sound like i do. But you and a lot of people right now need to quit playing your childish identity politics game and learn how to discuss different opinions without resorting to hate mongering and intellectual dishonesty. To learn about fascism you need to read “about” actual fascists through history. It’s probably too late though, it sounds like you’ve been indoctrinated by leftist authoritarians.

• NoeValleyJim

He is a self-described Monarchist and is anti-democratic. It is amazing how little you actually know about him and his beliefs.

• Gary Miller

Also, do I really need to point out that the left has been using violence, harassment and threats of violence to advance their political causes. Just look at all the militant protesters. The left literally espouses everything that you think fascism is. Holy crap man, get your facts straight.

• NoeValleyJim

The overwhelming majority of Hate Crimes reported by the FBI are anti-black. Holy Crap learn what the word “facts” means.

• Gary Miller

What does that even have to do with anything? Don’t try to explain because it doesn’t have anything to do with fascism or Milo. You’re all over the place and you make no sense. You literally don’t know how to interpret any information and it’s caused you to look like an idiot, and a prejudice one too. We can thank the incompetence of people like you on the left for causing a Trump presidency. smh

• NoeValleyJim

How is the left ultranationalistic?

• JeffwithaJ

“How is the left ultranationalistic?”

It’s not. It hates this country? That’s why they are that other type of totalitarian movement it took so long to get rid of.

• SVGirl

Actually, having read your comments thus far, that sounds a lot like you. Just an aside, you claim to be in the majority. I’m just not seeing that. You may be louder, but that’s all.

• NoeValleyJim

Do tell :)

• The_Dadster

Besides ultranationalistic, the rest fits today’s left to a T.

There have many books written on fascism. This is a good summary, beyond the childish one line definitions usually offered up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

• Pat

“Uses violence, harassment and threats of violence to advance his political causes”, sure sounds like what these “protesters” were doing doesn’t it?, so you are actually defining said “protesters” as Fascist!

• NoeValleyJim

You have to have all the requirements to be a fascist.

• NoeValleyJim

No you have to meet all the criteria to be a fascist not just one of them.

• Sargv

Good thing SS sturmfolk troops prevented him from speaking at public forum then!

• Bob Loblaw

reason why it’s impossible to take liberals seriously anymore; Milo, an out and proud gay guy who is balls deep in gay culture, hates gays?

• NoeValleyJim

Yes, since he argue against gay rights, wants gays back in the closet and thinks that gay men should be bullied into marrying straight women. You can be gay and homophobic too.

• BigJimSlade

Maybe you could offer some quotes to back up your repeated claims?

• NoeValleyJim

I just did, go look at my link to Brietbart.com.

• A Lion in Zion

Milo? Closet? Surely you aren’t thinking for yourself.

• NoeValleyJim

You are not a very careful reader.

• A Lion in Zion

You said that. Quote what he has said that requires violence. Even the thought police should have to offer some evidence.

• NoeValleyJim

I never said it required violence. Quote where I did. You are just making things up here, along with being a very poor reader.

• A Lion in Zion

Quote what he said that is so dangerous that he has to be silenced.

• Bob Loblaw

except that he doesn’t do any of those things

• NoeValleyJim
      • deniselb

The First Amendment only applies to the government, but freedom of speech is a larger principle, and a fundamental value of the United States. As places dedicated to intellect and knowledge, universities should hold this as a fundamental value as well, even private universities. If they don’t then they have lost sight of their reason for being.

• Golfschatzi Poodle

Lol, Milo hates gays? He *is* gay. Tell me you knew?

• *, it does not apply to a private actors requirement to listen to it.*

Exactly. You don’t have to go to any particular event, watch whatever channel or program where it’s being broadcast. You needn’t leave your house and can turn off whatever power to whatever device.

I fail to see how property damage or assaulting individuals falls under “a requirement to listen to it.”

If I don’t want to hear your voice, I can punch you in the face?

*If you are under the mistaken belief that you can say any nonsense you like without consequences, I challenge you go to up to the biggest dark skinned person you can find and start hurling racial epithets.*

You are not what you are called, you are what you answer to. I have far more respect for the black person that can laugh off “racial epithets” than one that resorts to violence.

Would any of your kind “get what you deserve” if a “fxckxng white male” heard that bs about privilege one too many times and gave you a first-hand experience of “white power?”

Of course not. Morality is relative and subjective, your ethics are not constant. You have no principles.

*Milo Y. is a fascist who hates gays, women, Muslims and immigrants.*

Milo is a gay jew that likes black men.

That is a fact.

*But I am also a UCB Grad and Army Veteran and I will not stand aside and watch fascists take over our country and remove our freedoms without a fight.*

You are the fascist. You are standing with the fascists.

• JeffwithaJ

Jim,
        The university is government. No one was being forced to attend Milo’s speech. He was invited by the college Republicans. The university had a duty to uphold their first amendment rights as well as to uphold law and order on the campus.

You should really check out Dave Rubin’s show on youtube. One of his guests in Milo Y. They have an entire conversation about his positions. It’s much better to listen, then call names and throw around “facts.” I’m not even defending the guy, except to the extent you have it wrong, only his right to be heard and questioned and criticized in civil discourse, not burned at the stake for heresy. BTW, he is gay.

I’m a UCB grad too, and thank you for your army service.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Silencing someone is not the same as “not listening”
        Fascists such as yourself, have a hard time understanding the difference.

In a civil society, non-fascist individuals hew to the rule:
        “I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
        Fascists like you, on the other hand, operate to the rule
        “If I don’t like what you’re saying, I’ll use any means, including your death to silence you..”

The above difference between civilized people and fascists like you, has been demonstrated throughout history.

Also unlike you, Milo is NOT a fascist, for the simple reason that he has no problems with idiots like you speaking out.
        As a matter of fact, he wants idiots like you speaking out.
        Because with your words and actions, you clearly demonstrate who the real fascsists are.
        And it’s not Milo.

You should take to heart the saying from Pogo.
        “We have seen the enemy. And it is us..”

• NoeValleyJim

You shouldn’t use big words you don’t know the meaning of. Fascism isn’t what you think it is.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Oh, and since I’m a nice guy and prefer debating with informed people
            Start your education about fascism here.
            This is a good primer for ignorati such as you

• NoeValleyJim

Words are defined in the dictionary, not by random YouTube videos. Try again.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Well, I did say it was a primer.
            Which is usually more involved than an simple dictionary.

But I’m willing to operate at your much lower level.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Fascism.html

Then there is
            https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism
            “often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.”
            (sounds a lot like most socialist regimes.)

————————-

Trump doesn’t qualify because:
            1) He wants to DEcentralize and DEregulate
            – instead of a “centralized autocratic government”
            – and “severe economic and social regimentation”
            2) He has no problems delegating authority and responsiblity
            – as opposed to being a “dictatorial leader”
            3) He has no need to “forcible suppression of opposition” since the left is doing that as at UC Berkeley.

• NoeValleyJim

So I read your video, do you still claim that I am a fascist?

It is actually pretty well done and well informed, but does not really define what a fascist is.

Here is my definition:

1) Ultranationalistic
            2) Believes that the individual should subsume their will to the greater good (The State or Society)
            3) Is opposed to Democracy
            4) Uses violence to achieve political aims

I am none of those things. Also, Milo is certainly 2, 3 and 4, according to a plain reading of his writings and ideas. He may or may not be #1. His close friend and political ally Steven Bannon is #1, but I don’t see evidence that Milo himself is.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

1) You can’t “read” a video, bub.

2) You might want to actually do some reading on the people mention in the first 3 minutes, particularly those mentionned as formulators of the ideology.

3) Your claim about Milo is PURE IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY.

3a) I doubt that you have the ability to do “plain reading”. Your prejudices prevent that.

4) Ditto regarding Steve bannon.

I surely would NOT call you a fascist.
            I would call you the term that Lenin used..
            “Useful idiot”

• NoeValleyJim

You know you have you won the debate when the other side has nothing but ad hominem attacks left to defend their position.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

When you finally figure out what an “ad hominem” is..
            You just come on back to join us,,

See ya.

• NoeValleyJim

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

Urberto Eco has a much more nuanced and authentic understanding of Fascism. It always amuses me when Conservatives try to claim that Fascism is a form of Socialism. Such attempts to airbrush history don’t really flatter your claimed commitment to historical accuracy.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

In the first part of the 20th Century, fascism was the term used to describe “National Socialism”, as opposed to Communism (International Socialist) and the other variants like Bolshevism, Trotskyism, etc.

As stated, you need to study up some more on history.

• Mojoman_XXXL

Is this article serious? There’s no white privilege. Only brown heads that keep whining about being supposedly oppressed whereas in fact they are underachieving because of a lower average IQ. Tough luck. Go crawl under a rock and kill yourself.

• Abby L.

Are you serious? Brown people are underachieving because of a lower average IQ? Do you really believe that our society is so flawlessly meritocratic that life circumstances don’t affect people’s outcomes but their IQs do? I should remind you that even white, male geniuses that are born into terrible poverty and terrible family situations do not generally go on to earn advanced degrees and occupy the upper echelons of our society.

