UCPD investigating campus strong-arm robbery

crime_danielkim_staff
Daniel Kim/File

UCPD is investigating an alleged strong-arm robbery that took place at the West Crescent on Friday evening, according to a Nixle alert issued Saturday afternoon.

The alert alleged that a male victim was followed by multiple suspects about 9:51 p.m. Friday after riding BART and exiting the train at the Downtown Berkeley station. As the victim walked to campus and approached Springer Gateway, according to UCPD, the suspects allegedly pushed the victim to the ground and took the victim’s property, with one suspect kicking the victim multiple times.

The victim, who is unaffiliated with the campus, suffered minor injuries, according to UCPD.

After the alleged robbery, UCPD searched the area but could not locate the suspects. UCPD describes the alleged suspects as four to five 15 to 16 year old Black males, all wearing black hooded sweatshirts and two with heavily bleached denim jeans.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the UCPD Criminal Investigation Bureau at (510) 642-0472.

Bobby Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact Bobby Lee at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter at @bobbylee_dc.