Petition to fire Berkeley Unified School District teacher resurfaces after Fox News interview

felarca_arielhayat_file
Ariel Hayat/File

An eight-month-old petition to fire a Berkeley Unified School District teacher gained thousands of signatures after her Monday appearance on Fox News.

Yvette Felarca, who is also an organizer for activist group By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight to discuss the Milo Yiannopoulos protest. During the interview, Felarca said Yiannopoulos should not be allowed to speak at universities because he invokes violence.

“What Yiannopolous has done is whip up a whole lynch mob mentality,” Felarca said in the interview. “But in Berkeley, we made sure that didn’t happen because we were able to shut him down.”

The Fox News segment sparked the public’s renewed interest in the petition, which was created after Felarca yelled at and reportedly punched a man at a June 2016 white nationalist rally in Sacramento. About four months after the incident, Berkeley Unified School District placed Felarca on paid administrative leave, but did not provide a reason.

The petition gained about 500 signatures soon after it was created. Following Felarca’s appearance on Fox News, the petition has garnered more than 5,000 signatures.

Although the petition’s original goal was 1,000 signatures, it has since increased to 7,500.

Felarca was unavailable for comment as of press time.

Additionally, Berkeley Unified School District Superintendent Donald Evans and Board President Ty Alper released a joint statement Wednesday addressing the controversy surrounding Felarca’s interview.

“Many have asked us whether the teacher in question will be disciplined for her political activities and for public statements she has made,” the statement said. “We do not discuss personnel matters in public.”

According to Berkeley Unified School District spokesperson Charles Burress, there has been no official discussion on the petition, although Berkeley Unified School District is aware of it. He added that he was unable to speculate what Berkeley Unified School District might do if the petition reached its goal.

Berkeley Unified School District PTA President Christine Staples said the PTA declined to comment on the petition.

David Craig, treasurer for the Berkeley College Republicans, said he understood why people were upset that Felarca was a public school teacher. He said he believed that advocating for the violation of free speech is not acceptable.

“I don’t think she should be allowed to teach our kids,” Craig said.

In their statement, Evans and Alper emphasized that Berkeley Unified School District firmly supports the right to free speech. They also added, however, that the district “strongly (condemns) the use of violence in confronting speech,” even if the speech is contrary to the community’s values.

Contact Connor Bunnell and Gibson Chu at [email protected].

• Jack Straw

Yvette Felarca spreads violence in the minds of all who hear her speak.

• TF_2

Is this fascist still teaching and having unsupervised contact with minors?

• Andre

No liberal should be allowed to teach children. Period. She should be criminally investigated and placed in prison for a very long time.

• TBTG

This woman Felarca should be arrested for attacking an unarmed person. She is a menace to society.

• Dadski

by the very definition of terrorism this woman is a terrorist. Not only should she not be teaching she needs imprisoned at gitmo for inciting terrorism and for enacting terrorism. She is the very definition of fascist, racist, bigot, homophobe(attacking Milo the gay black loving Jew she just stopped from talking) how brave of her. BY THE WAY in stopping 500 people from listening to milo who is none of the things she claimed he is now literally 500 MILLION people looked him up and listened to his speeches. Great going liberal terrorist… lol and you think you won something.

• paul

Free speech is only as good as the worst speech it protects. This is something lost on students at Berkeley, which is ironic given that it was students at Berkeley in the 1960s were really at the forefront of the free speech movement. There is no such thing as “hate speech”. This is just a term created by fascist liberals to shut down the speech of others.

• Georgie Thumbs

How ironic that she calls people who don’t agree with her views “fascist” and “Nazi” when her and her demented followers are the ones going around acting like Nazis. Attacking, beating people who are not like her, and having their own version of “Kristallnacht” smashing windows, burning cars when someone merely wanted to talk.

• Chandra Bryson

Fire her there should be absolutely not one teacher provoking or condoning violence this trash has been projecting this on our children for years…. it’s not education it’s a stupid biased opinion keep it out of the classroom and off of public campuses!!! U r the problem! !!

• Jason

She is a terrorist and she herself is a Left wing Fascist, Lascist.

• Americana

I just heard Felarca on the News; she should be fired as a teacher. Yvette Felarca sounds mentally unstable; she sounds like she’s grinding her teeth with her hate that comes out of her mouth. Noone should teach children and be that hatefully paranoid.

• sundaze

Why is she not fired already? Of course she should have been fired long before this.

• MarkWatts

What a horrible choice for a teacher, nothing she represents is anything you should teach children.

• Where’s the petition? I’ll sign it. This person needs to go; had that been a Conservative hitting and stabbing and punching people, not only would they already be gone, but they’d likely be in prison. How is any of this fair?

• Tracy

This teacher is demon possessed and i would not allow her anywhere near my child. The total hatred emanating from this woman is a danger to any who disagree with her. She advocates for violence towards those who disagree with her and dare to share a different opinion. She is the total fascist. And she dares to claim others are trying to start a lynch mob when that is exactly what her and her group promotes. She is a total hypocrite and she stands for exactly what is wrong with our world.

