Antifa aims to preserve safety of community through response

coloredited_xinyuli_antifa
Xinyu Li/File

We would like to preface this statement by saying we do not represent every group involved in anti-fascist demonstrations here in Berkeley, or in the Bay Area. While many of our comrades may share our beliefs and opinions, we are not a unified group and we do not intend to speak for anyone but ourselves.

With that out of the way: Hello, UC Berkeley! We are those anti-fascists you’ve heard so much about recently. Let us introduce ourselves. Some of us are your fellow UC Berkeley students, while others are Berkeley City College students, UC Berkeley alumni or members of the Berkeley community.

For security reasons, we don’t usually talk to the press. But the media coverage of our actions against the current wave of far-right mobilization in Berkeley has inspired us to express to the public why it is that we do what we do.

You may have never heard of Antifa until we marched onto Sproul Plaza on the night of Feb. 1. Our struggle is global and ongoing, with a history that stretches as far back as there have been fascists to resist.

The current visibility of militant anti-fascism is due to the Trump-era resurgence of open, violent white nationalism. They’re more than just 4chan trolls spouting racist rhetoric online. Last June, when the Traditionalist Workers Party and the Golden State Skinheads attempted to rally in Sacramento, they stabbed nine people in the ensuing confrontation with Antifa. Identity Evropa leader Nathan Damigo sucker-punched a woman on camera at the rally April 15.

Our opponents push the misconception that, by militantly confronting them, we are stifling their free speech. We may be a bunch of leftists and anarchists, but we’ve still read the Constitution.

The First Amendment protects you from government censorship. It does not allow you to impose on the 14th Amendment rights of others, prevent other people from using their freedoms of speech and assembly to hold you accountable for the things you say, or guarantee you a right to a paid speaking gig on a college campus.

Ultimately, the bloc’s actions against Milo Yiannopoulos were not in response to the things he says, but the things he does. Yiannopoulos has a history of targeted harassment of transgender, Muslim and undocumented students at his campus speeches. On the night of Feb. 1, he planned to use his platform to teach the crowd how to report undocumented students to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It was also rumored he planned to out undocumented students.

This is not protected speech. You can’t yell “fire” in a crowded theater and you can’t out undocumented students on a sanctuary campus.

Despite all of this, the UC Berkeley administration chose to put their students in danger. We decided this was unacceptable. You may disagree with our actions, but if it protected even one student from being targeted, then we are not ashamed.

Bay Area Antifa did not have any militant action planned for Ann Coulter’s event. While her views are disgusting and deserve to be protested, nobody wants to get attacked with a nightstick or go to jail over Ann Coulter. If any action had been taken, it would have been because of the extremists in attendance and looking for a fight at her speech.

But these speakers know now to expect resistance. We didn’t have to shut Coulter down she canceled once her financial backers and the administration recognized that her presence was unsafe and unprofitable.

You may have wondered where the masses of people in masks were April 27. We shut them down March 4 and April 15 because they wanted to prove they could rally in Berkeley. On April 27, they came from far and wide to fight Antifa. Instead of giving them what they wanted, we let them stand around in the park in their Spartan helmets, pretending to enjoy their open mic and getting sunburned.

Our ideology is not tethered to masculinity and strength we don’t ever have to fight on their terms. We are also aware (because again, we live here) that on a Thursday afternoon, high schoolers and middle schoolers were in class in the area where the fascists wanted to hold their street fight.

You’re probably sick of feeling like Berkeley is a warzone. We are, too. We’re tired of seeing Identity Evropa propaganda on campus and up and down the streets we grew up on. We’re tired of hearing about kids at Albany High using Nazi salutes in the hallways.

And we’re tired of fighting a second front against public apathy and misinformation.

We are anti-fascists. We are not paramilitary, outside agitators, or punks looking for a fight. We are members of this community who are invested in its safety.

We understand that not everyone can join us in this fight. All we ask is that you understand why we take to the streets.

The authors requested anonymity because of safety concerns.

Contact the opinion desk at [email protected] or follow us on Twitter @dailycalopinion.

• Cyclopean

no pasaran!

• lspanker

Get a job, child.

• SMH

.

YYYO, WHITE-SUPREMACISTS-NATIONALISTS — BUNCH O’ **CRYYYBBABIES**!!…:

IT’S ***OVER***!!…

Y’ALL ***LLLOST***!!…

***THREEE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ***…:

NO *MILO*…, NO **HORRORWITZ**…, NO ***COULTER***!!

END OF STORY.

***PERIOD***.

GET **USE** TO IT.

GO LICK YOUR WOUNDS.

BECAUSE Y’ALL CAN **YYAPP-YYAPP-YYAPP** ALL YA WANT — BUT IT WON’T CHANGE A **DDDAMMMN** THANG.

(COULTER WHO **SAID** SHE’D SHOW UP “NO MATTER WHAT”!!!… BUT I GUESS, LIKE A **WHHORRRE**, SHE WASN’T GOING TO SHOW UP UNLESS SHE GOT **PAID**!!)

HA-HA-HA!!…

.

• SMH

.

YO WHITE-SUPREMACISTS-NATIONALISTS — BUNCH O’ **CRYYYBBABIES**!!…:

IT’S ***OVER***!!…

Y’ALL ***LLLOST***!!…

(COULTER WHO **SAID** SHE’D SHOW UP “NO MATTER WHAT”)!!!…

END OF STORY.

***PERIOD***.

GET **USE** TO IT.

GO LICK YOUR WOUNDS.

BECAUSE Y’ALL CAN **YYAP-YYAP-YYAP** — BUT IT WON’T CHANGE A **DDDAMMMN** THANG.

.

• Mr. Thatcher

Does antifa really want communism? Take a look at North Korea to see total communism’s ultimate end. A dupe is as a dupe does. For those who choose to wake up, merely read The Naked Communist a book written in the 1960’s.

• Erica Etelson

I appreciate this article. I’d like to hear from antifas what they think would happen if they stopped engaging in violent confrontations with fascists in Berkeley. Are they willing to give that a try next time Milo is in town and see what happens? My hunch is that, if the fascists don’t get what they’ve come for (fighting), they’ll stop coming. Another possibility is to lay low until Milo utters “fighting words” (outing students) before responding rather than assuming he will do so and shutting him down pre-emptively which plays into the fascists’ phony-but-effective free speech victim narrative.

• lspanker

I’d like to hear from antifas what they think would happen if they stopped engaging in violent confrontations with fascists in Berkeley.

I’d like to see you stop calling everyone you disagree with a “fascist”, it’s getting kind of old.

• sundaze

Look up antifa, say it’s activities in France. They actually help prevent change and are there to do exactly that.

• F. R.

Antifa is the new nazi party. You’ve not only protested free speech, you’ve been violent, covered your little cowardly faces, broken other people’s property, physically hurt others (brave males hitting women), and the admin has permitted it. YOU ARE THE NAZIS. YOU ARE THE FASCISTS.

• SMH

.

“Antifa is the new nazi party … physically hurt others (brave males hitting women)

YOU MEAN BIG ‘BRAVE’ NEO-NAZIS LIKE THIS?…:

“White Supremacist Thug Sucker Punches Woman In The Face During Protest!”

THAT WHITE-SUPREMACIST HAS PROBABLY BECOME MORE INFAMOUS THAN BILL O’REILLY!!

