Person struck, killed by northbound BART train

bart_francesca_ledesma_file
Francesca Ledesma/File

A person was struck and killed by a northbound BART train Tuesday evening.

According to BART spokesperson Jim Allison, there was a major medical emergency between El Cerrito del Norte and Richmond BART stations about 5:45 p.m. Allison said BART received a report of a person in the trackway.

“There was a person struck and killed by a train, and as a result we have no train service north of North Berkeley station,” Allison said. “We do have emergency responders who are on the scene.”

While BART deals with the emergency, Allison said the train will not operate between North Berkeley and Richmond stations. He added, however, that the AC Transit Line 72M does service all four stations. Allison also said BART has requested that a bus bridge be set up.

According to Allison, BART does not have an estimate as to when the station will be returned to service.

Check back for updates.

Chantelle Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.

• Kill TalmudScum

Well at least they weren’t intentionally pushed onto the tracks the way that Blacks do in New York City. These stupid violent apes intentionally push people onto the tracks to kill them. Look it up – it happens all the time, wherever black baboons are allowed to fester.

I would like to pay these monkeys back for all their violence someday. I hope these chimps are removed from human societies, and since we’re now able to build robots that are more intelligent, capable, and creative than blacks, I see no reason for their continued existence, unless you like violence, poverty, stupidity, and disease for some reason.