• dimitri

This comment was flagged and taken down, so it must have hit a nerve….I’ll repost it felarcas benefit. ;)

Teachers who assault people because of their political preference is bigoted, racist, tyrannical, and unsuitable to be instructing youth. In addition, felony assault charges should be filed followed up by a civil law suit

• MrEFQ

I oppose Milo, and one of my posts was taken down because I called out the blatant lies about him.

There are now several comments that say “awaiting moderation” that are completely reasonable.

• Jim Welsh

Could it be that your comments are stupid?

• MrEFQ

No, because my comment was reinstated.

Now go eat crow.

• Jacques Shellac

I got my big boy pants on. I can make up my own mind as to whether a comment is stupid or not. Stop trying to take my civil rights away, dammit.

• BaytownBombers

Isn’t she Fascist by her own definition?

• Harvey Johnsen

this teacher is as bad & corrupt as any true waffen SS germans were under himmler. Shoot zem,shoot zem all.

• Badger BadgerBadger

She’s a terrorist. She is all about dividing people and causing harm not only to the discussion and time-tested ways of life and conflict resolution, but literally she celebrates harm brought upon totally innocent individuals. She defends harm to individuals because — let’s face it — that is her actual goal. This is what actual fascism and regressive communism look like. Destroying individuals for the benefit of a socialist dictatorship with a hidden agenda. She epitomizes everything our grandfathers fought and died to protect us from over the last century. She sees opportunity in so many suckers protesting in hypnotic mental unison. We should all recognize populists who use violence for what they are. Literally Hitler.

• FreedomFan

Why isn’t this gal in jail for assault and battery? I don’t get it.

Leftists have become the bigoted fascist thugs they hate.

• BigDaddyKevin78

When Berkeley School Unified still haven’t fired this elementary teacher, Yvette whom confirms preaches violence is the right solution. I dont know who is more mentally unstable,Yvette or Berkeley School Unified.

• justiceplease

Lol, a petition signed by a thousand Reddit trolls is meaningless. This is more likely to detract from the idea of petitions as meaningful community input (at the expense of many great causes) than lead to the lynching of Yvette Felarca.

Why can’t we have nice things like community feedback? Because organized troll armies ruin them.

As for Felarca’s position on diversity of tactics (including vandalism), I think everyone’s consciousness should be raised that there is a massive literature/school of thought that asserts nonviolent protest assumes a position of safe white privilege. I’m not a person of color – I don’t have the burden of that personal experience PR historical legacy. Therefore, I try not to judge their analysis of protest tactics and how they define effectiveness.

I take the same position toward property owners who denounce such tactics. I don’t own property, and I’m more or less a victim of the capitalist culture that rewarded them. However, I’m not going to judge them for trying to defend their property. I believe protests are sites of negotiation where the clashes of interest get worked out. This is better than the complacency of the privileged when no one is making demands on them.

• sundaze

Wow. Lots of rationalization here. You might look up Pol Pot,Cambodia…others who promoted violence….look up Hillary Clinton/Libya while you are at it.

• JTHC75

I’m a person of color. Using violent means to shut down free speech is fascist, period.

Gandhi and MLK managed to protest non-violently– I very much doubt that Milo is a bigger threat than what they faced.

• justiceplease

The campus protest was nonviolent. Yiannopoulos is the fascist. Period.

• Dadski

your just blind child.

• Dadski

your period means nothing terrorist. You dont want justice you want conformity to you communist ideals by force and in this country it aint a gonna happen

• roccolore

Yvette Felarca is a Mexican supremacist bigot who hates America and hates free speech.

• laura

Oh she’s Mexican? Comments last week were implying Asian. Thank you, no source ever definitively defined.

• woodrose

It’s clear that Felarca does not care about the students at the school, only herself.

If she cared about students, she would understand she is being a huge distraction to the entire school and would resign to become a full time political activist.

• Douglas Bonham

There is a new Secretary of the Department of Education sworn in now, name of Betsy DeVos. She has at her command now the vast budget and funds of the Federal Education Department, which local School Districts like the Berkeley Unified School District depend on.

If Mrs. DeVos and the FBI find that Berkeley Unified School District is harboring a spokesman, leader, and action participant in Black Bloc/Antifas, which Yvette is,
    it will not go well for Berkeley Unified School District’s finances.

These can be peremptorily cut off by Mrs. DeVos, for probable cause. Berkeley Unified will find itself itself the subject of an Education Dept. and FBI investigation.

Of course they can sue and issue public statements etc. etc. but they will lose.

Yes, they can get themselves in a lot more trouble than now for their loyalty and support of Yvette the Black Bloc spokesman, apologist, and losing participant in the Antifa knife fight in Sacramento.

• ShadrachSmith

Ds can do evil, you didn’t know that?