.

• SMH

.

NOW *THIS* IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A WHITE-SUPREMACIST TRIES TO TAKE ON A BLACK MAN…:

“WHITE SUPREMACIST GETS KNOCKED OUT By One Punch After Harrassing Black Man & His Friends!”

NOTE THE **DIFFERENCE**?…

.

• F. R.

That’s a coward and what he did was disgusting. ANYONE who does something like that is a coward & needs to have it shown to their friends & family.

• White supremacists are lookin to fight. Don’t give ’em that satisfaction, please, or we are playing into their hands. Thnx much for this article. Thnx especially for “they came from far and wide to fight Antifa.
    Instead of giving them what they wanted, we let them stand around in
    the park in their Spartan helmets, pretending to enjoy their open mic
    and getting sunburned.”

• ESPM360

You cannot say the same about the Milo protest, can you? You cannot take the push back just like a school yard bully. Antifa did not show up last week because they are cowards and knew they would get their butts kicked like they did on the 15th.

• Douglas Levene

It’ll be a sad day when free speech rights depend on the number of street fighters you can mobilize to defend you. We’ve seen what happens in that case – that was the Weimar Republic and it wasn’t pretty. It would be far better if the authorities – the police – rigorously and fairly enforced the law against both left and right street fighters, and protected the rights of even controversial speakers to give speeches without fear of assault or other physical interference. That means rounding up antifa when they try to stop a speech by someone they don’t like, and it means doing the same to the skinheads when they show up to rumble with the antifa. And, by the way, “antifa” is a crappy name – it sound just like the “anti-fascist” fronts created by Stalin in the 1930s.

• Thank you for this, I’ve been wanting to hear from you guys for a while. This is very informative.

• lspanker

It’s very informative that the Daily Cal would choose to publish a bunch of propagandistic [email protected] like this. For the same people who beat people up and break things when they don’t get their way to claim that they are acting in the interest of anyone’s “safety” is completely ludicrous. I certainly hope you don’t fall for this garbage, because if you do, it doesn’t say much about your own reasoning skills.

• I don’t fall for your garbage, either

• lspanker

And what “garbage” would that be? Let’s see if you can actually deal with specifics.

• Alex S.

“Identity Evropa leader Nathan Damigo sucker-punched a woman on camera at the rally April 15.”

I’ve got no use for Damigo, but the chick he punched was wielding a wine bottle as a weapon a few seconds before he first encountered her; she dropped the bottle and came back at him, and that’s when she got clocked.

• Marg

Did you report this to City of Berkeley Police? Her identity is known.

• SMH

.

OF COURSE THE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING ***LLLOOOZZZERRR*** DIDN’T

–BECAUSE IT’S A *LIE*!

.

• lspanker

The facts refute your fanciful interpretation of events, fruitcake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevGWvB7Z_s
          https://i.redd.it/lci465bxb7sy.jpg

• SMH

.
            I’M NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO LOOK

(I’ve got better things to do with my time.)

***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ*** !!!

HA-HA-HA …
            .

• lspanker

I’M NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO LOOK

Not that I would expect you to do such, given that you are a complete loony who’s not a bit interested in the facts. I’m merely doing it for the benefit of those who haven’t seen it already, lest somebody be momentarily fooled into getting the idea that you’re in the least interested in an intelligent discussion…

• SMH

.

YO lspanker!!…: I NEVER INTELLECTUALLY DUEL WITH AN **UNARMED** BOY.

HA-HA-HA…!!
            .

• lspanker

Hmm, 50+ posts on this article, and not an upvote among them. You’re really winning hearts and minds over to your way of thinking, aren’t you? :O)

• SMH

OH MYYY…!!: NOW I CAN’T GO ON LLLIVINGGG!!…

(OH *LOOK* lspanker…, AND YOU GOT ***1*** VOTE…: NOW YOU *CAN* GO ON LIVING.)

HA-HA-HA….!!

• SMH

OH *LOOK* lspanker…, NOW YOU GOT ***2*** VOTES…: THAT’LL MAKE YOUR WHOLE **LLLIFE**!!

HA-HA-HA….!!
            .

• SMH

.

‘Surrrre’….. ‘Nice try’… Come back when you can actually *convince* someone…

.

• Douglas Levene

She was also wearing sap gloves with weights in them, which I believe are illegal in California. The pictures clearly show her hitting Domingo in the neck at the exact same time he hit her in the face. I guess the sap gloves didn’t quite equal things out. She might want to rethink her plan to pick fights with much bigger men in the future.

• SMH

.

THE VIDEO SHOWS DIFFERENT.

LET NATHAN DAMIGO GO TRY THAT IN EAST OR WEST OAKLAND

— AND HE WON’T BE GOING HOME THAT DAY.

.

• Douglas Levene

Here’s a pro-tip for you. Using all caps is neither an effective way to persuade anyone or, since this is print and not the public square, an effective way to shout-down someone. Take the caps lock off and spend more time on your arguments. You’re welcome.

• SMH

.
            IT GOT **YOUR** ATTENTION, Douglas Levene, **DIDN’T** IT…

HA-HA-HA…
            .

• Douglas Levene

Did you persuade me or prevent me from making my point? You should listen to your elders.

• SMH

DID YOU PERSUADE ME OR PREVENT ME FROM MAKING **MY** POINT?

• lspanker

The same way some crazed loony pushing a shopping cart down the middle of Milvia Street at 3 AM screaming his lungs out gets attention. Too bad you didn’t have anyone in your life that ever explained that getting attention all the time is not necessarily a good thing…

• Alex S.

“This is not protected speech. You can’t yell “fire” in a crowded theater and you can’t out undocumented students on a sanctuary campus.”

All three clauses in the quote above are lies. Milo’s speech was protected under the Constitution; the “fire in a crowded theater” line was dicta from a case that was overturned 40 years ago, and is not a correct statement about free speech protection; and just because a college administration votes to hinder the federal government in enforcing federal law, that does not remove free-speech protection from true statements about people who are in violation of federal law.

I’d tell the typists of this article to go back and study Constitutional law, but as commies they have no use for the Constitution anyway except to the extent they can mischaracterize it toward their own ends of overturning it.

• Alex S.

“[W]hen the Traditionalist Workers Party and the Golden State Skinheads attempted to rally in Sacramento, they stabbed nine people in the ensuing confrontation with Antifa.”

If Antifa, BAMN, and the other commie groups hadn’t physically attacked the white-supremacists, the rally would almost certainly have been entirely peaceful — they would have marched around in a circle, gave a few stupid speeches and made a few stupid chants, and gone home. But the commies escalated the counterprotest and instigated the violence — some of y’all are on video attacking people who were not fighting back. If some of the people you attacked fought back with knives, I guess the juries can decide whether their self-defense arguments hold water.

• Patriot123579

“There are two types of Fascists; The Fascists and the Anti-Fascists.” – Unattributed Author

Also, most people in the U.S. have come to understand “Antifa” as “Anti First-Amendment” since most of the time all your members do is verbally and physically assault ANYONE who doesn’t share your Fascist, Progressive-Left opinions.

Also, just so you know your history, every Fascist movement started from the Left. I’ll say that again, EVERY FASCIST MOVEMENT started from the Left, usually the far Left.

Congratulations Antifa, you’ve officially become what you claim to hate.

