2 suspects allegedly beat, attempt to rob male student outside Crossroads Dining Hall

patz_mikaelaraphael_file
Mikaela Raphael/File

An attempted robbery took place outside of Crossroads Student Dining Hall on Monday about 4:15 p.m.

Two male suspects allegedly approached a male student as he was walking toward the dining hall and proceeded to beat him while attempting to rob him, according to a Nixle alert released Tuesday morning.

The alert added that two other suspects were involved — the third suspect allegedly stood by and called the fourth suspect, who was driving a red four-door vehicle. All four suspects allegedly left the area in the vehicle, leaving the victim with minor injuries.

The Nixle alert listed the suspects as:

• a Hispanic male, about 18 to 20 years old, with black hair
  • a Black male, about 18 to 20 years old, 5’9” in height with a thin build, wearing a gray jacket
  • a Black male
  • a Hispanic female, about 16 to 18 years old, with a thin build

After searching the area, UCPD and Berkeley Police Department have not located the suspects or the suspects’ vehicle.

Malini Ramaiyer is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @malinisramaiyer.

• D.Plorable

I’ve been fearing that this stuff was going to escalate. Broad daylight and getting bolder. There was a pattern like this in the 90s that spread though the south campus area and culminated in fatalities of Cal students and staff. Please be careful.

• lspanker

The Nixle alert listed the suspects as:

a Hispanic male, about 18 to 20 years old, with black hair
    a Black male, about 18 to 20 years old, 5’9” in height with a thin build, wearing a gray jacket
    a Black male
    a Hispanic female, about 16 to 18 years old, with a thin build

Coincidence that the crew that committed the off campus robbery/beating a week or two ago also consisted of three males and one female?

• California Defender

Interesting that the race of the victim was not publicized. I’m fairly certain if the perpetrators were white and the victim was not, this case would be huge. Students would riot, Trump would be blamed, and CNN would have their vans rolling in faster than you can say Barbara Lee.

• s randall

There was an assault on Oct. 1. with 3 males, but no female. That one had 2 Hispanic males and one indeterminate, compared to today’s with 2 Black and one Hispanic males. Doesn’t seem the same to me.

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 12:39 a.m. UCPD received a call from witnesses regarding an aggravated assault at Unit III. The victim, a male student, got into an altercation with a group of males. The male suspects began beating the victim.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/6187075/

• Nunya Beeswax

Is there some doubt as to whether the student was beaten?