• Marc

“Look — no one actually wants to protest.”

Ha. I think that would be one of those “alternative facts” I hear about these days.

• KillerMarmot

“Violence as self defense”

“Op-ed: Check you privilege when speaking of protests”

“Op-Ed: Violence helped ensure safety of students”

“Op-Ed: Black bloc did what campus should have”

“Op-Ed: Condemning protestors same as condoning hate speech”

A series of articles all condoning or excusing the use of violence to shut down those you disagree with. Unbelievable.

Do you appreciate the importance of individual freedom and the rule of law in civil society? Do you have a clue what harvest your violent intolerance for opposing viewpoints will reap? You live in one of the most desirable societies that has ever existed in the history of mankind, and you defecate all over this liberal inheritance in favor of thuggery and fascism. You are the worst of fools.

• Arafat

“A series of articles all condoning or excusing the use of violence to shut down those you disagree with. Unbelievable.”

Of course the administration is principally responsible for these articles, an administration that creates a student body and a professorial staff that encourages this. In order of responsibility it is the administration, then the professors and then the brainwashed students like Nisa.

• Jay Beswick

In recent years, some actions by BAMN have been classified by the U.S Government to be terrorism. The American Civil Liberties Union reported that the FBI placed BAMN on a terrorist list. According to the FBI, the group’s protests were discussed in a meeting about alleged links to terrorist organizations. In response to the monitoring of BAMN and other nonviolent groups, the Executive Director of Michigan’s ACLU Kary Moss said that the FBI “posed a ‘threat to legitimate dissent.'”

• lspanker

What a crock. It’s filthy thugs like ANTIFA and BAMN who pose the real threat, yet you’re too stupid and consumed with your own hatred to realize it.

• Jay Beswick

Agreed! I provided intell to DHS after the Sacramento riots. Until June 26th 2016, I had no idea who BAMN was. Since I have a list of donors, every facebook BAMN member and 10,000 pages of chatting. Yvette needs to be in prison! She uses students to engineer riots.

• magormissabib

They commit acts of aggression against people for imaginary offenses like the Nazis did to the Jews, all the while calling others Nazis. The irony

• 4TimesAYear

Political correctness = fascism.

• End The Madness

It does not = fascism. It = annoying. It = myopic. It = hyperbole. It does not = the murder of ideas and millions of people.

• john

Nice try. Consider the root of the term PC, and think about the effects of the Cultural Revolution on the Chinese. Try again.

• Spacewarp

Fascism isn’t about the murder of ideas and millions of people. It’s about the control of the people through nationalizing industries (Hmmmm…. Healthcare or energy anyone?) and using violence to suppress the opposition. Especially when out of power.

• End The Madness

Nationalizing industries is not necessarily specific to fascism — it’s one of many aspects — with mass murder as the primary one.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Here’s a simple primer of where fascism is on the scale relative to other types of government.
            http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment

You’re confusing between the thing and what results from the thing
            Communism has resulted in far more mass murder than fascism.

• End The Madness

Ah yes the highly rigorous “Random Video” section of Wimp.com. Let’s deconstruct this shall we?

My original post responded to this:

“Political correctness = fascism.”

I responded with this:

“It does not = fascism. It = annoying. It = myopic. It = hyperbole. It does not = the murder of ideas and millions of people.”

Someone responded with this:

“Fascism isn’t about the murder of ideas and millions of people. It’s about the control of the people through nationalizing industries (Hmmmm…. Healthcare or energy anyone?) and using violence to suppress the opposition. Especially when out of power.”

I responded with this:

“Nationalizing industries is not necessarily specific to fascism — it’s one of many aspects — with mass murder as the primary one.”

Hence you:

“Here’s a simple primer of where fascism is on the scale relative to other types of government.

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment

Communism has resulted in far more mass murder than fascism.”

You got “simple” right at least.

I am not confused at all. Political correctness does not equal fascism. Nor does nationalization of industries.

Fascism is uniquely predicated on the confluence of a strong cult of personality, the formation of the “other,” the eradication of the other by any means necessary, the developing of a strong military industrial complex to accomplish that task, racial/cultural superiority cults, global conquest and extortion, and extreme hyper Nationalism.

Communism or more appropriately Marxist Totalitarianism shares some similarities with Fascism, but diverges pretty significantly in other ways.

As for death toll…yes Communism wins. What that had to do with anything I was responding to I don’t know.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Repeating yourself like an idiot parrot just makes you repetitive.

By the way, your definition of fascism covers just about ANY dictatorship, including communist ones.
            Love those oversize statues and images of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro, etc.

• End The Madness

“By the way, your definition of fascism covers just about ANY dictatorship, including communist ones.”

No fascism further diverges itself significantly from Communism with it’s:

– incorporation of a divine intervention belief,
            – coupled with the bizarre synthesis of the occult,
            – a fascination with ancient history as an archetype for modernity,
            – and scientific racism as a primary mover.

In the case of the Italians it was more a cultural superiority rather than purely scientific racism (except for Algeria) but the other aspects were prominent — albeit not near as fanatically as in Germany.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Oh puulleeeeeze
            Stop pulling the brown stuff out of your fundament.

As for “feelings of superiority”, you just have to read so-called progressives in these comments to see how they’re constantly harping on how superior they are to the rednecks.

It’s that same feeling of superiority which the Bolsheviks used to decimate their opponents, the Stalinists to eliminate the kulaks, or send to the gulags and mental hospitals the dissidents. The same sense of superiority by which Castro and his lapdog Guevara justified killing more people per capita that the Communists in the Soviet.
            Or Pol Pot used to justify the killing fields.
            The list is endless.

You’re trying to argue that the exception makes the rule.
            It doesn’t
            The MAJORITY OF SIMILARITIES makes the rule. And the differences are what differentiate the variants.

• End The Madness

“As for “feelings of superiority”, you just have to read so-called progressives in these comments to see how they’re constantly harping on how superior they are to the rednecks.”

Actually I know many smart rednecks — being myself from the South — I consider myself one among many.

“It’s that same feeling of superiority which the Bolsheviks used to decimate their opponents, the Stalinists to eliminate the kulaks, or send to the gulags and mental hospitals the dissidents. The same sense of superiority by which Castro and his lapdog Guevara justified killing more people per capita that the Communists in the Soviet.
            The list is endless.”

The slippery slope logical fallacy but really mostly an ad hominem. I’m no mass murderer you fu$%ing cu%t.

“You’re trying to argue that the exception makes the rule.
            It doesn’t.”

I was doing no such thing. I was explaining to you the difference between subtypes of Totalitarian regimes — WHICH ARE DIFFERENT IN SIGNIFICANT WAYS.

Just read Hannah Arendt and William L. Shirer — you’ll figure it out. Keep the wimp.com stuff in the closet — just sayin.’

Yee haw!!

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

You’re confused.
            I’m not your mother.
            And you really shouldn’t call her a “fu$%ing cu%t”
            Even though, that’s exactly what she was to produce you.
            Did you ever know your dad ?
            Or was he one o a long list of nameless, faceless dicks ?

Back to the shit-pile with you, you nym-changing troll.

• End The Madness

S&$t man you’re stickier than a crab on your memaw’s cooter.

You stink like the taint of a preachers daughter.

Well sh&tballs in a hand basket, you’re awneryer than yer mom when a client don’t pay.

Speakin of cooters, when they pulled you out yer memaw yelled “stick it back in!, stick it back in! I don’t want no possum babies.”

When you were a kid they fed you hushpuppies to keep you barking.

What’s the difference between you and a pile o dog sh&t? You got a comb over.

Sh^t man! I can keep this goin’ allllll dammmmnnn day!

• john

Attila, you know that I am with you in principle, right? Today I am in a good mood. Sometimes a break away from the internet can be restful. I understand your frustration. I think you have seen me lose my temper, too. This person thinks that fancy verbal fencing wins arguments. Isn’t that sad? While I find him to be contemptible, I also have given up on trying to have a meaningful discussion with people like him. Commentary usually involves willingness to compromise. He is not interested in compromising, is he?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

You’re quite right.
            I’ve directed any of his comments to the trash.

It’s a shame that disqus doesn’t have a better control of the trolls who keep coming back under new nyms.
            Some are pretty obvious
            Others not so much.

But I found that the majority are always hiding their history.

• john

I have been repeatedly told by libs that the liberal left are superior in intelligence, in education, and in morality. Too bad they cannot display those behaviors as much as they claim them. They also claim financial superiority , even when They have no idea to whom they are speaking.

• Chief Presiding Judge

“political correctness” is a right-wing buzzword used to refer to anything conservatives disagree with.

• 4TimesAYear

Straw man argument. Political correctness is a real thing, unlike the things that lefties come up with It’s actually what lefties do when they require people to use certain language – as in I can’t call Bruce Jenner Bruce any more because he’s supposedly a woman when his chromosomes say otherwise. It’s requiring people to go along with different labels for people. It’s no longer being able to express an opposing viewpoint because lefties are offended and call it hate speech and shut us down. It’s not being able to use certain words because you don’t like them. It’s not being able to use what you deem offensive language. Sorry, but you don’t have that right to determine what language I can or can’t use. That’s fascism.