• dimitri

Teachers who assault people because of their political preference is bigoted, racist, tyrannical, and unsuitable to be instructing youth. In addition, felony assault charges should be filed followed up by a civil law suit.

• Marc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTaIUckNLZs

“Felarca yelled at and REPORTEDLY punched a man…”

Guys, this is the age a youtube. Your lies don’t stack up.

The link above shows her assaulting the man at :15 seconds into the clip, punching him several times in the stomach while screaming profanities. She then, along with about about five other men, drag the man to the ground and start stomping him as he pleads with police to help him.

Disgusting, violent and thuggish behavior for anyone. Unconscionable for a middle school teacher.

This type of stuff continually shows the nation what a poisonous, violent and divisive environment UC Berkeley, not only endorses, but cultivates, in their school and surrounding community.

• Storm

I was about to make the exact same point! Wow! How can anyone claiming to be reporting news, yet be so blatantly misleading.

• Badger BadgerBadger

Yup.

• RU_Serious

“Felarca said Yiannopoulos should not be allowed to speak at universities because he invokes violence.”

That sound you hear are irony meters ecploding across the country.

• lspanker

The cognitive dissonance of lefties such as Felarca and the rest of the BANM/Antifa clown circus knows no bounds…

• justiceplease

If the police used violence to stop a terrorist, your “irony meter” wouldn’t make a peep.

What are people who are substantially unprotected by the State supposed to do?

• RU_Serious

That’s because there’s nothing ironic or hypocritical about the police using violence to stop a terrorist.

• justiceplease

Part of the message of these protests is that the police haven’t protected communities of color, so they have to step up and protect themselves.

• Badger BadgerBadger

Why do you say “people of color” when you’re talking about black males and only black males? You know damn well that they have a history of perpetuating a culture of violence. They reap what they sow and you honestly think we’re going to give them even more leeway to keep doing it, but we’re not. We’re going to draw the line. Not the police, but the American people. Nobody wants corrupt cops, but nobody wants the violence and crime blacks deliberately perpetrate at alarming rates in this country. We are an embarrassment to the entire world because of this. It’s time to put a stop to it. The liberal communist crap — singing praises for parasitic anarchists — will be exposed for what it is. Democracy only works when people collaborate. That’s not what liberals do. Swarming the streets and breaking windows and fracturing skulls is not collaboration.

Big cities are the liberal voter enclaves. Why? Because that’s where everybody gets along? No. It’s because there is a massive financial disparity and you want to tax the rich and give to the poor. But you don’t. You tax the country and give nominal gifts of free stuff to people who have nowhere to go and don’t appreciate those drops in the bucket. And the disparity is widening under liberal leaders. Widening!!

You’re not solving the problems. Present your case and let thinkers do the thinking, and IMMEDIATELY stop your race-baiting and rioting and trying to bludgeon America into zombie equality. It serves no one.

• justiceplease

I’m not talking only about black males. Immigrants of various nationalities who had been directly threatened drove the Berkeley protest. Women are targeted by hate speech more than men. These targeted groups are “drawing the line” on YOU.

I’d love to tax the rich more. However, Republicans always block that. Note Trump’s “drain the swamp” promise that was followed by his hiring of billionaire cronies and K Street insiders. Do you think they will support “taxing the rich”? I will agree that not enough money trickles down to the poor in rural or urban areas,, because the money gets soaked up in massive “fraud watch” bureaucracies. The poor are better off clumping near cities, because its easier to administer social services from centralized areas, and there are more job opportunities to get people off welfare in cities. The taxpayer suffers when the rural poor choose to stay at home. However, home and family come first (if we don’t want to exacerbate mental illness), so the rural poor qualify for the same services.

• Badger BadgerBadger

Really? You’re “drawing the line” on ME? Little old me? Someone who sees your lying propaganda and can absolutely destroy it without any effort? Just because you’re racist and sexist and openly HATE white males doesn’t mean you can afford to attack your intellectual superiors. You just attack whatever your zombie tooth gnashing can get at, but you can’t afford it. Your fellow parasites cannot support you. We all know where you “draw the line” — personal responsibility. Ain’t no liberals got time for dat.

When you’re talking about your issues with police, you are talking exclusively about black males. Yeah we know you’re dragging everyone else into it and then lying about it. We know you don’t give a DAMN when white males face the same issues, because reality doesn’t drive your agenda. But your agenda perpetuates crime and racial hate — so it’s gotta go.

“Women are targeted by hate speech more than men” oo… a statistical anomaly where women have a more negative experience than men… but oh wait… that’s right… men are by a MASSIVE margin the victims of ACTUAL violence, and women are huge manufacturers of hate speech (obviously). So you want us to weep because women eat each other alive on Facebook. And when violence happens in a woman’s ego it’s the worst thing in the WORLD. Really.

