Berkeley police search for missing person at risk

Berkeley Police Department asked community members for help in locating a missing woman at risk in a Nixle alert released early Friday morning.

Regina McDonald is diagnosed with schizophrenia and severe mental illness, suffering from a stimulant dependency, according to the alert. She currently resides at the Bonita House at 1410 Bonita Ave. The alert said McDonald was last seen by her roommate walking away from the Bonita House on foot about noon Thursday.

The alert described McDonald as a Black 27-year-old female, 5 feet 7 inches in height and 205 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a red sweatshirt, a long white shirt, calf-high, dark-colored Nike socks, a blue beanie with a “Superman” logo and black basketball shorts, according to the alert.

“She has no means of transportation and highly likely to not have any money,” the alert said. “At this time, it is unknown where she likes to frequent.”

Anyone who locates McDonald is to call Tandeka Williams at 510-461-6558 and BPD at 510-981-5938.

Check back for updates.

Chantelle Lee is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.