Ann Coulter on campus will not be productive

coloredited_willowyang_ed0415217
Willow Yang/File

This bridge has a troll. And nothing good can come of trying to cross it.

On April 27, right-wing “polemicist” Ann Coulter will come to speak on campus about illegal immigration as part of a three-part series hosted by newly founded campus club bridgeCal.

Why this club thought Coulter was a reputable source to speak on an immigration is beyond us. With her past incendiary remarks toward Muslims, Mexicans and many other communities of color, Coulter has shown an unwillingness to partake in intellectual discourse. Simply put, she would astonish us if she sparked meaningful dialogue on campus.

But beyond that, bringing a controversial troll onto campus hoping to “bridge the divide” among political ideologies seems like a familiar attempt to “create a dialogue” — the same misguided rhetoric used by Berkeley College Republicans when they invited Milo Yiannopoulos to speak on campus in February. We all know how that ended.

In intent, bridgeCal’s invitation of a conservative, liberal and libertarian speaker onto campus to speak about illegal immigration is noble. But that members of BCR and bridgeCal elected to invite Coulter to represent conservative thought on campus reflects poorly on them — especially in comparison to the speaker who was invited to represent a liberal perspective, Maria Echaveste, the policy and program development director at the UC Berkeley School of Law and deputy White House chief of staff during the Clinton administration. Echaveste’s experience as an academic and in policy work puts her in stark contrast with Coulter, whose only qualification is stirring the pot.

BridgeCal’s parent organization, bridgeUSA, has described itself as a movement where “intellectualism meets empathy,” according to its website. Why, then, did they invite Coulter, who possesses neither of those qualities, to speak on campus? If bridgeUSA’s goal is to heal the “poisonous atmosphere plaguing civic discourse in this country,” then why does it not consider Coulter’s rhetoric as poisonous?

When members of bridgeCal spoke to our Editorial Board, they admitted that Coulter would likely not change anybody’s minds on campus and that much of her provocative comments in the past were to publicize her own book.

They have put a burden on the Berkeley community to show up for the Q&A portion. If Coulter’s past responses to Q&A portion are any indicator — for example, when she told a Muslim student to “take a camel” — then a productive discussion is not happening come April 27.

Perhaps if this speaking event had been formatted as a debate — where a moderator would facilitate a discussion to challenge ideas between a liberal speaker and Coulter — rather than a platform for rambling, uninterrupted hateful rhetoric, then this event could have been more interesting to watch. Instead, we will see unfold the same mistakes and subsequent absolution of guilt and responsibility from the parties that invited her onto campus.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of the Editorial Board as written by the opinion editor.

• peter

a smart person looks at both sides of an issue before they make a statement or come to a n agreement . i think this bashing of everything that has to to with rep.has to end, including rep. that dont follow their leader. get rid of federal funding for schools that will only look at one side and for the rep. that wont follow the party line, check if they are be funded by some lobby group. this seperating of the country needs to end and the trouble makers need to be silenced if breaking the law. a campus professer preaching treason needs to be removed and charged

• Laura H. Davis

Such a garden of childish competive egos .Mine is bigger better and brighter so eat my dust and wither with it.

• SMH

.

OH-SO-‘TOUGH’ ** ‘BRAVE’ ** ULTRA-RIGHT-WING WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALIST **GOON** _**SUCKER-PUNCHES**_ A ***WOMAN*** IN THE FACE DURING INVADING PRO-TRUMP RALLY IN BERKELEY:

https://www.youtube.com/wat

No woman would want to see *HIM* lurking around a “Take Back The Night” event…

.

• Laurence Jarvik

As a former Daily Cal Staff Writer and a Cal alumnus (Philosophy, 1977), I am embarrassed and ashamed to read the politically correct drivel in this editorial. The Daily Cal moved off-campus to defend its right to free speech and rejected university funding to insure independence, a legacy mentioned often when I worked there — but now the paper seems to see its role rather as some sort of prissy Speech Police Officer. You must know that Ann Coulter wrote a book specifically about immigration, as well as another about Trump, and has had 12 New York Times Bestsellers. She is clearly qualified to address a university audience, since she is also a lawyer and worked in the US Senate. She also appears on television. One would think student journalists might want to learn her secrets and follow in her footsteps, speaking truth to power. Instead, I’ve just read what seems like a crude personal denunciation that might have been dictated by apparatchiks from the Communist Party of the Soviet Union during the Stalin Era. Pathetic.

• SMH

.

YO Buzz Fledderjohn…!!

* * * HIGH-*FIVVVES* * * * !!!…

* * * WE HIT THE *TRIFECTA* * * * !!!

**MILO**…….***OUT***!!! …

**HOROWITZ**……***OUT***!!!…

and now

**COULTER**……***OUT***!!!…

* * * END OF STORY * * * !!!

…AND THAT’S ALL ‘SHE’ WROTE.

.

• SMH

.

OHHH!!…

I FORGOT TO *ADD*…!!:

* * * HA-HA-HA—HA-HA * * * !!!

.

• FreedomFan

This fascist campus censorship will continue until someone grows a pair and decides to put violent thugs in prison.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Again… Do you think that Ann Coulter lacks a forum for her ideas?

• FreedomFan

Again irrelevant, comrade.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

So, in other words, you won’t answer the question.

• FreedomFan

You Leftists don’t get to censor someone just because she wrote a book. Sorry.

Conservatives almost always win debates. This is why Democrats insist that they be censored…with violence if necessary.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

She’s clearly no censored. She has ample opportunity to promote her ideas (as insane as they are). But, I also have the right to say I do NOT want her divisive rhetoric to bring violence to my community.

Here’s what you guys keep doing. You think that “free speech” means that you can say whatever you like without being challenged. Well, my act of free speech is to tell you exactly how insane and wrong your ideas are.

• FreedomFan

Nice try, but everyone has seen the violence and bigotry by Leftists on campus.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

And everyone has seen the violence rhetoric coming from the far right that propagated the violence.

• FreedomFan

You are the same as black bloc. You don’t get to beat people up because you don’t like what they are saying. Are you even an American?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I don’t beat anyone up (physically) for anything. I am against violence. But I do get to speak my mind and do so aggressively on important matters.

Yes. In fact, I am American. My father and aunt tried to trace our ancestry to see where our family came from. It went back before the Revolutionary war, but they lost the trail deep in early Virginia colony. Suffice to say, my family has been here a very long time.

• FreedomFan

Americans believe in free speech, free markets and free people. Your ancestors would be ashamed.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Dude. I’m trying to find some form of common ground here with you and all you can do is punch me in the face.

Our nation can’t do that. And you can’t unilaterally define exactly what being an American is. Being American is a lot of things to a lot of different people. We will always disagree on many of those things. But having different ideas is EXACTLY what being American is about. The founding fathers vehemently disagreed on almost everything. But what they did was create a SYSTEM by which they and future generations could work through those differences in order to govern the nation.

Fascism is saying only one ideology is right. And that’s what I hear coming from YOUR side. My side is saying, yes we disagree! We disagree in very fundamental ways on many issues, but we MUST govern together. That means you get things you want and we get things we want. That is exactly how the founders envisioned this nation.

• FreedomFan

“Americans believe in free speech, free markets and free people.”

If you think that statement represents “fascism”, then we have no common ground.

America is a grand idea, based upon the shared value that “all men are created equal” and should be treated equally under the law. Leftists pervert that noble idea and insist that Big Brother ensure equal material outcomes. That is a fantasy, the pursuit of which results in crushing equality of opportunity and government tyranny.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

A) That’s not what I said.
            B) That’s not what leftist believe.

You’re creating a complete fiction about those you want to disagree with.

Nobody says anything about big brother. And, come on! Your Republican Congress and this President JUST signed legislation saying that internet providers can sell YOUR browser history. That is the very definition of Big Brother watching YOU.

It’s Democrats who are FIGHTING against these kinds of invasions into our individual privacy. Not ONE Republican voted against this law. NOT ONE!!

It is extremely clear the R’s are NOT out there fighting FOR you. They’re fighting for their corporate backers. The ones who paid for their campaigns and put them in office.

Dems are the ones fighting against this kind of intrusion.

• FreedomFan

I won’t pretend to defend Trump or GOP boneheads.

Meanwhile every single Democrat Senator voted to gut the first amendment in December 2015.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

How so?

• FreedomFan

DEMOCRATS MOVE TO PARTIALLY REPEAL FIRST AMENDMENT
            https://goo.gl/Vdpg19

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Ah… No.

That was NOT a move to repeal any part of the first amendment.

This is exactly the problem, FF. Someone writes an inflammatory headline that is not at all true, but it fits the story line you prefer, so you repeat it.

Again, nothing about that bill even started to repeal anything about the first amendment. That was a bill related to campaign spending by corporations. It was, again, Democrats trying to PROTECT Americans from letting corporations control our electoral process.

• FreedomFan

Good idea comrade. Let’s keep corporations like the New York Times from writing nasty things about Republicans. Are you down with that?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That’s not what the issue is.

The issue is about how much money large corporations can spend to put people into office, in the expectation that those elected officials will enact laws that benefit those corporations over their voting constituents.

And this is exactly what you see happening with the recent law I just mentioned. No one in ANYONE’S district wanted such a law that gave away their browser history. So why would those elected officials vote for such a thing? Well, because the corporations that pay for their campaigns wanted it. All those GOP reps essentially said, F the people, I need my campaign donations.

THAT is what Democrats are fighting against!!

• FreedomFan

So the New York Times gets an exemption from the Democrats?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

The NYT is a news agency. That is their business. They do journalism.

I can guarantee you that Hillary was none-too-happy about their coverage of her email server. So, what? Do you think the NYT should only report what you want them to report? They’re journalists. If it’s news they’re going to cover it.

Again, that has absolutely nothing to do with campaign finances and corporations.

• FreedomFan

So New York Times is not a corporation?
            Are some people more equal than others, comrade?
            Are you feeling stupid yet? At all?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Of course they’re a corporation, but I would object to them donating large amounts of money to specific candidates in order to influence law-making.

I don’t object to corporations at all. I started a business that grew into a full C-Corp.

What I object to is the current structure that states that corporations can donate to campaigns the same way individuals do, specifically because those corporations are controlled by a small number of people and can command levels of spending that individuals can’t match.

The “personhood” aspect of corporations was established for tax purposes, not for first amendment purposes.

• FreedomFan

How much does Carlos Slim donate to keep the New York Times afloat? Do only fat cat Mexicans get to influence US elections?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

You’re really going off the rails now, FF.

The NYT is a news agency. Period.

They report the news.

• FreedomFan

So does Fox News get to report on Democrats, but not Soros’ corporations like Media Matters? Cool.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

We’re not talking about reporting the news! Can you not get that straight?

The topic is corporations donating money to elected officials in order to influence law-making that benefits those businesses.

The only pony the news orgs have in the game is reporting the news!

• FreedomFan

Wrong. The Democrat Senators tried to reverse Citzens’ United in which Democrat politicians tried to ban books and movies they didn’t like.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Yes! Exactly! We’re trying to reverse Citizens’ United. That is NOT a repeal of the first amendment. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with banning books.

• FreedomFan

“That’s pretty incredible,” said Justice Samuel Alito. “You think that if a book was published, a campaign biography that was the functional equivalent of express advocacy, that could be banned?” Yes, Mr. Stewart said, if a corporation or union were paying for it.
            -Wiki

Obviously the easy way around this drivel is to change the form of organization to limited partnership. What a stupid argument.

The first amendment guarantees free speech for everyone, comrade. Not just just NY Times.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That’s NOT about “banning books.” That’s about corporations influencing elections!

Again, you’re fighting against your own interests here! The result of Citizens’ United has been billions of corporation dollars pouring into elections and those corporations expecting favorable laws OVER the best interests of constituents.

• FreedomFan

Candidates taking money from foreign governments is against the law. Yet Hillary took millions, funneled through her “charity”. Nothing happened.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Not true.

• FreedomFan

If it’s not about banning books, then why did the CU lawyer say it was? Hmmm?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

(facepalm)

Dude. It’s not ABOUT banning books. It is about banning corporate contributions to elections. That was ONE line from the entire day long course of arguments before the Supreme Court that was saying, if that language were printed in the form of a book, would it be disallowed under the law? That doesn’t mean this is ABOUT banning books. That means that if corporate contributions went into a book that was published for the purposes of influencing an election, under the law it should be disallowed.

• FreedomFan

I just showed you the quote from the government lawyer. Gawd you are dense.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No, dude. You are completely and utterly clueless as to the context of what’s being said.

The case is NOT about banning books. Period.

• FreedomFan

The case was about a movie. But the government lawyer admitted that the physical form of propaganda was irrelevant. So books were fair game. Do you seriously not get this?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Just a reminder that this whole thread started with you making the complete absurd statement that this was Dems trying to “repeal the first amendment.”

You’re on thin ice to think you have the faintest notion of what the Citizens United legal and Constitutional arguments were about.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

My god you have been filled full of lies. It’s amazing to me.

• FreedomFan

Hillary’s “charity” was a slush fund–a scam. Less than 10% of donations ended up going to an actual charity. After she lost the election, donations magically dried up. Surely you know this.

All anyone needed to contribute to Obama’s campaign was a credit card number. The donor could have been anyone, such as a foreigner. There was no name or address matching.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Also not true. You must give a US address to process a credit card.

• FreedomFan

“Sen. Barack Obama’s presidential campaign is allowing donors to use largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor’s identity, campaign officials confirmed,” reports the Washington Post’s Matthew Mosk. “Faced with a huge influx of donations over the Internet, the campaign has also chosen not to use basic security measures to prevent potentially illegal or anonymous contributions from flowing into its accounts, aides acknowledged.
            -NY Times

Gawd you are like a little child.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Did you bother to read the entire article and follow up articles on what happened after this issue came up in 2008?

• FreedomFan

Yes. Did you miss this?

“The Obama campaign has deliberately turned off the anti-fraud mechanisms available for internet credit card transactions. They have no clue how many millions or tens of millions of dollars have been donated to them in violation of federal election law. And now it turns out that the Obama campaign cheerfully takes even contributions from untraceable pre-paid credit cards, a/k/a ‘the pseudo-credit cards you use when you want to conceal illegal activity.’ ”

Democrats luv election fraud. They just want to limit contributions to GOP candidates.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Believe me. I contributed and filled out those very forms.

• FreedomFan

Perhaps your pals at the NY Times were lying then.

• SMH

.

HEY Buzz Fledderjohn…!!

* * * HIGH-*FIVVVES* * * * !!!…

* * * WE HIT THE ***TRIFECTA*** * * * !!!

**MILO**…….***OUT***!!! …

**HOROWITZ**……***OUT***!!!…

and now

**COULTER**……***OUT***!!!…

* * * END OF STORY * * * !!!

AND THAT’S ALL ‘SHE’ WROTE.

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

And I think they’re doing it for the right reasons, too.

It’s just what I’ve been saying all along here. This is bad for the city and for the community. It’s dangerous to have violent clashes like these breaking out.

And, Coulter has a near infinite number of places that would love to have her come speak. Her capacity to speak her opinions isn’t limited in any way.

• SMH

.