Yeah you “draw the line” — on Starbuck’s windows and ATMs and defenseless by-standers… you burn your President in effigy. That ain’t me. *I* record your bullshit and expose your bullshit and you can come at me whenever you’re ready, bro. There is no “group” you’re a part of, and nobody is “targeted” for victimhood — you just can’t support yourself on a sense of entitlement alone. Yeah, we are well aware that millions of scummy terrorist parasites out there seek safety in numbers and zombie groupthink. But no, I’m not Trump. I’m not the target of your hate speech. I’m a problem solver. You’re the problem. You think you have me hypnotized and scared, but that’s just you. You’re one of 2 fascist cults in this country, and as soon as *I* sufficiently weakened the one you fear so much, you scumbags tried to come along and fill the vacuum by pulling the same crap they did. But you, too, will be stopped.

You cannot comprehend the individuality that you trample by surrendering your own. You can come at me with all your retch-inducing propaganda, but the world is waking up to the festering sickness of liberal terrorism. Because the definition of “justice” doesn’t change no matter how many of you anarchist losers try to ruin the world, trying your luck at becoming the cowardly bullies that everybody despises.

The rich aren’t to blame for 2 massive cults of losers. But we have to fix whatever they break. So are you a fixer or a breaker? Those are your choices.

• dimitri

The ‘rich’ are well taxed. The super elite are under taxed.

• Jacques Shellac

That’s because the super elite are the main beneficiaries of high taxes, especially when they hold senior positions in the government bureaucracy. For example, how politicians and other people with government connections rent hovels to the poor via government subsidies, collect rents well and above what their properties warrant, and pocket the proceeds over decades, Or seize such properties by eminent domain from the original rightful owners, then sell them at private auctions to their political friends at a fraction of the cost. Or deliberately let inner cities like New York or Detroit become run down, crime ridden ghettoes, tax the holdouts into bankruptcy, then seize control of the area and “gentrify” it using government funds. It’s especially outrageous to listen to these exceptionally wealthy “champions of the poor” turn the people they’ve impoverished against the few business owners still struggling to stay profitable, then use that as an excuse to make government even bigger and themselves even richer.

• Alicia P Keaton

Government doesn’t deserve more money from anybody. Period. End of story.

• Everybody wants to tax the rich more, until they, themselves become rich by winning the lottery or opening a successful business or whatever. Then it’s a completely different story.

• Alicia P Keaton

Of course you’d love to tax the rich more. You believe in government force & coercion. Because that’s what taxation is – government force & coercion.

• justiceplease

No, taxation is individuals contributing to public benefit and civilization.

This is the biggest joke about the “white genocide” theories, by the way. Refusing to pay for general health care amounts to white suicide – since it’s basically those poor white communities that need it most. I saw a map once that showed the States that complain the most about “welfare” have economies worse than most third-world countries.

• Alicia P Keaton

There is no “public benefit”. There is only government force and coercion and YOU WILLING SUPPORT GOVERNMENT FASCISM

• justiceplease

I refuse to bow before ALL CAPS FASCISM!

• Alicia P Keaton

You’re worse. You’re a hypocrite. Or you’re an idiot.

You bemoan government fascism and yet call for more government fascism.

You think the collection of taxes are necessary for “the public good” and yet you whine about injustice done by law enforcement & society to POC.

Your paying of taxes makes that injustice possible, you stupid idiot and you don’t f^¢king SEE it.

You deserve all the pain society gives you because YOU made it happen. YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF.

• justiceplease

Just because the government receives taxes, that doesn’t mean the government has to spend those taxes on ineffective police practices. The rest of your logical flaws are along the same lines.

• Alicia P Keaton

Ah, you’re too stupid to see it. They’ve really brainwashed you good, Felicia. You’re being played for a fool and your central planning masters are laughing at you.

Go ahead, vote. Pay your taxes like a good sheep and vote early & often. It won’t matter, but you think it will. Here’s the new boss, same as the old boss.

They can always count on your compliance just like I can count in you responding to my every post. You’ll never not do what they want just like I’ve manipulated you to responding to my posts. You’re boringly predictable.

• justiceplease

Who is Felicia?

It looks like you have yet to figure out why i respond to your posts.;)

• Alicia P Keaton

I don’t give a damn why you respond. But you are under my thumb.

• justiceplease

LOL – please keep exposing these opinions of yours. As they say, nothing disinfects like the light.

• Alicia P Keaton

You’re not very intelligent, are you? You’re not “exposing my opinions” because I haven’t hidden them from anyone.

You haven’t changed my opinion to concur with your point of view and frankly, I don’t care if I change your opinion. If you’re trying to change hearts and minds by “exposing my views” – I have news for you – no one gives a damn what I have to say. And no one gives a damn what you have to say either.

Neither one of us are important in the big scheme of things. Neither one of us are influential. No one gives a damn what either one of us has to say.

There difference is that I know my opinions only matter to me. You seem to lack that self-awareness.

So, I have blocked you. You can do what you want – expose, don’t expose, I don’t really care.

• justiceplease

Actually, I’m not reading your opinions at all. I’m just throwing out shiny bait for you to display them. You are trying to rig “public opinion” on a 2 month old article. Readers should be able to check out the type of person who would do such a thing.

