BPD investigates shooting, vehicle in water at Berkeley Marina

marina_korechan_file
Kore Chan/File

Berkeley Police Department arrived at the Berkeley Marina early Saturday morning to investigate an incident that resulted in one person shot and a vehicle run off-road into the water.

BPD on-duty watch commander Lt. Joe Okies said BPD responded to the Berkeley Marina after receiving reports at about 3:40 a.m. of loud sounds at the location.

When BPD arrived on the scene, according to Okies, officers found a shooting victim near the Berkeley Pier. Officers also discovered a vehicle that had ran off the roadway and was partially submerged in the water of the San Francisco Bay. The case is still under investigation.

Okies added the victim was transported to Highland Hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, while the vehicle was towed out of the water.

BPD performed an area check after the incident and recovered shell casings from the scene, Okies said.

Okies noted that BPD officers detained “a person of interest” in the shooting around the area of the incident. He added that the suspect was later arrested by BPD on unrelated charges.

Check back for updates.

Bobby Lee is an assistant news editor. Contact Bobby Lee at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter at @bobbylee_dc.

• Cybille Larry

Make $2,000 a week, all you need to do is to learn about Emini S&P Trading Secret, check out the website and you will know how it is working very well. I can assure you this because I’m from it earning now.