Yyyepp…

You’re exactly right.

I’m pretty busy these days — I’m in a particular situation where I’m trying to extricate myself from the machinery of white-supremacy [btw, a very good Berkeley friend of mine wrote a book called, “The Machinery of Whiteness”] — but maybe in a few weeks or so I’ll try to look you up.

You’re a really decent guy.

And don’t forget to check out:

_ “THE ACTIVISM ENTRY POINT: CRITIQUING THE CANCER IN OCCUPY DEBATE”_
            http://hiphopandpolitics.com/2012/02/17/the-activism-entry-point-critiquing-the-cancer-in-occupy-debate/

.

All the best to you and your family.

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Thx. And same for you.

• roccolore

You are a black supremacist bigot.

• SMH

.

Yyyepp…

You’re exactly right.

I’m pretty busy these days — I’m in a particular situation where I’m trying to extricate myself from the machinery of white-supremacy [btw, a very good Berkeley friend of mine wrote a book call, “The Machinery of Whiteness”] — but maybe in a few weeks or so I’ll try to look you up.

You’re a really decent guy.

And don’t forget to check out:

.

All the best to you and your family.

.

• SMH

.
            Hey Buzz…, Somehow my original reply to you got zapped, but I reposted it below.
            .

• SMH

Buzz, I wanted to make sure you saw this, if you hadn’t seen it before:
            .

*’OHHH-SSO-TOUGH’* ** ‘BRAVE’ ** ULTRA-RIGHT-WING WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALIST **GOON** _**SUCKER-PUNCHES**_ A ***WOMAN*** IN THE FACE AT A TRUMP PROTEST IN BERKELEY:

.

• SMH

.

OHH!!…

I FORGOT TO *ADD*…!!:

* * * HA-HA-HA—HA-HA * * * !!!

.

• SMH

Repeated:

Too bad the genocided or enslaved Native Americans, oh and the black slaves, oh and the West Coast Chinese semi-slave workers, oh and blacks later oppressed under Jim Crow laws & Segregation, oh and historically segregated Asians, oh and the Southwestern Latinos, oh and white women who couldn’t vote until the 1920’s and were virtually held in domestic work semi-slavery until the 1960’s, or Southern rural agricultural blacks held in peonage, or Appalachian whites held in poverty by coal companies, and all the non-white races that have at one time or another cyclically been scapegoated by white society, and all the even progressive political black rappers who’s lyrics have been censored, and all the black people who face *predatory policing*, and all the black people who face a discriminatory criminal-“justice” system, or even unarmed Black and Brown people who are regularly legally murdered by the *pigs*(cops), and (speaking of “free markets”) all the people (especially limited-income senior citizens) who aren’t permitted to buy lower-cost medications for even serious illnesses from *Canada*, didn’t know all that…

,

• SMH

.

STILL TRYING TO *REASON* WITH THOSE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING **NNUTTJOBS*, HUH, BUZZ?

.

• SMH

,

• jmburca

Please, read up on Mao’s Red Guards…all of you to espouse such BS are just as dangerous…thankfully the real world just outside of your campus bubble will not stand for such crap…you’re nothing more than children, with a child’s understanding of the real world, Alice in Wonderland…your narcissism is pathological.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Where do you get insane ideas like these?

• FreedomFan

It comes from becoming a tolerant adult. You wouldn’t understand.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Sorry, but what jmburca stated has absolutely nothing to do with tolerance. Nor does your response.

• FreedomFan

Only bigots and children shut down speech they don’t like.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Again, completely meaningless rhetoric. Bigotry has nothing to do with speech. And Children?

How old are you?

• FreedomFan

Look up the definition of “bigotry”, pops. It means “intolerance”.
            That is exactly what drives you Leftist Democrat censors and book-burners.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I’ll ask you the same question that I’ve asked several others.

Do you think Ann Coulter lacks a forum for her ideas?

• FreedomFan

Her ideas are in demand so people buy her books. So what?

Leftist ideas like yours infest every college and are enforced by the police state.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

(rolls eyes)

This is kind of the problem. You want others to listen to YOUR ideas but you’re completely unwilling to stop and listen to anyone else’s.

• FreedomFan

No I listen to all ideas. That’s why I win debates like this one.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

When you claim to win before the debate even starts you demonstrate, (a) your UNWILLINGNESS to listen, and (b) you show that your capacity for an actual discussion is severely limited.

• FreedomFan

Just smear me as a racist, demand censorship and declare victory.
            Typical Leftist.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

All of which I’ve not done.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

The only thing I’ve been demanding here is the right to live in a safe community, to not have people coming into the town where I live in order to promote violence.

• FreedomFan

If true, then you would oppose the black bloc thugs and not be championing their censorship of conservatives.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I do NOT champion the Black Bloc. But I also do not want people coming to Berkeley to promote fascism, which is ultimately going to draw in the Black Bloc people.

• FreedomFan

Speech is not violence. Deeming free speech “violence” or “hate speech” is just a flimsy Democrat technique to justify actual violence against the speakers.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That’s complete BS. Speech ABSOLUTELY can BE violent and promote violence. And that’s what the fascists are doing here.

Literally, they state that as their purpose!!

• FreedomFan

Inciting violence is against the law. Offending Democrats…not so much. Deal with it pal.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Look, these people are STATING that they’re going to Berkeley IN ORDER TO start a violent riot! That’s what they want!

• FreedomFan

When you censor speech, violence is all that is left.
            Enjoy, comrade.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Their speech is NOT censored! They have ample opportunity to say whatever they like. But as a community we have the right to say, NO! You can’t come here to spout violent rhetoric and provoke people to violence.

• FreedomFan

You can’t declare your little spot of America to be a “safe space” from offensive speech, comrade. That is a violation of my first amendment Constitutional rights.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

You also can’t go into a crowded theater and yell “FIRE!”

There ARE limits to free speech. The fascists coming to Berkeley are endangering people and our community.

• FreedomFan

The fascists are your pals, comrade. Conservatives are tolerant. Democrats are violent book-burning bigots.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

“The fascists are your pals, comrade.”

You do realize, the fascists in question here are Trump supporters. They openly call themselves fascist. They promote white supremacy, like the KKK. They don’t believe in inter-racial anything. They openly support a violent uprising for their causes.

And they are very enthusiastic Trump people!

• FreedomFan

No. That’s a lie. Conservatives hate fascists as much as we hate marxists. We love freedom. You love censorship and government force. Democrats have always been the fascists.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Well, whether you like it or not, the fascists are crawling into bed with YOU, not me.

• FreedomFan

When I marched with the Tea Party, you Democrats smeared us as racists. Now no one believes you, so the new lie is that we are “fascists”. Fascists don’t rally to support free speech. Fascists censor freedom, promote violence and hide their faces behind masks. You are not fooling anyone pal. You are only helping Trump.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Yeah… Well, the Tea Party did a very good job of expressing racist positions.

• FreedomFan

The late great Andrew Breitbart exposed the leftist Democrat lie that the Tea Party was “racist”. He offered $100,000 reward to anyone with video or audio proof that the “n-word” was used against the Congressional Black Caucus on the day they passed ObamaCare. Despite cameras and cellphones bristling everywhere, they couldn’t do it. It was all a lie. No one is buying your lies anymore, comrade.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Yup. Breitbart was another one who wanted to divide the nation.

• FreedomFan

Yes, you Leftists would probably have violently censored Andrew as well.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Andrew very clearly had extremely broad capacity to express his opinions, as crazy as they were. But yes, leftists would have loudly protested his vitriolic and violent rhetoric.

The disturbing things I remember coming from Breitbart were bits like saying, ‘A revolution is coming and WE have all the guns.’ That a direct call for one segment of Americans to murder another segment of Americans.

What you keep calling “censorship” is the fact that there are people out there merely saying NO, this kind of speech is NOT okay! It’s divisive and violent and can only lead to atrocities.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I think you should spend a little bit of time looking into who the people were that started the “pro-Trump” protest in Berkeley this weekend. They call themselves fascists.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Think about this for a moment…

How do you think the fascists in Germany came into power? Did they do it by saying, “We’re here to censor freedom, promote violence and hide our faces behind masks.”

No. They came to power by telling people they needed to stand behind the German flag, they talked about the greatness of the German people and their great German heritage. They talked about how their “enemies” were out to hurt them, to limit their freedoms, to attack their greatness.

This is what scares me when I listen to Donald Trump. He’s using the exact same authoritarian violent rhetoric to divid our great nation. He’s convinced people like YOU that people like ME are your enemy. That you need your guns to protect yourself against people like ME (when I’ve never touched a gun in my life).

There are ways to disagree and govern a nation. But it can’t be all one way or the other. We all have to compromise. We have to argue our beliefs, certainly. But we also have to accept that others believe differently and that we all have to live under the same great flag.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I think you’re confusing socialism with fascism.

• FreedomFan

There are many flavors of tyranny, but only one freedom.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That’s a very sad oversimplification. Very comic book-like.

• FreedomFan

Democrats believe that Socialism is the “good” form of tyranny. Ask Venezuelan people, comrade.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No, that’s not what Democrats believe. That’s what people who don’t talk to Democrats are telling you we believe.

What we do believe in is a mixed economy. The marketplace is great for many things. There are other things that require socialized solution. Roads, sewers, electricity, food safety, drug safety, clean air and water, etc. Those are things that make us collectively better and benefit people over the course of generations. A totally socialistic system can’t do everything. A completely unrestrained capitalistic system can’t do it all. We have prospered greatly under a mixed economy.

• FreedomFan

The proper purpose of government is to provide physical and legal protection for individuals to flourish, allowing each to exercise his own free will in pursuit of happiness. Free will is the essence of being human because it occurs no where else in known creation.

Democrats want to crush free will, and create a society of ants subservient unto elitist rulers who get to decide how to do everything. That is how Americans became saddled with the un-Constitutional Obamacare and other socialist outrages.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Where do you get these “democrats want to…” ideas. Nothing could be further from the truth!!

Why would ANYONE want to crush free will?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

First off, Obamacare went before the Supreme Court and was held up as Constitutional. So, you’re already wrong there.

Our nation has been trying to work out a solution for healthcare for many decades. We are one of the few developed nations who doesn’t have a nationalized healthcare system. We pay more per capita for healthcare than any other developed nation, and we have some of the worst healthcare services.

Before Obamacare I remember my healthcare costs going up 30-50% per year. It was unsustainable for most Americans. Obamacare is not perfect but things are more stable with it. And if R’s would be willing to work with D’s (they won’t) the problems that exist could be fixed, or at least improved.

• SMH

.

I KEEP *TRYING* TO *TELL* YOU, BUZZ: …BECAUSE THEY’RE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING *RACIST* **NNNUTTJOBS**!!

But you, Buzz, keep trying to *intelligently reason* with them.
        .

• MagicalMcgoo

I wonder what would happen if someone at a newspaper called Elizabeth Warren or some other liberal woman a ‘troll’. It just goes to show just how flimsy the left-wing group-think really is.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Warren happens to promote inclusive rhetoric. She’s trying to help defend people from Wall Street profiteers. She promotes things like the Consumer Bill of Rights designed to keep monopolistic mega corporations from cheating people out of their life savings.

That’s a far cry from the divisive and violent rhetoric that Coulter promotes.

• FreedomFan

Elizabeth “woo-woo” Warren is just another Marxist masquerading as a Democrat.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That’s completely meaningless rhetoric designed to do nothing more than inflame.

How old are you?

• FreedomFan

I’m old enough to know that consumers need protection…from government. California is raising gas taxes by 42% which will go into the general fund and then pad the fat salaries, Cadillac health plans and morbidly obese defined-benefit pensions of lazy, unionized bureaucrats.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

What you may have forgotten is that we have government By the People, Of the People and For the People. Are you saying we need protection from ourselves?

I would say the problem is the opposite. Consumers need protection from corporations who can afford armies of lawyers to craft structures that are designed to lighten your wallet while giving you the least possible for your money.

There is nothing remotely accurate or rational about what you’re stating.

• FreedomFan

What unbelievable twaddle. Yeah the government is just another name for things we do together. Trump runs the government. Are you then a Trump fan? Utterly meaningless, naive claptrap.

Corporations have competition. Government doesn’t. That why business produces the best products at the lowest prices, while government strangles us with red-tape and taxes.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No, Trump does NOT “run the government.” The Federal government is a system of checks and balances specifically designed so that no one individual can have too much power.

Corporations have competition… to an extent. When you sign up for internet at home, what are your choices? Often you have one choice. If you’re lucky enough to have two (ATT or Comcast) there is no difference between them. They represent a collective monopoly.

• FreedomFan

Utilities are natural monopolies, comrade. Econ 101. Do they still teach that at Cal?

Utilities must be regulated because it is not efficient to run multiple FIOS wires or sewer pipes into every home.

Almost all other goods and services are far better provided by the free market (which marxists smear as capitalism).

It appears you have much to learn and could educate yourself by attending a talk by any Conservative.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Just to let you know, I’m a business person. I’ve run a successful manufacturing business for over 30 years. I know something about these issues.

There are many things that the marketplace does extremely well. Markets are great motivators and drivers of innovation (again, I’m a liberal saying this). But markets are also motivated for shorter term interests. Governments play the roll of generational scale responsibilities that markets don’t do. The CEO of BigCorp doesn’t have any fiduciary responsibilities to later generations. He has a responsibility to produce the maximum return for current shareholders. His responsibility is actually to give as LITTLE as he can to customers in order to get them to part with the largest portion of their money possible. That is how it works.

• FreedomFan

Then you have lived a long time to have learned so little. Only in Berkeley.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Long enough to make a lot of money. And do good things for my employees.

• FreedomFan

Established businesses adore regulation by their government cronies. This keeps away competition and fattens their profits. How am I doing?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I started my business with all of about $200 in my bank account. In manufacturing there are lots of regs but they apply them in ways that make it easier for small businesses to comply. The larger you get the more (appropriately) stringent the regs get, because your business has greater potential to affect more people. And you have a greater capacity to comply.

The very good thing about regulations is they weed out the hacks. When other small growing businesses can’t manage to pull their act together to deal with regs, they suffer. And they should. The bigger you are the more responsible and organized you need to be.

• SMH

.

REPOSTED (& slightly modified to include “FF”), Buzz, just to make sure you saw this:

Anne: “FreedomFan – I agree that Obama did everything he could to create race division in our country. He’s the true fascist here.”

FreedomFan: “Elizabeth “woo-woo” Warren is just another Marxist masquerading as a Democrat.”

You see, Buzz Fledderjohn, “Anne”/”FF” [or whatever name one of these other right-wing nutjobs are posting as *this* time] is the kind of _CRAZED ‘*CHRISTIAN* TALIBAN’ *IDIOT*_ that you are actually trying to have a *rational* conversation with.

And, Buzz, you think that it’s actually *possible* to *do* so.

When some white person says something as *RRRACIST* AND *STUUUPID* as what “Anne”/”FF” said above, then that should tell you that you need go NO FURTHER with them. You either just SKIP OVER them or just make *FFUNN* of how *STUUUPID* they *ARE*!