• Exactly!

• Jorge Carolinos

It must be shocking to the klaverinst left when they don’t get agreement.

• SMH

.

IT SURE MUSTA BEEN SHOCKING TO THE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS…

WHEN THEY BECAME ***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ***!!!…

— IN FRONT OF THE WHOLLLE WORRRLLLD!!!…

HEY!!…: HOW’S THAT **LLLAWSUIT** COMIN’ ALONG?…

HA-HA-HA!!!…

.

• lspanker

So you’re the guy who keeps getting kicked out of public meetings for going off like a loonie… I’m really not surprised.

• SMH

.
            STILL ALL OVER MY JOCK, HUH lspanker?…

WELL GUESS WHO GOT KICKED OUTTA THEIR GIGS ON CAMPUS?…

*MILO*…, **HORRORWITZ**…, & ***COULTER***…!!

WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT ***THAT***!!!?…

*** NNNNOTHIN’ !! ***

*** HA–HHA–HHHA*** … !!!
            .

• Roger Anthony Essig

Antifa Stabbed someone on that day, Antifa attacked with a bike lock on that day. Antifa threw large rocks on that day. Antifa threw m80’s on that day.

• Quit bringing facts to the fairy tales! They don’t mix and match.

• It’s called freedom of speech. Get over it. Let people exercise their right to it. If you feel so strongly against their message, you gather a crowd of people and speak to them. Win through your ideas and words, stop inciting violence and shutting down the ideas you don’t like. Come out and debate Milo, Ann, Ben, anybody, instead of acting like a petulant child that isn’t even confident enough to come out to a rally unmasked.

• SMH

.

WE — JUST LIKE “PUBLIC ENEMY” SAID TO DO — SHUT ‘EM DDOWWNNN…!!!:

MILO…, COULTER…, HORRORWITZ.

END OF STORY.

.

• You are a moron, plain and simple. Can’t spell, can’t write, can’t make a coherent sentence. Let the adults talk, son.

• SMH

OH, SH*T, Oscar…, NOW YOU DONE HURT MY FFEEELLLINGGGS!!…

HA-HA-HA…!!

• MNbobster

Antifa storm troopers in action. Their violence is the only good violence. They cover their faces because they know they are doing illegal things.They don’t believe in the constitution for anyone that holds views they don’t agree with.

• Robert B.

“Come on bro, debate me, debate me, Communism din du nuffin!” Cuck.

• ANTIFA is an organized group subverting people’s First Amendment rights by using intimidation & violence. RICO Act should be used against ANTIFA

• Patrick Cappadocia

Antifa = Liberals who believe they have the moral authority to determine what political opinions other people may have and share… and of course their belief in the violence necessary to back that authority. You know, because they’re not a terrorist organization or anything. Nah. How about them masks?

• SMH

.

YYO ***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ***!!…

IT’S ALLL OVER BUT YOUR *CRYIN’*…

GET USED TO IT.

.

• lspanker

So is it the bong or the crack pipe that keeps you motivated?

• SMH

lspanker: “So is it the bong or the crack pipe that keeps you motivated?”

NOPE…!! IT’S THE *NATURAL* HIGH FROM *LLLAUGHING* AT ALL YOU ULTRA-RIGHT-WING

***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ***!!!

HA-HA-HA….!!

• Lawrence Kennon

Antifa are the real fascists. A lot like Nazi “Brown Shirts” in the 1930s who used violence to silence those they didn’t like. If they want to see a real fascist all they need to do is look in the mirror.

• Johnny Fascist

You not only can ‘out an undocumented student’ on a ‘sanctuary campus’ you are required to do so if you have knowledge – by federal law. Are you intentionally giving false legal advice to readers? Does the Daily Cal endorse this action?

• SMH

.

WHITE RIGHT-WING **NNUTTJOB**: “You not only can ‘out an undocumented student’ on a ‘sanctuary campus’ you are required to do so if you have knowledge”

YO ESG, YOU SEE HOW **NNNUTTY** THOSE WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS ARE!?…

THERE IS NO LAW REQUIRING A MEMBER OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO REPORT **ANY** SO-CALLED “CRIME” — LET ALONE REPORT UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS.

IT MIGHT BE ILLEGAL TO WILLINGLY & KNOWINGLY ABET & AID A SO-CALLED “CRIME”, BUT NO MEMBER OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS LEGALLY FORCED TO **REPORT** A SO-CALLED “CRIME” — OR “OUT” ANY UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT.

–EXCEPT IN A FASCIST STATE & IN THE MIND OF WHITE RIGHT-WING **NNUTTJOBS**.

THOSE WHITE RIGH-WING **NNUTTJOBS* MUST STILL BE FOLLOWING BILL O’REILLY’S INTERNET BLOG — EVEN THOUGH HIS AZZ HAS FINALLY BEEN KICKED OFF FOX.

.

• lspanker

Funny how the people you smear as “right wing nutjobs” are still far better at engaging in intelligent discussion than you are…

• SMH

YYYEAH… THAT’S WHY I’M BOTHERING TO EVEN *DO* SO…

HA-HA-HA…!!

• Rupert

Antifa talk big but when we turned up in numbers they ran.

• SMH

.

FUNNY…: DON’T SEE ANY OF YOU ULTRA-RIGHT-WING ***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ*** IN TOWN NOW!!…

.

• Rupert

Why would we come when antifa run from any fight? I get a better work out at the gym.

• SMH

WHAT HAPPENED TO STAND YOUR GROUND.

I DON’T SEE ANY OR YOU ULTRA-RIGHT-WING ***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ*** STANDING **ANYWHERE** IN BERKELEY NOW.

ALL YOU COULD DO WAS TO PPA-THE-TIC-CALLY READ “COULTER’S” “SPEECH” (…A “SPEECH” WHICH DIDN’T EVEN GET MEDIA COVERAGE)…,

COULTER WHO WOULDN’T EVEN SHOW UP (…ALL *TALK*, **NO** ACTION)…,

GO LICK YOUR ***LLLOOOZZZER*** WOUNDS…,

AND GO BACK HOME TO WHITE LLLUMPEN ***LLLOOOZZZERRRVILLLE***

HA-HA-HA…!!.
          .

• Rupert

You for real? I was there in Berkeley and antifa stood behind the police lines and backed down at every opportunity.

• SMH

YEAH, THAT’S WHY YOU GOT ALL YOUR WHITE-RACIST SPEAKERS ON CAMPUS

— OOOPS!!… YA ***DIDN’T***!!…

HA-HA-HA…!!!

• Rupert

The only racists are antifa and BLM. A lot of the black guys from the gym came with us to beat up some losers.

• SMH

.
            YOU MEAN THE ***THREE*** TIME ***LLLOOOZZZERRRZZZ*** LIKE YOU LLLOONIE WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS…!!?

HA-HA-HA…!!
            .

• Marvin

These people are big stupid looking clown shoes!!!

• FreedomFan

Purity of thought is the only thing that matters as Leftist-infested universities. In the process these blinkered thinkers stop bothering to even try to understand what the other side is trying to say. Instead they argue against cartoonish strawmen and parade around bragging about how right they are

• ESG

The thing I find most interesting about this comment section is that none of the people attacking antifa or calling them “left-wing fascists” are actually speaking out against, or even acknowledging the existence of actual fascism.

