Former college professor booked in Berkeley Jail

crime_danielkim_staff
Daniel Kim/File

Eric Clanton, a former professor at Diablo Valley Community College, was booked in Berkeley Jail at approximately 6:44 p.m. Wednesday after being arrested in Oakland earlier in the afternoon, as first reported by the East Bay Times.

Clanton was arrested on two charges alleged use of a firearm during a felony with an enhancement clause, and alleged assault with a non-firearm deadly weapon according to Alameda County Sheriff’s Department arrest records.

Clanton is currently being held on $200,000 bail. Clanton’s arraignment is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on May 26 at the Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse.

Check back for more updates

Bobby Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact Bobby Lee at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter at @bobbylee_dc.

• collin

what are the updates?

• ShadrachSmith

The DNC spent millions trying to make that frat guy the face of white cultural hegemony. This guy really is the face of DNC street theater. So, expect minimal media coverage. Don’t want to embarrass the DNC.

• Marc S

The DNC needs no help when it comes to being embarrassed!

• Phineas Bogg

On YouTube video, he is seen dressed in black, wearing a hoodie & mask sneaking through the crowd & using a U-shaped bicycle lock to clobber a student over the head then retreating back into the crowd.

Student instantly begins gushing blood.

• valdeser

This violent criminal is a domestic terrorist by any definition. That charge, as well as commission of a hate crime need to be added.

• Debbie

How come this ANTIFA “professor” loser doesn’t have a mug shot? I wanna see it and rejoice. Saw video of him bludgeoning innocents and he needs to be someone’s girl in prison. Seriously.

• Its been 3 months and no Mugshot.. I personally am going to have to spend the $10 dollars When its up on the superbasicnews site, let the dailycal. know .

• Exador

What new, stupid thing did he do? With the firearm charge, this arrest isn’t from his bike lock assaults.

• Nunya Beeswax

That’s taking “Change must come through the barrel of a gun” a bit literally, isn’t it?

• Michael Stuart

Eric Clanton smashed open the skull of an innocent young man. He could have been KILLED!!!!!! Thats attempted murder if I was on a jury!!!!!! I hope he ROTS in PRISON!!!

• ShadowSandy

Autism powers activate! Form of… Columbo!

• Some guy

Good. If the person in those videos is indeed him, then he deserves to go to prison. He could have killed those people, and for what? Because he didn’t like their political opinions? That’s not okay.