I mean, aside from “Anne”/’FF” being so DEEPLY RACIST, we know that NO ONE AS SHEERLY **STUPID** AS “ANNE”/”FF” could *ever* get into UC Berkeley (or anything besides some ‘Christian Taliban’ “college”) — oh “Anne”/”FF” would be one of the town *JOKES* out here — let alone that — like ALL of these right-wing *NUTJOBS* posting comments — she’s not even *from* or *living* in Berkeley or even the Bay Area!

And I’m sure those *NUTJOBS* are *not* just regular readers of the *Daily Cal*, so the only reason they’re here is because some *other* RABID-RIGHT-WINGER *told* them about the opinion piece above — or maybe they *do* just sit around all day lookingI for stuff in the Daily Cal to pounce on. And no more than “Sam”, it’s not like they have professional jobs. The only real jobs they have are being **NUTJOBS*…!

And, Buzz (although I appreciate your thoughts and especially the wording, which I’ll even borrow from, of most of what you say, and to hear a bit about your background in Berkeley, I’ll look you up one day), it’s like you’re trying to have a *RATIONAL* conversation with people in a NUT*HOUSE*!!

THIS IS WHY EVEN THE *RICH* *ALL-WHITE* SMALL CITIES — EVEN WITH THEIR SHARE OF REPUBLICANS — IN THE BAY AREA WOULDN’T WANT *THESE* WHITE RIGHT-WING *NUTJOBS* STOMPIN’ AROUND IN THEIR STATELY CITIES.

“Anne”/”FF” probably still thinks that Obama is a *radical Islamist* born in “Black Hawk Down” *Somalia*!

.

• ESPM360

All you need to know about Warren is she masquerades as an American Indian. She takes the spot of deserving minorities in the academic world.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

(rolls eyes)

• ESPM360

You mean closed eyes.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No.

It’s just you made a really really stupid comment hardly worthy of a response.

• ESPM360

You are ignoring the truth. Keep it up.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No. Just ignoring pointless idiotic comments.

• ESPM360

Said the blind man.

• SMH

.

Geee, Buzz…: HOW MANY *ALIAS* DISQUS ACCOUNTS — errr, *PERSONALITIES* — DO THOSE PSYCHE-WARD-**CRAZY** ULTRA-RIGHT-WINGERS — now “ESPM360” — **HAVE**!!??

(Notice how “ESPM360” chimes in — takes over — without missing a *beat* — exactly the same time that “FreedomFan” and you, Buzz, were debating Elizabeth Warren! Oh what amazing good-luck *timing*! I’m glad that you were a lot smarter in business that you are in the ways of the internet and social media savvyness. It’s either multiple aliases or they’re just coordinating their tag-team attacks on you — while *purposely* sucking up your time: yes, some right-wing idiots indeed have *nothing* better to do with their lives — and *Trump* is the only real meaning in it.)

.

• SMH

.

Oh *LOOK*, Buzz, now one of those RABID-RIGHT-WINGER WHITE GUYS is suddenly concerned about *minorities*: you know.., the kind that Coulter says *don’t* deserve any Affirmative Action — while she claims that Bush II got into Yale University, *without* the help/name/influence of his daddy, with (even the max Coulter would claim, after starting lower) a _ 600_ SAT score!! I guess by “deserving minority” ESPM360/FF must mean LEFT-HANDED ADULT WHITE GUYS UNDER 5’2″!!

Ha-ha-ha…!!

But, actually, AT WARREN’S AGE, she undoubtedly, as a *female* student way back then, undoubtedly *WAS* an under-represented — and certainly academically deserving — minority in college — and even more certainly when she went to *LAW SCHOOL way back then, and even more certainly when she worked for a *LAW FIRM* way back then, and just as certainly when she became a *LAW SCHOOL LECTURER* and later *LAW PROFESSOR* way back when she first started. So, on *either* the basis of being a woman or of Native American ancestry she would have been *both* an under-represented — *&* deserving — minority — and deserving of whatever Affirmative Action she got (in a system that, in general, heavily discriminated against *qualified* minorities, and even progressively so as one went up the academic or corporate ladder way back in those days right from the entry door).

And if Warren’s family goes far back enough in the part of Oklahoma where they lived, she could very easily have part Native American blood, just as many Black Oklahomans, and even many Southeastern Blacks do (including one of my own Black parents, whose grandmother looks *very* Native American).

In fact, the required legal / official / tribal Native American ancestry quotient in Oklahoma is so relatively low (something like *1-eighth* Native American), to legally be recognized as Native Americans, that many Native Americans (there and elsewhere) look *white* — and are, in fact, usually much more *WHITE* than Native!

But, morally sadly, most the majority *WHITE*-quotient Native Americans in Oklahoma — nonetheless exhibit THE DISEASE OF WHITE RACISM — one disease from white racists that the White Native Americans still have — heavily discriminate against BLACK Native Americans in Oklahoma, who are just as much Native Americans as the WHITE Native Americans in Oklahoma, who won’t even grant Black Native Americans tribal recognition — because those *RACIST* WHITE Native Americans don’t want to include or share the VERY LUCRATIVE casino, etc., earnings & grants with Black Native Americans.

But, I’m telling all this for *you*, Buzz, not for those ultra-right-wing *NUTJOBS* comment posting around here.

.

• KillerMarmot

Has this editorial board ever recommended that a talk from a progressive speaker be cancelled for being “non productive?”

If not then either (1) all progressive speakers are worthy of being listened to, or (2) this editorial board is only concerned with certain types of trolls, namely conservative ones.

Option (1) strikes me as improbable. Option (2) not so much.

• SMH

.

*Yyyyepp*…!!: *RIGHTFULLY* on *both* (1) & (2)…

:-)

.

• Anne

Can’t you find something much more worthy of your hatred? Where were you liberals when a doctor in MI performed female genital mutilation on 7-year-old girls? I guarantee, this is happening a lot more often in the US than on just these 2 girls. http://www.wxyz.com/news/detroit-emergency-room-doctor-charged-with-child-genital-mutilation

Or what about the person (not human) who put a firecracker in a dog’s mouth…for fun. Or pulls all the teeth from a dog and then uses it as a bait dog? Where is your anger then? http://hendrickboards.com/critical-needs-collection

Why aren’t you fighting against the sex-trafficking industry that is now the 3rd largest criminal enterprise?

Who cares if Ann Coulter being on campus is “productive” or not? Just let her speak and if you don’t like her then don’t go.

Honestly, your name-calling and inciting language in this article is blatant bullying, not an educated “opinion”. When you compare her speaking engagement to the 3 items I listed above it reflects poorly on every person on the editorial board.

• E.

Big thumbs up Anne. It’s as if all those nice ladies marching in pink hats don’t know about acid attacks, FGM, forced child marriages and human trafficking. But no. Since it isn’t white Americans doing it, it’s not evil. And they don’t notice. smh

• Anne

Exactly.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

And you’ve been all over the doctor in MI for how long? …Like, since it hit the news this morning?

WTF does that have to do with the issue being discussed HERE?

And just to let you know, yes, liberals DO care about such issues.

But maybe YOU don’t live in Berkeley and YOU don’t have a pony in this particular race.

• Anne

Oh I see. Berkeley is a universe unto itself therefore no opinions are respected except those from Berkeley and those agreeing with you personally Buzz. Please make sure all the national media does not come to your campus. Kick them off. Shut them down. If we cannot comment then we don’t want to hear your whining.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

My concern is for the SAFETY of my community. Ann Coulter, and fascists groups are coming here to create violence.

The park where the riot took place this past weekend is DIRECTLY in front of Berkeley High School. It’s downtown where people are shopping, out with their kids in strollers and such.

I have no problem with Coulter and all the neo-Nazis saying whatever they like, but do it somewhere that it doesn’t put people in DANGER!

Is that really too much to ask?

• FreedomFan

Your Black Bloc Democrat pals are the ones who bring the violence, genius.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

As I said a moment ago, I do not support them. BUT it’s not them who are bringing the violence. They are responding to it. They are coming here because of it.

• FreedomFan

Obvious B.S. Black Bloc thugs burned things and beat people up before the right-wing mob ever responded. Now you can count on a response.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

NOPE! That is completely backward.

The fascists at the protest organized it AS a violent event. They put out materials telling their followers how to make weapons, discussed tactics on the battle, long before the event even started. They also deliberately put instigators in amongst the Black Bloc, dressed like them, whose purpose is to start the battle.

• FreedomFan

Yeah the Black Bloc is not violent…it’s the right-wingers.
            Sounds like same nonsense spouted by moral midget, robert reich.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Where did I say this?
            In fact, I did NOT say this. I do not endorse the BB’s tactics. But what I do know is, when the fascists openly organize these events for violence, the BB are going to also be there. Fck. Throw the entire lot of them in jail!

• FreedomFan

Democrats haven’t changed much in 150 years. Once they were a violent mob of bigots wearing white masks and hoods; now they are a violent, bigoted mob wearing black masks and hoods.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

What a completely bizarre comment.

You clearly don’t understand the history of the US southern states (I grew up in the south). You don’t understand the “southern strategy” that flipped the south to republican.

You also clearly don’t understand that the fascists coming to Berkeley are promoting the exact same ideologies as the KKK.

• FreedomFan

Obama used the so-called “Southern Strategy” on steroids to divide the country. The result is the Berkeley riots and the start of civil war.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

LOL!

You really don’t know what the southern strategy was.

Nice.

• FreedomFan

Everyone knows what it is. Everyone also knows that Obama did the same in reverse against whites and cops.

• Anne

Buzz – I hear your concern for your city. The groups that staged the rally last weekend were fascist. However, Ann Coulter is not a fascist and anyone who calls her such is just plain stupid. She is very much in favor of our Constitution. bridgeCAL is providing one side of the story. Again – if the left doesn’t like her then don’t go near her.

FreedomFan – I agree that Obama did everything he could to create race division in our country. He’s the true fascist here.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Nope. Ann Coulter is the queen of divisive hateful rhetoric. Fascism is, by definition, rule by one ideology over all others and that is what Coulter promotes.

And no, Obama did NOTHING at all to create race division. You brought that on yourselves. Obama went into office looking to find common ground (like I was TRYING to do with FF) but was immediately rebuked. Every opportunity the Republicans had to try to work with Democrats was squandered by the R’s. The R’s entire strategy was to do nothing that would help our nation because it would be on O’s watch. Repeatedly D’s offered up programs that were DESIGNED and endorsed by R’s but they were rejected under O. Because…? What? Suddenly your OWN PROGRAMS are bad because they’re proposed under Obama?

That’s not love of country. That’s hatred of a black president. And I know what made it really hard for you folks. The fact that he was Presidential. He conducted himself in a manner we expect of a President. He was well informed. He worked hard. He represented the very best of who we are as a nation, in all it’s diversity. He represented the entire nation.

From the point of view of Democrats (and anyone who rationally tracks policies) Obama was every bit a moderate, ideologically closer to Reagan than to Carter. It’s just that the right has gone far far FAR right in recent years.

• Anne

Buzz, we will have to disagree. I tried to find a common ground with you and you (as a leftie) refused. So be it. We have had more race issues because of B.O. and his hate of America and the Constitution. He has done nothing for our country except cause havoc. R’s didn’t “hate” him (your words) because he was black. R’s didn’t like him because he truly didn’t love, or even like, the US. Remember when Michelle said “for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country”? That is indicative of her, and his, views and feeling toward the US. They were only proud because they wanted to invoke “change” away from a republic.

Actually, the main reason our country is having so much trouble is because so many have turned from God. And not just any god, the Christian God with Jesus his Son. The turning away from God and Jesus is the main cause of the hatred and division. You, sir, are continuing this with your hateful discourse. I will pray for you.

• SMH

.

Nice explication, Buzz…

(Except that I don’t believe this about Obama, anymore than, say, about Bush I : “He [Obama] represented the very best of who we are as a nation.” I believe that, after Bush II, the system needed someone who could speak the English language again, and in order to mend relationships with our major Western European allies that, except for the UK, Bush II had dissed — and for the system to put literally THE ULTIMATE FACELIFT on U.S. neoliberal foreign policy and put THE ULTIMATE PRETENSE that the U.S. is a real & meaningful “democracy”.)

But you’re tying to talk rationally with ULTRA-RIGHT-WING **FFOOOLLLS**!!

–Not gonna work…

.

• anonymous 13

Buzz-“Nope. Ann Coulter is the queen of divisive hateful rhetoric. Fascism is, by definition, rule by one ideology over all others and that is what Coulter promotes”.
            Sure sounds like the definition of todays progressive liberal

• SMH

.

You see, Buzz Fledderjohn, “Anne” [or whatever name one of these other right-wing nutjobs are posting as *this* time] is the kind of _CRAZED ‘*CHRISTIAN* TALIBAN’ *IDIOT*_ that you are actually trying to have a *rational* conversation with.

I mean, aside from “Anne”/’FF” being so DEEPLY RACIST, we know that NO ONE AS SHEERLY **STUPID** AS “ANNE” could *ever* get into UC Berkeley (or anything besides some ‘Christian Taliban’ “college”) — oh “Anne” would be one of the town *JOKES* out here — let alone that — like ALL of these right-wing *NUTJOBS* posting comments — she’s not even *from* or *living* in Berkeley or even the Bay Area!

And, Buzz (although I appreciate your thoughts and especially the wording, which I’ll even borrow from, of most of what you say), it’s like you’re trying to have a *RATIONAL* conversation with people in a NUT*HOUSE*!!

“Anne” probably still thinks that Obama is a radical Islamist born in “Black Hawk Down” Somalia!

.

• KillerMarmot

Posts are always more persuasive when you capitalize every second sentence.

• davidk

Sounds like the EB needs a safe space.

• ESPM360

Could you please provide us a list of approved conservative speakers.

• KillerMarmot

Dwight D. Eisenhower

… and that’s pretty much it.

• Horatio Guderian

It’s Hate Speech if the Thugs don’t like it. Speech, diplomacy and war are different ways of handling disagreement. So what happens when anti-Whites shut down speech?

• SMH

I guess that’s *why* most of the window-smashing, fire-setting, “Anarchists” are *white* — because they’re “ant-Whites” — except for the undercover *COPS* in black hoodies, face-bandanas, and black boots, doing the same thing, which many of us have discovered before!

.

• David Bach

What an incredibly scary place Berkeley must be. It’s the definition of an Orwellian nightmare. There is an open call for people to be physically assaulted and death threats made against them, and the illustrious editorial board of the Daily Californian sits with their collective thumbs up their butts. Do you truly hate that much? What is it going to take? A dead student? Your police will do nothing. From what I’ve seen, you would probably lead the mob to have the body dragged though the streets.

Berkeley is a very, scary place.

• SMH

Don’t *like* Berkeley?…: DON’T COME HERE.

• Horatio Guderian

If you anti-Whites drive people into the totalitarian camp to save our race, that is your doing.

• SMH

I guess that’s *why* most of the anti-racist, window-smashing, fire-setting, “Anarchists” are *white* — because they’re “ant-Whites”.

I.e., those who weren’t window-smashing, street-fire-setting, car-jumping-&-smashing, gun-toting, undercover *COPS* *pretending* to be “Anarchists”, as in other Berkeley/Oakland demos and marches — as some of us have actually personally seen before!
          .

