Thousands of counterprotesters flood Berkeley streets after canceled ‘alt-right’ rally

protest_xiaoyeyan_staff3
Xiaoye Yan/Staff

About 7,000 people flooded Downtown Berkeley on Sunday in a confrontation between “alt-right” ralliers and counterprotesters that ended in pepper spray, purple smoke and 13 arrests.

Around 11 a.m., counterprotesters who marched from Ohlone Park in North Berkeley stood face to face with a small group of right-wing and white nationalist marchers at Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park. The protesters had gathered as holdovers from the “No to Marxism in America” protest, which was canceled days before because of safety concerns.

Berkeley counterprotesters dwarfed those rallying for the “alt-right,” a demographic similar to a right-wing free speech rally in Boston on Aug 19. This pattern of disparity prompted police to escort ralliers out of dangerously outnumbered situations in both cities.

Several fights began to break out between the opposing sides, leading to arrests for a variety of violations, according to Berkeley Police Department.

“Tensions between protesters and counter-protesters are escalating,” BPD said in a Nixle alert. “If near Civic Center Park, leave immediately.”

About 1:30 p.m., police abandoned the security line at the Center Street and Milvia Street entrance to Civic Center Park, at which point protesters in the area stormed the park. Antifa members climbed over police barriers with flares, spraying plumes of purple smoke into the air.

Some groups also organized demonstrations at other locations in Berkeley, including the UC Berkeley West Crescent Lawn and Ohlone Park, to protest the “alt-right” rally. Protesters at the Crescent Lawn and Ohlone Park started marching toward Civic Center Park about noon.

Barbara Roose, activist and Holocaust survivor, was one of many who went to Civic Center Park to protest the “alt-right” rally.

“Hate speech leads to Holocaust. I’m a Holocaust survivor, and I lost a sister to the Holocaust, and there is Holocaust here in the United States,” Roose said. “I’m concerned because allowing hate speech … has led to … mass murder in other racist countries.”

The park, mixed with “alt-right” supporters and protesters, was surrounded by barricades that BPD had set up before the rally. About 12:15 p.m., counterprotesters in the park were chanting, “We’re here, we’re there, we fight the KKK!”

Approximately 50 police officers were spread out around the four entrances to the park.

“I’m here because we’ve known that there’s racism … around the country forever, but since Trump was elected, it’s emboldened them, and we want to show that racists and white supremacists need to crawl back under the rocks from where they were,” said Oakland resident Adam Gold, who attended the counterprotest in Ohlone Park. “If they plan to protest and be violent, we are going to stop them — just how we are going to stop the white supremacists in the White House.”

One man at Civic Center Park held up a sign that said “God Bless Donald Trump,” while the counterprotesters around him yelled, “Impeach Trump.” Arthur Schaper, a South Bay blogger who also attended the rally, wore a “Make America Great Again” hat as he spoke to the crowd.

“I think that Black lives matter, but I think my life matters too,” Schaper said to the crowd.

Erin Smith, a transgender Trump supporter, was shouted down by the crowd at the rally. She said that she voted for Trump but is “not political.” She added that she went to talk to some protesters and they became aggressive.

About 1:15 p.m., BPD officers on Allston Way and Milvia Street began putting their gas masks on, and around 3:15 p.m., the crowds began to disperse, according to a Nixle alert sent out by BPD.

Mayor Jesse Arreguín issued a press release at about 5 p.m. applauding the large numbers of people who came out to counterprotest, despite having previously asked community members to stay away. Arreguín praised those who peacefully opposed bigotry, but he criticized a small group of protesters who took to violence — “Fighting hate with hate does not work and only makes each side more entrenched in their ideological camps,” Arreguín wrote.

Oakland resident Serena Perez, who came to Civic Center Park to protest the alt-right, emphasized the importance of speaking out against the rise of white supremacy.

“You cannot let this type of disease fester and grow. If we don’t come out here and stop it, it will grow,” Perez said. “I 100 percent recognize that there’s a possibility for violence … (But) if you’re not willing to stand for something … then you’re not living at all.”

Sakura Cannestra, Gibson Chu, Rachael Cornejo, Chantelle Lee, Audrey McNamara, Francesca Munsayac, Malini Ramaiyer, Harini Shyamsundar, Amber Tang, Henry Tolchard and Ashley Wong all contributed to this report. 

Contact the Daily Californian News Staff at [email protected].

