Organizer of canceled Berkeley rally previously sold protest sticks, shields with Kyle ‘Based Stickman’ Chapman

screenshot_sticks2

The organizer of an upcoming “alt-right” rally in Berkeley, who canceled the event Friday for fear of violence, previously sold sticks and shields with Kyle “Based Stickman” Chapman, a prominent “alt-right” member who is facing a felony charge for possession of an illegal weapon in the form of a stick.

Amber Gwen Cummings posted on her Facebook page July 17 advertising shields and sticks that she was selling with Chapman. Chapman, who was arraigned Friday for his felony charge, was filmed hitting the heads of Antifa members and protesters at the “March 4 Trump” rally in Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park. In her post, Cummings listed “signed sticks” for $50 and said Chapman was dropping the price of shields “for (a) limited time” to $250.

She added in the post that all of the proceeds will go to Chapman — she will not receive “a penny.”

“Kyle is legend and will certainly go down in American History and even though these shields are expensive, they will no doubt have a priceless value at some point every shield will come with a hand written signature on it from the man himself,” Cummings said in a July 8 Facebook post. “Kyle needs this funding in order to continue on his journey and Kyle is setting fires in the hearts of men and women world wide.”

It is unclear based on the posts whether the items were sold.

Cummings used a different Facebook account to create the “alt-right” rally Facebook event; however, the person in both profile pictures is the same.

Cummings announced Friday in a statement to The Daily Californian that she does not want people to attend the Aug. 27 “No to Marxism in America” rally because she wants to prevent any violence. She added that she planned on attending the rally “alone,” but should she be “hurt or killed attending this rally,” she asked people to “not retaliate on each other as a result of my injuries.”

In her Facebook post selling protest sticks and shields from July 17, Cummings mentioned her planned Aug. 27 “alt-right” rally.

“If interested let me know and if your going to the August 26th event in SF or the August 27th event in Berkeley let me know and we can arrange to hand deliver them to you,” Cummings said in her post.

Chantelle Lee is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.

• FreedomFan

Sticks are evil. Only use hair-spray-flame-throwers and bike-locks, comrades.

• FreedomFan

Hitting people with sticks is bad. Almost as bad a burning down buildings like the Democrats’ black-masked antifa pals, or giving random people concussions with bike-locks like leftist college professor Eric Clanton.

• Willliam Wallace

What a ripoff price for a stick and round shield (cost less than $25.- at a lumber yard). These “protesters” are just trying to make a buck of of you SUCKERS!

• zzz

But it’s signed, wouldn’t you want an Yvette felerca bull horn or siren? “What did you do during the summer of idiocy?”. I got this clanton numbered bike lock.

• CSears

The above caption should read: thrice convicted felon Kyle ‘Based Stickman’ Chapman charged with possession of leaded stick. Among his convictions were grand theft and felony robbery.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/meet-the-based-stickman-173908

• Jorge Carolinos

I was under the assumption that the left though that there were to many people in jail? Ban the box.

• CSears

For drug ‘crimes’ definitely too many people go to jail. But Kyle didn’t go to jail for drugs although he is a drug user. He went to prison for grand theft and felony robbery. Sounds like a Republican poster boy.

• TB2781

Berkley has always been known as the land of fruits and nuts.