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No one is expressing an “anti-white” view. That your own paranoid projection.

And as for “saving our race”… (facepalm) caucasians are a very VERY long way from disappearing. You’re speaking completely irrational dog whistle rhetoric which has absolutely no basis in reality.

• E.

Student SJWs at the University of California-Berkeley — Berkeley?! What a shocker! — gathered in front of a bridge on campus and forcibly prevented white people from crossing it, while allowing students of color to pass. Because racism is OK if the white oppressor is the victim.

The student activists apparently had been angered that one of their official safe spaces for trans students, gay students, and students of color had been moved from the fifth floor of a building to the basement, according to Reason.com. So in retaliation for this clearly racist insult, pro-safe space demonstrators blocked off the bridge completely with a massive human wall. White students who actually wanted to get to class — you know, because they’re in college to learn — were force to cross a stream by jumping from rock to rock. A steady stream of students, if you’ll pardon the pun, can be seen doing so in the video.”

• SMH

.

E.: “Student SJWs at the University of California-Berkeley — Berkeley?! What a shocker! — gathered in front of a bridge on campus and forcibly prevented white people from crossing it”

**GOOD** FOR THEM…

THAT’S AT LEAST **ONE** DAY WE KNEW THAT THERE WOULDN’T BE ANY RIGHT-WING GUN-LOVIN’ WHITE MASS MURDERER **SHOOTERS** ON CAMPUS…

BECAUSE *THAT* WAS THE ONLY WALKWAY THAT WHITE STUDENTS COULD *GET* TO THEIR CLASSES.

.

• Horatio Guderian

Why are you afraid of people who obviously can’t defend their world view?

• Lon Mead

“We all know how that ended.”

Yes. Without allowing him to speak, several “protesters”, some of them even Berkeley students, caused thousands of dollars in damage to the campus, even after the program had been cancelled.
    Even the mention of a provocative speaker from the right leads to howls of outrage from the left and an automatic dismissal of anything that they may have to say, and no desire to give them any kind of hearing. The campus left is responding, not to a person and their ideas, but a caricature that they have created of that person and their ideas.

• SMH

Lon Mead “Even the mention of a [demagogic] speaker…, no desire to give them any kind of hearing.”

**GGOOODD**…

Who’s got the tar & feathers & pitchforks ready…?

(Ha-ha-ha…)

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Are the people responding actually UC students?

• Lon Mead

In the case of this editorial? Yes. In the rioting? Probably some, but certainly not all.

• SMH

“Are the people responding actually UC students?”

(Asks Buzz Fledderjohn to Lon Mead.)

Are either one of *you*?…

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I’m a 25 year resident of Berkeley but not a student.

• SMH

So if you don’t like the campus protests against wanton *demagogues*, then STAY AT HOME — and keep your “young children” there too!

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

How about… FU.

I have every right to be concerned about my local community and the safety of the people in my community.

• SMH

Buzz Fledderjohn: “I have every right to be concerned about my local community and the safety of the people in my community.”

Well, Milo, Horowitz, and Coulter AREN’T FROM the local community.

So,”How about… *FU*”, if you ever come down to *defend* them if they come here…: we got somethin’ waiting for you *too*! [See video online, of campus & Bancroft, of self-admitted *pro-pedophile* Milo’s white racist supporters!]

Too bad you’re not concerned about the safety of all the minorities (especially Arab/Muslim members of the campus & local community) that RIGHT-WING RACISTS *DEMAGOGUES* endanger.

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Of course they aren’t from here. They also don’t represent ideas of anyone living here. They’re presenting ideas that are anathema to everything America stands for.

I believe they are USING Berkeley as a staging ground to incite violence! I believe the University and the City of Berkeley should not allow them to speak here. There are plenty of other venues for their insane rhetoric. They don’t need to spew their insanity here, nor do the people of Berkeley need to put up with these kinds of events that propagate violent activities.

• SMH

Okay, Buzz, we’re on the same page now — with one minor correction in brackets: “… events that [incite] violent [responses].”

So, in their own EXPLOITATIVE way — for financial gain — Milo, Horowitz, Coulter, etc., are committing “INCITEMENT TO VIOLENCE” — AND *NO* UNIVERSITY SHOULD ACCEPT THAT.

In fact, as I’ve pointed out in some of my other comment posts, those *WANTONLY* RACIST DEMAGOGUES *ENDANGER* the safety of minorities on campus — by amping up and giving right-wing *LOONIES* — EVEN THE *COPS* (WHO’VE LEGALLY MURDERED completely innocent BROWN-SKIN ASIANS, even elderly ones, “reported as suspicious”, just for walking down the street) — white racist ‘license’ to do minorities harm!

In a few comment posts already under Daily Cal articles about Horowitz and/or Coulter, there have been white right-wing loonies — one with a picture of an AR-15 assault rifle next to his “name” — implying that they would *shoot* protesters.

So, those white racist right-wing *LOONIES* — implicitly egged on by NATIONALLY NOTORIOUS WHITE *DEMAGOGIC* RACISTS — are saying that a *specific* group of people — anti-racist protesters — should be *SHOT* at a *specific* event.

We know that in a strongly gun-loving society this could easily — and has *BEFORE* — provoke some nutcase thinkin’ he’s ‘The Great White Hope’.

.

• E.

Of COURSE, because you are shutting down speech you don’t like, you upholder of American values, you. Gosh, we’re sure glad you’re doing your part!

• Buzz Fledderjohn

REALLY???

So, if she can’t speak in Berkeley she has NO other venue to speak her mind?

Wow. I never knew Berkeley was that all powerful. (sarc)

• SMH

,

I KNOW I DID *MY* PART, WHEN *I* HELPED RUN *MILO’s* AZZ RIGHT OUTTA TOWN…

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• E.

NOTE TO ALL CONSERVATIVES, CONSTITUTIONALISTS, LIBERTARIANS AND SMALL GOVERNMENT SUPPORTERS: I WILL BUY 25 COPIES OF ANY BOOK YOU PROMOTE AT BERKELEY. Support the #ReverseBoycott

• jim hoch

how many speakers have changed anyone’s mind?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Ann Coulter coming to Berkeley to speak is nothing more that a provocation to violence. This is exactly her intent and purpose for coming to our city. She has more than ample capacity to make her voice heard where ever she likes. She’s given a megaphone for her hateful speech far more often that she deserves. Allowing her to speak here serves no other purpose than to turn the city into a violent battle line. It’s bad for the city, it’s bad for our local community, it’s bad for advancing any kind of positive relationship between people of differing ideas.

• Lon Mead

“Ann Coulter coming to Berkeley to speak is nothing more that a provocation to violence.”

In what way? Who is threatening violence? Which side side is it that has, in fact, engaged in violence when confronted with… a speech? Who is it that has smashed windows, set fires, and damaged ATMs on campus when confronted with… ideas they don’t like? You can call what people like Yiannopoulos and Coulter say “hateful speech”, but wouldn’t it be more effective to counter their ideas with… ideas, rather than shouting and violent actions? As you point out, Ann Coulter has any number of outlets she can use to put her ideas out there. Why should there be violence at this venue? Her “intent and purpose” is to give a speech. However you may disagree with her, that’s all she’s there to do. The violence seems to be coming from a group of people who simply do not want her to be heard. If you don’t want violence, don’t put up with it, and don’t let it be acceptable from either side. Encourage the Berkeley Police to be severe with those who engage in violent actions.

Disagreement is to be expected. Arguing with someone is acceptable. Threatening them with harm is not. Throwing a brick is not a protest, it is rioting.

• SMH

Lon Mead is ACTUALLY STILL DEFENDING a *PRO-/PEDOPHILE*!! — **MILO**!!

–THE KIND OF PERSON — MILO — WHO WOULD GET SEVERELY BEATEN UP, OR EVEN KILLED, IN *PRISON*!! — BY CONVICTED *FELONS*!! — EVEN *DEATH ROW* PRISONERS WOULD KILL SOMEONE LIKE *THAT*…: THAT OUGHT TO *TELL* YA SOMETHING ABOUT MILO…

— Someone — *MILO* — that NOT EVEN MILO’s ULTRA-RIGHT-WING EMPLOYER (who fired him), PUBLISHER (who dropped him), OR A NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONFERENCE (who finally repudiated him), COULD NO LONGER DEFEND.

DO THOSE BERKELEY COLLEGE REPUGLICANS HAVE ABSOLUTELY *NO* HUMANITY — AT ALLL???…

Indeed, SMH…

.

• Lon Mead

No, I’m defending an exchange of ideas. I can’t stand Yiannopoulos. I don’t care for some of his beliefs and I don’t have any use in the way he chooses to express them. But the reaction there at Berkeley was way over the top… and unnecessary, since the event had been cancelled well before any of the “protesting” (rioting) started.

You claim that all Coulter wants is to use video of your supposedly “justified” violent response as publicity and to make money. You know what works as an effective defense against that? Don’t give them anything to video. Ignore them.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I agree. They should all be ignored, but they know they’re going to draw out a reaction.

• Lon Mead

Then use discipline. Nobody’s making anybody go to these things. So if you don’t want to be a part of it, simply don’t attend.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

But I live here. I have young children in school here. This has been my home for the past 25 years. When I see people using my city as a staging ground for violent activities to promote their ideologies, I can’t ignore that.

• Lon Mead

You have my every sympathy for your situation. I know the Berkeley area, and I think it’s beautiful (I was even offered a job there once, but I’m an east coast man). And I think it’s quite unfair that people who just want to live their lives in peace and safety with their families should have to put up with any events like those that happened this weekend. But simply shouting down and refusing to listen to one side or the other for what ever reason isn’t, in the long term, going to solve anything.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

If you’re curious, here’s the guy that is organizing all this.

• Lon Mead

Yeah, I don’t get that guy.

A lecturer there at Berkeley is the source for the Ann Coulter invitation, co-sponsored by the BCR. Their arrangements are being made through UCB and the City, and they are neither soliciting are accepting any 3rd party “help”.

God-children back from Easter egg hunt… back to being Uncle Lon. Best wishes to you and yours.

• SMH

Yo, Lon! You inculcate little *children* with your pro-hate speech views? (The kind of little children that self-admitted pro-pedophile Milo would like to get to.)

You ought to be *prosecuted* for MENTAL *CHILD ABUSE* — and Child Protective Services ought to put an *injunction* against your being around them.

.

• SMH

Lon Mead: ” I’m an east coast man”

You mean you’re not even *from* / *living* here!!???

You don’t even have any Bay Area — or even California — skin in the game?..

And yet you’re criticizing even non-student protesters — as well as student protesters — *here*?…

Mind your own East Coast business.

Aren’t there enough white right-wing racist *demagogues* out *there* for you to defend their right to a campus platform?

.

• Lon Mead

I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware that advocating responsible discourse had a geographic boundary.

• SMH

Before you criticize *Berkeley* anti-fascists & anti-white-supremacists for protesting and not wanting WHITE WANTON RACIST RIGHT-WING *DEMAGOGUES* out *here*… I repeat:

Aren’t there enough white right-wing racist *demagogues* out *there* for you to defend their right to a campus platform???…

.

• Lon Mead

I repeat:

• SMH

Before you criticize *Berkeley* anti-fascists & anti-white-supremacists for protesting and not wanting WHITE WANTON RACIST RIGHT-WING *DEMAGOGUES* out *here*… I repeat *AGAIN*:

Aren’t there enough white right-wing racist *demagogues* out *there* for you to defend their “right” to a campus platform???…

YOU GOT NO SKIN IN THE *ACTION*, YOU GOT NO SAY IN THE *RULES*…

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I DO have skin in this game, more than you.

When you meet their violent rhetoric with violence, and propagate more violence, you are doing EXACTLY what they want out of you. You are being a perfect pawn in their bigger game.

• SMH

Buzz: “I DO have skin in this game, *more* than *you*.” [**’s added]

*How*???… Are you *Black/Brown* too?

.

• E.

He’s American. what are you?

• E.

Rhetoric can’t be violent.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

(head desk)

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Google: “violent rhetoric”

• SMH

.

I guess “E.” never heard about NAZI rhetoric.

Or KKK rhetoric.

Or the legal phrase “incitement to riot/mayhem”.

And that there is all kinds of rhetoric legally deemed *violent* — and *illegal*.

.

• Lon Mead

Being a citizen concerned about freedom of speech, the right to gather (peacefully!), and the right of association gives me “skin in the action”. Distance makes no difference.

• SMH

Mind your own *VERY* WHITE *ABSTRACT* business wayyy out there on the *East* Coast — about “principles” that white people have OFTEN *DENIED* people of color. You can’t do anything about it *here*, ANYWAY.

[Did you know that the white British government won’t even allow Snoop Dog into Britain because he advocates being able to medicinally *AND* recreationally smoke pot! — even though Snoop has’t smoked a single joint in the UK. Do you know — no I know you wouldn’t — how many Black *political* rap music has been censored, and how many Black rappers have been threatened with arrest, or had their rap concerts shut down by *pigs*/cops, or arrested — or even indicted and imprisoned — for purely their lyrics!? Do you know that there are other Black speakers — or Palestinian speakers — WHO’VE NEVER INCITED *ANY* KIND OF RACISM — have been denied entry into Britain and Canada (I think this includes Arch-bishop Desmond Tutu, BANNED FROM CANADA because of the Israel lobby because he supports Palestinian liberation) — or even RIGHT-WING WHITE-VETOED to speak on many/certain university campuses?]

So, DON’T COME TO ME TALKING ABOUT “WHITE FREEDOM TO HATE SPEECH”.

.

• Lon Mead

Okay, I won’t talk to you

• E.

Blamin’ the victim again…

• SMH

Yo, Lon!… We’ll do what we *WANT* to do.

.

• SMH

Lon Mead: “No, I’m defending an exchange of ideas. I can’t stand Yiannopoulos.”

*’CLEVER’* POSE, Lon — [like those Zionists who *pretend* to be “liberal” and *pretend* to “support” Palestinian rights, on the *smidgen*, < 10% , of historic Palestine that Israel hasn't *yet* violently outright stolen] — but you've already EXPOSED YOURSELF elsewhere that you SUPPORT Milo, Horowitz, Coulter, and anyone like them — otherwise you wouldn't be spending SO MUCH SHEER TIME *HERE*, post-after-post-after-post trying to CONVINCE protesters in *Berkeley* to let Milo, Horowitz, Coulter, and all those other racist ultra-right-wingers, speak at — specifically — the Berkeley campus — SINCE YOU *DON'T* EVEN *LIVE* IN BERKELEY OR EVEN IN THE BAY AREA, BUT WAYYY OUT *EAST*.

This, when those speakers could just go to a white Republican frat house, or (since the College Repuglicans who can always get money from their *daddies* or right-wing institutions or politicians) go somewhere off-campus and not in Berkeley, for them to go speak in. Let 'em go try to speak in Hillsborough, Atherton, or Woodside…: those are nice rich darn nearly ALL-WHITE, probably mostly REPUBLICAN, communities, anyway, where those speakers should feel a lot more comfortable.

(Or let 'em go try to speak in *East/West Oakland* and see what happens to them.)