*throws put more shiny bait*

• RU_Serious

White middle class punks living in mama’s basement dressed in black attacking random people on the street because they think they have different political opinions is not “protecting” anyone. And if they want to protect “people of color” I invite them to come here to Chicago and patrol Englewood and Austin and South Shore and Humboldt Park… somehow I doubt they’ll be doing that. These are just neo-fascist bullies assaulting people who were no threat to them, and this will not end the way they think it will.

• justiceplease

Chicago, eh? Why do you even care about Felarca? Also, BAMN is not the same group as antics. Meanwhile, the alt-right declared they were bringing violence to “battle” in Berkeley, and they shared posts and tweets on how to make weapons. I’m glad the police arrested the troublemakers of all varieties.

• RU_Serious

It’s not illegal to defend yourself, or to be prepared to defend yourself. If the antifa fascists didn’t start attacking people there would be no violence at all. What’s hilarious is how fast antifa goes from “F the police” to “please help me Mr. policeman” when they misjudge the person they assaulted.

• Joel

lol

• dimitri

I don’t get that arguement…if that were truly the case we would see a resurgence of the Guardian Angel’s type of activity. Instead we see drug and gang related violence, mainly, in the inner and outer cities and the communities burdened with undue violence. But on the flip side, cops tend to be bullies and use their badge for self gratifying heavy handedness. All aspects of society need take a step back and reconfigure an equitable approach.

• sundaze

That message is false, especially here in America. More whites are shot by police on average/porportionally than blacks. More blacks in inner cities/troubled areas are rough-handled, stopped and that is also because there is more violence in said areas.

• Alicia P Keaton

So words will always hurt you?

• justiceplease

If you think the issues around police profiling and inequity are just “words”, then you haven’t been paying attention to the body count.

• Alicia P Keaton

You’re an idiot.

• justiceplease

Okay.

• Alicia P Keaton

Who pays for police profiling, dumb@$$? YOU DO!!!! And YOU HAVE NO CHOICE

• justiceplease

I do have a choice: it’s called a “vote”. My vote will go to the person who spends public funds on the public good rather than wasting money on police profiling.

• Alicia P Keaton

You’re either a government employee, feeding out of the government trough, or you’re too stupid to exist and deserve the pain you’ll got coming your way.

• OutOfTheirSkulls

What “Color” would that be ?

• Shecky

Bwahaha….that’s hilarious!! So they sell drugs and guns to each other so they can shoot kids in drivebys and make money off the misery of their neighborhoods.

• Kaur Sandeep

Protest but not riot

• justiceplease

The students did a fine job of this. The mainstream media misled the public in reporting this, largely because they weren’t familiar with the geography of the City.

• android927

So the geography of the city somehow makes beating people up and destroying property an acceptable form of protest?

• justiceplease

No, it’s fake news to characterize the staged riots (antifa or Yiannopoulos minions) as the “student protest” that took place on campus.

• roccolore

Liberal fascists like you were defending the riots and blaming everyone but the rioters. Personal responsibility is a foreign concept to liberals.

• Dadski

LIAR. Until now I thought you were just an idiot now I see you’re blind. STUDENTS ADMITTED BEING THE RIOTERS AS WELL AS A FEW TEACHERS .One coach bragged on his facebook and twitter how he put the poor kid in the coma. We the people are sick of you terrorists in our country. We are done letting you get away with nonsense.

• android927

That sounds an awful lot like a conspiracy theory. If your interested, I hear that the Church of Scientology and the Flat Earth Society are both now accepting new applicants.

• justiceplease

I’m not a joiner – I foster my own conspiracy theories. The fact several people are commenting on a 2 month old article (or one troll with a lot of sock puppets) bolsters my theory that someone is paying to astroturf this article.

• Badger BadgerBadger

I was there. The students cheered on the violence. Several scummy liberals came out in favor of the violence afterward. And the rest of the world woke up. Boom. Lies and true intentions exposed. Now what are you gonna do? So few choices for the zombie.

• sundaze

You can see that demonstrated in videos, also.

• Badger BadgerBadger

No one is specifically protected from the state. The state is supposed to stop terrorists. Everyone benefits equally from this. But when you become terrorists in order to advance your agenda then your agenda isn’t what you say it is. You are not victims at all, then; you are the terrorists.

• justiceplease

Law enforcement hasn’t adjusted to the fact that Yiannopoulos is a new kind of terrorist. He’s trained an army of trolls to combine death threats, rape threats, and “drive to suicide” harassment with doxxing personal information to trigger “loan wolves” to go after specific targets and/or representatives of hated groups (like Elliot Rodgers who targeted women in Santa Barbara). Also some of the immigrants who protested, illegal or not, had been spammed with email threatening to “report” them as illegals.

The State does not protect all groups equally: the State protects white property owners first and foremost. Everyone else has to demand to be included in that protection.