• hgbe

When the concept of the right to protest first came about in early American history, this was not what was intended. The exact wording of the First Amendment described it as the right to “peaceably” assemble. This is hardly peaceable. And I mean in relation to both ANTIFA and White Supremacists such as those at the Charlottesville incident.
    America was founded on the idea that the people have voices, and that these voices must be respected by government and by each other. Democracy relies on a foundation of free speech, on many people coming together to deliberate, discuss, and most importantly to listen to each other. This is the only way progress may be made: to consider every voiced idea with rationality. If the idea is quickly debunked, then so be it. But it is necessary that it must first be permitted to be heard, and that it is then debunked by sound reason and not by violence.
    We must all have an understanding that despite our beliefs, not one of us has the whole truth to the perfect society. We are all wandering about and crafting certain ideas together in our heads, but not one of us can truly proclaim that we know the entire, absolute truth. Neither right wing nor left wing. And so it is vital that we listen to each other, that we choose the best of every idea we all come up with in the hopes that we may draw as close as we can to that notion of the perfect society.
    And that is why the activities of ANTIFA and the white supremacists are so harmful. They devalue not only the ideas of the “opposition”, but the very people that compose the opposition. Suddenly not only are the ideas of the opposition “evil”, but the people themselves are subhuman, deserving of beatings and humiliation. This cannot be the foundation of a free society, and it cannot go on.

• SMH

.

In Germany the Nazi party, Nazi flags, Nazi salutes, etc., are *ILLEGAL*.

Germany has had some experience with Nazis before.

And in a number of (if not in most) countries of Western Europe, hate speech — speech that slurs or defames and entire group of people based on “race”, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or sexual status, religion, etc., or that advocates forms of genocide, or ethnic cleansing, or state-sanctioned segregation, otherwise discrimination against, or the otherwise elimination of human rights of, minorities — is *ILLEGAL*. (Btw, hate speech is not considered a human right in those countries.)

They’ve had some direct experience of Nazis too — militarily attacking, &/or invading, &/or occupying their countries at one time.

In Canada too, our friendly neighbor just to the north, hate speech against such groups is ILLEGAL.

In those countries it is considered “A COMPELLING STATE INTEREST” that its citizens, immigrants, or visitors, are not categorically defamed based on the aforementioned categories — and that’s where freedom of expression or freedom of the press ends — because history has shown the often horrible consequences.

There is not even any democracy in the world that has absolute freedom of speech, You can’t, for example, call for joining a criminal enterprise (e.g., the local mafia can’t put recruitment ads in the newspaper or stand on sidewalks calling for people to join it); you can’t commit fraud (verbally or on paper); you can’t commit perjury in courts of law or on legal documents; you can’t call for someone’s murder; you can’t put up a sign saying that you won’t sell or rent or provide business services to certain kinds of people in the aforementioned categories; you can’t wantonly yell at night in a residential neighborhood or in someone else’s business in a way that disturbs the peace: these are just some examples on the limitations of free speech, even in democracies.

And these kinds of restrictions — “AS A COMPELLING STATE INTEREST” — are considered AMONG THE FOUNDATIONS OF A FREE & SAFE SOCIETY — FOR EVERYONE! — *NOT* JUST FOR THE RACIAL, ETC., *MAJORITY* OR THOSE IN POLITICAL POWER.

________________________________________________________________________________

[I’m not directing this to *morons* like you, “hgbe” — just to the general readership/public. You see, upon intellectual observation, I can legally call you, “hgbe”, the white *MORON* that you *are*, and *dismiss* you as such.]

.

• hgbe

I understand. :)
        Perhaps you should consider my above argument, though. It’s a bit long to be sure, and I apologize if it’d take too much time to read, but I was hoping you’d closely think on my points. After all, the purpose of the comment section is precisely to share ideas.

Also, in response to your points, yes I do agree that hate speech is indeed something dangerous. However, I would also be very cautious about figuring out for certain whether something is truly hate speech. I’m not pointing fingers at any specific ideas or people, but I would like to stress that we ought to think very carefully and as objectively as possible about the implications and concepts behind all the different ideas in America. Not everything right-wing, for instance, is racist, just as not everything left-wing is perfect. And in all cases we ought to keep this in mind, that we do not find ourselves condemning or accepting ideas before we’ve even begun to explore them. The kind of rampant, mindless accusing going on between liberals and conservatives alike has not been beneficial for America.

• FreedomFan

“Over the weekend, activists descended on Berkeley, California, and attacked peaceful protesters. But it wasn’t far-right white supremacists leading the violence this time…it was left-wing “antifa” (short for “anti-fascist”) counter protesters who assaulted people.”
    -Vox

That’s right, marxists. You even disgusted the ultra-liberals at Vox. Great job. More please.

