How to celebrate all of July in Berkeley

Tony Zhou/Staff
Tony Zhou/File
Tony Zhou/Staff

July has far more to offer than just Independence Day. So, we at the Clog have decided to teach y’all how to celebrate all of July in Berkeley.

July 1 is Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day. The place to go on this day is Tara’s Organic Ice Cream. Check out their unique ice cream flavors such as berbere, sweet corn and adzuki.

July 2 is I Forgot Day. If you are feeling forgetful today, swing by Memorial Glade! Maybe it will jog your memory! ;)

July 3 is Compliment Your Mirror Day. Today is the day to give yourself some love. Slay it today, baby.

July 4 is the Fourth of July. Red, white and booze, baby. Also, independence.

July 5 is National Bikini Day. Remember everyone is bikini-body ready, as long as you have the confidence to rock it. Flaunt it at Crown Memorial State Beach!

July 5 is also Workaholics Day. Appreciate those who work their butts off and treat them to a back rub at the Berkeley Massage and & Self-Healing Center. If you’re the workaholic, treat yo’self!

July 6 is National Fried Chicken Day. Go to 900 Grayson and order a “Demon Lover,” a fried chicken sandwich that is sure to make your month.

July 7 is National Strawberry Sundae Day. Treat yourself at McDonalds with a strawberry sundae and hate yourself later!

July 8 is Video Games Day. Get out of the house and play some video games at the retro High Scores Arcade!

July 9 is National Sugar Cookie Day. The sugar cookies at CREAM are legendary and worth your time.

July 10 is Teddy Bear Picnic Day. This day is perfect if you are a loser with no friends. Have a picnic at Cordonices Park.

July 11 is Cheer Up the Lonely Day. Today, comfort your friends who actually celebrated Teddy Bear Picnic Day.

July 12 is Pecan Pie Day. Head over to Angeline’s Louisiana Kitchen for a delicious piece of pecan pie!

July 13 is Embrace Your Geekness Day. Celebrate Harrison Ford’s birthday on this day and embrace your inner nerd.

July 14 is National Nude Day. Visit the closest nude membership club, the Sequoians, and embrace yourself!

July 15 is Tapioca Pudding Day. Spend the day being #domestic and prepare this recipe!

July 16 is Fresh Spinach Day. This day falls on a Sunday, so hit up the Temescal Farmers Market and get some fresh spinach! Yummy, and it will make you strong!

July 17 is Global Hug Your Kids Day. If you don’t have kids, take this day to hug your youngest friend.

July 18 is National Caviar Day. Don’t bother celebrating this day. If you are reading this, you are likely one of Berkeley’s broke college students. Be nice to your wallet.

July 19 is National Raspberry Cake Day. Bake this delicious and easy cake!

July 20 is National Lollipop Day. Get a sour lollipop at Powell’s Sweet Shoppe today!

July 21 is National Junk Food Day. Today is a poutine kind of day, so celebrate this day late in the evening with poutine from Smoke’s Poutinerie.

July 22 is Hammock Day. Buy a hammock and tie it between some trees right in front of the Campanile and relaaaax.

July 23 is National Hot Dog Day. Top Dog is your foodie spot for today!

July 24 is Amelia Earhart Day. Read or check out “Last Flight,” made up of Earhart’s diary entries.

July 25 is Culinarians Day. Appreciate the people in your life that take cooking to a whole new level. Treat them to one of the frozen pizzas you forgot you had in your fridge.

July 26 is Aunt and Uncle’s Day. Call your aunt or uncle today.

July 27 is Take Your Pants for a Walk Day. The purpose of this day is supposed to be to go out and take a walk. Ideally, if you are wearing trousers, your pants will go with you.

July 28 is National Milk Chocolate Day. It’s been a long month, so get some chocolate as a reward for making it almost through at Blue’s Chocolates.

July 29 is National Lasagna Day. Tantalize your taste buds at Pasta Bene with a delicious beef lasagna!

July 30 is National Cheesecake Day. Head over to the trendy vegan delicatessen The Butcher’s Son for a delicious slice of (or even whole) cheesecake.

July 31 is Mutt Day. Adopt a pal at Berkeley Humane on this day!

Now go and turn up this July!

Contact Olivia Lipari at [email protected].