Quirky career options

Outside of new career center @ 2440 Bancroft
Joe Wright/File

We wish that we could make an honest living doing the things we truly love: those that involve the least amount of work. If only life were that easy. These jobs show you that it is!

1. Video game tester

Pretty sweet gig, trying out the hottest new video games before they actually become the hottest new video games. You can rake in the big bucks from this too, making about $50,000 a year. Who knows, maybe you’ll be inspired to make your own video games, which can score you upwards of $200,000 a year.

1. Professional couch potato

Everyone’s dream, but you probably won’t get paid much.

1. Participant in one of those weird studies

You’ve probably seen those fliers posted around campus (namely the science buildings) that advertise that you can participate in science study of some sort. If you do not cherish your body and were going to donate it to science anyway, try signing up for one of these. You can make up to $75 per session.

1. Dog walker

Dogs? Walki — DOGS? Sign us up. Not only do you get to spend time with some adorable puppers, you also get some much-needed exercise (and you can channel your inner Daniel Radcliffe). If you take on multiple dogs and work the standard 9 to 5 every weekday, you can make serious bank. We’re talking $50 a dog, which roughly translates to $80,000 a year for dedicated walkers.

1. Food/drink tester

You can test nearly every food and drink under the sun, from ice cream to beer. You’re basically getting paid $30,000 to $70,000 a year to get wasted, get diabetes or whatever your thing is.

This is your call to action, people! If you’re planning on dropping a few of your 20 units at UC Berkeley to do any one of these jobs, we don’t blame you.

Contact Pooja Bale at [email protected].