• android927

How does Milo qualify as a terrorist? I don’t agree with everything he says, but the guy seems to be totally opposed to terrorism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGo5y2CXDo

• justiceplease

Because he started and supportysupports a movement to combine death threats, rape threats, deportation threats, and organized harassment intended to “drive” targets to suicide with posting personal location and other identifying information to trigger “lone wolves” like Elliot Rodgers to act on the threats. Yiannopoulos is the same thing as an ISIS recruiter, but he gets away with it because the law hasn’t caught up with the online environment yet.

• MrEFQ

That simply isn’t true.

If you want to fight trolls like Milo, do it with facts.

Actually if you want to fight trolls like Milo, ignore them.

• justiceplease

That’s exactly what I’m saying about Felarca. However, an obvious group effort to dominate public space and distort opinions about Felarca isn’t ignoring her.

Yiannopoulis isn’t merely a troll though. He incited and coordinated real world stalking and harassment. That isn’t a free speech issue. He needs to face consequences for his actions.

• MrEFQ

Go away.

This post was 2 months ago.

Troll.

• justiceplease

Haha, you’re right – I scrolled too far up on my Disqus alerts.

Yet here you are with a post today. I’m still curious whether this is an astroturf group or one guy with a lot of sock puppets.

• MrEFQ

I’m here because like you I got a notification because you responded to my 2 month old post.

Are you dumb? Or just trolling?

• justiceplease

I’m here because I also got notifications on this 2 month old post from some people trying to astroturf it (presumably so people would find it when the post come up on a Google search. I was replying to them, but the post notices are threaded, so I think I accidentally replied to some older posts in the process.

• MrEFQ

I’m not up on your internet lingo. I don’t know what astroturfing a comment section means.

Now go away troll.

• justiceplease

Yet you know the word “troll”? lol.

• MrEFQ

Yes I do. It’s very common. As opposed to astroturf. Which I just looked up. It really made me think you have serious mental problem if you think people are being paid to comment here.

I also know only 12 year olds still use “lol”

• justiceplease

What is your theory behind why a group of people would come to plant many comments on a 2 month old article?

• MrEFQ

My theory is that people are posting on an article about a woman that has been in the news lately.

• roccolore

Liberals like you are the terrorists who riot and loot to prevent someone from speaking. You never see Republicans looting or torching things when an Islamist, Jew-hater, black supremacist, or radical feminist speak.

• justiceplease

Black supremacist? I dare you to provide some examples of that.

• roccolore

Louis Farrakhan.

• justiceplease

So you are saying followers of Louis Farrakhan prevented Yiannopoulos from getting a platform at UC Berkeley?

• roccolore

Liberals had no problem with Louis Farrakhan speaking at Berkeley. No Republicans rioted.

• roccolore

But we know that Democrats like you defend Farrakhan because he’s a black supremacist, Muslim, and a Jew-hater.

• Chris

White supremacists are a far bigger problem than black supremacists but Farrakhan is an example

• justiceplease

Farrakhan has as much right to speak as Felarca or Ann Coulter. The only one in the rats nest that needs to be held to more responsibility for the consequences of his actions is Milo Yiannopoulis. He targeted specific women for harassment and incited actions like sending deportation threats to students. I regard him as a new form of domestic terrorist.

If it’s just speech, I support the right of any jackass to reveal who they are. I also support anonymous speech even if people take this as an opportunity to be jackasses. However, organizing real life harassment through doxxing is an insidious practice that falls through the cracks of current law. Yiannopoulis should be “shut down” by law enforcement – that way groups like BAMN wouldn’t need to protest.

• Dadski

how many you want? Malcom X, the black panthers of the 60’s for a start. any prison in America, the so called hebrew israelites with their militant leader in a Florida prison, BLACK LIVES MATTER, Jessee Jackson, AL SHARPTON, YOU

• justiceplease

What sort of propaganda have you been reading about the Black Panthers? They helped feed people in Oakland, and they were an important support for the Disability Rights Movement.

• sundaze

Do you see conservatives organized, using groups like “black bloc”, BAMN (Felarca’s group) using violence, drowning out discourse? Your first long sentence is absolutely nuts. Talk about conspiracy theory!

• Dadski

WOW what nonsense. Every attribute you just applied to milo IS WHAT THIS WOMAN IS GUILTY OF.

• sundaze

Your statements show you are seriously deluded. Please start to look up information from various sources instead of promoting exaggerated false narratives.

• justiceplease

Now Yiannopoulos has added support for pedophilia to his constant spew of nonsense. Even Breitbart has cut ties with him.

• Badger BadgerBadger

Yiannopoulos is a gay intellectual that you hate for no reason. You lie about him because you lost what you thought you were simply entitled to, and it made you crazy and desperate.

I disagree with you completely — law enforcement is becoming VERY WELL adjusted to the FACT that you are a member of a massive terrorist hate group. And you will be “protected” — just like all other terrorists.

