Happy non-alcoholidays! This is the time of the year for little get-togethers and dinner parties. More often than not, these occasions contain several things: good food, laughter, awkward conversations and booze — lots of booze. But just because you’re underage, or if you decide not to consume alcohol, it doesn’t mean you have to stick to water. Try these festive mocktails — cocktails but without the booze — for an equally satisfying beverage this holiday season!
Sparkling Pomegranate Screwdriver
Not the tool, but the cocktail — or should we say, mocktail! This one’s a festive spin on your traditional screwdriver — an orange juice and vodka concoction. Bubbly and sweet, this drink’s definitely a refreshing treat!
2 oz. pomegranate juice
4 oz. orange juice
San Pellegrino (Tangerine LaCroix works really well here too!)
Fresh orange slices and pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Combine the pomegranate and orange juices in the glass. Gently stir and top it off with some San Pellegrino.
- Use the orange slices and pomegranate seeds to garnish.
Apple Pie Moscow Mule
Who said you couldn’t drink apple pie? No one. Follow your dreams and devour a glass or two of this sweet and cinnamon-y beverage! Take out those copper mugs, because it’s Moscow Mule time!
2 oz. apple cider
Juice from half a lime
1/2 bottle of ginger beer
Cinnamon sticks and apple slices to garnish
- Fill mug with crushed ice.
- Pour apple cider into the mug.
- Top it off with ginger beer and lime juice.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and apple slices.
Pumpkin Spice Fizz
Pumpkin spice latte? More like pumpkin spice mocktail! This cinnamon-y drink combines yummy flavors, such as pumpkin and ginger, for a sparkling holiday beverage.
2 oz. ginger beer
½ oz. lime juice
1 oz. pumpkin puree
⅛ tsp of cinnamon
Drizzle of honey to taste
Lime slices for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker or large mason jar.
- Shake it like a Polaroid picture.
- Strain over fresh ice into a glass.
- Garnish with slices of lime.
Whip up some of these delicious drinks for a fun and festive holiday season! Cheers!
Contact Allison Fong at [email protected].