• FreedomFan

“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts. The violent actions of people calling themselves ANTIFA in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted.”
    -Nancy Pelosi

Yes even the biggest Leftist in the country can’t stomach the hate-filled Berkeley nazis called ANTIFA

• SMH

.

If whiteys like you ‘FreedomFan’ spent just *half* as much of your WHITE energy & time & type sociopolitically actually fighting RACISM, as you do *SUPPORTING* NOTORIOUS RACIST & OTHER HATE SPEAKERS and criticizing antifa, you would morally be a lot better off — & actually lessen the need for antifa.

We *get* it, ‘FreedomFan’…: *you* HATE antifa!!

Now why don’t you take your privileged white azz, MOVE ON, and GET A *LLLIFE*, besides spending all your time at the Daily Cal comment sections. YOU’RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYONE’S MIND WHO DOESN’T OPPOSE ANTIFA…: and you, FreedomFan, certainly don’t exactly have any moral authority in Berkeley. So, FreedomFan, you’re just pissin’ into the wind.

I bet that Nancy Pelosi voted for alll the U.S.’s Mideast wars! I bet that Nancy Pelosi supports the violence that the European-Jewish/Zionist apartheid state of Israel has been unleashing on the *indigenous* Palestinian people since at least 1947! Or as Ice Cube once said, “How can the U.S. government always complain about violence from others…: the U.S. government ‘solves’ *all* its problems violently.”

Or, FreedomFan, is posting, day after day after day, in so *many* of the Daily Cal comments sections the only life you really have…?

.

• FreedomFan

Leftism is a mental disease.
        Q.E.D.

• SMH

.
          *FreedomFan* is a mental disease.
          .

• FreedomFan

“KTVU anchor: ‘I experienced hate firsthand’ at Berkeley rally”
    http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/KTVU-anchor-I-experienced-hate-first-hand-at-12071055.php

• SMH

.

Yeah, the anchor, white Frank Sommerville, experienced the HATE that people have for *RACISTS*!

.

• SMH

.

Follow-up:

Yesterday — on the corporate TV news — photos of arrested anti-racist activists were plastered across the screen. But, these weren’t, for example, “Amber Alert” suspects, or photos of robbers holding guns fleeing from a violent smash-&-grab robbery of a jewelry store where storeclerks and customers were roughed-up or beaten.

We don’t know what often *trivial* charges the cops, ahem, *trump* up to automatically arrest someone the cops don’t like — even without *warning* or, if at a park or plaza, even without clearly posted notifications about what’s not allowed (items or actions) before you enter. And, any *trivial* charges that would later be automatically dismissed by the DA.

And we don’t know who was actually guilty of *anything* (or had any court stay-away orders)…: NONE of them had been convicted or even indicted! And to my knowledge none of the anti-racist participants were principal organizers of *anything* that day.

So, I hope that those who don’t even end up indicted, let alone convicted of anything, or perhaps not even later arrested, find an attorney and *SUE* the TV news stations who plastered their pictures on every local TV newscast as though all those arrested were notorious suspects or violent/convicted criminals.

.

• SMH

More follow-up:

I remember Frank Sommerville from being on TV way back when anti-war activists had more or less shut down downtown San Francisco during the morning rush hour.

And Sommerville kept trying to get his location reporter to find someone, stuck in stopped traffic, to *condemn* the anti-war activists’ morning shut-down.

But, even to my pleasant surprise, especially given that it was morning rush-hour, the location reporter couldn’t find, at random, a single person, tired and stuck in that traffic jam, to condemn the anti-war activists’ shut-down. In fact, all the stopped drivers randomly interviewed said that, even though they were tired and stuck in stopped traffic, and were headed to work, they actually *supported* the anti-war action and thus *wouldn’t* condemn it.

So, maybe Frank Sommerville sometimes just has “a bad attitude” — or is “*looking* for trouble” about incidental or circumstantial things *he* does’t like, but many progressive activists don’t mind, accept, perhaps even support, or give a circumstantial pass to.

I had fun in the mostly festival atmosphere of Berkeley’s anti-racist protest.

Even Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguin had to — afterwards — support Berkeley’s highly diverse, THOUSANDS-OF-PEOPLE-SUCCESSFUL, anti-racist rally — in front of the city hall steps with all the organizers giving a press conference the next day.

.

• SMH

Comment posted at Frank Sommerville’s facebook page:

_ Frank Somerville KTVU : “I touch people when I talk.. it was non threatening. I touched them to say it’s okay. I’m not the enemy”

I understand what you’re saying, and I understand your stated sentiment, but maybe you shouldn’t presume to touch anyone you don’t know. (You’re not talking to your own kids or nephews, or some kid in your neighborhood, who might be upset for some reason or upon some occasion.)