• Dadski

HERE HERE now this is truth!

• MrEFQ

Nothing you just said is based in reality.

I really can’t stand Milo. But I will not make up things to criticize him.

He’s not a terrorist.
            He doesn’t train trolls to send threats.
            He doesn’t dox people.

You can’t even get your facts about Rodgers correct. He killed 4 men and 2 women and harmed more men than women.

Learn how to argue with facts, not made up nonsense that can be proven wrong with a google search.

• MrEFQ

He’s not a terrorist.
            He doesn’t dox people.

• Justmom

But she read all about it on tumblr!

• justiceplease

It’s a fact that many comments under different anonymous handles are suddenly being made on a 2 month old article. My theory to explain this fact is that a coordinated group was paid to astroturf this article. I wonder who would have so much obsession to smear searches of Felarca…?

• MrEFQ

Go away troll.

• justiceplease

Why do you care?

• MrEFQ

Stop trolling.
            Troll.

• justiceplease

People show who the trolls are by what they say. You might want to think about that.

• MrEFQ

Yes you do show you’re a troll by what you say.

• justiceplease

Good. Well, the record is all here. Let readers be the judge.

• MrEFQ

Clearly by the responses to all of your posts, the readers have judged you to be a troll.

Now go troll elsewhere.

• justiceplease

lol. Well I will also let readers judge your claim that you constitue all readers. XD

• MrEFQ

I never claimed that I constitute all readers.

Once again you are seeing things that don’t exist. Like how you think people are being paid to respond to your troll posts.

You need to take your meds.

• sundaze

BS. Milo does not have an “army of trolls”, he has people that defend the freedom of speech. This oft offensive gay, Jewish young guy is purposely provocative, yes….and exactly what is needed now. You don’t have to agree with him! You do not even have to attend his talks, by golly.
            But you have NO right to stop others from hearing him, from speaking out and peacefully protesting.

• justiceplease

Then people in this thread should stop whining about the peaceful student protesters.

• Dadski

there were NO peaceful protests you fool. Since your parents apparently did not teach you this here it is. IF YOU attack another human being you are breaking the law and guilty of assault. IF YOU burn something belonging to another human being you are guilty of ARSON and destruction of personal property, IF YOU break windows or harm others property you are guilty of vandalism, assault possibly and terrorism. IF YOU cannot understand this then you too need locked up in a little dark hole until you do get this.

• justiceplease

America: Racism and misogyny are OK!
            America: Free speech for women, not so much!

• sundaze

You resort to empty strawdog hyperbolic statements/slogans based on false premises and assumptions.

• justiceplease

Hey, this woman stood up against a racist, misogynist, white supremacist, pedophile. People may or may not agree with her tactics or her notoreity, but it’s lame to keep using “for the children” to try to get someone fired that you simply dislike. Let BUSD and the union negotiate her employment standing.

• Marc

I can’t tell if you are just trolling, or are a complete fool. How can you honestly sit here and defend this woman’s facist tactics to prevent Milo from his rights of assembly and speech. Add to that the violence and obvious glee she shows in talking about and contemplating future violence, and you have someone that should not be allowed near our children, let alone educating them. THIS IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.

• justiceplease

Did you not get the memo about Yiannopoulos’s pedophilia interview? The money for your services is about to run dry.

• Marc

Has nothing to do with what this teacher did, which is the subject of this thread. Nice attempt at deflection

• justiceplease

What did she do? She can do anything she wants on her private time. It’s not for the armchair lawyers to judge whether she should be fired. There’s nothing else to talk about.

• Marc

You know what. Maybe you should read about her assault, better yet watch it on YouTube. Read about her long-standing issues with her employer, the complaints from her students parents. She has been given so much slack, even after repeatedly being caught lying to her employer. It’s all easily accessable with a few keystrokes. Then ask yourself if you would want her as your employee. If your answer is yes, I would respectfully agree to disagree. Don’t call us armchair lawyers, do your due diligence, not just watching the one interview with Tucker. Peace

• justiceplease

Most everything I see from the employers sounds biased and retaliatory. The other “parent” comments seem like classic mobbing, stoked by rightwing trolls.

Ironically the same people who would fight to the death for free speech for a pedophilia-defender will freak out if the person speaking what they don’t want to hear is a woman.

No one can deny Felarca has drawn attention to her cause by creating controversy.

• justiceplease

My point is – this is none of our business. The media and PR gets twisted all sorts of ways and online “public opinion” is distorted by astroturf. The truth will be sought by the lawyers on both sides. People who are merely accused should have more privacy protections so their case can’t be hijacked by trolls.

• Marc

Here. She is assaulting someone who has a legitimate right to assemble and speak. Doesn’t matter where you like or dislike what they stand for. They have a legal right. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWoQfZgW7M
            Is this what she is teaching her middle school students? Oh, that’s right, she isn’t in class because she called in sick that day so she could go to Sacramento and attack peaceful marchers. Justiceplease you need to change your name….It seems obvious you don’t believe in justice for everyone. Now stop bothering me. Itsclear you are trolling everyone and are not interested in actual debate.

