The lazy baker’s guide to peanut butter cookies

pb_cookies_emma_sayiner3
Emma Sayiner/Staff

When I first came across this recipe, I really couldn’t believe it. In only three simple steps, I could have a full plate of warm, homemade peanut butter cookies. Absolutely no way. But yes, I promise it’s just that easy. Aside from the quick prep and 10-minute bake time, this recipe uses inexpensive, common ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. But the best part of all? Literally anyone can do it! This recipe is perfect for both the baker who readily concocts éclairs and the newbie who may (or may not) burn pasta. This simple cookie is for bakers everywhere, whether starters or experts. So say hello to the newest (and simplest) recipe in your collection!

Ingredients

1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth, but I prefer smooth)

1 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, measure out the peanut butter and sugar and add them with the egg to a bowl. Here’s where you can feel free to personalize! Feel free to swap smooth peanut butter for crunchy. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Toss in ½ cup of semisweet dark chocolate or peanut butter chips. You can even top with a Hershey’s Kiss. If you want to keep it simple, however, just mix the dough until it’s smooth and creamy.

pb_cookies_emma_sayiner4

Emma Sayiner / Blog Staff

Next, scoop and roll the mixture into small balls and place them on a prepared baking sheet. To ensure an even bake, flatten each cookie with a fork to create a cute criss-cross print on top. Your palm works just the same. Bake for 10 minutes, and enjoy!

pb_cookies_emma_sayiner1

Emma Sayiner / Blog Staff

Contact Emma Sayiner at [email protected].