Chewy, rich brownie bark

brownies_jshan
Judy Shan/Staff

With only two weeks left of school, the taste of summer is practically on the tips of our tongues. Unfortunately, before we can break out the popcorn and ice cream and stuff ourselves with junk food as we binge watch all the new Netflix shows, we must survive and conquer the looming threat of finals. It’s been a long semester, and we know there’s a desperate need for some magical source of energy in order to propel us across the finish line and into summer. That’s why we at the Clog are sharing another wondrous, delectable recipe from our magical cache of reviving recipes: delicious, chocolatey brownie bark.

Ingredients

Makes however many pieces you cut the brownie bark into

1 box brownie mix

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/3 cup water

1 large egg

img_3459

Judy Shan / Blog Staff

Before you do anything else, preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, remember to line a pan with parchment paper and set it aside.

Next, place all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and use a nice whisk or spatula to mix the batter until it is just combined. Make sure not to mix too much, as overmixing will result in a tough texture for the brownie bark.

Pour your batter onto the prepared baking sheet.

Using an offset spatula (a spatula with a slant that would be practical for spreading your batter), spread your brownie batter evenly (or as evenly as possible) over the baking sheet to ensure thorough and even baked-ness.

img_3453

Judy Shan / Blog Staff

Bake the brownie bark for 18-20 minutes. Make sure to cool this delicious confection completely before cutting into it, or else it will simply stick or fall apart as you attempt to cut it into perfect brownie bark squares.

Alternatively, if you simply made the brownie bark for your own personal enjoyment, dig into it without hesitation. Or, even better, plop a big scoop of ice cream onto the whole thing and eat it like an oversized Pizookie!

img_3471

Judy Shan / Blog Staff

Contact Judy Shan at [email protected].