• Karen Bayer

You mean like …
            Colleges insisting they call males and females… “Zee” ??
            Do you know what you look like to the rest of us?

• War is peace

Political correctness was orginally a term used by socialists to desribe communists who blindly followed the party line. I hope your definition of right wing isn’t anything right of stalin

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Sure he does..

• cargosquid

Well, conservatives disagree with attempts to control free speech, with the attempts to change meanings of words to fit a liberal agenda, with attempts to bully and harass people to “compromise,” with attempts to physically harm people to advance the progressive agenda.

So…I guess you might be right.

• john

Have you read LIBERAL FASCISM? I agree with your evaluation. l suggest rereading Orwell’s 1984, and the appendix on Newspeak. View it through the lens of Political Correctness, and see how scary it is.

• cargosquid

Well…that IS what brownshirts do to their enemies.

• Chief Presiding Judge

Yeah. Definitely not the right-wing thugs all across the country and in more positions of power. Look the other way…

• Spacewarp

Since the election, there have been less than 2 dozen proven incidents of people on the right committing acts of violence against people on the left. There have been over 400 false accusations (including many arrests) for claimed acts of violence or bullying or intimidation from the left against members of the right. Swastikas drawn, fake KKK news announcements, etc.

Since the election, there have been over 2000 acts of violence from people on the left, committing acts of violence against those on the right. Take the brutal beating of the man in Chicago during a traffic incident. Take the 23 assaults on the night of the “DeploraBall” that at least one was a baseball bat to the back of the head of a woman who happened to be leaving a celebration. Take the inauguration, where there were 60 people arrested for assaults and rioting. The list goes on and on.

• A Lion in Zion

How is BAMN nonviolent?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

When people from BAMN espouse or excuse violence, then they in effect qualify as a violent group.
          http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/06/27/sacramento-bamn-violent-leftist-behind-bloody-sunday-words/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/06/radical-berkeley-anti-milo-protest-leader-no-regrets/

Some people may delude themselves.
          But if the violence escalates, there will be consequences.

• magormissabib

The FBI is investigating the riots and after some of them wind up in jail maybe they will wake up. Pretending or imagining that people are a threat to you is paranoia. When your paraniod delusions cause you to become violent, we have placed for you

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

So where do you get off thinking that other people cannot be a threat to you ?
            What paranoid delusions are you babbling about ?

By the way, just for the record, I’ve had 2 DGUs (Defensive Gun Uses) over the last 12 years.
            Had I not been armed, I would have been a victim of crime not once but twice.

So, it’s not pretending that SOME people can be a threat to you and yours.
            Here are some examples with a touch of what you call “paranoid delusions” were verified.
            https://bearingarms.com/category/guns-saving-lives/

So, according to you, all the people who had successful DGUs, are paranoid and became violent because of paranoid delusions ?

The only one delusional here, is you.

• natashaxe

because you’re armed people see you as a threat since I’m not armed no one sees me as a threat. Using critical thinking it is possible to empathize with other people who have different points of view

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

That is such ignorant prejudice, it’s actually pathetic

1) Most people don’t know I’m armed.
            2) I carry concealed, so again, there is no way for most people to know I’m armed
            3) Because of the laws on concealed-carry where I lived, I had to notify the school prinicpal that I was armed.
            Never had ANY problems going on ALL of my children’s field trips.
            Even those which had multiple overnights.

In your specific case, it’s impossible to use critical thinking when operating on presumptions and prejudice instead of facts.
            In cases such as yours, the GIGO (Garbage In – Garbage Out) factor kicks in and rules the results.

Your last nonsense phrase:
            ” Using critical thinking it is possible to empathize with other people who have different points of view”
            is also presumptuous nonsense that suggests
            – that only you are using “critical thinking”
            – and thus only you empathize with other people with differing views.
            Arrogance and hubris rule on that one.

• john

Around here, people do not know who is armed and who is not. It is quite a deterrent to criminal assault. The cops treat everyone courteously saying that they believe that almost everyone is armed. Unless you are carrying openly, why would anyone see a threat? I am an overweight elderly easy-going guy, who carries concealed. If they see me coming out of a Trump rally and attack me based on that, they just would not guess I was armed. If they assaulted me, then we could discuss them being afraid. I think your reasoning is faulty. I see the rioters as wannabe bullies, who are confident they can bet away with their practices. They are smart enough not to try that here. There could be immediate negative consequences, which is the best way to change their behavior. The bullies do not use critical thinking.

• tekwrite

I do not wish it but it will happen soon. THUGS will attack someone smart enough to be CARRYING.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Per the CDC in it’s 2014 report to the White House, there are between 500,000 and 3,000,000 DGUs (Defensive Gun Uses) Annually.

What you don’t wish happens on a daily basis.
            Most is considered trivial enough by the intended victim to not be worth reporting to police.
            In my cases, one of my friends, a retired Police Chief, suggested that reporting it would be a waste of time, since I didn’t have a good enough description of the perps, and that the case was so low priority that it would be cold filed instants after it was reported.

• magormissabib

Its true, they are criminals and their wake up call is coming, sooner or later.

• magormissabib

You are missing the point they are using actual physical violence against people because they believe that these people pose a threat to them when they do not. That is paranoia. Milo posed no danger to the people at berkely

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Then you didn’t make your point properly.
            The rioters were Neither pretending nor imagining that Milo or those who wanted to see him were a physical threat to anyone.
            The rioters showed up to have a riot.
            It was a criminal act with criminal intent (mens rea).

• PhaseV

>”The rioters were Neither pretending nor imagining that Milo or those who wanted to see him were a physical threat to anyone”
            That’s EXACTLY what the rioters were doing, Sparky. The rioters claimed that Milo’s words are either “violence” themselves (!) and/or that Milo “incites” violence. Did you even read the articles on Daily Californian in DEFENSE of riots, where the far-left authors claim that Milo’s speech is somehow “violent”?

• magormissabib

Calling people Nazis is a rationalization for violence. Nazis did bad things.

• magormissabib

Youre still missing the point. They rationalize their violence by asserting that those that disagree with them are ‘Nazis’ and are a danger to them.

• cargosquid

I think you and Phase and magor….

might actually be arguing the same thing and talking past each other.

• cargosquid

I think you and Attila might be on the same side and not realize it, by reading both.

• magormissabib

Im not sure if he is saying that expressing opinions is discrimination or not.

• cargosquid

He isn’t.
            I think he missed what you were saying, about the snowflakes rationalizing by saying that they were “threatened.”

• PhaseV

Child, no one is saying that others cannot be a physical threat to you. What people are saying is that the left-wing fascists in Berkeley SPECIFICALLY are NOT physically threatened by Milo nor Milo / Trump supporters, despite their claims. Left-wing fascists claim physical threat where there is NONE because they want to shut down speech they oppose. They justify their violence not with anything that exists in objective reality, by concocting imaginary, hypothetical scenarios in their own minds and responding to them, not reality.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Baby, go back I read what I responded to and what my response one

Then grow out of your diaper before you try to hang with adults.

• PhaseV

>”go back I read”
            >”what my response one”
            Sweetie, your phrasing make no sense in English. Learn to put words together in such a way that others can understand them. I already read what you wrote, pumpkin, and I found your argumentation off-topic. You’re arguing that “people can be a threat”. No one’s contesting it, child. Instead, focus on the essence of the debate: 1) the left-wingers are under NO physical threat, 2) all their “threats” are imagined, 3) yet they use it to justify actual violence. Get it now, munchkin?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Turd, why don’t you go troll someone else.

• PhaseV

Sweetie, I presented you with arguments. Are you able to process them, follow their logic and respond coherently to the points I make?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Strawmen don’t count
            Keep trying, troll.

• PhaseV

What “strawmen”, child? Are you arguing with voices in your head?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Interesting that you denigrate people by calling them “child”, and implying that they hearing voices

What are you compensating for ?
            Are you so desperate to be considered an adult ?
            Are you so bereft of intelligent argument ?

You poor little thing.

• PhaseV

You’re hearing voices, sparky, because you throw around terms like “strawmen” without EXPLAINING what EXACTLY do you mean by that. Get it? Explain to me which SPECIFIC argument is a “strawman”. Can you do this? All my posts above contain arguments, pumpkin, which you either don’t read or are unable to process. Do you even grasp the main point I made? No one is arguing that people cannot be threatened, only that the UC Berkeley leftists were not physically threatened during the riots. Do you grasp what this English sentence means? Is English your second language?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Oh, now it’s “sparky”, is it ?

And I’m amazed at your keen hearing, to be able to hear the voices I allegedly hear ?
            Did you even consider working for the NSA as a listening station ?

And why do you need to have the concept of a strawman, as in strawman argument, explained to you ?
            After all you claim to be so much more superior, intelligent and educated, not to mention able to head voices in other people’s heads.
            You should have no problems hearing what those alleged voices are saying.

