Berkeley Fire Department responded to reports of a fire at Maximino Martinez Commons on Thursday evening.
Residents of Martinez Commons were evacuated about 7:40 p.m., after a fire alarm went off in the building. According to BFD Battalion Chief Bill Kehoe, BFD received reports of a fire alarm going off at Martinez Commons. Firefighters arrived on the scene and discovered that there was a reported dryer fire in the building.
“We’ve got companies on scene right now,” Kehoe said. “Those guys are calling for additional help — they’re saying we do have a small dryer fire.”
Check back for updates.