BPD arrests individual for alleged drug, ammunition possession

crime_danielkim_staff
Daniel Kim/File

Berkeley Police Department’s Investigations Division arrested Anthony Beamon, 35, of Berkeley on March 16 for alleged possession and sales of methamphetamine and heroin, among other charges, according to a BPD Nixle alert released Thursday.
crime1On March 16 about 7 p.m., members of the Investigations Division received a search warrant for a residence on the 3800 block of Market Street in Oakland. Beamon, the subject of the warrant, was allegedly observed leaving the property for a car stopped in front of the residence.

After Beamon retrieved two backpacks from the car, officers tried to detain him, but Beamon dropped one of the backpacks and fled the scene. He was taken into custody after a brief chase, the alert stated.

The backpack Beamon had dropped was allegedly found to contain his GPS ankle monitor — issued by his bail bondsman — and a 40 caliber pistol. Further analysis revealed that the gun had previously been stolen in a residential burglary, according to the alert. The second backpack contained MacBook computers that BPD believes are stolen.crime2

Beamon was allegedly found to be in possession of sizeable quantities of methamphetamine and heroin, almost $4,000 in cash, packaging materials, scales and three firearms. Beamon also allegedly had a ballistic raid vest, which is believed to be stolen, and a taser.

Beamon was arrested for alleged possession and sales of methamphetamine and heroin, alleged possession of firearms and ammunition as a felon, alleged management of a drug house, alleged possession of stolen property, allegedly resisting arrest and allegedly committing a felony while being out on bail, among other charges.

Harini Shyamsundar is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @hshyamsundar.