Upcoming fall TV premieres you won’t want to miss

Stranger Things
Netflix/Courtesy
Stranger Things

We’re three weeks into fall, and you know what that means: It’s “Netflix and Chill” season. Love, pumpkin spice and binge-watching is in the air, so whether you’re planning to melt your entire brain after finishing a new show in a fuzzy blanket or forcing your roommate to binge with you, here’s a list of fall TV shows about to air that you won’t want to miss.

October 11: Riverdale (The CW, Season 2)

Shamefully addicting, this show follows a handful of teens in a small town as they attempt to unveil the mysterious murder of one of their high school colleagues. “Riverdale” is eerie, odd, moody, endearing and wildly addictive. On a totally unrelated note, Cole Sprouse from our childhood Disney favorite “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” also appears. You’ve gotta see it to believe it.

October 13: Jane the Virgin (The CW, Season 4)

“Jane the Virgin” is a lighthearted comedy following the unpredictable life of Jane, a hardworking, religious and devoted virgin who becomes pregnant after being (accidentally) artificially inseminated during a checkup. To make matters worse, the biological father is her boss (who is married) and her former high school crush. Jane is faced with the choice of pursuing the biological father or staying with her current boyfriend, all the while managing *her* life.

October 22: The Walking Dead (AMC, Season 8)

Talk about perfect timing for Halloween. If you haven’t gotten enough of your zombie fix this October, you’ve got seven seasons of “The Walking Dead” to catch up on in the next two weeks before the debut of season eight. “The Walking Dead” focuses on a chaotic, post-apocalyptic world and a group of survivors as they fight to maintain the longevity of their lives against walkers and other crazed survivors.

October 27: Stranger Things (Netflix, Season 2)

Yet another shamefully addicting show, “Stranger Things” follows a group of boys living in an eerie small town during the 1980s. During this time, their childhood friend mysteriously disappears and a young girl with seemingly supernatural powers appears. As investigations continue, the people of the town begin to uncover a dark and corrupt side to their local government.

November 5: Shameless (Showtime, Season 8)

Get ready to ROFLMAO (Urban Dictionary it). “Shameless” is a story of the dysfunctional Gallagher family: a family of six kids and their chronically drunk father. The kids cope as best as they can without the guidance of a father, yet they can’t help but find themselves in the midst of some unbelievable circumstances once in a while.

November 26: America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC, Season 28)

What a classic. Almost all of us have at least turned on the TV once and found ourselves laughing at the compilations clueless babies, clumsy animals and pure adult stupidity. If you haven’t though, where was your childhood? Get on YouTube right now, type in “AFV” and prepare to waste the next 10 hours of your life.

Whether you watch one or all of these shows, we at the Clog hope you enjoy whatever your next series venture may be!

Contact Camryn Frederickson at [email protected].