Many Americans of color don’t like, especially, *white* people they don’t even personally know touching them — because AMERICANS OF COLOR HAVE HISTORICALLY EXPERIENCED WHITE PEOPLE TOUCHING THEM FOR THE PURPOSE OR THREAT OF CAUSING *HARM* — from the slave master, to the *pigs*, to white racists, or maybe from a sexual attacker when it comes to a male touching a woman — OR — *WHATEVER* COLOR SOMEONE IS — FOR THE PURPOSE OF EXHIBITING AUTHORITY, OR CONDESCENSION *OVER* THEM, OR FOR JUST MESSING WITH THEM.

(CAPS for EMPHASIS!)

(Or, white people, infamously, even presume to reach out and suddenly touch — without permission — some Black or Asian person’s *hair*, that they go to school with, or work with, or academically teach — to ‘cop a feel’ of their hair — “to see what it *feeels* like”. Many black people have repeatedly experienced this, out of nowhere, in their lives from grade school through adulthood, especially if such Black people study or work around predominantly white people, where such whites feel safe to do so.)

I, for example (one that might be clearer to you), don’t touch *women* whom *I* don’t know and who don’t know *me*.

But, if after you might have had a long-enough *mutually* friendly & enjoyable conversation with someone you didn’t previously know, and you might like to warmly touch them on the arm, associated with your, “It was nice talking to you [or whatever]”, when you say good-bye, then that might be a different thing.

RUN THIS PAST YOUR WIFE, or any black colleagues you are on the same professional level with, and otherwise don’t supervise, or any black friends or good acquaintances of yours.

.

• Leila Blanc

Easy way to make money is through Emini S&P Trading Secret and it goes beyond expectation.

• FreedomFan

Sounds like too much work. The Berkeley way is Marxism: Legalized Theft. If you want something just get the police state to force your neighbor to give you their stuff.

• SMH

And yet you obviously can’t do *without* Berkeley, huh, FreedomFan? — whether you actually live here or *not*!
        ..

• FreedomFan

Too bad the cowardly cops only arrested 13 violent antifa thugs out of thousands.

• SMH

.

HEY!…: HOW’S THAT BERKELEY COLLEGE REPUBLICANS’ **LAWSUIT** GOING FROM LAST SPRING AGAINST UC BERKELEY???…

YEAH!… THE LAWSUIT THAT I MIGHTILY **LLLAUGHED** AT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THE DAILY CAL UNDER THE ARTICLES ABOUT ANN COULTER!

AND ANN COULTER WOULDN’T EVEN COME TO BERKELEY *AT ALL* — LIKE SHE SAID SHE WOULD — BECAUSE, LIKE ANY **HO**, SHE INSISTED ON GETTIN’ *PPAAAID* FIRST…

AND REMEMBER HOW I POINTED OUT HOW **STUPID** THE BERKELEY COLLEGE REPUBLICAN’S LAWYER’S ARGUMENTS WERE, LIKE IN THE VERY FIRST OR SECOND PARAGRAPH? — AND I’M NOT EVEN A LAWYER!

BUT I STILL SAID THAT I HOPED THAT THE BCR’s LAWYER WOULD TAKE *ALLL* OF — OR AS MUCH OF — THE BERKELEY COLLEGE REPUBLICAN’S **MONEY** AS SHE COULD GET — IN THE BCR’s GOING-*NOWHERE* LAWSUIT.

WELL, THE BCR’s LAWYER ALSO USED IT TO GET A LOT OF _FREE *PUBLICITY*_ ON LOCAL TV.

HA-HA-HA—HA-HA-HA!!…

.

• FreedomFan

It’s easy to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys:
    The bad guys use violence to burn books, hurt innocent folks and trample free speech.
    Leftists have become the nazis they claim to hate.

Berkeley: White communists beat up Mestizo civic nationalists deemed white supremacists in the name of fighting peace through violence. Chillingly Orwellian.

• SMH

.

**SSO**!!?…

HA-HA-HA…!!

*RRRUN* RACIST *RRRUN*!!…

WE ANTI-WHITE-SUPREMACISTS ARE **RRRUNNIN’** YAS **OFF**!!
      .

• FreedomFan

Blogging while toking again, comrade SMH?

• SMH

I TOKE ON THE SHEER *EUPHORIA* OF RUNNIN’ WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACISTS *OFF*!!