If you don’t like the way antifa is acting, then show us a better way of fighting fascism… unless you’re okay with it. Stop it with this apathetic centrist BS. Stop being so apathetic to the plight of targeted and marginalized groups.

• There’s a fair amount of research showing that violent protests decrease the amount of sympathy that a cause gets. The mainstream media is usually pretty anti Trump, but just recently Berkeley has become the butt of a national joke due to the actions of Antifa. Antifa violence plays in to Trump’s hands and increases his support. It might even give him the pretext he needs for a real authoritarian crackdown. Nonviolent protests are a much better way to go.

Let me put it this way: I might be a left winger if left wingers seemed like reasonable people who are safe to be around. Antifa makes it seem like they’re not.

• Jorge Carolinos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

11.. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become
        a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your
        side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.

• ESG

How other people protest shouldn’t impact your own dedication to fighting for social justice. What you’re saying right now is “I would normally support people getting human rights, but because other people are using violence to fight for human rights, I don’t support human rights anymore”. How does this make any sense?

If you all are really worried about Trump enacting an authoritarian crackdown, I think it shows just how fascist our government is becoming. And if he were to actually use military/police violence to crack down on people’s protesting, surely that indicates a reason for violent revolt? At least, the US was founded on violent revolt for the very same reason- an event Americans celebrate every year.

My bottom line is- sometimes violence is justifiable self-defense when it protects marginalized and targeted groups in the community. Nonviolence and community-building has a place too- if you don’t support violence, you should wholeheartedly support leftist causes in these ways. But you shouldn’t let fascist reactions dictate what causes you’re going to take, because fascists are going to fight against leftists and try to manipulate the public opinion regardless.

• Jorge Carolinos

“How other people protest shouldn’t impact your own dedication to fighting for social justice.”

They are not protesting, that you conflate protesting with rioting is moronic.

Your conspiracy ramblings reminds me of this.

http://harpers.org/archive/1964/11/the-paranoid-style-in-american-politics/

• ESG

Moronic: Again with the ableist insults (see what I wrote above).

Your argument is one of semantics and honestly doesn’t affect the point I made. Let me adjust: If some people riot, that shouldn’t impact your own dedication to fighting for social justice.

• FreedomFan

It must be frustrating when people won’t avoid using certain words you warn them not to use. Not fascist at all.

• ESG

*shrug* fascism starts with words. Like the “science” in the US that justified eugenics in the US in the 19th/20th centuries.

• FreedomFan

Your friends at Planned Parenthood, such as founder Margaret Sanger, were huge fans of eugenics. No doubt you are a big abortion proponent.

• ESG

Yes, funny you should mention it, I am fully against eugenics-based promotion of abortion and I know very well Margaret Sanger’s history of supporting eugenics.

• FreedomFan

That puts you in about 5% among other leftists.

• ESG

What do you know about leftists? Have you even talked to any? I support women’s rights to their own bodily autonomy and their right to get safe abortions (especially in the case of rape victims), but I am strictly against the idea that women should get abortions to “preserve better genes/better social class”, etc. Which is something that many liberals agree with, but then again, leftists are not liberals.

• FreedomFan

Conservatives are the original or “classic liberals”.
            Leftists are the opposite; they want to crush human rights, such as the right of tiny unborn women to live.

• lspanker

What do you know about leftists? Have you even talked to any?

The actions of leftists like you speak louder than words…

• ESG

And what good actions do you have on your hands?

• lspanker

For one, I don’t run around like a hysterical idiot and beat people up because I don’t agree with what they have to say. I’m also willing to listen to people and bring them to task for what they actually BELIEVE instead of making up nonsense such as accusing them of being “fascist” or “racist”, the refuge of people who can’t offer an intelligent argument to support their position. That alone makes me far, far better than the likes of you and your troglodyte fellow travelers.

• ESG

I did not ask what you *don’t* do. I asked what good actions you’ve done for the community around you, and to help with the problems that exist in society.

Many of the “troglodytes” in Antifa actively work for causes such as helping homeless veterans, running food kitchens, etc.

P.S. You’re not listening to anyone, are you? Stop priding yourself on listening to stuff you already wanted to hear.

• SMH

.

AND OUR WORDS *&* ACTIONS TO *MILO*, *HORRORWITZ*, & *COULTER* WAS:

GET / STAY THA F*CK OUTT…!!

.

• lspanker

Now that I know who YOU are, maybe I should make a point to show up the next time you go off one one of your lunatic rants, so I can cheer the other members of the audience when they kick your @ss out.

• SMH

YOU **DO** THAT lspanker…, OKAY?

BUT TRY NOT TO **SLOBBER** ALL OVER MY JOCK WHEN YOU’RE THERE, lspanker.

NOW THAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHO I AM…

HA-HA-HA…!!

• SMH

.

NOT THAT THOSE **NNUTTJOBS** WHITE-SURPEMACISTS-NATIONALISTS LIKE FF (F*CKFACE) CARES…

.

• lspanker

You keep pushing this ludicrous assertion that somehow those who oppose you are promoting eugenics. It’s clear that you feel compelled to peddle this [email protected] because you damn well know you will never win an argument based on facts or reason.

• ESG

Listen, facts and reason are not something I’m going to find here, why bother?

I didn’t say anyone supported eugenics until they started throwing around slurs against mentally disabled people and refused to apologize for it. People like you would support such a system if it were to come back.

• lspanker

How quick you are to reach for any excuse to NOT engage in open two-way discussion.

People like you would support such a system if it were to come back.

How would YOU know what anyone else supports or believes, given that you’re too closed-minded and intolerant to even consider the views of others?

• ESG

When you’re ready to engage in “open two-way discussion” let me know. Surely you can admit that you didn’t come here with an open mind, willing to change your own opinion?

You people know nothing but anger, and I’m still unclear how you think you’ve gotten the short end of the stick from history. I hope you can unlearn all the apathy and hate you’ve been taught, because it makes me deeply sad.

• lspanker

You people know nothing but anger, and I’m still unclear how you think you’ve gotten the short end of the stick from history.

Who are “you people”, and why are you so intent on misrepresenting what others stand for, unless it’s the only way you think you can win an argument?

• SMH

.

ESG YOU CAN SEE HOW DISINGENUOUS THOSE WHITE RACISTS, ETC., ARE, SO LET ME TRY SAYING THIS TO HONEST PEOPLE WHO MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND:

SOMEONE MIGHT OBJECT TO “RIOTING”, BUT THEY CAN’T *MORALLY* OBJECT TO SOCIAL/GLOBAL HUMAN RIGHTS JUSTICE.

.

• FreedomFan

Social justice is the opposite of actual justice.
          Ask Nichole Simpson…oh wait you can’t.

• SMH

.

YO ESG!…: HOW DOES THAT F*CKFACE **NNUTTJOB** BRING IN SIMPSON!?

AND WHO THE HHELL IS “Nichole Simpson” ANYWAY?

.

• SMH

.

” fascists are going to fight against leftists and try to manipulate the public opinion regardless [OF WHETHER YOU RESIST “VIOLENTLY” OR NONVIOLENTLY].”

***EXACTLY**!!… — WHITE RACISTS AND RIGHT-WING FASCISTS (LIKE THE NAZIS) HAVE (HAD) THE SAME PLAN EITHER WAY.

(Although the nature, tactics, setting, judgement, timing and demarcation of resistance methods should always be open to debate within the left.)

