Berkeley Police Department and its law enforcement partners arrested nine people Thursday night in connection to protests related to Ben Shapiro’s speaking event on the UC Berkeley campus.
According to Berkeley Police Department spokesperson Officer Byron White, the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office worked with BPD as one of its allied partners to make the arrests. BPD released a Nixle alert late Thursday evening with details about the arrests.
The nine people arrested are:
- Sarah Rourke, 44, San Francisco, on suspicion of carrying a banned weapon
- Hannah Benjamin, 20, Fremont, on suspicion of carrying a banned weapon and battery on a police officer
- Michael Paul Sullivan, 29, Hayward, on suspicion of carrying a banned weapon
- Kerim Celik, 18, Saratoga, on suspicion of disturbing the peace
- Noe Gonzalez Gudino, 24, Richmond, on suspicion of disturbing the peace and public intoxication
- Miguel Reyes, 21, Colton, on suspicion of resisting arrest
- Jorge Cabanillas, 20, Rialto, on suspicion of battery
- Eddy Robinson, 44, Oakland, on suspicion of carrying a banned weapon
- Darin Bauer, 45, Berkeley, on suspicion of battery
Check back for updates.