AND BERKELEY CIVIC CENTER PARK WAS **FILLED** WITH THE EUPHORIA OF ANTI-RACISTS RUNNIN’ WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACISTS **OFF**!!
          .

• DarkStarCrashes

There you have it folks. This guy likes getting high off violence. The ideology comes second.

• SMH

.

AHHH…!: THE SHEER *EUPHORIA* OF CHASING OFF RACISTS, OPEN OR CLOSET WHITE-SUPREMACISTS, NEO-NAZIS, OTHER FACSISTS, & KKK!

OH YYEAHHH!!…: THAT FEELS **GGOOOD**…

RRRUN RACISTS RRRUN!!…

.

• DarkStarCrashes

You’re getting high from this too, aren’t you?

Well, I guess everyone’s gotta get high somehow.

You should try choosing a way of getting high that doesn’t involve so much hate and strife and harm. Maybe extreme sports? Drunken dancing? Krishna consciousness?

• SMH

.
            I GET MY EXERCISE ON _RUNNING FASCISTS & NOTORIOUS RACISTS DOWN_ –AND GIVING THEM WHAT THEY *DESERVE*!!

–ON CAMPUS, AT THE CIVIC CENTER — WHEREVER THEY RAISE THEIR REPUGNANT FASCIST HEADS!

THAT’S A SPORT THAT GIVES ME A *NATURAL* HIGH!!

*RRRUN* RACISTS **RRRUN**!!…

HA-HA-HA…

I LIKE TO GIVE THEM A LITTLE HEAD START TO MAKE IT SPORTING!
            .

• SMH

.

OHHH, THE SHAMELESS, HYPOCRITICAL, RRRICH **IRONY**…:

AN ALT-RIGHT *RACIST*, like DarkStarCrashes, WHO HATES ETHNIC / HUMAN *DIVERSITY* — COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO, NATURALLY, HATE ALT-RIGHT *RACISTS* LIKE *HIM*!!

.

• Pietro Gambadilegno

This is the craziest set of comments I have ever seen.

The right-wingers are delusional.

The one left-winger is both delusional and vicious.

• SMH

“The one left-winger is both delusional and vicious.”

JUST *REMEMBER* THE “*VICIOUS*” PART THE NEXT TIME THE FASCIST RACISTS COME TO BERKELEY — AND WATCH US ANTI-FASCIST ANTI-RACISTS “VICIOUS[LY]” RUN THEM OFF.

YA *HEAR* THAT YA WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACIST FASCIST *SCUM*!!?
      .

• zzz

I think I know who you are referring to as being delusional.

• jimrussell

What did you expect? After 60 to 70 years White Supremacists, Nazi’s, and the KKK have oozed up and slithered out of their scum pits with faces revealed and racist slogans shouted out in public. What has triggered this putrid volcano of hate and racism to began to spout again after laying dormant for decades? Oh that’s right the Herr Twihitler Presidency and silent enabling Republican Party.

• SMH

.

I BET THAT THE JEWS & ROMA & THE SLAVS, AS WELL AS THE “HANDICAPPED”, & OTHER MINORITIES OF EUROPE WISHED THAT A LOT MORE *ANTIFA* OF THE DAY HAD BEEN AVAILABLE TO KICK THE **NAZIS** & OTHER FASCISTS AZZES OF CONTINENTAL *EUROPE*, BACK WHEN NAZI / FASCIST SICKOS & JACKBOOTS WERE STOMPIN’ IN THE STREETS IN PRE-WWII DAYS.

MORE ANTIFA OF THE DAY, BACK THEN, WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THE DEATHS OF WELL OVER **50,000,000** PEOPLE!

–INCLUDING THOSE GERMANS BEGUILED &/OR FORCED TO FIGHT (DRAFTED) &/OR KNUCKLED-UNDER BY — INCLUDING EVEN THOSE *GERMAN* CIVILIANS *ALWAYS* *OPPOSED* TO — HITLER _FOR EVERY MOMENT OF HITLER & THE NAZI’S POLITICAL EXISTENCE_.

.

AND WHO WAS THE VERY *1ST* SAVAGELY KILLED MORTAL VICTIM OF THE NAZIS IN CHARLOTTESVILLE?…: AN UNARMED — PEACEFULLY MARCHING — DEFENSELESS WHITE WOMAN RUN OVER & CRUSHED BY SOME NAZI SICKO’S +/-2,000LB VEHICLE.

IN FACT, THAT NAZI SICKO IN CHARLOTTESVILLE PROBABLY SEVERELY INJURED MORE *WHITE* PEOPLE THAN PEOPLE OF COLOR IN SLAMMING HIS VEHICLE — IN FORWARD *&* THEN *REVERSE* — INTO THE CROWD.