.

• lspanker

How other people protest shouldn’t impact your own dedication to fighting for social justice.

You aren’t fighting for “social justice”. You’re merely looking for an excuse to beat up people you don’t like.

• Jorge Carolinos

Your issue here is with reality and windmills.

ANTIFA isn’t fighting fascism, the people ANTIFA attack are not fascists, they got some fascists at the last rally because of their past violence. There latest problems came about from their own stupidity, that whole cause and effect thing, dumb communists attract dumb fascists after dumb communists repeatedly run wild.

ANTIFA also don’t speak for or represent “targeted and marginalized groups” whatever that means and whoever they are, I know you liberals get to claim everyone in some sort of general self appointed middle class college educated condescending sort of way, but it doesn’t work that way. Post modern world salad only works with other indoctrinated true believer types.

Your problem solved.

1. ANTIFA doesn’t fight fascists.
      2. The beatings ANTIFA got are the result of their own stupidity.
      3. They speak and represent no one.
      4. No one but a few self selected true believer types even care about your blubbering.

• ESG

1. Fascism can be identified by excessive focus on nationalism, “prevailing of the strong”, racial supremacism, etc. These are all themes that underline the alt-right movement, and even some self-described “libertarians” (in quotes because no actual libertarian would support Trump and his policies). Even if people don’t describe themselves as fascists, these ideas still underline their movement. You really think fascism *starts* with outright violence and genocide? It starts with more subtle things.

2. Don’t use ‘dumb’ and ‘stupid’ as insults. These words are products of eugenics in the US (which largely inspired Nazi eugenics programs):
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States
        These insults only carry weight because mentally disabled people are seen as sub-human, so implicating that someone is mentally disabled is seen as insulting.

3. Targeted and marginalized groups: Immigrants, Muslims, African Americans, LGBT, etc. That’s what that means and who they are. Antifa does support these groups, especially when a large portion of the US populace does not even recognize that these groups are marginalized.

4. No matter how much you try to weaponize class, many people in the leftist movement are not middle-class nor college educated.

• Jorge Carolinos

Article — From the November 1964 issue

The Paranoid Style in American Politics

By Richard Hofstadter

“But behind this I believe there is a style of mind that is far from new
          and that is not necessarily right-wing. I call it the paranoid style
          simply because no other word adequately evokes the sense of heated
          exaggeration, suspiciousness, and conspiratorial fantasy that I have in
          mind. In using the expression “paranoid style” I am not speaking in a
          clinical sense, but borrowing a clinical term for other purposes.”

• ESG

Nice “Post modern world salad” – but please address what I said above. And also apologize for using ableist language.

• Jorge Carolinos

Everyone should make some time in their day for some Maoist self criticism.

• ESG

Christ, are you really so character-deficient as to not apologize and learn from your mistakes?

• Jorge Carolinos

“Christ, are you really so character-deficient as to not apologize and learn from your mistakes?”

I read this all the way through once, then reread most of it a few years later.

https://www.amazon.com/War-Against-Weak-Eugenics-Americas/dp/0914153293

You remind me of Syme,

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
            thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,
            because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept
            that can ever be needed, will be expressed by exactly one word, with its
            meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and
            forgotten. Already, in the Eleventh Edition, we’re not far from that
            point.”

• FreedomFan

Not fascist at all. Carry on, comrade.

• SMH

.

IF THE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS COULD LEARN FROM THEIR OWN MISTAKES IN THINKING, THEN THEY WOULDN’T BE **NNUTTJOBS**!!

.

• SMH

.

YOU’RE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HAVE A REASONED *DISCUSSION* WITH THOSE ULTRA-RIGHT-WING WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS **MMORRRONNS**?

INSTEAD OF JUST PUBLICLY AND MORALLY EXPOSING THEM FOR EXACTLY WHAT THEY REALLY ARE?

THE LATTER IS THE MOST I EVER DO WITH THOSE WHITE **MMORRRONNS**.

.

• FreedomFan

Apparently now even observing that someone is dumber than a brick is considered “racist” and/or “fascist”.

• ESG

Literally has nothing to do with racism. Calling someone dumb/stupid in itself isn’t fascist, since it’s pretty common language nowadays. But now that it’s been pointed out and you’re continuing to defend language that was literally used to justify forcibly sterilizing people in the US- it reminds me of the whole “the strong will prevail” attitude that pervades fascism. People deserve human rights no matter how “smart” they are.

• FreedomFan

Do conservatives deserve free speech rights, comrade?

• ESG

I don’t give a damn if someone says something conservative or criticizes leftists or whatever. But if your free speech threatens more direct human rights- as is the case for Milo outing immigrants and risking getting them forcibly deported, or someone inspiring violence against minority groups through hate speech- then “free speech” takes a backseat.

• FreedomFan

Another lie. Milo did no such thing.

• ESG

Cited from breitbart itself, so you know it’s not propaganda, right?
            http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/01/28/milo-unm-heres-ices-phone-number-use-wisely/

• FreedomFan

That is not violating anyone’s rights, comrade.
            Illegal immigrants have no right to stay in the U.S.
            None. They are breaking the law. They come from countries where it is also illegal to enter and stay without permission. Controlling your borders is sine qua non for being a sovereign country.

• ESG

The written laws don’t always support human rights. Being forcibly moved out of a country where you have family, a job, are getting education, etc. is a violation of human rights, plain and simple.

If you were actually a libertarian like you say you are, you’d understand this. It’s literally one of the tenents of libertarianism…

• FreedomFan

I’m a Conservative, comrade. We believe in the rule of law, not the whim of tyrants, not special rules for certain groups, and not using illegal immigration to consolidate political power.

• ESG

Because the “rule of law” is always just, like how it allowed slavery until just 200 years ago… Oh wait, you deny that slavery ever happened in the U.S. Whatever, you strike me as the kind of person who would be perfectly fine with slavery anyways.

• SMH

.

AND DID I MENTION THAT FF (F*CK FACE) IS ALSO A **NNUTTJOB**…!?:

ACCUSING POLITICAL &/OR ECONOMIC REFUGEES — ACCUSING VICTIMS OF **U.S./WESTERN** NEOLIBERAL &/OR IMPERIALIST **FOREIGN POLICY** OF “using illegal immigration to consolidate political power.”

YEAH, IMMIGRANTS GOT THE U.S./WESTERN IMPERIALISTS TO **BOMB** THEIR COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN TO SMITHEREENS

— THE U.S./WESTERN IMPERIALISTS KILLING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OR EVEN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE

— OR DUMPING HIGHLY U.S./WESTERN SUBSIDIZED COMMODITIES (LIKE FOOD GRAINS & OTHER AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS) IN THE REFUGEES COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN — MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ECONOMIC REFUGEES TO HAVE EARNED A LIVING IN THEIR HOME COUNTRIES

— JUST SO SUCH IMMIGRANTS COULD UPROOT THEMSELVES FROM EVERYTHING THEY KNEW & BECOME **DESPERATE** REFUGEES

— RISKING THEIR VERY LIVES &/OR SPENDING THEIR LIFE’S SAVINGS

— COMING TO THE U.S./WEST TO TRY TO GET BACK AT LEAST SOME OF WHAT THE U.S./WESTERN IMPERIALISTS RUTHLESSLY TOOK FROM SUCH REFUGEES BACK IN THE REFUGEE’S HOME COUNTRIES TO BEGIN WITH.