As to the nonsense claim that UCB leftists being threatened.
            Where is the evidence ?
            Fantasies and voices in YOUR head don’t count.

Actually, English is my Second language, French, is my third, Russian is my fourth (but I’ve lost most of it for lack of use)
            No need to mention Latin and Ancient Greek, also lost for lack of use.
            Although the Latin came in useful with a very old priest in South America many years back.
            That alone made it worthwhile having to translate Julius Caesar’s The Conquest of Gaul.

So tell us, oh educated one..
            How many languages do you speak, read and write ?

And since you consider yourself so superior, why are you so inferior as to need to denigrate those you consider less than you ?
            Could it be you are suffering from an inferiority complex ?
            Mmmmm..

• PhaseV

Skippy, I didn’t ask for the concept of a “strawman” to be explained. I asked you to justify which SPECIFIC aspect of MY argument is a “strawman” and WHY. Do you grasp the difference? Yes, sweetie, now you’re finally beginning to catch on: UCB leftists were NOT threatened. That’s the WHOLE point. Your long-winded original argument that people “can be a threat in general” does NOT apply to situation when people are NOT actually threatened (like UCB). This makes your entire long-winded argument about “threats” a giant waste of time because NO ONE was debating it. Do you now grasp what I’ve told you 5 times already before it finally clicked? Does everything need to be explained 5 times to you before you grasp it?
            Listing languages is irrelevant because it doesn’t change the one fact that actually matters: English is your 2nd language which prevents you from comprehending what is being said and wasting time debating things no one argues. THIS is what matters here.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

And now you’re at “skippy”
            Poor baby..
            You really do have an inferirority complex

Come on back when your mommy gave you some big boy pants
            We’ll talk then.

• PhaseV

I’ll go slowly, one item at a time. I asked you to justify which SPECIFIC aspect of MY argument is a “strawman” and WHY. Where’s your explanation?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Slow down some more.
            You lost ANY credibility with me when you went into your “child, skippy, etc” mode.

Your only option is to piss off.

• PhaseV

In simple English: you’re unable to explain how my argument is a “strawman”. You use this word to sound “smart”, but in reality you have no idea how (and if) it applies to my argument. Where are you from BTW? Albania? Hungary? What’s your native language? Why do list all the languages you claim to know, EXCEPT your native one? What are you ashamed of?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

In simple English, you’re a stupid troll.

And I’m not accountable to some internet troll

You are dismissed.

• PhaseV

Wait, actually your name may be Turkish. Are you a swarthy, Gypsy-looking Turk? Isn’t Turkey the place that won’t ever get into EU since Turks are considered subhuman dirt bags by Europeans? Are you Muslim, chippy?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

So what’s the name of your bridge, troll ?

• NoeValleyJim

Here is a suggestion: don’t feed the trolls. Blocking them works quite well.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

That’s why he was dismissed.

• john

You should be ashamed of yourself. You even lack the ability to recognize how arrogant and ignorant your behavior is.

• john

Cease the name-calling and condescension. It reflects poorly on you.

• john

B*U*L* L*S*H*I*T* You rare displaying ignorance, condescension, and arrogance. The only effect your words have is to make you look like an I*D*I*O*T.

• PhaseV

Insult content: 100%
            Argument content: 0%

• john

This is me laughing at you.

• PhaseV

Still no arguments :)

• That was a very well-reasoned, intellectually brilliant debating point. Leftists: you know they’ve lost when they go ad hominem.

• Spacewarp

O.K. Slow it down. You’re attacking someone who is on the same side as you. Amazing. We’ve been so abused by the left that literally anyone says something that isn’t exactly the way we’re wanting it said, we’re responding. Stop.

• John Crawford

You don’t do a very credible job of cut/paste, do you. He did not write what you wrote.
            Semper fi

• PhaseV

Ever heard of the edit function? I quoted his original wording.

• magormissabib

You changed the topic

• The Oatmeal Savage

How are words a physical threat to you?

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Where did I state that words are a physical threat to me ?

• The Oatmeal Savage

Read your post.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

You have a choice
            Cite me or piss off.

• The Oatmeal Savage

Awwwwww

• The Oatmeal Savage

“So where do you get off thinking that other people cannot be a threat to you ?”

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

You’re not very smart if you imagine that

‘”So where do you get off thinking that other people cannot be a threat to you ?”
            means
            “..words are a physical threat to you”

I was talking about “threat”
            I did not specify that it was “words”
            Actually, I did not specify the nature of the threat.

Learn to read before you continue demonstrating your educational shortcoming.

• Spacewarp

Actually, it was the nutcase who wrote the article who claimed that Milo’s words were violence.

Atilla was saying that those who are threatening are literally threatening to cross the line to him taking the action of defending himself. And he’s right. I go out and down the street and someone attacks me for my views, and they just yell, I’m going to talk to them and explain their mistakes (and they are, truly, in supporting the left, making critical thinking mistakes). If they take violent action, their life is forfeit. Period. I have seen the assaults and know the next time, the violence could easily be fatal. So, I will act accordingly.

• Joshua Dumont
          • The Oatmeal Savage

Great article.
            She is someone who is grateful for the opportunities she had in America.

• magormissabib

People can be a threat but pertaining the Berleley ‘protests’ over Milos speech , there was no threat except in the minds of paranoid kooks who cant tell the difference between ideas and actual violence. You absolutely have the natural right to defend yourslef when there is an actual immediate and imminent threat. But claiming ideas pose a threat and then justifying “punching a nazi” etc is not it.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Glad you clarified that.
            It was not what came across the first comment I responded to.

• cargosquid

I think that there might be friendly fire. I think he was talking about the rioters feeling threatened by words.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

The rioters came there specifically to riot and change what really was an across the street protest.
            When the black-clad sqadistri showed up, masked and armed with bricks, tear-gas and bats, that’s when trouble began.

• cargosquid

Right…and the rioters complained about feeling threatened as their rationale.

• john

hat a laugh, in a sad way, cargo.

• john

The FBI, a threat to legitimate dissent. What an unbelievable crock of h8rsesh8t.

• Jay Beswick

Pastebin is a good source for BAMN members, its donor list, its Facebook members list, its social network planning of protests and a how to, for escalating the protest in to a riot. Arguing here is pointless. Apologist for these demonstrations have a political objective and inflate their ego’s by setting opposition straight. If you have evidence and direct dialog with DHS or the FBI, then your voice has impact. The above I did not generate, but I have had dialog with police, sheriff and DHS. Instead of arguing here, its more constructive to search BAMN members social networks and links to other radical factions. Dissing me or others who see the resist movement as counter productive only breaks down the Democratic agenda and union donors who financially support groups like “By Any Means Necessary” (BAMN). Acting out scares Independents more than Trump and both RNC & DNC haven’t got a clue to how much distrust 50% of voters had in either party, to elect Trump. No matter how crude or dislikeable Trump is, he is seen as the better alternative. Vote over tomorrow and he would get more votes. Vote over in a year and the number would increase. Acting out scares middle America, resist movement, BLM, BAMN, AntiFA, are all to far left, even for many Democrats. Arguing in social media only helps the pro Trump movement.

• Silence Dogood

Not the current administration, maybe the previous one that never said a word against the violence.

• Wabbit

Yawn. Right-wing trolls – you’re boring! Get a life.

• Booyeah

Yawn. Left-wing fascists. – you’re stupid! Get a job.

• KillerMarmot

You consider a defense of free speech and a denouncement of violence as a political tactic as “right wing”, do you? Extreme right wing or moderate right wing?

• S4T

It is right wing. There is no room for peaceful dissent on the left any longer

— A Former Democrat

• KillerMarmot

Well, let’s agree it’s not left wing. Liberty has been a dirty word there for some time.

• chizwoz

Unfortunately free speech pretty much is right-wing nowadays. The Left has become cancerous.

• theciscoshow

Trolls? Was this article anything but trolling for conservatives. You might want to be careful becoming violent with some conservatives, we may return the favor and remember, most gun owners are indeed conservative. You bed wetting leftist pantywaists need to check yourselves, #becarefulwhatyouwishfor

• krass81

Your guns could as well be pea shooters hillbilly. We control the technology, which in a few short years will turn you all into functional monkeys….with your pea shooters. You lost the First Civil war for the same reason, high on enthusiasm and racism, low on intelligence and technology.

• Typhoon

Democrats lost the last Civil War, and they’re sure to lose the next one as well.

• krass81

The South lost the war, destroyed by the North (mostly New England). Before FDR the South Was the Democrats and the North was the Republicans. After FDR, that switched. Here’s is a comparison of the electoral pattern in 1897 compared with a modern one.

http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/published/reversal2.pdf

Look at Figure 1. The data is public domain and trivially reproduced, even by someone like you. The Lincoln Republicans are the Modern Democrats.

• The_Dadster

Lincoln Republicans are collectivists?