.

• Pareto

I hope conservative and white Americans are taking notice of what is happening here. I hope they’re noticing the narrative being created by the leftist-bureaucratic-media alliance, which is that “Nazis” and “racists” have no rights in America. They can be lawfully physically assaulted by the state and by other citizens without repercussions. In America, it is OK to use violence to silence the political speech of “white supremacists.” The other half of the narrative, of course, is, “Nazis=white supremacists=racists=TRUMP VOTERS=white people”. If you doubt the validity of that equation, you will learn. Today the media, bureaucracy and left are advocating for violence against Nazis, tomorrow its Trump supporters and the day after it is white people. Wake up America. Before its too late.

• SMH

.

How soon you white-nationalists white-supremacists fascist **HYPOCRITES** — OF COURSE — FORGET!…:

IT WAS *TRUMP* HIMSELF WHO *REPEATEDLY* CALLED FOR *VIOLENCE* & PHYSICAL *ATTACKS* ON ON PEACEFUL PROTESTERS MERELY HOLDING UP SIGNS AT HIS ‘NUREMBERG’ CAMPAIGN RALLIES.

REMEMBER?: TRUMP EVEN SAID THAT HE WOULD PAY HIS RACIST SUPPORTERS’ LEGAL BILLS IF THEY WERE ARRESTED &/OR SUED!

TRUMP THUS GRANTING AN *IMPUNITY* OF WHITE-NATIONALIST WHITE-SUPREMACIST FASCIST VIOLENCE AT HIS RALLLIES.

THEN RECENTLY, TRUMP HIMSELF ALSO CALLED FOR *MORE* PHYSICAL ABUSE BY THE HANDS OF THE COPS/PIGS! — THUS TRUMP HIMSELF FURTHER TRYING TO UNLEASH THE PIGS’ VIOLENCE ON PEOPLE OF COLOR!

SO _F*CK YOU_ WHITE-SUPREMACISTS.

YOU COME TO PURPOSELY, RACISTLY *INFLAME* — WELL THEN YOU *GET* WHAT YOU *GOT*.

AND WE ANTI-RACISTS & ANTI-FASCISTS *WON’T* BE POLITE ABOUT IT.

.

• Killer Marmot

Your dosage needs adjusting.

• SMH

Yeah, I’m gonna adjust it on you & your white-supremacist chums — *again* — the next time we see you out in Civic Center Park or on campus.

.

• lspanker

Your threats are duly noted. You’re apparently not bright enough to realize that your real name is known to several posters here…

• SMH

IF **SSO**, lspanker, WHACHA GONNA **DO** ABOUT IT…???

YOU CERTAINLY DIDN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ON SUNDAY IN BERKELEY CIVIC CENTER PARK!
            .

• lspanker

There are other, far more effective ways of dealing with issues instead of engaging in street brawls. You would realize that if your IQ wasn’t down in the double-digit range.

• SMH

.

Well, lspanker…, my IQ being “down in the double-digit range”, I’ll just have to stick with RUNNIN’ YOU RACISTS DOWN & **WHOOPIN’** your azzes!

Ha-ha-ha…!

.

• SMH

Once again we greatly multicultural anti-racists ran the actually *COWARDLY* white-nationalists/white-supremacists off — the few that showed up!

YOU WHITE-SUPREMACISTS/FASCISTS/NAZIS DON’T WANNA MAKE THE COUNTRY/WORLD SAFE FOR *US* — WE WON’T MAKE IT SAFE FOR *YOU*.

–WITH THE CALL, “REMEMBER CHARLOTTESVILLE!” — “REMEMBER HEATHER HEYER!!”

ONCE AGAIN — ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY — WE SHOWED THAT THERE ARE A *LLLOTT* MORE OF *US*, THAN THERE ARE OF *YOU*.

F*CK YOUR ‘FREE SPEECH’…

NO POLITE DEBATES WITH WHITE-SUPREMACISTS/FASCISTS/NAZIS!

AT THE LEAST, WE’RE GONNA DRIVE YOU WHITE-SUPREMACISTS BACK UNDER YOUR WHITE *DUNCE* HOODS!

WE’RE GONNA … *RESIST* LIKE IT’S 1933 — AND AFTER THE LAST TIME WE WHOOPED YOUR NAZI AZZES WITH A LITERAL RAIN OF BOMBS.

.

• RU_Serious

Except there weren’t any white supremacists there yesterday. You and your ilk assaulted peaceful demonstrators, including children, merely for exercising their rights. You are a despicable excuse of a human being.

