Things to do instead of Black Friday shopping

black-friday
Diariocritico de Venezuela/Creative Commons

Next week is Thanksgiving and as we all know, that can only mean one thing: Black Friday. Yes, the one day of the year when people find it socially acceptable to sleep on the sidewalk outside Home Depot in the hopes of a discounted barbecue. Well, we at the Clog have some important news for you: you don’t have to participate in the mayhem of Urban Outfitters and wherever else you’re going to get slapped by that overly aggressive 13-year-old over a crop top. In fact, there are more than a few alternatives to spending your night waiting for Walmart to open. If you need some inspiration, all of the following options will provide more enjoyment than abandoning your bed and running through Target at 4 a.m.

Sleep

You can actually stay in bed instead of waking up at the butt crack of dawn. I know it may sound crazy, but what if you actually got eight hours of sleep for once? After all those Thanksgiving treats, you’ll be in the perfect mood to sit back, rest and digest. You’ll keep out of the cold, avoid potential trampling and wake up feeling perfectly rested.

Online shop

The crazy thing about Black Friday is that a lot of the discounts in stores are also available online. Now really, why would you venture out into society when you can snuggle up with some hot cocoa and get that new morphsuit you’ve been dreaming of delivered to the comfort of your own home?

Get a paper cut

This sounds about equally enjoyable as Black Friday shopping. It’s also probably very likely if your holiday plans include sending out holiday cards (those envelopes are sharp) or opening your advent calendar a little early.

Budget

Instead of throwing your money at brand names and Apple devices, maybe start being an adult and figure out what you should actually be spending money on. Maybe you could save for a concert or any other real life experience. Or, give yourself the day off from money altogether and enjoy the freebies from your parents’ fridge.

Decorate

Get ready for December holidays! Whatever your chosen celebration may be, decorating is the perfect way to get into the spirit of things. Not to mention, it’s a great way to spend time with the family.

Call Apple

We’re not completely sure if this is a thing, but maybe call Apple and leave them some strongly worded voicemails about fixing the “A ?” autocorrect because if you’re Instagram captions keep getting messed up, we are all going to have a serious problem.

If none of these options strike your fancy, try pretty much any other way of spending your time because its probably better than Black Friday.

Contact Hailey Johnson at [email protected].