ME THINKS YOU — FOR SOMEONE WAYYY OUT *EAST* — DOTH *INSIST* TOO MUCH…, THAT THEY SPEAK AT *SPECIFICALLY* THE BERKELEY CAMPUS!

.

• E.

We let commies speak, and they’ve killed a whole lot more people than the KKK. One just ran for president!

• SMH

.

The “commies” *haven’t* killed more *BLACK-AMERICANS* than the KKK.

And *fascists* have killed *farrrr* more people than the *”Commies”*.

And the *United States* has killed *farrrr* more people than the “Commies”.

And the WANTON SHEER *GENOCIDES* that the *United States* and the *fascists* and the *Western Europeans* have committed all together *dwarf* the number of people that the “Commies” have killed.

.

• E.

Standin’ up for the commies. Excellent! Confirms everything I need to know.

SMH: Can’t think. Can’t add. Not worth listening to.

• SMH

.

“E.” — Standin’ up for the European/American *genociders*…: figures…

Confirmed everything I knew about him.

*That’s* how “E.” thinks…

That’s all anyone needs to know.

.

• E.

Boo hoo. SMH doesn’t know that Hitler and Mussolini were lefties… Yours, baby, not ours.

• SMH

E.: “SMH doesn’t know that Hitler and Mussolini were lefties… Yours, baby, not ours.”

WWWHHHAT AN ***IDDDIOT***!!!…: ***E.****!!!

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA—HA-HA!!!…

***THANKS***, E. — FOR SHOWING *EVVVERYONE* HERE WHAT AN ***IDDDIOT*** YOU ***ARE***!!!

***OHHHHH***!!!…

GO TO ***ANY*** UNIVERSITY POLITICAL SCIENCE OR HISTORY DEPARTMENT AND TELL THE PROFESSORS THERE ***THAT***!!!… — AND WATCH THE — “WHO’S **THAT** MMORRRON” ***LLLOOOKK*** THEY GIVE YOU…

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA—HA-HA….!!!

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That’s kind of like saying to African Americans in the deep south, back in the 1960’s… “You should just have a respective conversation with the KKK while the burn a cross in your front yard.”

This is beyond disagreement. These are extreme right wingers who believe they have a birth right to control over other people. They’re not protesting in their own towns. They are using Berkeley as a stage to promote an ideology that is anathema to the very premise of “live, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

This is bad for Berkeley. It’s bad for the economy of our city. It’s bad for the University.

I do not defending the anarchists who are playing into this, but who are they? They’re not Berkeley people as far as I can tell either. And that’s the game they’re playing. The right wing extremists are using Berkeley as a staging ground to create controversy and to draw out fringe elements for violent conflict.

But DO NOT believe for even one single second that pro-Trump people are somehow innocent in the violent acts perpetrated this weekend. They came here with helmets and weapons PREPARED for violence!!

“Throwing a brick is not a protest, it is rioting.”

Agreed. But both sides were doing this and the people who originally organized the event this weekend came with the stated intent to create violence.

• Lon Mead

Oh. Ok.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I will add that, after the clash this weekend the organizers’ twitter feeds were all a-buzz with the idea that they came to Berkeley to fight the “Antifa” (talk about violent rhetoric) and that the “won” the day.

This is not about people who are just looking to express an opinion!!

These people are LOOKING FOR open violence!

• Lon Mead

And why would they think that Berkeley would be a good location for that?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

1) Because they know they can draw out anarchists.
            2) Because of Berkeley’s history of student protests in the 1960’s.

• Lon Mead

1) But why should they know they can “draw out anarchists”? (incidentally, a lot of those “anarchists” are ready to be “drawn out” at a moments notice).
            2) Right… STUDENT protests. Not the riots perpetrated by people not associated with the University (oh, there were some Berkeley students involved, but everyone I’ve spoken with is pretty confident those rioting were from somewhere else).

• Buzz Fledderjohn

1) Exactly my point. But I also think these people are very few in numbers compared to the fascist movement in the US today.
            2) Also my point. Both sides causing trouble this weekend were from outside the area. The 1960’s movement in Berkeley were locals.

• SMH

HEY BUZZ!…: I admire your fortitude, but I BET THAT LON IS JUST STRINGING YOU ALONG.

One of my female roommates — the one who’s a recent UC Berkeley Law School graduate — is as physically white on the outside as any white person — but on the inside beats the heart of an ideal Black Panther — never wastes her time with white lumpen racists like those people. She always says, “IF THEY HAVEN’T MORALLY FIGURED THINGS OUT BY NOW, THEY NEVER WILL.”

A lot of those white lumpen racists — whether they are especially anti-Black/anti-Brown, or anti-Arab (including, especially, anti-Palestinian Zionists & *closet* Zionists & so-called “left/liberal” Zionists), or virulently Islamophobic (as proxy racism) — just like to SOAK UP anti-racists’ TIME online, BEFORE THEY FINALLY REVEAL *AGAIN* THEIR TRUE SPOTS.

So be *WARNED* — with your eyes *OPEN*.

After all, the only reason for racism to exist — for so-called “races” to be contrived by those or institutions in power (and it was first contrived in the U.S. by the Virginia Colony *CORPORATION*) — is for *ECONOMIC* reasons — and as I’ve put it before, *RACISM* IS A FORM OF AN *ECONOMIC ORGANIZATION* OF SOCIETY — so all racists — like Ann Coulter, more directly right into her bank account — and College/other Republicans, right down to working-class white racists [that kept, for example, most big city fire departments (often highly paid jobs with great benefits and great pensions where you don’t need a college degree) less diverse than the Swedish soccer team, or like in Southern towns where white men get all/most of the best jobs,] — feel they are getting and sustaining an economic gain *too* — and in some meaningful ways (like “white job reservation / preservation”) they *do*!

[You can, for example, more readily actually *see* where this, especially “white male job reservation / preservation” still *very strongly* exists in the hierarchy of the mainstream Hollywood motion picture industry — or look at who sponsors ALLL those WHITE-MALES-ONLY late-night talk show hosts (when we *USED* to have exactly *1* Black one (and he was the *coolest/hippest*!) — just because the hierarchy of elite Hollywood is more visible than in most industries/corporations.]

.

• E.

What fascist movement, pray tell? The guys in black masks throwing Molotovs at speakers? Oh, those are your guys.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

FFS, dude. If you don’t know anything about this topic, why the heck are you commenting?

• SMH

,

Buzz Fledderjohn: “FFS, dude. If you don’t know anything about this topic, why the heck are you commenting?”

–The same reason that Coulter shoots her comments outta her azz…

.

• SMH

3) Because they want to *PURPOSELY* pick a SOCIO-CULTURALLY *DIVERSE* university community town.

You don’t see them going to some all-white, or nearly all-white, city like Hillsborough, or Atherton, or Woodside — because not even *those* communities want a bunch of white lumpen *open*-racists stompin’ around their town — and those rich white people (not that many whites there necessarily wouldn’t be racists themselves) would just have *their* police waiting to *STOP* those lumpen racists at the city borders! — Like, ‘No, you white lumpen racists are not bringing *notoriety* AND *INDECORUM* to *our* stately communities.’

.

• E.

Watch SMH express his lack of racism!

• SMH

“These people are LOOKING [TOO CYNICALLY *PROVOKE*] open violence!”

The University should not tolerate these kinds of RIGHT-WING *PURPOSEFUL* *PUBLICITY* STUNTS — ALSO _*PURPOSELY*_ ON SUCH A SOCIO-CULTURALLY *DIVERSE* CAMPUS.

.

• SMH

.

And, Buzz Fledderjohn, what I said in my comment post just above [or at least I hope it appears that way once I post this] is *FORMALLY* the message a community of students, faculty, staff, & citizens should compose and deliver to the Chancellor: ‘We the university and local community do not wish our campus, or community, to be cynically and purposely chosen and used as a staging ground for a mere MONEY-RAISING PUBLICITY STUNT for *ANY* speakers either trying to, or hoping to, attract violence through their calculatedly and *purposely* incendiary rhetoric culturally directed against, or culturally stereotyping, or culturally scapegoating members of our very diverse community.’

–Something formal to that effect.

You, Buzz, seem rightfully highly motivated about this — and it sounds like you’re older, and have lived a long time in the Berkeley community, and, as you say, you, and other people, have kids who go to school (or maybe have weekend activities) at/near the ‘ground zero’ of these events, and thus would have enough community respect to try to organize the formal composition and delivery of such a formal message to the Chancellor.

And, as you’ve said before, the fact that this past weekend’s clash at the Civic Center, rapidly overflowed onto the streets of downtown Berkeley was a danger to people merely going about their business on downtown Shattuck and University Avenues, and something like the restaurant streets like downtown Center Street.

.

• Lon Mead

“That’s kind of like saying to African Americans in the deep south, back in the 1960’s… “You should just have a respective conversation with the KKK while the burn a cross in your front yard.””

In what way? I mean, which side was burning things there in Berkeley? I certainly wouldn’t have gone out to talk to them in those circumstances. But I’d be more than happy to let some of them explain what their disagreements were.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

In this LA Times piece they describe one woman who did try to talk to people.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-berkeley-trump-rally-20170415-story.html

Her efforts were not very successful.

• Lon Mead

I hadn’t heard a lot about what happened this weekend. I will say both sides were in the wrong. It was allowed to degenerate into a riot. And yeah, I don’t think those people from Montana(?) had any business there.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Both sides were in the wrong… BUT only one side organized and instigated the entire event. The neo-fascists under the guise of a pro-Trump rally.

• Lon Mead

I don’t know enough about the situation to argue about it. I know that it was handled badly.

• E.

Oh please. There have been dozens of riots over the past decades and every single one has been from the left. BLM, Occupy, antifa, WTO, TLC, Chicago/Trump, San Jose/Trump.

Y’all love burnin’ those Starbucks y’hear?

• SMH

.

Nahhh, we loved runnin’ Milo’s azz *OFFF*!!…

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.
            Buzz Fledderjohn, I’m posting this twice, the first time as a “Reply” to myself, and this time as a “Reply” to you, in the hopes that you will see this idea (just a thought of mine) more readily:

And, what I said in my comment post just above [or at least I hope it appears that way once I post this] is *FORMALLY* the message a community of students, faculty, staff, & citizens should compose and deliver to the Chancellor: ‘We the university and local community do not wish our campus, or community, to be cynically and purposely chosen and used as a staging ground for a mere MONEY-RAISING PUBLICITY STUNT for *ANY* speakers either trying to, or hoping to, attract violence through their calculatedly and *purposely* incendiary rhetoric culturally directed against, or culturally stereotyping, or culturally scapegoating members of our very diverse community.’

–Something formal to that effect.

.

• SMH

” “You should just have a respective conversation with the KKK while the burn a cross in your front yard.”

• SMH

Buzz Fledderjohn: [Excerpt] “[Like saying] you [African Americans] should just have a respective conversation with the KKK while they burn a cross in your front yard.”

Buzz, that reminds me…: I heard a story from my parents about a black senior citizen, in some small town, who with his work career savings and pension bought a modest but very nice retirement house for him & his wife in what happened to be a charming but white middle-class neighborhood, and that some white racists in that small town (it didn’t even sound like they were necessarily whites from the same neighborhood), said they were going to go burrrn his house down. But, as the story goes, the black senior citizen actually *went* to the town police department (alll-white), and told the police that he had a shotgun, and that he was gonna spend the nights in his attic in the dark behind a window, *waitin’*…, with his *shotgun*…, and that he told the police that if those white racists came, “the first one to step to his home would be *dead*.”

No one ever showed up…

No *dialogue* *necessary*…

Sometimes you gotta just say, “*You* racists/fascists know what’s right or *wrong*…: We *done* talkin’…; it’s *literally* hammer-time!…”

(When predominantly *white* gay men *rioted* in “THE STONEWALL RIOTS” in New York City, in the late 1960’s, against anti-gay, of course *PIG*/POLICE BRUTALITY then, nobody else said that *THAT* was wrong — and certainly not in later times when it’s now cited as “the single most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights in the United States.” Today the Stonewall Riots are *HONORED* & *CELEBRATED* by gay people and their human rights supporters.

How ironic that Milo turned out to be a fascist racist gay man: but sadly many white gay men have a deep history even in San Francisco of being racists against even black *gay* men, let alone *other* Black/Brown people, or even *sexist* against women — just like many Zionist Jews (the once brutally oppressed become the brutal oppressors *themselves*) were/are ant-Palestinian/anti-Arab racists, as well as racist against Black/Brown people too) — and as Malcolm X once said, the only necessary qualification to be a white racist is to be *WHITE* [not a discriminated-against gay, or a once-oppressed woman, or a once-oppressed Jew, etc.].)

.

• pappy51

Actually they came to stand up for their rights (the same rights Berkley used to stand up for) and defend themselves. We’ve all have watched the violence from the progressive (regressive) left for a couple of years now. It’s not a mystery who the violent group. Sooner or later those of different options are bound to get tired of being called racists for no reason and turn around and protect themselves with sticks from those attacking them with sticks. Of course the religious fanatical left won’t understand this.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Complete BS.

They came here because they wanted to use Berkeley as a stage to get in a brawl. Spend any time at all watching these guys videos on YT and you can see, there are virtually no ideals at play in their thought processes. They just want to fight people.

You have this issue completely upside down, and I think you know it and are deliberately lying.

• pappy51

The facts of history are on my side. So. I realize that feelings matter more to the fanatical left. And I understand that you don’t mean to lie and that you more then likely don’t know that you are. That’s how fascists operate.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Facts of history? You’re in no position to be claiming anything about facts.

You might take a quick look at who the fascists are in this story. The people we’re discussing are OPENLY claiming the mantle of white supremacist, right-wing fascists. And that’s not MY definition of them. That is what they claim for themselves.

Again, my sense here is that you know all this and are deliberately lying to further your irrational position.

• pappy51

Tell me again which side is attempting to silence the other sides free speech. With violence and threats and public destruction? You’re a fool.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

This is NOT a free speech issue. It’s an issue of community safety and security.

The right-wing fascist extremists who are coming to Berkeley under the guise of “free speech” have more than ample opportunity to express their opinions. They do NOT have the right to come into MY HOME and express those opinions. And with regards to my community (I am a 25 year Berkeley resident) they are NOT welcome to come here for the purposes of instigating violence in order to promote their causes.

As a resident and taxpayer of this city I ALSO have a right to NOT have my town overrun by the kinds of violent activities these people seek to promote.

Literally, this is nothing more than a variation on gang warfare being justified under the false premise of free speech.

• pappy51

Hey. That’s how I felt when the democrats brought in people to violently protest Trump in my town. How about that. Were you also this mad when the left brought in violent protesters to your community?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Nope.

That’s just you finally meeting some of your neighbors you didn’t know were there.

• pappy51

Thank you. I thought that would get it. You’re just another liberal hypocrite baby. You’re okay with your thugs beating up on people who have a diverse opinion from yours. But some people get tired and fed up with your little thugs and do some stomping back and “that’s way to of line”. Screw you. Pardon me if I don’t spell any tears over your community getting back the crappy energy they put out.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Kind of a lame response, bubba.