• krass81

Lincoln Republicans were the Northerners and since they are now mostly Democrat And didn’t all migrate from the south so…..
            Conversely the southern democrats opposed Lincoln and now Southerners are mostly(all?) Republicans .
            So unless a mass migration happened over a few decades, they just changed names.

• Eric Lucero

I love how liberals love to sweep the ugly past of Democrats under the rug by making up this nonsense about how the two parties switched sides. Why defend your revolting history when you can just make up a bold faced lie that it belonged to your opposition instead?

• krass81

If Southerners were almost all Democrats before 1950 and Southerners are all Republicans today (and the opposite in the case of the New Englanders), what does that imply? Did they all migrate to each other’s lands or did they just change parties? Basic inference idiot.
            Come on, even one with your minuscule brain can manage this.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Well.
            That’s the simplistic explanation for simpletons.
            But you do realize that NOT THE SAME PEOPLE are members of either party 50 years apart.
            So the people who were Repbub or Dems 50 years ago are NOT the SAME people who are Repubs or Dems today.
            So NO, they did NOT switch parties
            NEW people chose their OWN allegiances..

And in the South, they got smart
            And in the North, they got liberal, which apparently is the same as stupid

Maybe you need to study up.
            http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386257/myth-republican-racism-mona-charen
            https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/Debunking-the-Myth-GOP-and-Democrats-Switched-Positions-on-Race

• krass81

Pretty desperate stuff dude, like your references. Here’s an obvious alternative view.
            Civil Rights act 1965 voting
            House
            Union: 281 of 313. Confederacy : 8 of 102
            Senate
            Union: 72 of 78. Confederacy: 1 out of 12

My point is that Democrats and Republicans are just Names, the important determinant is geography(or culture), I.e. South or North (Confederacy or the Union). ‘Democrats’ and ‘Republicans’ are not invariant across time whereas Union and Confederacy (South/North) are (minus cities)

This makes sense right? Civil rights and desegregation were in effect in most parts of the Union before 1965. But in almost no part of the Confederacy. So of course they would vote to preserve their respective cultures.

TODAY, Democrats are mostly from the Union and Republicans mostly from the Confederacy.

This is getting embarrassing. Please let it go.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Totally irrelevant side-step that does NOT disprove my point.

And there is NO ONE “for the confederacy” moron.
            The Confederacy was dead in 1865.
            That’s 152 years ago.

Get a clue.

.

The one who should be embarrassed is you for that classic demonstration of intellectual dishonesty.

• krass81

Sigh. You have a nice day.

• krass81

Also culture is very very hard to let go and survives for generations. I suggest reading David Hackett Fisher’s Albion Seed. He is center right in politics but the book is apolitical and a brilliant foray into Cultural History of America.
            I was born and raised in Tennessee btw and visit periodically. I think I know them people pretty darn well.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Beside the point.

• Nigel McPhearson

Haha. The left thinks they’ll win a Dirty War here. Hahahahaha. OMG my sides.
            I can’t even.

• krass81

There will be no war. Its like expecting monkeys to somehow organize, declare war on humans and win with their finely crafted sticks. An intelligence gulf is insurmountable. And you monkeys will not see that until its too late. But if your delusions make you happy, so be it!

• Nigel McPhearson

Lol. When was the last time you walked more than 2 miles or used a firearm? Do you even lift brah?
            You kids with your ’68 red guard revolution fantasies are hilarious.

• krass81

What revolution? I am taking about the secession of California. These Black clad idiots are just that. We are the technological hub of the world on the cusp of a massive AI revolution. Your guns are useless. (I grew up shooting, stupid, in Tennessee and am a hillbilly by birth, but have been long out of that place) And lifting is important why? Because its the meatheads who rule the world….Monkey is clueless.

• Nigel McPhearson

Nerd thinks his magic computer is the next big thing.
            News at 11.
            Cali ain’t going anywhere. If they did la raza would soon be running things and you Silicon Valley kids will be busy trying not to get car jacked.
            Brazil del Norte
            You’re the classic white anti white. Didn’t do well as a nerd in Appalachia and lack the character to grow from that so you harbor bitter techno revenge fantasies as you virtue signal about being better than those hillbillies.
            Sad.
            If you lifted you’d get your T levels up, walk straighter and think clearer. Maybe even cast off your petty bitterness and grow out of your resentment of Americans.

• krass81

Revenge? Stop projecting, halfwit. We don’t Care about you. Your irrelevance is a given.

• Nigel McPhearson

Yeah about that.
            I think we just proved that heritage America is quite relevant.
            please please try and secede. I double dare you with a cherry on top.

• Adam Hershman

Wow…really? Where is it you plan to get water from? Oh wait you control the technology centers…that haven’t figured out an economical or efficient way to desalinate water. It’s not like the southern half of the state gets its water from the Colorado river, or that the entire state has an archaic water right system and is perpetually in drought control mode. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll survive on just your own salty, salty tears.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Oh wow..
            They’re going to do transplants on morons.

That should prove interesting.

• The_Dadster

You must have read 1984 and Brave New World and loved the leftist distopias in them.

So what will you do when your urban cesspools are cut off from electricity with much of the distribution network destroyed, and cut off from water, food, natural resources with road and rail infrastructure destroyed, making delivery of anything you need to live impossible.

• krass81

Also two miles? Lol. The fat hillbilly reveals himself. I am an Alpinist brah, don’t worry if you don’t know what that is. Go back to ‘lifting’ your belly around

• Nigel McPhearson

Do you have little revolutionary outfits picked out to wear. Grey Nehru jackets and all? That would be awesome.

• The_Dadster

Ah, the ol’ intellectual superiority card! LOL!

You mistake learning by rote and repetition as intelligence. All I see on the left are a bunch of conditioned sheep pretending to be wolves.

• krass81

No, I recognize your stupidity as stupidity. You are sheep pretending to be human. Much worse.

• The_Dadster

My aren’t we the little pin headed elitist. You speak of others being sheep, which is ironic, considering that you have been intellectually shorn, although you don’t have the wit to realize it.

Must be the 15 years you spent in high school that has led you to believe that you are educated. Funny, all I see is a pom pom girl who deals in vacuous leftist group speak. Could it be the 15 years of high school football without a helmet that left you that way?

I’m betting it’s bad genetics.

• Golfschatzi Poodle

Heheh, here’s an example of a true believer. When the suspension of reality and the laws of physics doesn’t occur and you discover that you can’t eat FB posts, then you’ll rue the day you didn’t acknowledge the wisdom of the “hillbilly” functional monkeys. Lead beats silicon every time.

• krass81

Ok little monkey. Feel free to come at us.

• Golfschatzi Poodle

Nah, don’t need to, comrade– when you show up with your little anarchist brethren on my lawn, the stand your ground laws go into effect. The last last thing you’ll hear as you light your molotov cocktails is the snick of a safety being disengaged.

• krass81

Haha, the ‘brethren’ and their molotov cocktails (including the over-energized idiot writer of this article) are children playing with matches. You monkeys and your pea shooters would roll over them easy, no sh**.

• Adam Hershman

Well you clearly know less about the civil war than you do guns.

• krass81

Enlighten me.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

What technology do you control ?

You idiots operate on delusion..
            Not to mention ignorance of history.

• krass81

It’s funny when you said I was ignorant about history that you would actually have a point to make. What was I thinking? Thanks for demonstrating Dunning-Kruger.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Apparently, you were not thinking.
            Maybe it’s something foreign to you.

Glad to be able to use you as a lab rat for the demonstration.

• The_Dadster

Ah, so you are one of those greedy tech queefs who doesn’t put your money where your mouth is when it comes to charity. And you throwing out the laughable and phony race card, just like every other leftist.

You f**kers need to get some new material. Your schtick is old, worn out and doesn’t fly anymore.

Undoubtedly a tax cheat too – as most lefties are.

Understand this, queef – if push comes to shove and things get exceedingly ugly in the USA, your technology will do you no good when urban cesspools are cut off from electricity, food, water and natural resources/ raw materials. Road and rail traffic will be shut down.

But hey – you can always eat your dildos, hookah pipes and I-phones ……. and drink each others piss ……. which you probably do anyway, lefties being kinda weird about s**t like that.

• krass81

Hahaha. Trying hard to be offensive I see. Touched a nerve did I hillbilly?
            Perchance, were your parents also siblings?

• There is a world outside of California and even the South. These people also know how to do things, own firearms and control technology.

Your hubris is so thick you might choke on it and ad hominen attacks are a sign of a passionate yet ineffectual argument.

• krass81

I was born and raised in Tennessee. And visit periodically. I think I do have an idea.

• Your statements say otherwise.

• krass81

It’s called self-awareness of you and your culture. And knowing when to seek something better. I am Californian now.

• You know nothing of my culture. You don’t even know who I am and are stupendously arrogant based on your responses. Glad that moving worked for you, but one place or even one state isn’t the pinnacle of civilization.

• helen

it’s always the blow ins that end up embarrassing us the most

• krass81

Such is life, sweetheart.

• NoeValleyJim

Yeah we know you are violent. We deal with threats of violence and violence daily from Conservatives. You are very intolerant of anyone different than you and Hate Crimes have been on a steady upsurge since Trump was elected.