• justiceplease

You seem rather naive about the lack of context for such videos. How was such action provoked? I don’t know myself, and I leave it to lawyers to sort it out.

What do you think of various alt-right groups advising their group members on how to make weapons to engage in violence in Berkeley? Such advance planning seems like a step up from whatever spontaneous fight Felarca got involved in.

• Need_Ron_and_Maggie

Please find the professional help you need to treat your twisted liberal mind. Oh, and stop trying to convince white Americans that they are racists because of so called white privilege.

• Dadski

kidding right? The terrorist is this woman and you if you agree with her hate speech and racist behavior. Talk about bigots and homophobes wow. she’s a joke and needs imprisoned. If you cannot see it then you were probably one of her students brainwashed and ignorant of the fact that she by the very definition of terrorist and fascist is……her

• Alicia P Keaton

“Death threats”? Seriously, if you have proof of a specific person making a “true threat”, why haven’t you reported it?

Remember, hyperbole is not a true threat.

I suggest you check out Ken White’s website popehat.com He’s an attorney. Then, check out his write up regarding Reason Magazine and Preet Bahara.

The State does not protect a class – which is how you prefer to categorize everyone. We are individuals with individual rights.

• justiceplease

Very convenient for people who have their rights protected – often to the extent of providing a clear advantage over others. Ever wonder why Libertarians are mostly white males? Think about it.

• Alicia P Keaton

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Seriously. You’re wrong on the facts, you’re wrong on the law and you’re wrong on libertarians.

Maybe you should crawl into your safe space and hide from reality.

• justiceplease

This articles is 2 months old already. Maybe you should read something new instead of going around to astroturf old articles.

• Alicia P Keaton

Quit responding to me, pigf^¢ker. No one put a gun to your dumb@$$ head.

• Alicia P Keaton

Funny. You willingly pay taxes to allow yourself to have your a$$ reamed and your rights violated.

You don’t get it – do you? You bought into the whole social justice malarkey that you can engineer Utopia through government force & coercion. You just need to get the right people into government – (which would be your people on your team because your people are “smarter and more ethical”) and voila – perfection. You’ve created Utopia.

You need to grow up and face reality. You’ll never create Utopia at the point of a government gun and using government force & coercion. You’ll never get equality or justice using government force & coercion. Your Utopia doesn’t exist. It never has & it never will.

• justiceplease

And George Soros paid for me to have that opinion!

Who is paying you to astroturf a 2 month old article?

• Alicia P Keaton

Why are you responding, you moron? Why haven’t you blocked me?

You don’t know how to block – do you?

• justiceplease

I enjoy letting trolls hang themselves with their own words. You should double-check the threads where I *stopped* responding to you. It’s the point where it looks like you’ve clearly advertised what you are. ;)

• Alicia P Keaton

It doesn’t matter why. I control you.

• justiceplease

Okay, please say more about this control you think you exert.

• sundaze

Wow. Nothing like political abstracts….you are talking about those here illegally?

• Jacques Shellac

What are people who are substantially unprotected by the State supposed to do? Ask yourself, if the Klan is upset that an official of the NAACP has been invited to a school to speak out against cross burning, and if because of this scheduled event, these racists subsequently feel themselves to be “substantially unprotected by the State,” do they have the right to disrupt such a talk by force? What if they invoke the racist anti-White violence in Zimbabwe and South Africa as their “justification” for terrorizing Black activists into silence?

What are people supposed to do against the exercise of free speech rights? Optimally, they should listen to what is being said and make judgments for themselves. At the very minimum, they should abide by US constitutional law and allow the free exercise of these constitutional rights. If they decide to do otherwise, and further decide to give themselves license to punch, kick, bite and otherwise assault random people, set fire to property, and otherwise behave like violent rioters, they should be arrested and punished according to the applicable civil laws. If they are employed by a state-funded institution of higher learning, such as the University of Berkeley, efforts should be initiated to separate them from said institution on a permanent basis.

And no, the police do not have the right to use unjustified violence against people they don’t like either. If a person is being beaten senseless by the police for speaking out in favor of al-Qaeda (or the PLO, for that matter), they’ll very likely get sued by CAIR and/or the ACLU. I’m especially against the practice of police arresting people who record what they’re doing. But that’s beside the point, and you know it.

• justiceplease

The pedophile-apologist needs to stop hiding behind “free speech”.

• Jacques Shellac

No he doesn’t. And you aren’t a pedophile if you were the young person who was sexually molested by an older person. Nor is this the point – pedophiles, alleged or otherwise, have as much right to speak as Left fascist fanatics.

I can make up my own mind about what someone has to say, thank you very much. I don’t need a lunatic like Yvette Felarca to act as my violent, self-appointed thought-guardian. She, and everyone else who wants to “protect me” from ideas they don’t approve of, can go crawl back under the rock they came from.