Couldn’t find any news reports of violent protests in your town?
            Couldn’t find any reports of people coming in from out of town for these protests?

And, no, I’m NOT okay with the extreme left anti-fascists doing this. Read this entire comments section and you’ll not find one instance of me defending violent actions on either side. But I can also clearly see WHO is initiating these conflicts, it’s the right-wing white supremacist fascists.

• E.

I know. It was Milo that threw the first brick at Berkeley. McInnes sprayed the first pepper spray at NYU, Trump who the first bottle in Chicago. Shapiro who forced students to listen to him at UCLA. Murray first chased and threatened students at Middlebury. Trump again who threw the first firebomb in DC on Jan 19th. Gotcha.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

You’re utterly clueless.

• SMH

.

THAT’S WHY THEY’RE FASCIST WHITE-NATIONALISTS IN THE *FIRST* PLACE.

THEY’RE NOT DANGEROUS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ANY *BRAINS*…!

.

• SMH

.

***TRRRUMP***!!???

YOU MEAN YOUR “VERRRY PRESIDENTIAL” CANDIDATE WHO TOLD HIS SUPPORTERS TO PUNCH **PEACEFUL** PROTESTERS IN THE **FACE**?

AND A COUPLE OF TRUMP’S BUBBAS EVEN PUNCHED **WOMEN**?

LIKE THE FASCIST WHO SUCKER-PUNCHED A **WOMAN** IN THE BERKELEY CIVIC CENTER PARK!?

OHHH, *RRREALLL* TOUGH…

LET’S SEE YOU DO THAT TO SOME OAKTOWN BROTHAS!

.

• pappy51

Whatever junior, excuse me, I mean baby bubba. You already revealed yourself as a class A hypocrite. And I highly doubt if you see anything as clearly as you think you do. Also they’re are not “anti-fascists” they’re just plain fascists. Like reverse racism is simply racism.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Dude.

Just try doing a tiny bit of research on this issue. You clearly know nothing about what you’re discussing, and you’re not very good at arguing the non-points you’re attempting to make.

“Fascist” and “anti-fascist” are what these two groups CALL THEMSELVES! And call each other. They’re very clear on who they are and what they titles they’ve chosen. I’m not picking any of these names. THEY already did that themselves.

Jeez.

• pappy51

Dude. I know they call themselves “anti-fascists”. The religious left always does that. They act like fascists, they sound like fascists, they behave like fascists. They are fascists. Not my fault you fell for it.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

No. YOU are weirded out by the fact the CONSERVATIVES in this game call THEMSELVES fascists. And those same fascists (with their sig heils and all) refer to their opponents as anti-fascists, or “Antifa.”

YOU don’t grasp what is happening. YOU are just here trying to point YOUR finger at people you want to disagree with.

I am here speaking out because I am concerned about the safety and security of my city and community in the face of needless violent activities. YOU just want to point fingers.

• pappy51

Listen sweetheart. You’re the one with your panties in a bunch. You’re the one pointing fingers at one side in this altercation. So tell me. How upset were you when the fascists shut down the Milo lecture? In a very violent fascist type way in your community.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

So, now you defending pedophiles?

Nice.

• pappy51

Won’t answer the question. Didn’t care about violence in your community then, huh champ. Thank you for the wonderful demonstration of how the progressive left is blinded by their hypocrisy. You lose. Go home now.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

And YOU are castigating me for caring about MY community?

FU.

• pappy51

You’re a fake. You’re not worried about your community. You didn’t say a thing when your thugs were burning your town.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

We’re done. Bye.

• SMH

.

NO *STAY*, pappy…: SAY SOMETHING *ELSE* STOOOPID…

I *LOVE* to hear that suff…

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.

pappy: “burning [our] town???…”

Yyyeah…, half the campus and half the town burned down…

Ha-ha-ha…

You need to stop burnin’ that *METH*, pappy…

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.

Yo pappy!… *I* can answer…:

HHELLL, I WAS *HAPPY* TO HELP RUN MILO’S AZZ *RRRIGHT* OUTTA TOWN… — AND I’M *NOT* EVEN, uhhh, “FASCIST”!

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.

ALLL those right-wing white-nationalist fascists defend/love (you see it right in their comment posts on this page) — and *keep* defending/loving — Milo — as long as he’s an ULTRA-*RIGHT*-WING pedophile.

.

• SMH

.
            pappy: “How upset were you when the fascists shut down the Milo lecture?”

HHELLL, I WAS *HAPPY* TO HELP RUN MILO’S AZZ RRRIGHT OUTTA TOWN — AND I’M *NOT* EVEN, uhhh, “FASCIST”!

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.

Buzz: “And those same fascists (with their sig heils and all) refer to their opponents as anti-fascists, or “Antifa.””

Yo Buzz, pappy’s just too d*mn *STYOOOPPID* to *KNOW* that…

Ha-ha-ha–ha-ha!

.

• E.

“The fascists of tomorrow will call themselves anti-fascists” – Winston Churchill. And he should know.

• SMH

.

Yeah, the people of Britain *loved* Churchill so much –with his RIGHT-WING post-WWII policies — that they *DUMPED* him right after the war.

.

• SMH

.

Yo Buzz, I *tollld* you…., that’s why I don’t *debate* those ffoools.

They don’t even have the minimum number of *brain* cells to intellectually engage!

Ha-ha-ha…

Look, I’m the great-great-great-great-grandson of a *SLAVE* — four “greats” ago we weren’t even allowed to *read* — and I’m intellectually smarter (*&* have a higher vocabulary, *&* more internationally traveled) than *any* of those bubbas.

.

• SMH

.

You see, Buzz, anyone who uses the term “reverse racism” shows how intellectually stupid they are — which is why I don’t *debate* those fools.

Ohhh, white men got such a raw deal in America…. Booo-hooo…!

.

• SMH

.

Yo pappy…!: DON’T *LIKE* BERKELEY…, DON’T *COME* HERE.

(Try going to EAST *OAKTOWN* if you & your boys *RRREEEALLLY* wanna good welcome. [CLACK-CLACK…, CLACK-CLACK…, CLACK-CLACK…, CLACK-CLACK…, etc….] By what would be in *comparison*, Berkeley practically served your boys tea & cookies!… Ha-ha-ha…!!)

.

• SMH

.

Buzz: “That’s just you finally meeting some of your neighbors you didn’t know were there.”

Ha-ha-ha…!!

Yo Buzz…, *NNNOWWW* you’re getting the hang of giving idiots like pappy, etc., just the *RIDICULE* they *RIGHTFULLY* *DESERVE*!…

You see how *I* have *FFFUNNN* with them.

(I told Sam or lspanker or someone like that: I don’t “dialogue” with *ffoools* — and certainly not with *rrracist* fools. I either *ridicule* them or *expose* them for what they *are*!)

Ha-ha-ha…

(Although you have made some *EXCELLENT* points, Buzz — and I really *like* the way you *WORDED/EXPLAINED* them. I’m glad to discover that you and I are pretty much on the same page, after all, about the ultra-right-wing exploitation of UC Berkeley and Berkeley. Btw — although I’m still glad that Milo got run rrright outta town, and I’m glad that the anti-fascists stood up to the fascists in town (although I wish the fascists hadn’t come to downtown Berkeley, but picked the middle of the horse-racing track over by the Bay instead) — there’s a very interesting commentary that someone wrote about violence from a *progressive* perspective:

_”The Activism Entry Point: Critiquing The Cancer in Occupy Debate”_

… I think you’ll like it a *lot*. It was also published by the Berkeley Daily Planet and elsewhere.

It’s just both sad but ‘interesting’ that the UC *Berkeley* College Republicans _would go as far out of their way as possible_ to resort to inviting THE MOST *ULTRA-RIGHT*-WING & *WANTONLY* INCENDIARY & NOTORIOUSLY *RACIST* SPEAKERS the BCR can find! Why can’t the BCR just invite an *ordinary*, but prominent, Republican to come speak…: surely there are enough at the ‘nearby’ Hoover Institution.)

.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

And… While you’re at it, feel free to link to any article reporting “violent protests” in your town.

• E.
          • SMH

.

And the *verifying* thing is that if all those white lumpen racists went to the *WHITEST* affluent or richest communities in the Bay Area — like Hillsborough, Woodside, Atherton, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Orinda, Danville, etc., people there wouldn’t want the OPENLY IGNORANT WHITE-NATIONALIST LUMPEN RACISTS who came to Berkeley stompin’ around in the civic centers of those *other* communities *EITHER*!

.

• SMH

.

“pappy”…: obviously *you* *wouldn’t* realize, but history’s MOST NOTORIOUS FASCISTS were/are ultra-*RIGHT*-wing — LIKE YOU &/or YOUR BOYS AT THE BERKELEY CIVIC CENTER PARK this past weekend — who came to town *lookin’* to instigate violence.

.

• SMH

.

Yo pappy…: obviously *you* *wouldn’t* realize, but history’s MOST NOTORIOUS FASCISTS were/are ultra-*RIGHT*-wing — LIKE YOU &/or YOUR BOYS AT THE BERKELEY CIVIC CENTER PARK this past weekend — who came to town *lookin’* to instigate violence.

.

• E.

Much better to have everyone in Berkeley think the same as everyone else at Berkeley! Can’t have any dissenters!

• Buzz Fledderjohn

And… How long have YOU lived here? Have you ever even visited here?

Can you even find Berkeley on a map?

• E.

I give REALLY good map. I see Philadelphia in 1789 on one pole and Berkeley on the other pole.

• SMH

.

Yo “E.”!…, **NNOWWW** YOU’VE GOT IT…

And *Milo* will get rrrun out *again*…, if he steps foot on the Berkeley campus!

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• E.

Sorry buddy, Berkeley ain’t that special. Anne, Milo, Horowitz, they go lots of places. And they get to go to Berkeley because they want to. You don’t get a vote.

• SMH

.

Yeah, when *Horowitz* was once here, *I* — *SINGULARLY* — RAN HIM OUTTA TOWN — with *ONE* single contextualized question!

And then I wrote about it in a special guest column the San Francisco Chronicle!

And the Chronicle editor said that was one of the *best* guest commentaries since she could last remember!

And the following time he was here, Horowitz actually COMPLAINED because no liberals/progressives/leftists even bothered to show up for the then national HAS-BEEN.

Which is why the College Repuglicans had to cancel his invitation *this* time — “FOR LACK OF SUFFICIENT PUBLIC INTEREST”!!

Ha-ha-ha…!!

.

• SMH

.

WE GOT A VOTE ON *MILO*…

WE RAN HIS AZZ RIGHT OUTTA TOWN!!…

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.

Excellently and succinctly put, Buzz.

Btw, thanks for the YouTube general reference. I should’ve known, but *didn’t*, that we can find this material at YouTube.

I have a Black media activist friend who follows this kind of stuff (whether or not specifically the people you allude to) just to know about it and be aware of it. I told him that I’m glad that he keeps up with this kind of white nationalist/racist stuff, because I don’t have the stomach to watch more than a single *short* video like this: I find it too intellectually grating and too morally grating that there are, indeed, *actually*, people in our country like this.

But, as a practical matter, and to better be able to *EXPOSE* people like the white nationalists/racist who showed up in Berkeley, it’s good to know exactly what they’ve actually said *before* at their videos, for when they come to someplace like Berkeley euphemistically talking about merely wanting to exercise their “free speech”. In their own highly euphemistic way, what they say about merely wanting to exercise their “free speech” is *(im)morally* similar to euphemisms like the Nazis –and later ironically the Zionists– rhetoric about “merely wanting to re-unite our people” — or Jim Crow whites’ rhetoric about “merely wanting to exercise states’ rights”!

(I still have an open windows tab on a link I’m going to listen to that you posted in one of your comments.)

.

• E.

Boo hoo. Someone doesn’t agree with me so they are extremists and I can hit them. I going to beat on them until they understand speech is violence and violence is bad…or… something…

There is no equivalency here. Antifa=Bernie supporters=Occupy=BLM=WTO protesters. They all riot and they all hate freedom. Leftist violence has been with us a long time.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

You’re clearly not comprehending anything I’m saying.

Maybe if you try reading slower, I’ll try to use shorter words.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

“They all riot and they all hate freedom.”

Oh, FFS. Get a life. Every liberal (including me) are arguing FOR more freedom.

• E.

OOOOh! I’m a liberal. That’s why I won’t let anyone listen to Anne! I won’t let her come here! I’m for more freedom!

Why can’t y’all rally peaceable like those nice Tea Party folk?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Did you not see the fascists who came to Berkeley?

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853340855981137920

• E.

You mean these guys? http://www.bamn.com/
            Or the ones that shut down Milo? or Trump in Chicago? Or McInnes at NYU? Those guys. Oooooooh.. Those were that ANTI-fascists beating people up. gotcha.

• SMH

.

Yo E.!…

I DON’T EVEN LIKE “BAMN”…, BUT THEY’RE *NOT* FASCISTS.

THEY’RE *OVERBEARING*!!… THEY’RE *’RULE OR RUIN’* ON THE *LEFT*!…

THEY’RE FULL O’ THEMSELVES…. THEY’RE **CULTIST**…

I EVEN WROTE A FORMAL NEWSPAPER COMMENTARY — PUBLISHED BY THE UC BERKELEY NEWSPAPER TOO — CONDEMNING THEM.

BUT THEY’RE NOT FASCISTS — *IDIOT* (E.)!

IF ANYTHING, THEY’RE *STALINIST*!

.

• SMH

.

DUM-E.: “Why can’t y’all rally peaceable like those nice Tea Party folk?”

YOU MEAN THE ONES WHO SHOWED UP WITH **GUNS** OUTSIDE CONGRESSIONAL TOWN HALL MEETINGS!?…

.

• E.

OK, Mr (I want more freedom) Liberal:
            1. employers and employees can agree on consensual wages with no minimums
            2. employers can choose their employees and customers on any basis whatsoever, relying solely on mutual consent.
            3. No one should be forced to buy health insurance.
            4. No insurance company should be forced to take on a preexisting condition
            5. The government will stop exercising and requiring others to exercise preferences in hiring according to race, religion, sexual orientation, etc…

All agreed? You’re a “liberal”, right? Pro-freedom?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

1) As long as employees have the right to collective bargaining, fine. (Note that I’ve been a businessperson and employer for most of my life.)
            2) Nope. If you provide services to the public you have to agree to provide those to all. That IS WHAT FREEDOM IS ABOUT. You can’t restrict freedom from others.
            3) No one should get sick either, but that’s a fact of life.
            4) That’s a nice sentiment if you don’t have a preexisting condition. If you want a healthy population and affordable healthcare, that don’t work. Again with facts of life.
            5) Nope again. If you’re going to be an employer then you have to offer employment to everyone without excluding others. That is an act of EXTENDING freedom and is a responsibility of employers.

• E.

Ah, the extension of freedom by using state force and compulsion. Was that Marcuse? Trotsky? the Webbs?

You’re so comfortable compelling people to do what you want. Why do you consider yourself liberal? You seem more authoritarian than liberal. Wouldn’t you agree?

• E.

