Best sources of caffeine to get you through the first round of midterms

willowyang_coloredited_coffee
Willow Yang/File

Caffeine is our best friend, but, after a while, coffee gets old and we need other ways to stay awake and study. Thankfully, we at the Clog have compiled some good ways to get your caffeine fix without using and abusing espressos or Americanos.

Kombucha

Black tea kombucha can contain up to 80 milligrams of caffeine per cup. Surprising? Yes. It might be disappointing to caffeine-averse kombucha lovers, but the rest of us should be thankful that kombucha can help us in our quest for that 4.0.

Coffee candy

Out of all caffeine sources, this might be the most exciting: chewable coffee. These things called Go Cubes contain 50 milligrams of caffeine in each gummy and apparently don’t taste too bad.

Vape caffeine

This is a thing, apparently. Instead of being hit with nicotine, the user gets hit with a caffeine boost. Vaping caffeine allows the caffeine to be absorbed quickly, so it’s perfect for a quick boost.

Caffeinated gum

Gum-laced caffeine is an easy way to stay awake. The FDA cracked down on it recently, but you can still find the gum on Amazon.  

Chocolate

Chocolate’s actually a pretty good source of caffeine as it is. Apparently, people still feel the need to add more caffeine. Hence, caffeinated chocolate exists.

Soap

There are a surprisingly good amount of caffeine-infused soaps on the market. Apparently it’s supposed to sink into your skin in order to give you a boost.

There’s nothing good about caffeine keeping you wide awake at a time when most others are asleep. However, midterms, as a rule, require 3 a.m. cram sessions. For those times, caffeine and sleep deprivation are characteristics of everyday life. It’s OK once in awhile, but make sure to get some good post-midterm sleep.

Contact Melany Dillon at [email protected].