Female student robbed at UC Berkeley’s Crossroads Dining Hall on Tuesday

Crossroads

Update 10/18/2017: This article has been updated with additional information from a Nixle alert.

A female student was robbed at the Peet’s Coffee in Crossroads Dining Hall on Tuesday afternoon, according to the UCPD crime log.

About 3:55 p.m., the victim was approached by two male suspects, who allegedly stole her gold Apple Macbook laptop at a loss of about $1,300, according to the crime log. According to a Nixle alert issued Tuesday, the victim fought back and was punched in the face by one of the suspects, while the other suspect unsuccessfully attempted to steal two other laptops.

The victim sustained minor injuries and was treated in a local emergency room.

The first suspect was described as a Black male, 5 feet 8 inches in height with a short black afro, wearing a navy blue or black sweatshirt with a circular logo and black pants. The second suspect was described as a Black male, 5 feet 10 inches in height with a slim build, wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a white stripe, dark jeans and a gold chain necklace.

Both suspects were last seen running south on Bowditch Street toward People’s Park. UCPD and Berkeley Police Department searched the area for the suspects but were unable to locate them.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call UCPD at (510)-642-0472.

Check back for updates.

Ashley Wong is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @wongalum.

• svendlarose

Why didn’t the other students in the dining hall come to her aid and make citizens’ arrests of the miscreants?

• D.Plorable

As I’ve posted at the EastBayTimes, you can get a basic tablet or laptop now for pretty cheap, it would be a good idea to have a “knockaround” unit to go “mobile” with that would not be a great loss if it got broken or stolen. Don’t wind up like the Oakland musician who died fighting for the laptop with his life’s work on it!

• California Defender

Rape, armed robbery, assault, beatings… and all on a daily basis at Berkeley.

Trouble in leftist paradise?

Nah, none of that matters to Berkeleyites. But if a conservative speaker dares set foot on campus…