Cmon, Mr. Freedom, let’s hear how you like to force people to your will! I’ve been told California is about live and let live. Would you let my points 1-5 stand? Live to let live or bring down the boot of the government man on the neck of our citizens!

• SMH

.

HAVE YOU GIVE UP ON THAT *FFOOOLL* YYYETT, BUZZ?

HIS ANCESTORS HAVE ONLY BEEN BI-PEDAL FOR ONE GENERATION…

AND E.’s STILL ONLY *PARTIAL* BI-PEDAL.

Ha-ha-ha…

.

• SMH

.

OHHH, *C’MON* BUZZ…, WHEN YOU GONNA STOP GIVING THAT *FFOOLL* YOUR SERIOUS TIME…?

SMH indeed…

.

• SMH

.

HMMM…, **HITLER** AND **MUSSOLINI** AND **FRANCO** — AND THE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING *CAPITALISTS* WHO ORIGINALLY *LOVED* THEM — AS WELL AS EVERY U.S.-GOVT-BACKED LATIN-AMERICAN FASCIST — WOULD HAVE *LOVED* THIS (E.’s) 5-POINT PROGRAM.

.

• SMH

You know what Lon…?: We “leftists” don’t giva F*CK *WHAT* you “think”.

Like *Milo*, they’ll all *GET* what they *CAME* for.

.

• E.

Don’t say anything that might upset me! I might throw a brick then it will be your fault! /sarc

• SMH

Yo Buzz Fledderjohn…, Extremely well said.

For those who don’t know or haven’t seen, there are plenty of examples of Ann Coulter’s hateful speech at Youtube. I won’t give links here because I don’t want YouTube to start “recommending” Coulter’s hateful *DEMAGOGIC* diatribes everytime I open a Youtube page on my laptop. Those hateful examples (racist, anti-Arab, anti-Muslim, anti-Southwest Asian, anti-Latino, anti-gay — and in general pro-discrimination, as a private property right, like if someone has a retail business, rental property, hotel, restaurant, etc.) are what the College REPUGlicans — and the other rabid right-wing loonies comment posting here — believe is not only “civil”, but “intellectual” discourse — THIS IS WHAT THE COLLEGE REPUGLICANS ARE ACTUALLY DEFENDING [as they complain about a little gaffiti against them, giving them a little taste of their own ‘medicine’, in response] — DESERVING A “BRINGING US ALL TOGETHER”, SETTING ON THE UC BERKELEY CAMPUS with our cultural and social diversity of students, academics and staff.

–JUST SO, AS I’VE STATED UNDER DAILY CAL ARTICLES ABOUT DAVID HOROWITZ & ANN COULTER, SO THEY CAN PURPOSELY ANTAGONIZE THE CAMPUS / PROTESTERS / AUDIENCE

— SO THAT HOROWITZ AND COULTER COULD GET — HAVE PHOTOGRAPHED & VIDEO’D — A RIGHTFULLY ANGRY RESPONSE — SO THAT THEY CAN USE THAT PURPOSELY ANTAGONIZED RESPONSE — AS THEY ALWAYS DO — AS PUBLICITY *STUNTS* _TO RAISE & GENERATE ***MONEY*** FOR THEMSELVES_

— TO SAY TO THE ANGRY WHITE CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALIST NATIONALISTS IN THE COUNTRY, “SEND ME ***MONEY***!!…: I’M *BESIEGED*!! — AND TO GENERATE BOTH BROADCAST MEDIA ATTRACTION AND BROADCAST MEDIA EMPLOYMENT FOR THEMSELVES.

BUT, THESE PUBLICITY STUNTS ACTUALLY PUT THE CAMPUS AND MINORITIES IN PHYSICAL DANGER — which the crazy College Repuglicans ought to worry about putting *themselves* in danger too (you *reap* what you *sow*)!

AND A FEW OF THE REALLY REALLY CRAZY RIGHT-WING COMMENT POSTERS, UNDER THESE DAILY CAL ARTICLES ABOUT HOROWITZ AND COULTER, HAVE BEEN IMPLYING (ADVOCATING) THEIR (RIGHT-WINGERS) COMING **ARMED** TO CAMPUS TO **SHOOT** STUDENT PROTESTERS.

OR AS I QUOTED AN ICE CUBE RAP VERSE: “THE BEAST FROM WHITE POWER / WITH AN M-1 GUN & A SCOPE, ON DOPE / UP IN THE TOWER / THINKIN’ HE’S THE GREAT WHITE HOPE”!!

THE *ASUC* — AND MAYBE THE FACULTY SENATE ALSO (…SINCE THE CHANCELLOR IS TOO WIMPY) — OUGHT TO PASS ARTICULATELY EXPLANATORY *RESOLUTIONS* _CONDEMNING SUCH PURPOSEFUL, _ANTAGONISTICALLY SOCIO-CULTURALLY DIVISIVE_, _*PREMEDITATED*_, CYNICAL *EXPLOITATION*_ OF THE SOCIO-CULTURALLY DIVERSE BERKELEY CAMPUS *SPECIFICALLY* BY SUCH DEMAGOGUES.

.

• SMH

Finally, Buzz and I ended up more or less on the same page.

He finally expressed his concerns better.

.

• E.

Translation, “If she comes here, we will riot.” I love all the antifascists throwing riots. Love the antifacists beating people up, because…otherwise… people will get beat up. Irrelevant spoiled kids drunk with power. Grow up. Nothing a little law and order can’t fix.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

That would be an utterly incorrect translation of anything I said. I’m saying she’s coming here because she KNOWS it will be controversial and provoke violence.

Coulter has plenty of venues for her hateful rhetoric. We don’t need her here promoting her hateful insanity in our city.

You invite her to your city and she can talk all day long if you like.

• E.

Idea! Prove her wrong by NOT RIOTING! Wow! I never thought of that!

• SMH

.

Yo E.: …WE’LL *DO* WHAT WE *WANNA* DO…

.

• E.

I got your MAGA hat. You can pick it up on Saturday. I’ll be on that median on University at Shattuck handing them out. Stop by. You can buy me a GMO free soy latte.

• SMH

.
            Yo E.!: …*I* got somethin’ GMO free for *YOU*… — and *you’ll* love the *taste*!!
            .

• KillerMarmot

You forget to mention who will likely to turn violent, namely those on the left.

Your comment should read “Nice little campus you got here. Pity if sometin’ were to happen to it.”

• SMH

.

KillerMarmot: “You forget to mention who will likely to turn violent, namely those on the left.”

–Says someone who names himself *”KILLER”*…

.

• KillerMarmot

You obviously don’t appreciate the origins of my moniker. That’s okay. Not everyone can know everything.

• SMH

.
            That’s okay. Not everything’s *worth* knowing…
            .

• “We all know how that ended.”

Is that an implied threat? It isn’t libertarians and conservatives who have poisoned the atmosphere on your campus and demanding a heckler/rioter veto over who is “acceptable” to the dominate, Leftwing radicals would be laughable if not so dishonest.

• SMH

darleenclick: “It isn’t … conservatives who have poisoned the atmosphere on your campus”

You mean by REGULARLY INVITING the most NOTORIOUS HATE SPEAKERS the College REPUGlicans can find?

.

• E.

Who’s afraid of Anne Coulter, Anne Coulter, Anne Coulter? Who’s afraid of Anne?

• SMH

darleenclick: “demanding a heckler/rioter veto over who is “acceptable” to the dominate [I guess darleen means “*dominant*”], Leftwing radicals”

**SSO**!?…

(Ha-ha-ha…)

.

• rufusprime99

Boy….. biased much? Let me ask you, did protesters march and incite violence before, during or after you article was written and published? Re Milo, “we all know how that ended.” Yes, it ended when Leftists became violent and stifled free speech. How you left folks can stomach being Fascists while accusing conservatives of being fascists. Ann Coulter on campus will not be productive. Well, guess what: Not all people agree with you.

• SMH

**SSO**!?…

Ha-ha-ha…

(rufusprime99: Yet another right-wing *DEFENDER* of a SELF-ADMITTED *PRO-PEDOPHILE*: Milo!)

.

• Sigmund Tomas

Not productive?… should fit right in on campus then.

• Fred

UCB used to be known for Free Speech and allowing anyone to speak on Sproul Steps or to give speeches. Not now – Cal has been taken over by socialists, fascists and progressives who, like their historical dictators, refuse to let anyone speak and censor the news from anyone who has a non-socialist opinion. It is very sad to see what has happened to the Free Speech Movement at Berkeley

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Are you trying to argue that Ann Coulter doesn’t have the opportunity to express her opinions? Really?

• E.

Are you arguing you (or anyone) gets to stop her? Really? Are you arguing that freedom of speech doesn’t apply at Berkeley? Really?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

If someone is invited into my home, I have the right to throw them out if I don’t like what they are saying.

If someone is coming into my community to deliver hateful and divisive ideas, as Coulter does, then yes, as a community we have the right to express OUR freedom of speech and say we don’t want her here.

Freedom of speech doesn’t give you the right to do and say anything anywhere you like. She is more than welcome to find other venues that are more agreeable to her ideas.

My point, which you fail to acknowledge, is that this is bad for my community to have people using our city as a venue to provoke violence. And if those nutty black-clad anti-fascists came to YOUR home town you’d be saying the exact same thing I am.

• E.

Congratulate me! I’ve diagnosed your problem! 1. You seem to think you own Berkeley. You seem to think people that live in Berkeley own Berkeley. But you and they don’t. Ergo, you don’t have the right to stop her from speaking. Full stop. Your opinion on whether her speech is good or bad is irrelevant. I promise not to burn anything when Bernie comes to my town. Or BLM. Or leftist reactionaries. I’ll certainly protest. But I would never dream of shutting them down. 2. However, there is good news! You are free to NOT attend her presentation and/or to stand outside peaceably and wave signs objecting to her presence. This is a generous country. We even let you yell. 3. You need a civics lesson.

Diagnosis concluded, where shall I sent the bill?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

So, in other words, you believe that it’s ME who should not be allowed MY opinion on these issues.

Thank you, and I promise you, my billing rate is far higher than yours.

• E.

Nope. You missed the part where I support your right to your opinion, and Anne’s to hers and both of you the right to express them anywhere either of you desire in this great country. You seem confused.

Sorry, I only pay for value. So far, I’m receiving none from you.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

What you might not get here is… These violent protests are happening directly in front of our HIGH SCHOOL downtown!! We have a vibrant and growing downtown area where families go shopping with little kids.

These are DANGEROUS events taking place where truly innocent people are being put in danger.

We don’t want this in our city!!

• E.

Perhaps, then you should speak to the people throwing bricks? Just a thought?

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Or, let’s just go to the source and stop those who are using the situation to provoke violence.

And since you don’t live here, you don’t matter.

• E.

We certainly can’t expected the masked people to control themselves, can we?

And I DO live here, in this country, like you. Sorry dude. The Constitution will find you even in Berkeley. I’m not so sure about civility and freedom.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

You don’t live in Berkeley.

Bye.

• E.

The real question is do you live in the United States?

• E.

Hey, all this suppression of Anne Coulter makes some Americans feel violent! We need to suppress the anti-Coulterists lest the pro-Coulterists get violent!

• SMH

.

Yo E.!…: We’ll *do* what we *wanna* do.

BRING IT ONNN!!…

End of story.

.

• E.

Of course the people throwing words are guilty; the people throwing Molotovs simply can’t be expected to NOT throw them. Poor widdle Berkeleyites… priced out the Haight decades ago and now forced to LISTEN to MILO and ANNE! Oh the indignity! I’m faint with horror.

• SMH

.

Yo E.!…, *NOPE* …: we *WEREN’T* forced to listen to MILO…:

We ran his azz *OFFF*!!

HA-HA-HA…!!
            .

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Honestly, I really don’t care what Ann Coulter has to say, because I’ve heard enough already to know she’s insane. And she’s perfectly free to spout her brand of insanity over anyone who wants to listen to it.

My point here is, I’m concerned about MY community and MY city. I’m concerned about people being injured by the violent conflicts. I’m concerned about damage to local businesses. I’m concerned about the influence that these kinds of things can have on young people (high schoolers).

The fascist right wingers are using our city’s history from the 1960’s as leverage to create violent conflicts. The guy who’s been organizing these things says EXACTLY this!! And now Coulter is capitalizing on it in order to create more violence.

Yes. I have my own rights to free speech to say, NO! We don’t want these events taking place in our city because of the damage it causes.

Heck, just put the lot of them – the fascists and the anti-fascists – out in an open field somewhere with guns, knives and stick, and let them have it out. They can yell and curse and say anything they like all bloody night like. I just don’t care.

I care about MY city and MY community.

• SMH

**SSO**?…

Ha-ha-ha…

• Buzz Fledderjohn

“Not now – Cal has been taken over by socialists, fascists and progressives…”

This is a funny comment. Who exactly do you think was speaking on the steps of Sproul Plaza?

• Lynda Lackner

WHY have you chosen to cloister yourselves from the FREE thoughts and ideas of others?

WHY are you LIMITING yourselves to only one belief system?

WHAT do you FEAR, criticism from your peers, professors and parents?

What happened to the opened minded, antiestablishment, freedom of SPEECH LOVERS that Berkeley Students once embraced and stood for?

YOU have “SOLD OUT”!

Cowards!

• Buzz Fledderjohn

Your comment is beyond nonsensical. How much time have you spent in Berkeley?

• johncooperiii

Your editorial board wants someone who might change some minds on campus? Lie. Coulter probably won’t change any minds; but the grandeur of watching students inexperienced in life’s wonders and the headmasters who inculcate them, get utterly schooled, would be worth breaching the inevitable gauntlet around the venue.

• Sam

You poor left wing snowflakes.. It must be a terrible world that you live in. There are all these big mean conservatives that say things that hurt your poor fragile psyches. Two words “grow up”. Yes I know you are barely out of diapers and you still need your Mommies and teddy bears. But, the world doesn’t care about you. Believe it or not, most of you could die tomorrow and other than your families and friends, no one would bat an eyelash. People are going to disagree with you – vehemently. Those of us on the right do not buy your victim based socialist view of the perfect world. I get that you don’t agree with Ann Coulter. I don’t agree with everything she says. But I can listen. It is not your nor my business to squelch her – at least not in America. You don’t have to throw a fit. You don’t have to shout rebuttals. In fact, you don’t have to even have to show up. Nothing says “you are irrelevant” better than an empty room. The right wing puts up with your brain dead twisted reality amoral view of the world. You should extend the same courtesy. Angela Davis came to speak recently near me. There were no demonstrations, no shouting, nothing was burned, and few people attended. You should adopt that as a model for people you don’t like.

• SMH

Yo “Sam”! …I can *easily* tell from your writing — how ‘well’ you ‘express’ yourself (“I know you are barely out of diapers and you still need your Mommies [why is “Mommies” capitalized?] and teddy bears”, “you could die tomorrow and…no one would bat an eyelash”, “The right wing puts up with your brain dead twisted reality”, …etc.) — that *you* sure didn’t get into UC Berkeley — unless ya daddy had money or connections (white male affirmative action). _You sound like a *Saturday Night Live* spoof._ Ha-ha-ha…!