• banderilla2

noevalleyjim maybe but the only mass organized and wide spread violence and proviolent sentiment i see is from you lot

• NoeValleyJim

Somehow you have never heard of the KKK.

• banderilla2

except they dont do that anymore but you guys do

• NoeValleyJim
          • banderilla2

still you act like these small racist groups are indicative of wider conservatism which it is not but anti trump hysteria is wide spread in leftist circles you always do that we say your side has a lot of bs and you point to small violent groups as representing us all

• The_Dadster

The left loves calling people on the right Nazis, but don’t realize that the Nazis were socialists with ultra racist, ultra nationalist views. Hitler would have never been able to lure German communists and other leftists to vote him into power unless they held similar views.

• NoeValleyJim

Sorry, you are not tall enough to ride this ride.

• The_Dadster

Says the guy with a pathetically linear thought process and has no cogent response.

Check your narrow minded elitism.

• banderilla2

the only difference between nazism and communism is the people they try to appeal to

• NoeValleyJim

Nonsense. Trump had many chances to repudiate the Klan but he did not. There are 10,000 active Klan members. Conservatives have become more and more like the Klan, which Milo supports tacitly.

• banderilla2

no not nonsense he did disavow the klan remember him saying stop it to violent people and im sure milo a gay jew supports the klan what you mean is youve gone so far left everyone looks like the klan

• banderilla2

the only instance i found is where he didnt condemn a hate crime enough and then said something really dumb afterwards that made it look like he supported it it was dumb phrasing

• banderilla2

tell me how is the conservatives now more like the klan in the past many support gay marriage even if they think its a state issue

• banderilla2

i mean no one like the kkk but alot of leftists agree with these riots difference is one is small and wrong and terrible yes but without wide support whereas your bs is widely celebrated on your side

• Ivica Perkovic

Please tell me and show me proof hate crimes are up. The only people getting attached these days are conservatives. By the way conservatism is the new counter culture. Them Dems lost over 1200 seats in government since Obama was elected. I don’t see it slowing down …You guys are killing your own party.

• NoeValleyJim

The FBI says Hate Crimes against Muslims are up by 68%. It is part of the uniform crime reporting.

• Ziggy89

And still a fraction of such crimes against Jews.

Here’s an interesting list of hate crime hoaxes. Each article has links to “real media” such as it is. You may find that the left is somewhat over-represented but what the hell…. YMMV

http://moonbattery.com/links/Hate-Hoax-List.html

• JeffwithaJ

And yet the media, political class, and leftist students run around screaming “Islamophobia” every chance they get. A term I managed somehow to get through 4/5ths of my life not hearing. And I was paying attention. Jews in the second most friendly country to Jews, are more likely to be the victims of religious hate crimes than muslims, (it’s far worse in Europe), yet it is almost never mentioned, and everyone from here to Gdansk is on tenterhooks about “Islamophobia.” Explain.

• NoeValleyJim
          • NoeValleyJim

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/15/facts-about-fbi-hate-crime-data-2015

“6. Blacks, Jews, and gay men were the most common hate-crime targets.
            For race and ethnicity-related incidents, anti-black bias was the clear
            leader, accounting for 1,745 of the 3,310 such incidents recorded, or
            around 53 percent. Crimes categorized as anti-white accounted for just
            18.5 percent.”

• Golfschatzi Poodle

The only ones who are intolerant are the ones who claim tolerance is their guiding light. It’s astounding how intolerant the tolerant Left actually is. The Berkeley riots are just the latest example of the tolerance of the Radical Left.

• Adam Hershman

Yes reports of ficticious hate crimes by snowflakes are thru the rooF!!!

• The_Dadster

LIAR!!

One of my cousins has lived on Jersey St. in Noe Valley for many years and says it is one of the calmer parts of the city with very little in the way of hate crimes against LGBTs. Virtually all of the crime in that area is from druggies and the lefts pet minorities.

The difference between the left and right is that the vast majority of people on the right want nothing to do with the KKK, while the vast majority of lefties cheer on ultra racist groups like BLM – probably because they have a desperate, childish need for others to think they are open minded and tolerant.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

The BLM, just like LaRaza are the black and hispanic versions of the KKK.

Ironic but not surprising that both groups get support from regress..uh..progressives

• theciscoshow

You mean fake increase in violence as most if not all reports have been debunked. Try again moron.

• NoeValleyJim

“Try again moron”

Do Conservativew all learn the same nonsense from the same Fake News sites or something?

The FBI says Hate Crimes against Muslims are up 68% and up overall. Who is a more reliable narrator “theciscoshow” or the FBI?

• A Lion in Zion

Your speech is violence! You are speaking from privilege and making it easier for people to attack me!

Please, someone quick! Kill him. Beat some women. It would be justified!

😂

You jackboots have gone off the rails.

• Ipsophakto

You’ll get life…in prison.

• The_Dadster

Wow! That’s the best you can do?

Let’s see you refute anything of substance that anyone has posted – WITHOUT resorting to any of the cute little PC rhetoric you have been conditioned to recite.

• richardpe

Yawn another left wing nut case without no argument just a bloodlust & false sense of moral superiority.

• Jacob Russell

This article and your comment are have more troll like behavior than the commentators. For example this line here: “To Milo: I’m sorry that you were too scared to stand your ground during a routine Berkeley protest.” – is classic troll behavior. I’m not right wing, nor American, but this article is a joke.

• Jay Beswick

The Berkeley Unified School District has placed Yvette Felarca, a Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School teacher who is also a controversial anti-racist activist, on administrative leave “pending an investigation into concerns that have been raised.”

Felarca was placed on leave Wednesday, according to Charles Burress, district spokesman, who declined to be more specific because it was a personnel matter.

But Felarca and members of a group in which she serves as a political organizer, BAMN, or By Any Means Necessary, said the investigation is connected to her actions at a counter-protest against white supremacists in Sacramento on June 26. A television station filmed Felarca taunting and hitting a neo-Nazi attending the rally led by the Traditionalist Worker Party, a white nationalist extremist group. Felarca, along with a number of others, was injured in the confrontation. Film clips show her with a head wound.

• Toblerone

bye, felarca

• Michael Shipman

Oh no! Hopefully some of her comrades can save her. /s/

• A Lion in Zion

Oh just fire her. Government employees can do so much nonsense and still get paid.

• Ipsophakto

Lock her up

• david

That story is from September and she is already back in the classroom, creating more Global Citizens.

• Canuck Sailor

only a head wound? No fear of serious damage then.

• Kyle
    • Anyone who says “check your privilege” is already polluted. Their perception seems to indicate that everyone who doesn’t agree must be living on easy street. This is exactly the sort of thinking that alienated the voting base and put Trump in the top seat. Since these kinds of hard left stooges can’t possibly examine where they may have gone wrong, we’ll see more of this for the midterms and 2020.

It’s a privilege to watch commie losers like Dang expose themselves to openly. Anyone who justifies violence over words, needs therapy.

• NoeValleyJim

So says the straight white guy. Sheesh.

• MSGTB

Isn’t that a sexist and racist remark?
          Better watch out NoeValleyJim. Spewing racist and sexist statements will get you tarred with the same brush Dang used on Milo!

• So you have opted for being part of the problem then? Good luck with that, check your own attitude. If you hate people for being white, you’re a racist. If you hate them for being straight, you’re a sexist. Grow up already.

• NoeValleyJim

You don’t even see the irony in complaining about my speech at the exact same time you complain about Milo’s expression of Free Speech.

Typical right wing hypocrisy.

I don’t hate anyone. And I am a straight white male too.

“Grow up already” says the guy who throws a temper tantrum when his trigger words are pressed. Don’t be such a snowflake.

• I don’t care what color you are, if you hate people for being white, you’re a racist. Telling people to “check their privilege” just because they are white, is racist. And where do you see me mention Milo at all?

And the snowflake jab, it’s meaningless to me, but really shows a lot about you.

• NoeValleyJim

Why do you believe that asking someone to “check their privilege” is racist?

• JeffwithaJ

Who is “check their privilege” aimed at?

• NoeValleyJim

People with privilege. Do you believe that white privilege exists in America today?

• PhaseV

1) Blacks get 230 “bonus” points added to their SAT at Princeton, Hispanics get 185, whites get nothing, Asians have 50 points SUBTRACTED
            2) Many fed, state and municipal entities have guaranteed contracts for minority- and women-owned businesses
            3) Women are not subject to Selective Service
            4) Ex Atty Gen Holder proclaimed that hate crime laws cannot be used to benefit whites, a violation of equality under the law.
            How many times have you asked these non “white males” about their privileges?

• NoeValleyJim

Are you avoiding the question?

• PhaseV

Nope: there is no “white privilege” in America today. Now answer my question.

