How to throw a Taylor Swift Fourth of July party

coloredited_hannahcooper_tswift
Hannah Cooper/File

Let the haters hate. You know all too well that in order to throw an absolutely perfect Fourth of July party, you’re just gonna have to jump (then fall figuratively, depending on just how ~wild~ your party gets). If you’ve gotten the three Taylor Swift references we at the Clog have already made, there’s no doubt in our minds that you’re going to be the perfect party host. If not, read on and see what it takes to throw a rager that’ll make sparks fly.

Assemble your squad

Invite a sizable group of people to come to your party. Gather your closest friends to help celebrate the big day – your Instagram pictures need to be #squadgoals.

Location, location, location

Location is key. If you’re trying to throw a T-Swift party, pick one of your private beaches in Rhode Island and make sure it’s predicted to have good weather on the 4th.

Outfit

As the host, you’ve got to go all out. Grab your patriotic swimsuit, or opt for red or white shorts and a chambray. If you wear lipstick, choose a shade of red. Throwing a T-Swizzle party and not wearing red lipstick is like drinking lemonade without lemons – so not cool.

Snap, crackle, pop

You need the night to be extravagant. Bake a cake and decorate it as the American flag, then use sparkling candles on top of your masterpiece to simulate fireworks. If someone in your squad makes a Katy Perry joke regarding fireworks, tell them to get out.

Have the time of your life

Your squad is your squad for a reason. You baked that scrumptious cake for a reason. And it’s all because you wanted to have a good time. Celebrate America’s day of independence with your closest pals by your side, and organize a personal fireworks show on your private beach. Capture the moment with a Polaroid picture and organize a mannequin challenge because why not?

Live your best life. Lie under the starlight and leave your friends enchanted with your impeccable party-planning skills. Happy Fourth of July, Bears!

Avanti Mehrotra is the assistant blog editor. Contact Avanti Mehrotra at [email protected].