Auto burglary, strong-arm robbery occur Friday in West Berkeley

alerts_DapreeDoyle_file
Dapree Doyle/File

An auto burglary and strong-arm robbery occurred on Idaho Street on Friday morning, according to Berkeley Police Department watch commander Lt. Andrew Rateaver.

According to Rateaver, the two incidents are related. The victim observed two suspects breaking into his car about 10:43 a.m. in the 3200 block of Idaho Street, which is a residential area in West Berkeley.

“(The victim) confronted the two suspects, and attempted to regain his property. A struggle ensued,” Rateaver said in an email. “The breaking into the locked auto is an auto burglary. The asportation of the property is the robbery.”

Rateaver said in his email that the victim sustained minor injuries during the strong-arm robbery and was not transported to a hospital.

Shortly afterward, BPD conducted area checks and witness interviews, according to Rateaver. The suspects, however, were not located or arrested.

The suspects were described as two Black males riding bicycles, Rateaver said in his email.

Check back for updates.

Chantelle Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.

• Kill TalmudScum

ALWAYS shoot an african monkey. Don’t waste your time with them; they are stupid violent animals, and we need to get this garbage out of human societies, along with the dog excrement who call themselves “jews” that enable their crime and violence. NEVER HESITATE TO PUT A BULLET IN THE HEAD OF AN AFRICAN CHIMP OR ITS JEWISH ENABLER.

• Kill TalmudScum

He SHOULD NOT have bothered “confronting” or trying to speak to an african ape: He should have just grabbed a rifle, shot the african chimps, and disposed of the body in the bay or any local toxic waste dump.

• Kill TalmudScum

Whites in Berkeley should form ARMED protection squads, and every time an african monkey victimizes a White human, the monkey needs to be hunted down and killed.

• Kill TalmudScum

Let’s pretend like we don’t know they’re black

• C Bierbauer78

However the Berkeley Police ossifers were successful in locating the buttocks with both hands in the dark. It was unclear whether the buttocks located were theirs of belonging to the victim.