• Chief Presiding Judge

As a white person you are less likely to be searched by the police
            (http://www.vox.com/2014/7/1/5850830/war-on-drugs-racist-minorities),
            less likely to be arrested if something is found, less likely to be
            convicted if arrested, and if convicted you will statistically receive a
            15-20% shorter sentence
            (http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/black_prisoners_tend_to_serve_longer_sentences_than_whites)
            than a black person convicted with the exact same crime. After
            conviction and jail time you are much more likely to be able to
            successfully integrate back into society
            (http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/01/21/heroin-addiction-sent-me-to-prison-white-privilege-got-me-out-and-to-the-ivy-league/?tid=trending_strip_5).
            Your family has much more wealth
            (http://www.demos.org/blog/9/23/14/white-high-school-dropouts-have-more-wealth-black-and-hispanic-college-graduates#.VCQggdLlnvE.twitter)
            than your black friend due to his family not being legally unable to
            get a decent education until 1964. You are more likely to receive a
            scholarship
            (http://colorlines.com/archives/2011/09/study_shows_that_white_students_are_more_likely_to_get_scholarship_money.html)
            if you go to college. And if you do complete college you are up to 50%
            (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/weekinreview/06Luo.html?_r=1&)
            more likely to receive a call back as long as you don’t have a name that
            sounds like a minority
            (http://www.povertyactionlab.org/evaluation/discrimination-job-market-united-states).

How many times have you asked yourself about your own privilege?

• PhaseV

>”As a white person you are less likely to be searched by the police”
            Per capita, blacks commit 10 times more murders, 11 times more robberies, 10 times more aggravated assaults etc than whites which makes them more likely to be engaged in criminal activity and thus more likely to be searched. Not a mystery. The Vox claim that everyone does drugs is false. It’s 1) based on a laughable self-reported survey, those on parole / probation have incentive to lie, 2) it doesn’t include incarcerated population (60% of whom are drug users) where minorities predominate, 3) admissions to ER (where you cannot lie) show minority uses drugs 4:1 or so.

Your “abajournal” link is broken. There is no such thing as “the same crime”, unless you’re an accomplice. Drug crimes are not the same as distribution, possession, manufacture and amounts differ.

>”Your faimily has much more wealth”
            Yes, because there are racial IQ differences, IQ is 60-80% genetic (like height) and income, both individually and nationally is heavily correlated with IQ (0.76). Avg IQs: East Asians 105, whites 100, Hispanics 90, US blacks 85, native Africans 70-75 (scientific sources upon request). This explains why East Asian avg income is higher than avg white income and avg group incomes roughly correspond to avg IQ levels. In your loony leftist “oppression” theory there is no way to account for one minority (East Asians) earning more than whites on avg. The fact that you believe in the leftist unscientific dogma that all groups are equal intellectually is your problem, not mine.

• PhaseV

>”black friend due to his family not being legally unable to get a decent education”
            Blacks had their own colleges since 1837 (Cheney University) and could graduate from Harvard as early as 1870 (R. Greener). All of this didn’t make one iota of difference, because education only affects acquired knowledge, NOT IQ (i.e. innate reasoning ability).

>”You are more likely to receive a scholarship”
            Your “colorlines” link is broken. Did you copy and paste these links from some leftist site without even bothering to check them? There are more scholarships for whites for the simple reason that whites are 63% of US pop and you expect 63% of any random US group (including scholarship recipients) to be white. Racial IQ differences produce far more high-IQ Asians and whites than blacks and Hispanics.

>”to receive a call back as long as you don’t have a name that sounds like a minority”
            Correlation is not causation, child. You’re more likely to receive a callback because you have more genuine accomplishments on your resume. Affirmative action produces substandard, fake “graduates” with fake “diplomas”. The minority name is a corollary of lesser accomplishment and thus lower callback rate, not the cause of it.

>”How many times have you asked yourself about your own privilege?”
            Not even once because I live in objective reality not crackpot leftist delusions.

• Thomas Foster

Nobody is morally culpable for having privilege. You have to point to specific behaviours. White people have certain privileges in white majority countries. So what? It is what they do with it that matters. Privilege is not a bad thing per se. Asking people to ‘check their privilege’ is just pathetic and pitiful resentment. It is like the writhing of a trodden worm.

• Joshua Dumont

No. Just no.

• JeffwithaJ

I think it is a construct that reeks of poisonous identity politics for the purpose of a great shakedown in a country that has made, since the end of WWII, immense and even unbelievable strides in social justice for its people. There are those who like to ignore this progress for the sake of perpetual grievance mongering and political power on the cheap.

• NoeValleyJim

Congratulations for making an argument that does not exist entirely of ad hominem attacks. This makes you smarter than 99% of the conservatives offering an opinion on the topic.

I grant you that we have made tremendous process on improving race relations and reducing discrimination in this country. That does not give us a pass on ignoring the progress we still need to do. Don’t you agree?

I notice you did not answer my question. Do you believe that white privilege exists in America today? Do you believe Blacks are discriminated against?

62% of Whites and 92% of Blacks polled still think we have work to do.

• cargosquid

The fact that prejudice still exists doesn’t mean that the idea of “privilege” is valid.

• Because it’s used exclusively against white people, that’s racism. It’s used to denigrate a person because of their color. The claim of “Whitesplaining” is also pure racism.

It’s a simple test really, if this was directed at people for being black, it would be called what? Racism of course. Racism works in any direction. Hate is hate.

• NoeValleyJim

Asking someone to engage in self examination is not denigration. Unless you really really hate yourself, I guess.

• There you go, confirming the obvious bias in this issue.

• The_Dadster

Where does all of this talk about white privilege lead to anyway?

I’m guessing more taxation. More money going to failed entitlement programs for people who have been led to believe that they are owed something by society’s achievers.

• cargosquid

Ah…but it is not used that way. It is only used against whites….that assumption based on race is racist.

• Chief Presiding Judge

Although white people are often very privileged, it’s not only used against white people.

There’s nothing wrong with phrases like “check your privilege”. Ironically, only very privileged people tend to get all bent out of shape when their privilege is called out. Likely because they don’t want to lose it.

• There you go again. “Although white people are often very privileged” is an assumption steeped in hate. MOST of the white people in the US are not “privileged” at all, only a tiny percentage of them are.

Your other assumption is just a classic Alinsky maneuver designed to stifle discussion on the issue. I’m supposed to get butt hurt about being labeled as “privileged” because I don’t want to lose it? Ludicrous, you’re just a common racist.

• NoeValleyJim

How is pointing out all the ways that whites are privileged an act “steeped in hate”. You need a good therapist, sheesh. Your projection is kind of overwhelming here.

• cargosquid

Because it is racist. And racism is hateful.

• NoeValleyJim

62% of Whites believe there is still racial discrimination against whites. You racists are in the extreme minority.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016/06/27/on-views-of-race-and-inequality-blacks-and-whites-are-worlds-apart/

• cargosquid

No..we don’t want to hear it because it is a dishonest attempt to set a narrative.

• PhaseV

>”Why do you believe that asking someone to “check their privilege” is racist?”

• Naomi Goff

Truth re #4. The “Equal Protection Clause” of the 14th amendment. Great list of examples.

• Chief Presiding Judge

As a white person you are less likely to be searched by the police (http://www.vox.com/2014/7/1/5850830/war-on-drugs-racist-minorities), less likely to be arrested if something is found, less likely to be convicted if arrested, and if convicted you will statistically receive a 15-20% shorter sentence (http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/black_prisoners_tend_to_serve_longer_sentences_than_whites) than a black person convicted with the exact same crime. After conviction and jail time you are much more likely to be able to successfully integrate back into society (http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/01/21/heroin-addiction-sent-me-to-prison-white-privilege-got-me-out-and-to-the-ivy-league/?tid=trending_strip_5). Your family has much more wealth (http://www.demos.org/blog/9/23/14/white-high-school-dropouts-have-more-wealth-black-and-hispanic-college-graduates#.VCQggdLlnvE.twitter) than your black friend due to his family not being legally unable to get a decent education until 1964. You are more likely to receive a scholarship (http://colorlines.com/archives/2011/09/study_shows_that_white_students_are_more_likely_to_get_scholarship_money.html) if you go to college. And if you do complete college you are up to 50% (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/weekinreview/06Luo.html?_r=1&) more likely to receive a call back as long as you don’t have a name that sounds like a minority (http://www.povertyactionlab.org/evaluation/discrimination-job-market-united-states).

• Robert B.

So do women have the ultimate privilidge then? Because each of those stats is far more severe between women and men than between black and white (For all but the wealth one, yes including the job application, which in STEM fields favors women two to one). I just proved we’re living in a matriarchy…I hope to see you at the next MRA protest!

No, don’t hang out with those idiots. This lesson is only supposed to get you to think about how statistics in a vacuum are stupid. First off, most oft, most of those statistics are non-like batches. For example “if something is found” collects everyone together whenever any contraband is found. This means people with prior convictions, outstanding warrants, people who have pounds vs people who have ounces (Anything over the felony limit, all the same) are ALL grouped together. Your second link is a 404–but I’ve read those studies too. They control for like crime, they do not control for previous history, severity of the crime within the label (Even among aggravated assault, for example? There are large differences in context). This is literally why we have judges–because mandatory sentences are often gross miscarriages of justice.