• SMH

Well then don’t bring your budding _white-supremacist fascist_ “children” to your white-supremacist white-nationalist fascist demos and we multicultural anti-racist activists won’t KICK *THEIR* LITTLE MUTHUF*CKIN’ AZZES **TOO**!!

IF ONLY HITLER HAD BEEN *KILLED* AS A TEEN.

.

• lspanker

You are clearly mentally ill. You should seek professional help.

• SMH

.
            I work out my mental “ill[ness]” runnin’ white-supremacists outta Berkeley’s Civic Center Park or off the Berkeley campus!!
            .

• SMH

.

**SSO**!!?…

YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST *RACISTS* — AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU CALL YOURSELVES & TRY TO HIDE BEHIND — COME BACK TO BERKELEY AND GET IT **AGAIN**!?

(I don’t politely *debate* white-nationalists. I don’t *indulge* white-nationalist racists and their trying to play with words, or whatever their WHITE-NATIONALIST PUBLIC RELATIONS word-game disguises are. I make *fun* o’ them…, expose them for what they *are*…, and rrrun ’em *off*! — JUST LIKE WE ANTI-RACIST ANTI-FASCISTS DID ON SUNDAY IN CIVIC CENTER PARK!! — OR BACK LAST SPRING ON THE BERKELEY CAMPUS! Come back & get SOME *MORE*!!)

.

• Killer Marmot

You talk about white hoods. Do you also include red baseball caps?

• SMH

.

You mean your MAWA — “MAKE AMERICA *WHITE*, errr, ‘Great’, AGAIN” — caps?

Yyyepp…

You *ALLLL* get a complimentary can o’ **WHHOOOP AZZ** in Berkeley to take back home with ya.

HA-HA-HA…!!

.

• Killer Marmot

Pretty sure you did. I’m not one of them, but you do know they sometimes fight back, right?

• SMH

Yeah, like you white-nationalist racists ‘did’ on Sunday in Civic Center Park? — Or last spring on & around the UC Berkeley campus?

(Hey! Where on Sunday was white-supremacist NATHAN DAMIGO — who likes to sucker-punch **white** women in the face?… We would have let just the antifa *women* kick *his* azz on Sunday.)
            .

• Killer Marmot

Just making it clear. You think Trump supporters should be beat up. Got it.

• SMH

.
            Hey “*Killer*”, you’re not as moronic as you usually sound!

Ha-ha-ha…!!
            .

• Killer Marmot

What’s with the maniacal laughter? You’re an overweight gamer living in your mother’s basement, not Dr. Evil.

• SMH

.
            *YYYYAH*-HA-HA—HA-HA—HA-HA-HA….

YYOUR DESTINY BELONGS TO ME AND MY ANTIFA FRIENNNDS NNOWWW…

THIS PAST SUNDAY WE **CANCELLED** YOUR ALT-RIGHT KLAN RALLY — THE *PALTRY* *PATHETIC* FEW OF YOU THAT EVEN SHOWED UP — IN CIVIC CENTER PARK — AND INSTEAD, PUT ON OUR OWN RALLY, **CELEBRATING** DIVERSITY!

GIVE *THANKS* THAT, AFTER YOUR *WHOOPIN’* WE LET YOUR KIND RUN *OFF* — SO THEY COULD TELL YOUR RACIST ALT-RIGHT FRIENDS NOT TO COME BACK!!
            ,

• Jon Smith

Why does the city have a police department if they let these leftist thugs beat people. The Chief of Police should be fired after his admission they let thugs in because they did not want to confront them. So you have a “pajama boy” police department. Hope you do not need help in that city.

• RU_Serious

The only problem is that there were no Nazis at this rally, just Trump supporters. And the violent, fascist, totalitarian left violently attacked them – including attacking children – to prevent them from exercising their Constitutional rights. This is absolutely sickening, and anyone with a shred of human decency should be appalled at this. The “peaceful protesters” cheered when armed antifa showed up to attack not Nazis, not white supremacists, nor fascists but ordinary people whose “crime” was supporting Trump.

What a disgusting display by the left today, have you no shame? Even more troubling was Democrats at the very top helped to incite this, Nancy Pelosi herself declared the demonstrators to be “white supremacists” despite their vehment denials and no evidence whatsoever that they were, just the say-so of the nice people wearing masks, black clothing, and carrying clubs, shields, and other weapons. Can there be any doubt that antifa is the de facto militant wing of the Democratic Party? Do they really want a civil war? Will no one in Democratic leadership condemn this and disavow antifa and their totalitarian, fascist ilk?