— SO **BOOO-HHOOO** FOR THE WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALISTS WHO DON’T LIKE THE DEMOGRAPHIC CONSEQUENCES.

.

• SMH

.

OF COURSE FF (F*CK FACE) IS NOT A LIBERTARIAN — OR WHATEVER EUPHEMISTIC LABEL HE & HIS ILK ARE TRYING TO HIDE BEHIND:

HE’S A WHITE-SUPREMACIST-NATIONALIST *RACIST*!

.

• SMH

.

AND WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR **NOT**, FF (F*CK FACE a.k.a. ‘FreedomFan’).

WE ANTI-RACISTS & ANTI-FASCISTS ARE *DONE* TALKIN’.
            .

• No. Freedom of speech isn’t just about the speech you like. It’s about all speech. It’s not a human right for undocumented visitors to be in this country illegally. Get it? Water, air, happiness, freedom, those are human rights… not access to a country.

• ESG

“Happiness is a human right” Guess what, forcing someone away from family, friends, education, and work are violations of someone’s happiness, if not freedom. How f*cking hypocritical can you be with your definitions?

• So if a burglar breaks into my home and he goes to jail for doing so, am I supposed to feel bad because he has a family he won’t be able to see? GTFOH with your dumb rhetoric. They broke the law, they are here *illegally* that’s not a human right. Wake up, anonymous coward.

• ESG

Breaking into someone’s house is not the same as fleeing to another country to escape conflict and try to lead a better life. Please stop thinking so irrationally. Use your logic and find your emotions.

• This isn’t about emotions. That’s where you have it wrong, facts don’t care about your feelings or emotions. Fact, entering a country or staying in a country without permission is illegal.

The reason the US is “better” than all the other countries that people are suposedly fleeing conflict is because people made really hard choices and put in a lot of work to make this a better place. The same thing could be done *in* the countries people are feeling from, but instead they are trying to run away.

They could start a revolution, take over the government, revolt, effect change and make their country better. Sounds hard doesn’t it? Freedom isn’t free, and the good things in life come at a price. Why should they be free?

Oh yeah, they can come here for a better life, using the legal channels of immigration, as millions of people have done (including me).

• ESG

Dude, if you want to talk about facts, I’ll go right ahead. I’ll start by pointing out where your logic is flawed.

– “fact: entering a country or staying in a country without permission is illegal”. You don’t say? This fact is completely and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand. When you’re questioning why the laws are the way they are, you don’t cite the laws as evidence for keeping the laws the same… Please tell me how this makes any sense to you. And I think if you look into it you’ll find that most laws are very much about emotions. Take an introductory ethics course or something, it’ll probably teach you some things.

– “The reason the US is ‘better’ than all the other countries…” is because of immigrants coming here and working hard, surely? So you want to turn down immigrants that are coming here and working hard… why exactly?

– It’s not so easy building up your country through hard work when it’s being torn down through war both by internal forces (ISIS et. al.) as well as external imperialist forces such as the US and other western nations. However, if you look into it, you’ll find that there are actually anarchist/communist groups in places like Syria that are actively fighting against ISIS to create a free and progressive state… and doing a whole lot more than the US is doing… Look up “Rojava” and the “YPG”.

– “Freedom isn’t free” – what? Seriously, what? Isn’t this entire discussion started over people complaining that people protesting Milo speaking on campus is taking away ‘free speech’ from people? Do you have to pay people for free speech? No, because it’s f*cking free. That’s literally the point of freedom.

– Being an immigrant yourself, surely you must understand that the US immigration system is prohibitive to many, especially under the current administration? Don’t kid yourself into thinking that this is about simply making sure people come into this country legally rather than illegally. It’s about limiting immigration in general, because it’s seen as a threat to nationalism. If people want legal immigration as in people being documented as US citizens, that’s fine, but in that case the immigration system is in dire need of reform rather than keeping the system the way it is and kicking people out just for trying to rightfully bypass the godawful mess that is the immigration system.

• They’re not “my definitions.” LOL — I know you think that you get to define words to suit your particular agenda, but for the real world, the one we live in, things don’t work that way.

• lspanker

But if your free speech threatens more direct human rights

Free speech doesn’t threaten human rights – that’s merely another example of the pretzel-like contortions you engage in to justify violence and silencing of dissenting viewpoints.

• ESG

And you’re dodging the question. You still haven’t apologized. Are you just a terrible person or…?

• FreedomFan

No that’s kinda the central question here comrade. Why do you leftists want to crush the human rights of conservatives? Why don’t you apologize for being such a terrible person?

• lspanker

Fascism is identified most in practice by the use of violence to silence and intimidate opposing viewpoints, which describes Antifa to a T.

• ESG

Literally untrue. If you want to have an argument with “facts and reason”, start here. Go read a political theory book and get back to me.

• lspanker

I’m less interested in political “theory” than actual results. Fact of the matter is that you choose to support policies that inhibit free speech, because you know your side will lose in a marketplace of open ideas.

• ESG

If you’re not interested in political theory, then stop using ideas from political theory. You don’t just get to redefine fascism and communism to what you feel like.

• Killer Marmot

There are right-wing fascists in America, but they are not overrunning Berkeley. The people that the Antifa are opposing are often libertarian, which is the polar opposite of fascism.

• FreedomFan

“Antifa” stands for “Antifaschistische Aktion”, a communist organization.
        Leftists consider communism the “good” form of tyranny. Ideal in fact.

• Eric

You can speak out against these losers at Identity Evropa all you want. You cannot use threats and intimidation to suppress their freedom to express themselves, no matter how much you dislike what they have to say, and to essentially equate Coulter with them just makes you look like the ignorant scum that you are, you aren’t against fascists, you are fascists, trying to suppress conservatives, not racists, and its pathetic that you can’t even tell the difference.

• martqbdlve

Sorry, but unless you are the lone ranger. If you wear a mask and cover your face you are up to no good.

• ScottA

Only in the 21st Century could there be a large group of people that don’t even know what Fascism is, yet act like Hitler’s Brown Shirts. You want to protect Illegal Aliens? Then don’t be surprised when you are arrested on Federal Charges for Obstruction of Justice. This is a country of laws, and all of you are breaking a large number of them. This does not make you heroes, but cowards, hiding behind behind ISIS masks. It is unlikely that none of you could even cook a microwave dinner. So, get over yourselves, and obey the law, or else.

• John Candor

Don’t forget many ANTIFA are very spoiled rich white kids playing revolutionary. Some of them even have Senators as their daddy-waddy.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/34693690/senator-tim-kaines-son-arrested-at-trump-rally-that-turned-violent

“ST. PAUL, MN (WWBT) -U.S. Senator Tim Kaine’s son was arrested over the weekend and could be facing charges.

Linwood Kaine and four others were arrested during a riot at a Minnesota rally that was being held in support of President Trump. Another person was cited for disorderly conduct.
    Linwood Kaine was with a group of four others who were seen lighting fireworks inside the capitol, the Pioneer Press said.”

It’s what the masks are for. To not embarrass mommy and daddy.

• John Candor

The “woman” who got clocked was throwing glass bottles with M80’s in them.

