Rupi Kaur’s masterpiece poems ranked

rupikaur_rupikaur-andrewsmcmeelpublishing-courtesy-copy
Rupi Kaur / Andrews McMeel Publishing/Courtesy

The UC Berkeley Memes for Edgy Teens Facebook page has recently been gifting us with modifications of Rupi Kaur’s poetry. Kaur performed Sunday in San Francisco, so we’ve decided to rank her works of art — because that’s what we at the Clog do. Enjoy.

No. 8: We can all appreciate the aesthetically appealing non-capitalization of words. It helps underscore Kaur’s message: Remember things.

View this post on Instagram

gratitude🌻

A post shared by rupi kaur (@rupikaur_) on

No. 7: When you get your CS 61A midterm score back and you think, “Everything hurts,” just remember that with your humanities classes, “Everything can heal.”

View this post on Instagram

🌱😌🌱

No. 6: Rupi knows that UC Berkeley can be an isolating place. So instead of hugging your Math 54 textbook, spend some time with your thoughts and tears. In times of solitude, all we need is more solitude.

View this post on Instagram

🌞

No. 5: Not sure how that would work, but she might be onto something. Those EECS dudes can creep you out from miles away — no touch needed.

View this post on Instagram

lovers and readers: dedicated to all of you

No. 4: This brings us back to those days in middle school when the bathroom stalls had messages that spoke to our souls and made us question our dreams. Truly remarkable. Too bad the Evans Hall bathrooms still take us back to focusing on the negative.

No. 3: The burning question: Could they hear her through the door? This is reminiscent of when office hours end, but we still crave the guidance of our GSIs — even though their doors are closing.

View this post on Instagram

page 131 🌻 preorder: rupikaur.com/milkandhoney

No. 2: Do not look for solace in the EE 16A final if you’ve only found failure in the EE 16A midterms.

View this post on Instagram

🌛

No. 1: When people boast about their 4.0’s, don’t let it hurt your subpar GPA. Click on the link for the poem — the illustration’s pretty cool, and maybe it’ll make you feel better about your GPA.

If you’re a poetry connoisseur, this is clearly the stuff of dreams. The poems are almost always three to four lines long and easy to digest. Yeah, they may lack traditional poetic subject matter, such as clever critiques of society, but at least the illustrations are pretty good.

Contact Melany Dillon at [email protected].