Blank statistics like this, without being able to track case by case? Are often very misleading. A woman suffering from post partum depression who kills an older child could wind up with the same charge as a man who killed his older child for looking at him funny. In your screwed up world, these two deserve the same sentence. It’s just like the gender wage gap–it’s using people ignorant of how these things are grouped, to try and speak of disparity.

• cargosquid

Weird how you can determine that Phase has privilege. I mean, you apparently seem to know all about his genetics and history.

Please…tell me about privilege. I have white friends that lost entire families in the Holocaust. But, because they are white…..and they fought through the prejudice held against them, and ignored it and bettered themselves, and didn’t break laws, have children out of wedlock, respected education, didn’t join gangs, didn’t do drugs They have “privilege”….their families went from being penniless to being doctors, administrators, lawyers, etc, while staying an identifiable minority, in three generations.

My mother was Cajun. She had to ignore her heritage and lose her accent while supporting her mother and sister at the age of 13, during the Great Depression. Cajuns did not get hired. She supported me as a single mother, as a teacher in the worst schools system in the US. We had so little money that she slept on a cot while I had the only bed. Only her hard won thriftiness from the Depression taught her how to survive and save. Her teaching kept me on the lawful side of life. Tell me about her “privilege.”

Then, tell me about Obama’s lack of privilege. Raised in Hawaii by a well off grandmother. Wasn’t part of the “black struggle.” Had no historical connection to it. Smoking pot. Got sent to expensive colleges on someone else’s dime. Got elected because stupid people wanted a “historic” event. His APPARENT race got him elected. If he had been “white,” he would still be the incompetent and corrupt junior senator from Illinois, sucking up to the power structure there.

• lspanker

An excellent summary that needs to be thrown back in the faces of these idiot progressive lefties at every opportunity.

• Odysseus

Dude, you’re getting killed in this argument. All you have are the buzzwords you got from Community College. Give it up.

• NoeValleyJim

What a silly little personal attack. You always know you are winning when all they have left are personal attacks. I did go to Community College and got a good education there. Also Caltech and UC Berkeley.

What are you doing on these message boards? Did you go to Cal?

• The Oatmeal Savage

You don’t know the difference between disagreeing with someone and violently attacking someone you disagree with?

Lemme guess, pre-law?

• NoeValleyJim

Where did you get the idea that I violently attack people I disagree with?

• The Oatmeal Savage

You are supporting the rioters, aren’t you?
            They violently attacked people they did not agree with.

• NoeValleyJim

Nope I support the peaceful protestors but not the violent rioters. Where did you get that idea?

• Robert B.

He complained in text, in a public forum about your speech. Milo’s speech was threatened with physical violence and those in the public forum waiting to listen were beaten. How is that “hypocrisy”? As a Liberal, we used to (When we were still the rational ones) call this a false equivalence.

• tekwrite

You got a problem with that? WHY? Racism and bigotry are words not owned by the fascist left.

• NoeValleyJim

People with all the privilege don’t get to complain when other people point out that obvious fact to them. Well you can complain, but when you get all butthurt because someone points out that you are white, you just look like a person who is overly sensitive and unable to have a discussion without melting down.

• JeffwithaJ

Why don’t you stop trying to make people feel bad and guilty about immutable characteristics which they as individuals have absolutely no control over?
            What do you mean by “all the privilege?” Do you even know? And do such statements really stand up to scrutiny? I don’t think so.

• NoeValleyJim

What makes you think that you can read my mind and know what my motivations are? I don’t want people to feel bad, I want them to think. White people are notoriously sensitive when talking about the topic of race though, this much is true.

I am a middle aged wealthy straight white male. I know I have lots of privilege. So yes, i do know.

If they don’t stand up to scrutiny, explain what you mean by that. I am genuinely curious how they do not.

• PhaseV

>”White people are notoriously sensitive when talking about the topic of race”
            Not really, son. It’s blacks who get edgy when the subject of racial IQ differences is brought up and the fact that IQ are mostly genetic. Do you want to discuss this subject or will you get “notoriously sensitive”?

• PhaseV

>”I am a middle aged wealthy straight white male. I am married, have a wife and children and am a landlord. I know I have lots of privilege”
            Non-sequitur. There are tons of people with identical characteristics as your first sentence who don’t think they have privilege (only hard work, dedication etc). You’re not in position to speak for them.

>”when other people point out that obvious fact to them”
            Child, it’s neither a “fact” nor “obvious”. You first need to establish this.

>”butthurt because someone points out that you are white”
            Strawman, child. Non one gets butt-hurt because others point out that they’re white, only when claims of “privilege” are made. Save us the silly word games where you magically swap “white” for “privilege” in the middle of an argument, hoping no one will notice.

• The_Dadster

Many white people are tired of being called racist for disagreeing with identity politics, and refusing to go along with more demands for free this and free that.

Your “privilege” is the result of education and hard work, as is mine. I feel no compulsion to blindly keep handing over ever increasing amounts of money to the government to hand to individuals who have been systematically led to believe by the Dems/leftists that I owe them something.

Go over to the Tenderloin and see how much privilege the white trash has in that area. The vast majority of them never bothered to get an education, learn a trade, or do anything to improve their lot in life.

• cargosquid

You don’t have “privilege.” You have normal life.
            You have these things because of individual choices you made, not because you are a white guy.

• PhaseV

>”overly sensitive and unable to have a discussion without melting down”
            Funny, you seem to be describing UC Berkeley students who are unable to line up for a Q&A after a Milo speech and have a rational discussion. Instead, they prefer to shut down the speech altogether, violently or not.

• NoeValleyJim

Yes Conservatives do act emotionally about as mature as your average Cal Undergrad.

• PhaseV

Link to a video of conservatives rioting, smashing windows, chasing people down the streets to beat them up because they don’t like the topic of someone’s lecture. Preferably from this century. I’ll wait.

• The Oatmeal Savage

Check your work ethic.
          And check your brain, it isn’t working.

Hint: ‘straight white guy’

• NoeValleyJim

Okay I checked it. I am still smarter than you, check.

• The Oatmeal Savage

Wrong.
            You are a bigot but are too dumb to realize it.

• Chief Presiding Judge

Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million. The only thing that put Trump in the top seat is a failing “democracy” that overvalues the white vote and undervalues minority votes due to the demographics of the top swing states.

• He won more states, the whole purpose of national elections. And that’s why we have the electoral college, to keep the big states from ruling like lords over the small states. Face it already, the democrats LOST under the same rules that the republicans won by. All the whining losers in the streets aren’t going to turn that around. Since democrats and other assorted leftists can’t admit they might have screwed up, the midterms will likely be just as interesting.

• cargosquid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You would be singing a different tune if Hillary had been competent and those “swing states,” which had actually been BLUE, had gone for Hillary and Trump had gotten the popular vote.

• Ryan

No No No, rest assured you and the rest of the liberals are exactly the reason why Trump won. By the way, more people voted AGAINST Killary than for her..Can you really say she got the popular vote? Funny how the electoral college is “racist” when its the same system obama and the other 43 presidents used.

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

Indeed..
      And the same exponents of violence are also calling “fascists” those against whom they are violent.
      That’s like claiming that the victim of rape is the rapist.

I think we have a new scale for lack of intelligence
      It goes, in descending order:
      Stupid, moronic, regress..uh..progressive.

• magormissabib

The privilege we have and wont check , is that we live in a nation of law and order where violent crimes are punished. Some of them hopefully will go to jail and hopefully Berkeley will lose federal funding.

• NoeValleyJim

lol, you ignorance of history is almost as great as your overall ignorance.

• magormissabib

Calling people ignorant is no argument just like calling people racist is no argument like Elizabeth Warren learned yesterday, “please take your seat” lol

• NoeValleyJim

Ironic. You are upset that Milo’s speech was impeded but cheer Warren’s. Hypocrite much?

• magormissabib

Slander isn’t protected by the first amendment, and in case you arent paying attention she was in violation of the rules. and was warned. Milo was an invited guest and well within the rules to speak at the school. Two totally opposite situations. moron

• NoeValleyJim

“moron” lol

• Attila Iskander – A Deplorable

That unfortunately is become more evident with each of your comments.

• Chief Presiding Judge

America has never been pacifist toward fascism.

• KillerMarmot

Actually, fascism was all the rage among progressive America scholars in the 1920s. Mussolini was often spoke of in admiring terms. Democracy was considered more of an impediment than an asset by these admirers.

Today almost any conservative — or even centralist — view gets denounced as “fascism” by the far left. Most of these viewpoints have nothing to do with fascism — often they are the precise of it — but many radicals have abandoned any connection to reality or history, so that does not pose a problem.

• Attila Iskander – A Déplorable

There is a need for those who are the target of such violence to be prepared to defend themselves against it.
      And to those who would offer violence, they should remember what Jeff Cooper had to say about the proper response to it.

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’
      I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure — and in some cases I have — that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”

That is the ONLY proper response to those who offer violence.