You know; bombs.

• Marg

The people of Berkeley are really fed up with these weak rationalization from the so called Anti-fa. We don’t want your protection. We are very skilled at peaceful popular resistance to fascism, bigotry, hate and violence. Twice you came to our town square on a Saturday, prepared for combat. You did this knowing that there would have been scores of families with young children, elderly, people with disabilities, all trying to get vegetables at the farmer’s market or go to the Y. Your callous disregard for our safety undermines your claim that you decided to show up on April 27 out of concern for the safety of Berkeley High students. We’ve had it with you (mostly) young white guys parading around in masks pretending to protect us by starting fights, setting off firecrackers, using pepper spray and smoke bombs.

• 1776

Surprised the DailyCal is letting Nazis post editorials now.

• Filmore Bloom

Antifa holding hands is a great show of support for the LGBT community. Though it does seem to lack diversity.

• Popcrnshower (Chris)

Antifa support violence against conservatives…what a surprise…and they “outed” UCB republican members that invited Milo, i hope the daily cal posts a rebuttle from the republican club.

• RapeyYogurt
  • Steve

People who are in the right on issues don’t have to cover their face

• Antifa is a terrorist organization that goes back one hundred years.

The SAFE STREETS PROJECT is busy identifying them and ensuring their rendition to law enforcement.

It is why I receive threats. It is why Antifa is arrested when I speak at events.

SAFESTREETSPROJECT.ORG

Visit. Use our app, just as /pol/ does.

We’re taking back free speech.

Regards,

Ivan

• ESPM360

Thanks for your hard work Ivan.

• Jack Rocks

It seems to me that you people are the Fascists here. What does it feel like to have so little self-awareness?

• Independent Nationalist – Nick

Communist garbage.

• Jorge Carolinos

ANTIFA went for a fight and lost, now are trying to mumble their way into victory.

Years ago I was at a punk show and the skinheads decided to do a march around the outside, it was one of the most bizarre displays of frightening stupidity I have ever witnessed with my own eyes. I still think on how ridiculous it was 30 years later.

Watching the ANTIFA march into the park looking for a fight reminded me of those skinheads 30 years ago, dressed up simpletons looking stupid showing off.

I’ve been reading up on the ANTIFA types and they strike me in another way like skinheads, easily manipulated idiots looking to belong. ANTIFA gives these people a reason to exist and a support group of other authoritarians to hang out with. It gives them a purpose and a support group.

Just as when Obama and Clinton came to office the fringe right got all worked up and thus joined militias and other crack pot groups, Trump has driven the fringe left types into the arms of political cults like BAMN and self help groups like ANTIFA.

• Joseph Powell

What antifa did was to DENY others their right to ‘freedom of assembly’ and their right to hear an invited speaker thus denying that person their right to ‘freedom of speech’.
    These little children need to have the government arrest them for violating the rights of others.
    But the liberal city governments here in the Bay Area are not going to attack their own foot soldiers.

• Brett Reeves

People only have heard about antifa because there a joke they have become a punch line they feed the media by giving them something use.. acting like a thug and throwing a fit in public gives the cops a reason to be employed detroy a cop car and they will just ask for more money next year.. your not helping. .

• Stephen Ierardo

Antifa attacks to violently silence people that disagree with them THAT IS FACISM!! You hide behind masks and Marxist rhetoric but you are the fascists and cowards.

• Iain MacAllester

I can’t think of a group of people more deserving to have an encounter with a practitioner of the 2nd Right in the Bill or Rights.

• jeff benson

I’m waiting to see antifa pulling this crap in Utah or Wyoming or any place where there is widespread concealed carry. No you only see them where fascist State Governments make average citizens defenseless like in the Kalifornia Soviet Socialist Republic.

Oh, by the way, the USA is not a democracy. Did you geniuses who “read the Constitution” notice that? Democracy is the race to the bottom. We are a Republic, idiots.

• Nibs Niven

“the USA is not a democracy”

Wrong.

“Democracy is the race to the bottom.”

No, democracy is government by the people.

“We are a Republic, idiots.”

Republics are one of many forms of democracy, idiot. Stop parroting nonsense; learn to think for yourself.

• jeff benson

Democracy is two cannibals and nibs niven deciding what to have for dinner. Try looking at the mirror if you want nonsense.

• freedumb2003

“Ultimately, the bloc’s actions against Milo Yiannopoulos were not in response to the things he says, but the things he does. ”

Followed by a list of things he SAID and not a single thing he DID (although I did chuckle at comparing turning illegal aliens in to shouting “fire.”)

antifa (which of course stands for anti-first amendment) is a stupid organization filled with stupid people. Those who admire it are even stupider.

• Jorge Carolinos

I noticed that too, I think this time around it’s because they now conflate speech with violence so that in their empty heads they can respond with violence.

They resemble 50’s and 60’s Bircher types anti-communists, “why should we give free speech to people who want to end free speech” was actually the type of things anti-communists would say.

There is nothing new in politics, ANTIFA are just the descendants of Joe McCarthy.

• Fruben

ANTIFA & the entire leftist mind set is dangerous, belligerent, & inaccurate.

ANTIFA are politically illiterate Domestic Terrorists, they can’t debate so they can literally ONLY try & censor others.

I was there on the 15th, I’ve never seen such political violence, & in such a COWARDLY fashion, I was pissed off at their fathers & mothers & educators for producing such trash. Very sad that ATIFA exists.

• Robbins Mitchell

“Antifa” and the “black bloc” merely want to exercise their right to invoke their “lower class crybaby veto” over whoever it is speaking if they disagree with them….which is pretty much anyone who doesn’t worship at the Church of Karl Marx’s D!ck

• Jorge Carolinos

Just a guess here, like most leftist revolutionaries they are middle to upper middle class playing at being working class. They came across the actual working class and got a beating.

• ESG

“worship at the church of Karl Marx’s d!ck” says the person with a templar shield as a profile pic. When will you alt-right nerds stop LARP’ing?

• Robbins Mitchell

Not into that LARP scene at all….and I’m not “alt-right”…I’m an original paleo-conservative…..out of the Goldwater/Buckley school….and what you’re spewing is straight up Christophobia

• ESG

I’m not anti-Christian at all. But crusade imagery is commonly used by alt-right people to express their hatred of Muslims. How exactly is the templar shield relevant to modern Christianity, especially Protestant branches?

• Robbins Mitchell

I really don’t give a happy damn what the so called “alt right” uses for its symbolism….I’ve been using the Templar cross as my avatar for years as a former Senior Counselor of the Order of DeMolay,I have every right to….I don’t hate Muslims pe se….just that goddamn meteorite they bow to in the Arabian desert….and that illiterate mass murdering pedophile they call their “prophet”…and that obscure Arabian moon “god” they call “Allah”….and that “holy” book of theirs full of Bibical ripoffs and half mad demonic rants

• ESG

Yup… sounds like you hate Islam

• Robbins Mitchell

Not quite the same as hating Muslims is it?…which is what you originally accused me of…or had you forgotten?…or did you think I hadn’t noticed ?

• ESG

“I don’t hate Christians, I just hate Christianity and am fine with enacting legislature that takes away their rights, slandering their religion, and making them afraid to live in the US because of how people falsely percieve them”

• Robbins Mitchell

I don’t “slander” anyone…and nobody is legislating taking away the rights of Muslims….you just make it up as you go along don’t you?

