Our waning motivation as told in a series of graphs

coloredited_caraghmcerlean_motivation
Caragh McErlean/Senior Staff

While midterms are now well on their way out, we at the Clog have come to realize something: student motivation is on a steep decline. In order to show just how rapid the deterioration is, we’ve outlined a few startling facts for you.

As you can see, our motivation takes a nose dive around week 10, which is right around the time that we officially give up on course readings. That aggressive spike during weeks 13-15 is a graphical reflection of our sad “Hail Marys” for finals week.

Amanda Chung/Staff

Amanda Chung/Staff

Interestingly enough, the graph of the time at which we start walking to our 8 a.m. is almost exactly inverse that of our motivation. Coincidence? Probably not.

Amanda Chung/Staff

Amanda Chung/Staff

Below, we also have the contents of the meme page at the beginning of the school year.

Amanda Chung/Staff

Amanda Chung/Staff

And here we have the contents of the meme page during weeks 2-15 of the semester.

Amanda Chung/Staff

Amanda Chung/Staff

Don’t you just love when your first wave of midterms seamlessly blends into your second wave of midterms? Yeah, us too.

Amanda Chung/Staff

Amanda Chung/Staff

The anomaly of how we manage to lose sleep and motivation in remarkably similar patterns puzzles us. You’d think that the less we care, the more we’d be able to sleep. But alas, the world works in mysterious ways.

Amanda Chung/Staff

Amanda Chung/Staff

While you may feel like we’ve accurately captured your life, as you can see, you’re not the only one whose motivation is declining. Push through, Golden Bears!

Contact Amanda Chung at [email protected].