Easy-peasy breakfast solved

brunch.clog.xia
Omil Xia/File

Time’s always tight in the mornings. We’ve got to put on clothes, shower, brush our teeth, comb our hair, maybe finish off that last bit of reading for sociology. More often than not, it’s just too easy to simply skip breakfast, despite it being “the most important meal.” Breakfast sets the tone for your day, and if you’re short on fuel, things just won’t turn out pretty. Since we at the Clog are always looking out for you, we’ve compiled a list of easy, yummy breakfast ideas that will solve your breakfast dilemma in one sweep.
1. Almond croissants
Time: seven minutes
Sounds fancy, doesn’t it? But it’s so easy, your jaw will drop. Simply take an old croissant (that hasn’t grown mold yet, of course), and cut it in half lengthwise. Then make your almond filling by mixing up some softened butter, almond meal and granulated sugar. Spread the filling inside the croissant, then bake it in a toaster oven for about five minutes. And voila! You’ve made yourself a delicious, decadent breakfast in under seven minutes.
2. Berry smoothie
Time: three minutes
Take a cup of frozen berries, some yogurt or milk and some ice. Blend it all up, and you’ve made a healthy, easy breakfast to eat on the go. The berries pack in tons of antioxidants, while the milk and yogurt will bring an extra calcium-and-protein boost to jumpstart your day.
3. Egg in a hole
Time: four minutes
Spray some nonstick cooking spray on your frying pan and heat it up. Take a slice of your favorite bread and cut a circle that’s slightly larger than the size of an egg yolk in the center of the bread. Eat the bread circle, then place the bread onto the pan. After 20 seconds, flip the bread to toast the other side. Crack an egg into the circle you cut out. Put the lid on the pan to speed up the process of cooking the egg. When the egg reaches your desired done-ness, your breakfast is ready!
4. Ham roll-ups
Time: three minutes
Are you on carb fast? Well, no fear, for this recipe is all about that protein. Simply take a few pieces of deli ham and roll up some lettuce and shredded cheese inside. Not only will the combination of protein and fat in the ham and cheese keep you satiated for hours, this breakfast is also a great way to get in a serving of veggies early on in the day.

Contact Judy Shan at [email protected].