[P.S. for others: Angela Davis didn’t come to UC Berkeley to engage in anti-minority hate speech: to shout that we should hate, deride, ridicule, exclude, proclaim white/European cultural supremacy, have a right to *discriminate* against, and nationally scapegoat various minorities.]

.

• Sam

Yo SMH. You are so right. I did not attend UCB. In fact I attended UCLA (BA Econ) having not applied to UCB. However, if you want to compare qualifications to speak (or write), I also obtained an MS Computer Science and a Juris Doctorate. My IQ has been measured at 151 and I am a published author. Of course, I would bet that I am considerably older than you. So, perhaps, the comparison is unfair. Let me however recommend a logic class to you. Your criticisms were entirely ad hominem, which in classic logic, is referred to as a fallacy. Thinking individuals, which admittedly might be lacking on campus, would immediately recognize the fallacy and disregard your words. But, from a personal standpoint, I would love just once to read a fact or reasoning based counter argument, rather than the left’s standard diet of character attacks.

• SMH

I got a disqus email ‘knocking at my door’ from Sam! He just won’t leave me alone…: he’s trying to ‘impress’ me. So, lllet’s seee…

Sam: “Yo SMH. You are so right. I did not attend UCB.”

Big *’surprise’*…!

Didn’t I *nail* it?…

————————

Sam: “In fact I attended UCLA (BA Econ) having not applied to UCB. …Of course, I would bet that I am considerably older than you.”

That was probably wayyyy back in the *olden* days when they let almost *any* white guy in — wayyy before white guys had to had to compete with all the Asians! — now at the University of Caucasians Lost among Asians!!

————————

Sam: “I also obtained an MS Computer Science and a Juris Doctorate.”

I guess that wayyy back then UCLA let in and gave just *any* white guy a degree or two.

And, so you were a *nnnerrrd*, and love to — in your case *booorishly* — argue.

I’m *so* impressed…

Especially impressed with *anyone* who has “an MS degree in *Computer Science*” and a “JD”…!: I aints gots me either one o’ *’dozzze*…!!

(Unemployed huh? We don’t use FORTRAN anymore…; and so what do you *do* with “your JD” since you’re obviously not in court, or otherwise busy representing clients, or with your billable hours…: that’s why you have *time* to comment post at the Daily Cal, etc., all the time.)

Ha-ha-ha…!

————————

Sam: “My IQ has been measured at 151”

Uh-huh…, ‘*surrre*’ it has…

You whyyyte boyz sho’ izzz *smart*!!

*BEHOLD* — and I am truly awed by — your *superior* white intelligence!

————————

Sam: “I am a published author.”

Posting in the Daily Cal, etc., *comments* sections *doesn’t* count…

But, obviously you write so *well*!!

————————

Sam: “Let me however recommend a logic class to you.”

I’m all enraptured *ears*…

————————

Sam: “Your criticisms were entirely ad hominem, which in classic logic, is referred to as a fallacy.”

You mean like this?: (quoting Sam) “You poor left wing snowflakes”, “It must be a terrible world that you live in”, “I know you are barely out of diapers and you still need your Mommies [why is “Mommies” capitalized?] and teddy bears”, “you could die tomorrow and…no one would bat an eyelash”, “[I] do not buy your victim based socialist view” [McCarthyist red-baiting], “The right wing puts up with your brain dead twisted reality”, etc.

I’ll be sure and make a note of that — ‘Genius’…

(Ha-ha-ha…)

.

• Lynda Lackner

SMH vs SAM

Nothing like a good “Pissing Match”.
            Be careful, you just might piss on yourself.

• SMH

Yo Lynda…, I’m *BLACK*… *You* know what I mean…: that gives me *morrre* than enough size for safety.

;-)

That’s why we say, “Once you go *BLACK*…, you’ll never go *back*…!!

You *see* how I’m whippin’ all over Sam’s face with my *BIG* — well…, *you* know…

And Sam obviously can’t get *enough* of it. He keeps coming back… He’s obviously into Black on boorish lame white man *humiliation*… The sssick *kinkoid*…

.

• SMH

(continued)

Yo Lynda Lackner…, think of *this* about me…:

“How Do You Want It” — by Tupac:

.

• Lynda Lackner

You’re an Idiot!

• lspanker

Yo Lynda…, I’m *BLACK*…

You just HAD to bring that up to embarrass the other brothers, didn’t you?

• SMH

Says L’IL **OPIE**…: lspanker’s *real* name.

Ha-ha-ha…!

.

• Sam

Actually SMH, I just had a thought. Why don’t you attend the Ann Coulter talk, assuming the mob allows it, and take notes or even record it. Then take the recording and pick out Ann’s logic or factual fallacies. Do some research. You could then write a piece for the Daily Californian refuting her logic with source references to refute her factual mistakes. You would actually be adding positively to the debate, giving your fellow left wingers some ammunition to refute Coulterites, and performing a useful and instructive exercise in 1st amendment dynamics. It is work and requires mental effort which I realize is anathema to your generation. But, you would learn a lot and perhaps even gain a little notoriety on campus. You might even get a date or two out of it.

• SMH

Yyyeah Sam, I’ll get rrright on that…

I think that *Sam* is trying to get a date with me…, some kind of *kinky* date with me…: Sam obviously gets into black on white male *humiliation*… Sorry Sam, I’m not even gay… — not that anything’s *wrong* with that…

(Ha-ha-ha…)

.

• Sam

I have to admit SMH, I am disappointed. I had hoped that you might be at least semi serious. I was wrong. You are clearly an idiot. Even your humor doesn’t come off well since it is not clear from your post that you are black or from mine that I am white. Relative to your question, I use my JD as a intellectual property attorney with an emphasis in open source licensing. When the mood strikes me, I do embedded programming working in C or C++. I am currently working on an implementation of IEEE 1588 (Precision Time Protocol) and SYNCE (synchronous ethernet) in an internet switch. Yes I know you don’t understand. But, you did ask. In my spare time I write about military history, politics, Sci FI and current military strategy and weapons. I am currently outlining my first techno-military fiction with a war with china basic theme. So, why would I be wasting my time writing here? That is a very good question.

• lspanker

I have to admit SMH, I am disappointed.

I’m not. I would expect such a response from a mentally diminished troll like SMH.

• SMH

Sam: “Actually SMH, I just had a thought. Why don’t you attend the Ann Coulter talk, assuming the mob allows it, and take notes or even record it. Then take the recording and pick out Ann’s logic or factual fallacies. Do some research. You could then write a piece for the Daily Californian refuting her logic with source references to refute her factual mistakes. You would actually be adding positively to the debate, giving your fellow left wingers some ammunition to refute Coulterites, and performing a useful and instructive exercise in 1st amendment dynamics. It is work and requires mental effort which I realize is anathema to your generation. But, you would learn a lot and perhaps even gain a little notoriety on campus. You might even get a date or two out of it.”

‘Yyyeah’ Sam…, I’ll get rrright on that…

I think that it’s **Sam** tryna get a date with me…, some kind of *kinky* date with me…: Sam obviously gets into black on white male *humiliation*… Sorry Sam, I’m not even gay… — *not* that anything’s *wrong* with that…

(Ha-ha-ha…)

.

• SMH

Yeah, Sam, one of my female roommates is a recent UC *Berkeley* Law School graduate & good lefty attorney who practices specialized law in the federal courts, and she *too* has time to just sit around posting comments all the time and trying to impress people who don’t even know her — ‘just like’ *you* with all your, uhhh, ahem, “computer science *&* lawyering *&* big-time book author work” (oh yeah *now* I know who you are…: you’re that famous lawyer & book author & computer science genius!), which is *why* you have _**ALL THE TIME** IN THE WORLD_ to comments post in different Daily Cal, etc, comments sections and try to “impress” me with alll that, ahem, “impressive” work you have to “do”: wink-wink…– . Ha-ha-ha…!! Her name is *Jan* in case now you know who she is.

.

• pappy51

And he’s still expressing himself much better then you. You should stop now.

• SMH

Well, pappy, Sam *did* say that he was a *BIG-TIME* book author — rrrright, Sam? — when Sam’s not also doing his *BIG-TIME* computering — when Sam’s not doing his *BIG-TIME* lawyering — [wink, wink…] — in between Sam’s doing ALL HIS POSTING at the Daily Cal, that is…

Sam’s just a *geeenius* — *aren’t* ya Sam…?

So, pappy, I guess you’re *right*!!…
            .

• lspanker

Nah, Sam in actually trying to challenge you to debate and discuss ideas as a mature, rational adult, something that is apparently beyond your pay grade.

• SMH

Yeah, lspanker… Because *that’s* how I want to spend my *life*… Debating *you* two *bbozos*…

.

• Phineas Bogg

SMH just got owned with actionable advice to support their position & he crumbled & retreated.

This is what “Safe Spaces” causes – Crumble at the 1st sight of disagreement.

• SMH

Yeah, Phineas Bogg…, I just can’t go on *living* now…

Ha-ha-ha…

Ohhh you *Wonderbreads* are jez *too* much…!

Ha-ha-ha…
            .

• lspanker

“Debating” would be a step up from your current foaming and flailing like a child with diminished mental capacity.

• UrVapid

You’re an idiot.

• SMH

Yo, UrVapid!… OH NOW YOU’VE HURT MY **FFEEELLLINGS**, **TOOO**…!! Jes’ like barnesto…

(Heh-heh-heh…)

.

• UrVapid

You like your Chicken Kiev stuffed with Rachael Maddow’s urine instead of butter, right Skippy?

• pappy51

Well. he expressed himself much better then you. So, there’s that.

• Buzz Fledderjohn

I fail to see how this comment abides by the community standards set for this forum.

• ESPM360

Yeah, the snowflakes are afraid/threaten by petite blondes like Lauren Southern and Ann Coulter speaking a contrary viewpoint.

• SMH

.

A version of I posted when David Horowitz was invited to campus by the College Repuglicans — also applies to Ann Coulter:

“(H)e’s [Horowitz] interested in academic, political, and intellectual freedom to express views and opinions in a format that I think our campus really struggles with,” Rouley said in a text message.”

If you think this is actually true about either Horowitz or Coulter or *anyone* the College Repuglicans invite to campus, THEN YOU’RE A *CHUMP*!!

The speaking event will be so tightly controlled — and Horowitz or Coulter will have COMPLETE MICROPHONE CONTROL even over any so-called “Q&A”.

And it’s not like they’re going to be on some PANEL with INTELLECTUAL OPPOSITION that *ALSO* has sustained access to a microphone. There wouldn’t be any “academic/intellectual *exchange*, or *challenge*, or *debate* of views”. Horowitz/Coulter will make their usual *purposely* red-meat-incendiary cracks to purposely (just like Milo wanted to do) inflame and get the liberals/progressives/leftists ROARING with disgust. All this will be videod — but heavily edited and re-arranged — for publicity ‘footage’, and photographed for publicity ‘shots’.

And then Horowitz/Coulter will also use the “Q&A” as A ONE-WAY SET-UP — actually starting from their rabid-right-wing speech itself — for even *more* purposely incendiary cracks from Horowitz/Coulter — again, thrown out as bloody raw red meat to the *liberals/progressives* — with no follow-up rebuttals or corrections allowed from the same questioner. Q&A will be like setting up bowling ball pins, as far as Horowitz or Coulter are tactically concerned, for Horowitz or Coulter to verbally knock down at close range.

So then, given no real / meaningful opportunities for true reasonable rebuttal time, over Horowitz’s/Coulter’s MICROPHONE MONOPOLY, progressives/leftists will end up having to shout rebuttals — which happens when you don’t get a real or representative voice at the ‘table’ / podium / microphone to meaningfully counter a *purposely* incendiary speaker. And, that progressives / leftists shouting will also have the desired effect by Horowitz or Coulter of making the progressives / leftists in the audience look unruly and out-of-control. And it will thus be Horowitz / Coulter who will claim that the progressives/leftists wouldn’t let *him/her* speak.

No kind of truly intellectual exchange/critique of ideas/arguments would ever be conducted this way in an *academic* department or presentation — because no truly intellectual exchange/critique of ideas/arguments could ever meaningfully take place this way.

So…, do you really want to participate — be used and manipulated — in Horowitz’s/Coulter’s right-wing dog-&-pony — or should I say their BEAR-BAITING — show?

And then Horowitz/Coulter will use videos/photos of the not-given-a-chance, shouting critics as living *props* as a way for then *Horowitz/Coulter* to shout in their TV/print pleas/ads to their white right-wing grunts/groupies, “SEND ME MONEY! — I’m besieged!!”

,

• barnesto

fascist

• SMH

Yo, barnesto…! OH NOW YOU’VE HURT MY *FFEEELLLINGS*!!…

(Ha-Ha-Ha…!)

.

• barnesto

Oh nooo!!!!

• SMH

.

A version of I posted when David Horowitz was invited to campus by the College Repuglicans:

You know what?: David Horowitz already got soundly discredited a number of years ago at UC Berkeley — even the College Republicans (whom you can always count on to invite every prominent racist speaker on the national lecture circuit) were dumfounded (admittedly to say “College Republicans” and “dum” is a redundancy) and embarrassed. Horowitz, having discredited himself (see The San Francisco Chronicle, “The Issue Is Racism”), then the 2nd time the College Republicans surely invited Horowitz back to campus, I recommended to everyone in the progressive community to just *ignore* Horowitz because he had become a national *NOBODY* after being discredited. Thankfully no progressives bothered to show up to protest him — and Horowitz actually *COMPLAINED* that no protesters showed up to protest him!

You see, Horowitz likes to use the protests against him as a photo/video op to raise *MONEY* for himself. And speaking of Ann Coulter — another verbal BOMB-THROWER — it’s ironic than probably more *liberals/progressives* watch her when she’s on TV, cable, or YouTube just to get all worked-up over how outrageous she’s going to *purposely* say something incendiary (typically against various minorities), each of her remarks trying to out-do the *previous* one in red-meat outrageousness, than right-wingers watch because the right-wingers already know her economically calculated game. Thus, it’s — ironically — *liberals/progressives/leftists* who keep her ratings up so that she becomes such a commercial draw!

I agreed with running Milo out of town — the fascist and pro-pedophile (how do the College Repugs like him *now* or can the College Repugs *ever* be *too* embarrassed?), but Horowitz and Coulter are small fish compared to Milo (well, now self-destructed). Horowitz and Coulter (who was largely displaced by Sarah Palin) don’t even have any direct or indirect connections to the Trump White House or to power at all now. They are, indeed, small fish by comparison. YOU DON’T NEED TO GET UP AND GO LOOK EVERYTIME A DOG BARKS IN THE STREET. Just *ignore* them…: that is the greatest insult to them. And then they can’t use protesters as a way to shout to white right-wing grunts/groupies, “SEND ME MONEY! — I’m besieged!!”

,

• leftoright

This useless Lefty whining is why I cancelled any giving to my alma mater. Pay for your own indoctrination.

• lspanker

I’m not even sure he’s an alum… most likely one of the local hangers-on that gravitate to Berkeley like flies to fresh excrement.

• SMH

Look who’s *talkin’*…!: lspanker!!

,

• E.

I’m glad you turned me on to David Horowitz. I didn’t know who he was before. Thank, man.