Before you light up your jazz cabbage on 4/20, it’s only right that you have bumping playlists to vibe to. To accommodate the wide range of weed smokers with all different types of highs, these playlists include a variety of tunes to jam to (all of which are available of Spotify!).
Roll Up, You Bears
From the classics — Dr. Dre., Snoop Dogg and Bob Marley — to the pop hits of today (and even some country for those cannabis cowboys out there). And, to weed out the weaker strains and bring you only the most potent joints, all songs listed explicitly mention marijuana in some form. So throw on this playlist, be safe and roll up, Bears!
- “Because I Got High” by Afroman
- “Kaya” by Bob Marley
- “Smoke Two Joints” by Sublime
- “The Next Episode” by Dr.Dre ft. Snoop Dogg
- “Kush” by Dr.Dre
- “Bowl For Two” by The Expendables
- “Young, Wild, and Free” by Wiz Khalifa
- “Pursuit of Happiness” by Kid Cudi
- “Habits (Stay High)” by Tove Lo
- “Broccoli” by D.R.A.M
- “The Recipe” by Kendrick Lamar
- “Hands on the Wheel” by Schoolboy Q
- “Mary Jane” by Rick James
- “2 a.m.” by Slightly Stoopid
- “Sun Daze” by Florida Georgia Line
Yay Area Bearz
Being that Berkeley is located in the Bay Area, it only felt right to dedicate a specific playlist to local artists, yaddamean? These tracks aren’t the right strain for a mellowed-out sesh, but if you’re looking to puff-puff-party, this is the playlist for you. While some songs are not completely centered around marijuana use, you can easily get hyphy and lifted while listening to this mix.
- “I Got 5 on it” by Luniz
- “I Get Around” by Digital Underground
- “Get Stupid” by Mac Dre
- “Tell Me When To Go” by E-40 ft. Keak Da Sneak
- “Slown Down” by Clyde Carson
- “Say I” by E-40 ft. Wiz Khalifa
- “Never Goin’ Broke” by HBK Gang ft. Kehlani
- “U And Dat” by E-40 ft. Kandi Girl, T-Pain
- “UP!” by LoveRance ft. 50 Cent
- “Big Tymin’” by Nef The Pharaoh
- “Goin’ Up” by Iamsu! ft. Wiz Khalifa
- “Loaded” by G-Eazy ft. Carnage
So turn on, tune in and drop out (but not really, the semester is almost over!) this 4/20 and enjoy getting lost in the grass.
Contact Christie Aguilar at [email protected].