Holy (no) cow! Best dairy-free alternatives to try immediately

So, tell me what you want, what you really really want! Dairy-free alternatives that actually taste good — that’s what. Plant-based foods are all the rave right now. Some people are dairy-free because of health, allergies or even to be trendy (same with the whole gluten thing — do you even know what gluten is?). There are a bunch of dairy-free alternatives in the market, but which ones are actually the best? We all know there’s nothing worse than buying an entire container of something and later realizing that it tastes like literal trash, leaving you to question why the world is so wrong.

To avoid this horrific problem, we at the Clog have compiled a list of our favorite dairy-free alternatives for you and your dairy-consuming friends to enjoy! They won’t even know the difference. All of these options are literally that good.

Yogurt

Kite Hill Almond Milk Yogurt

Kite Hill is a favorite among the dairy-free community, and the reason is quite obvious. They serve almond-based yogurts in a variety of flavors and even have a couple Greek style options. You can’t really lose with any of the flavors, but our go-tos are the caramel or the vanilla Greek-style yogurts. Grab a spoon and dig in, because this one’s the real winner!

Forager Project Cashewgurt

Yup, you read that right, the title says “cashewgurt.” Made with organic cashews, Forager yogurt is a creamy cashew goodness that comes in several flavors. How do they make yogurt out of a nut? Who even knows, but we’re surely not questioning it.

COYO Coconut Milk Yogurt

Rich and creamy, COYO yogurt is a big contender in the market. Handcrafted in small batches with simple and clean ingredients, this one’s truly like no other. Enjoy this smooth and velvety treat with berries or simply as it is!

Milk

Beber Almondmilk

Beber Almondmilk is a Chico-based almond milk company that makes fresh almond milk with two ingredients: almonds and water. They offer a selection of flavors ranging from lavender to chocolate, but our favorite is the honey vanilla. Rich, creamy and so full of flavor, you’ll forget this didn’t come from a cow.

Silk Soymilk

If almond milk isn’t your jam, this will be. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, plain and even super vanilla. Not quite sure what the latter tastes like, but we think it’s safe to assume it’s pretty vanilla-y.

So Delicious Coconut Milk

Another great alternative, So Delicious coconut milk is perfect on its own or in a smoothie! This brand also offers a variety of products to satisfy your other dairy-free needs.

Cheese

Kite Hill Ricotta

Salty and savory, this one’ll melt right in your mouth. Made with simple ingredients, Kite Hill sure knows how to fulfill your cheese cravings with this ever-so satisfying dairy-free alternative. Definitely the best topping for pizzas, salads, pastas and everything in between!

Kite Hill Cream Cheese Style Spread

Slab it on a bagel, crackers, carrots or anything, because this is what dairy-free dreams are made of. You (and your dairy-consuming friends) won’t believe that it’s plant-based. The chives cheese spread is creamy and tastes just like cheese, giving us creamy spinach dip vibes.

Chao Creamery Vegan Cheese

Perfect on sandwiches and made with ingredients that you can actually pronounce, Chao is definitely a dairy-free favorite. This one’s delicious straight out of the package or melted. Grilled cheeses for everyone!

Ice Cream

So Delicious Frozen Desserts

The sweets and treats in a variety of plant-based options are all literally So Delicious. (See what we did there? *virtual high fives and eye rolls all around*) Serving pints and ice cream bars, So Delicious ice cream is a favorite treat among many. Be sure to pick up a pint of the snickerdoodle cashew milk ice cream the next time you go to the grocery store. You won’t regret it.

Steve’s Ice Cream

We have two questions: 1. Who’s Steve? and 2. Why is his ice cream so good? Made with creamy coconut milk, this New York-based company makes delectable concoctions, such as burnt vanilla, cold brewed cinnamon coffee and speculoos cookie dough. Make enough room in your freezer for a couple pints, because just one pint is never enough.

NadaMoo!

Another coconut-based frozen treat, NadaMoo is a yummy alternative. With a wide range of flavor combinations, there are so many to choose from. We recommend the vanilla cha-cha-chai for a sweet and creamy treat like no other!  

Be legen(dairy-free) with these delicious dairy-free alternatives!

Contact Allison Fong at [email protected].