• ESG

Are you completely blind to recent events? I know Muslim people who can’t go home to see their family because they won’t be able to come back. And conflict over religious garments being banned. And, oh yeah, the fact that we’ve been bombing Muslim civilians in the middle east and this is something that many right-wing people seem to support.

• FreedomFan

Saddam Hussein murdered about 100,000 civilians per year. The U.S. invasion actually saved lives, until Obama betrayed them.

• Robbins Mitchell

Wearing the veil is NOT a tenet of Islam…that’s an Arabic cultural thing….and not a strict religious requirement

• lspanker

Are you completely blind to recent events? I know Muslim people who can’t go home to see their family because they won’t be able to come back.

And I know Jews who can’t go back to their own country because they will be KILLED.

And, oh yeah, the fact that we’ve been bombing Muslim civilians in the middle east

You don’t supposed those 19 Muslims who came to the US and killed some 3,000 of our own people in NYC had anything to do with it?

• ESG

Whoa, you’re seriously justifying bombing innocent civilians because of terrorists? Sick.

• lspanker

Whoa, you’re seriously justifying bombing innocent civilians because of terrorists?

I have done nothing of the sort, but nice try.

• ESG

You literally said that the reason we’re bombing muslim civilians is because of terrorists- I can f*cking quote you on this

• FreedomFan

Islam was founded by a slave-owning pedophile who spread his cult via mass-murder. Is this really news to you?

• ESG

Not like you live in a country that was founded on slavery or anything, right?

• FreedomFan

No. That is a lie like most everything you were taught by leftist professors about how evil our country and Western civilization is.

• ESG

Have you even read the Bible? You should read the Quran and compare them. There’s mostly similarities tbh.

• Robbins Mitchell

There are surface “similarities” between the 2….but the underlying spirit of the 2 is literally the difference between night and day

• ESG

Yup… sounds like you hate Islam

• ESG

Have you even read the Bible? Maybe you should read the Quran as well… they’re actually very similar.

• Sam Spade

Hey you yeah you

I issued a challenge and none of you wants to respond. Ah gee where are all the dirty rat hater trolls blathering about free speech. Oh that’s right you don’t have your baseball bat and heltmet.

And along came a rat what a fitting name you conveniently forget that fascists stabbed people in the name of MAGA..

whats up with the funny costumes and how does that MAGA

• RapeyYogurt

Are you talking about the time they got stabbed with their own knives? LOLOLOL!!!!!!

• roccolore

“Anti-fa” = white supremacists. Not a single black or Hispanic among them.

• ESG

That’s empirically untrue lmao. Even if it was- so surely you support genuine black liberation movements then? Like Black Lives Matter?

• roccolore

BLM is the black KKK.

• ESG

Yikes, that’s some racism right there. Stop using black people as fodder for your racist arguments if you don’t actually care about them.

• roccolore

You blacks are the racists.

• Funk#49✓Funkᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ™

Sit down idiot

• ESG

White people enslaved an entire human race, ruined entire countries because of imperalism, keep black people in the US in a cycle of poverty, and y’all have the gall to say “black people are the REAL racists for hurting my feelings and protesting in a way I don’t like”?

• roccolore

Slavery still exists in Africa. The slaveholders are blacks, racist black moron.

• ESG

Definitely not a result of imperialism dividing countries against tribal lines and forcing them to fight against each other. You still haven’t acknowledged that there’s anything wrong with slavery… curious.

• lspanker

Definitely not a result of imperialism dividing countries against tribal lines and forcing them to fight against each other.

No, more of a function that blacks aren’t just some poor victims who would be holding hands and singing songs of peace if it weren’t for those evil nasty white folks. There’s an overall theme with you in that you conveniently ignore all those facts that are not in concordance with your own loopy left-wing agenda.

• lspanker

Got news for you: it’s no longer the 19th century, and whether we are talking about post-colonial Africa or the streets of urban America, black folks have shown they can do just about as good of a job of oppressing each other without a single white person lifting a finger.

• ESG

Newsflash, gang crime isn’t the same as systemstic oppression. It’s a result of poverty, not power dynamics.

It might not be the 19th century but things really don’t change that quicky, as evidenced by people like you.

• lspanker

Newsflash, gang crime isn’t the same as systemstic oppression. It’s a result of poverty

There are plenty of poor people in the world who don’t go around murdering other people. OTOH, many of the blacks killing each other have a far better standard of living than 90% of the people on this planet.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever checked out US homicide statistics by race?

Homicide Offending
            Rates per 100,000
            Population by Race
            White Black Other
            1976 4.9 46.6 4.6
            1977 5.1 44.4 4.8
            1978 5.3 44.6 3.7
            1979 5.8 47.7 5.0
            1980 6.4 51.5 6.9
            1981 6.0 45.9 6.3
            1982 5.6 41.2 6.4
            1983 5.3 36.3 6.2
            1984 5.3 33.1 5.3
            1985 5.1 34.0 5.8
            1986 5.3 37.9 6.0
            1987 5.2 36.6 5.0
            1988 4.9 41.2 4.5
            1989 5.1 42.0 4.7
            1990 5.6 46.6 4.2
            1991 5.6 51.4 5.4
            1992 5.2 47.0 5.7
            1993 5.2 49.2 5.6
            1994 5.1 45.4 5.1
            1995 4.9 39.3 5.4
            1996 4.5 35.9 4.8
            1997 4.1 32.2 4.5
            1998 4.2 27.8 3.9
            1999 3.6 25.4 3.9
            2000 3.5 25.6 3.3
            2001 3.5 25.6 3.0
            2002 3.6 25.0 2.9
            2003 3.5 25.3 3.4
            2004 3.6 24.1 2.7
            2005 3.5 26.5 2.8

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htius.pdf

• roccolore

Blacks like you are the racists who defend copkillers.

• roccolore

Racist blacks like you also defend those who fake the hate.

• lspanker

Stop ignoring black-on-black violence if you really care about black people… but you really don’t. It’s just another excuse for your type to riot and break things, isn’t it?

• roccolore

And black lives DON’T matter when the killers are black.

• SMH

roccolore: “And black lives DON’T matter when the killers are black.”

THIS COMING FROM WHITE-SUPREMACISTS WHO CHAMPION OTHER WHITE-SUPREMACISTS WHO CHAMPION ***PEDOPHILES*** OF ***WHITE*** ***CHILDREN***!!

THEY DON’T EVEN CARE IF THEY’RE ***PEDOPHILES*** AS LONG AS THEY’RE ***WHITE-SUPREMACIST*** PEDOPHILES.

AND WHITE-SUPREMACISTS WHO CHAMPION WHITE-SUPREMACIST MEN WHO ARE SSO ‘BRAVE’ & ‘TOUGH’ THAT HE **SUCKER-PUNCHES** A ***WHITE*** ***WOMAN***!!

SMH INDEED…

• roccolore

Black supremacists like you are lying cowards.

• roccolore

Racist blacks like you are the pedophiles who defend Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab.

• lspanker

Even if it was- so surely you support genuine black liberation movements then? Like Black Lives Matter?

The fact that you consider BLM some type of “genuine black liberation movement” makes it clear you value emotional and hysterical appeals from disturbed individuals far more than logic and reason.