Milo Yiannopoulos announces intention to return to Berkeley later this year

milo_official_leweb_photos_creative_commons
OFFICIAL LEWEB PHOTOS/Creative Commons

Milo Yiannopoulos published a post on his Facebook page Friday afternoon, in which he announced his intention to return to Berkeley later this year.

In his post, Yiannopoulos said he is planning an event that will span over several days, called “Milo’s Free Speech Week,” in Berkeley, including on the UC Berkeley campus. He said he intends to hold talks, rallies and parties, “all in the name of free expression and the First Amendment.” He added that everyone will be welcome to attend the event, regardless of their political affiliation.

“We will stand united against the ‘progressive’ Left,” Yiannopoulos said in his post. “Free speech belongs to everyone — not just the spoilt brats of the academy.”

Berkeley College Republicans invited Yiannopoulos to speak on campus Feb. 1, but UCPD was forced to cancel the event when fiery protests erupted on Sproul Plaza, threatening public safety. A few days after the event was canceled, Yiannopoulos announced his intention to reschedule his talk at the UC Berkeley campus, but BCR had not heard back from Yiannopoulos about coordinating his return.

Neither campus spokesperson Dan Mogulof nor a member of BCR could be immediately reached for comment regarding Yiannopoulos’ recent announcement.

Yiannopoulos said in his post that during Milo’s Free Speech Week, he intends on distributing the Mario Savio Award — a free speech prize that will be given to the person who he believes has done significant work to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and the nearby area. He added that each day of Milo’s Free Speech Week will be “dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.”

According to Yiannopoulos, if the campus administration does not help coordinate the event, he still plans on returning to the campus.

“If UC Berkeley does not actively assist us in the planning and execution of this event, we will extend festivities to an entire month. We will establish a tent city on Sproul Plaza protesting the university’s total dereliction of its duty and encourage students at other universities to follow suit,” Yiannopoulos said. “I intend to return Berkeley to its rightful place as the home of free speech — whether university administrators and violent far-left antifa thugs like it or not.”

Chantelle Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.

• C Bierbauer78

Milo is running out of little boys so he needs to come to the Bay Area to restock his stable!

Ride Em, Milo!

• SMH

.

EVERYONE HIDE YOUR LITTLE CHILDREN FROM THAT PRO-/PEDOPHILE!!

(NOTE THAT WHITE-SUPREMACISTS-NATIONALISTS DON’T EVEN MIND *PEDOPHILES*!! — AS LONG AS THEY’RE *WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS* PEDOPHILES

–WHICH WAS PROBABLY TRUE IN NAZI GERMANY, AS A SPECIAL PERQUE, FOR THOSE WHO ‘SECRETLY’ SWUNG THAT WAY, AMONG THE NAZI ELITE, AS IT WAS AMONG THE ANCIENT ROMAN ELITE.

WHITE-SUPREMACY AND **HYPOCRISY** GO HAND-IN-HAND BECAUSE WHITE-SUPREMACY — RACISM — **HAS** TO BE PSYCHOLOGICALLY & LEGALLY HYPOCRITICAL IN PRACTICE IN THE FIRST PLACE

–AND IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN SO.)

.

• good! don’t let the liberal stone throwers cowl you!

• jim hoch

In other news Jimi Hendrix released a new album.

• Aaron Wagner

*starts popping popcorn* This will be interesting. Will liberals double down on speech as a justification for violence?

• SMH

.

WE’LL GIVE HIM THE SAME WELCOME AS BEFORE…

.
    BTW, EVEN MILO’s FORMER EMPLOYER, HIS PUBLISHER, AND A REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONFERENCE ALL FINALLY **DROPPED** & **REPUDIATED** HIM.

.

• good to know the tolerant left welcomes free speech

• SMH

Caesar Merlin: “good to know the tolerant left welcomes free speech”

OH WE’LL GIVE MILO *ANOTHER* *VERY* WARM WELCOME.

Ha-Ha-Ha…
        .

• ESPM360

When is the UC administrators going to begin book burning?

• SMH

.

ESPM360: “When is the UC administrators going to begin book burning?”

WE’RE GONNA START THE BURNING WITH MILO’s, HOROWITZ’s AND COULTER’s BOOKS — ALONG WITH THOSE BY ANY *OTHER* FASCIST WHITE-SUPREMACISTS.

THE WORLD WILL BE A BETTER PLACE FOR IT.

(We’ll burn them on Sproul Plaza and convert the heat into a device to power a temporary cell phone recharging station there — that way the production energy *wasted* in making them will be recycled.)

.

• ESPM360

Which of Milo, Horowitz, and Coulter books that you ever purchased are you burning? Oh that’s right. You will burn other peoples property. You all have lot’s of experience at that.

• SMH

.
          WHO *SAID* YOU WERE DUM…?

Ha-ha-ha…
          .

• Spanker Dane

UC Berkeley administrators and professors should attend the event. Many of them would benefit greatly from being educated on the meaning of free speech.

• Iron Mike Houston

The administrators have no intentions of allowing free speech. Any speech that don’t agree with the leftists is now hate speech and according to the leftists, hate speech isn’t guaranteed in the USA constitution.

• what is even more outrageous than a college muzzling free speech is a
        government institution muzzling free speech. Do not forget that dollars
        from the wallet of the california taxpayer fund the university! Do not
        forget that we are afforded constitutional protections against government suppression of dissenting speech!

• SMH

.

HOW ‘BOUT THE COLLEGE REPUGlicans — AND THEIR RICH DADDIES — **PAY** FOR THE SCORES OR HUNDREDS OF COPS THAT THE BCR WANT TO PROTECT THEIR _PURPOSELY **INCITEMENT**_ SPEAKERS & THE VENUE — AND ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT?

–INSTEAD OF THE BERKELEY & CALIFORNIA *TAXPAYERS* IN EFFECT *SUBSIDIZING* THOSE SPEAKERS WHO COME TO *PURPOSELY* CREATE VIOLENT TENSIONS.

.

• speakers shouldnt be responsible for paying for the price of the hecklers veto. liberals screech all day about victim blaming but I guess in this case you seem to think its completely kosher

• BunnyRabbit

Plus they could get learned on child molestation.

• FreedomFan

I doubt that topic will be discussed. To learn more about that, interview Bill Clinton about his many adventures on convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s “Lolita Express”.

• Oh come now, let’s be fair. The administration was always in favor of letting Milo speak. The disruption was caused by anarchists from the surrounding East Bay.