One thing you can bet on – footage from this will be shown in 2018 GOP campaign ads to illustrate the kind of country the Democrats want.

• Emilia M.

The whole thing was a disgrace for Berkeley. Mayor Jesse Arreguin is obviously a sympathizer of the anti-American Antifa terrorists, and the police department is the most cowardly and disgraceful in the country. The Mayor and the Police Chief need to be removed from office immediately for their roles in aiding and abetting terrorists, or the situation will get a lot worse before it gets better.

• SMH

.
        Why don’t you get right *on* that…, Emilia M…?
        .

• SMH

.

WE ANTI-RACIST ANTI-FASCIST ACTIVISTS WON’T LET YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACISTS ‘NORMALIZE’ YOUR RACIST FASCISM.

WE ANTI-RACIST ANTI-FASCIST ACTIVISTS WON’T LET YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACISTS WON’T LET YOU MAKE YOUR RACIST FASCISM “RESPECTABLE”, & “CIVILIZED”.

WE ANTI-RACIST ANTI-FASCIST ACTIVISTS WON’T LET YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACISTS *DISGUISE* & OTHERWISE *SUGAR-COAT* YOUR RACIST FASCISM.

WE ANTI-RACIST ANTI-FASCIST ACTIVISTS WON’T LET YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST-SUPREMACISTS WON’T LET YOU RACIST FASCISTS CO-OPT THE LANGUAGE OF HUMAN RIGHTS TO *END* HUMAN RIGHTS FOR THE ALREADY OPPRESSED.

AND THE OPPRESSED ARE NOT *RICH* WHITE MEN LIKE TRUMP & HIS BILLIONAIRE BUDDIES — OR WHITE MEN IN GENERAL, EXCEPT BY THEIR *OWN*: THE WHITE ELITE CAPITALIST CLASS EXPLOITERS, NOT ONLY BUT ESPECIALLY THE 1%.

.

• lspanker

Boy, screaming in ALL CAPS will CERTAINLY win people over to your point of view, won’t it? :O|

• SMH

YO, lspanker…, YOU *GREATLY* OVERRATE YOUR ‘IMPORTANCE’ TO ME:

I AIN’T EVEN TRYIN’ TO *CONVINCE* YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST-RACISTS…

ALL I’M DOIN’ IS TO BE PART OF RUNNIN’ YOUR KIND *OFF*!!

.

BTW, WE ANTI-RACIST ANTI-FASCISTS _**ALREADY HAVE**_ THOUSANDS ON OUR SIDE…: IN CHARLOTTESVILLE…, IN BOSTON…, IN NEW YORK…, IN SAN FRANCISCO…, IN BERKELEY…, IN PORTLAND…, IN SEATTLE…, AND ALL THE OTHER CITIES WE MARCHED / DEMO’D AGAINST YOUR KIND THIS PAST WEEK.

IT’S YOU SUPPOSEDLY ‘BRAVE’ WHITE-NATIONALIST-RACISTS WHO HAD TO RUN OFF, OR FAILED TO EVEN SHOW UP — OR OUTRIGHT CANCELLED — JUST LIKE *MILO* & *HOROWITZ* & *COULTER* DID LAST SPRING AT BERKELEY — OR SHOWED UP IN JUST IN PALTRY *PPATHETIC* NUMBERS LIKE LAST WEEK IN ALL THOSE CITIES & BERKELEY.

YOU WHITE-NATIONALIST RACISTS DON’T EVEN HAVE THE MAJORITY OF **WHITE** PEOPLE ON YOUR SIDE IN THESE CITIES — AND CERTAINLY NOT HERE IN THE BAY AREA.

SO KISS MY AZZ…

.

• lspanker

Except I’m not a “white-nationalist-racist”, nor do I support such people. Of course, that doesn’t stop you from making such ludicrous statements, does it?

• SMH

.
            Hey lspanker…: ‘Surrrre’ you’re “not”…
            .

• iamdink

Your not standing for anything. You are a weekend warrior marching with a bunch of similarly minded people to actively suppress speech.

If you disagree with someone, organize and vote. God knows you are going to need it because DJT is one of the most skilled politicians since FDR.

• Killer Marmot

I don’t have a program. Were the people with the black masks and pipes the good guys or the bad guys?

• C Bierbauer78

Either way, you are a loser K M!

• Killer Marmot

Come now, you couldn’t think of anything clever or witty? Let’s try that again.

• lspanker

Come on, this is Bierbauer you’re dealing with. Did you really expect any more from him?